Daycare.com Forum

Daycare.com Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daycare Center and Family Home Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Outdoor Toys (https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93621)

284878 08-12-2020 12:06 PM

Outdoor Toys
 
I am trying to improve my outdoor toys and would like to find a sand/water table. Something that does not need to be brought in out of the sun and has a lid. I can go up to $100 and maybe a little over. What table do you recommend?

These are two that I found... Let me know if you like them or not, I failed at my last attempt of purchasing one. It ended up being 2 totes in a pvc frame, the kids can remove the ten dollar totes and can easily move the frame around. I am not sure what table height is the best, the best depth for the tub, etc...

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...KIKX0DER&psc=1

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...TMGQMQ4Z&psc=1


What Kind of ride one toys do you have? I want to replace the two bikes/ride on toys that I have, everything I have seen and liked has been sold out or great but way out of my price range.
I have a hilly, grass playground. (I want to avoid anything that recommends helmets)


BC showed me this and I love it https://www.lifetime.com/lifetime-90...-teeter-totter but it is discounted. I have been searching and can not find anything like it.

What do you have in your playground that kids just love?

Michael 08-12-2020 12:33 PM

Here's a previous thread on Sand and Water Tables: https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29637

Cat Herder 08-12-2020 02:02 PM

I have the Step Two Naturally Playful Sand & Water Activity Center. I have had it almost ten years and it still looks brand new. It has been used every weekday by ages 12 months-6 years. likethis A quick spritz of bleach a few times a year is all it requires.

I don't do ride on toys because they require helmets, but the hoppers do not. I get a new set each year from Oriental Trading as they tend to wear out pretty quick with the mulch I use. They are the summer favorite. :Sunny:

Rainbow scooters are always a huge hit, here, too. I also get them from OTC. They last about 5 years before they start to crack and rust. I have had three sets, now. likethis

284878 08-12-2020 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat Herder (Post 720616)
I have the Step Two Naturally Playful Sand & Water Activity Center. I have had it almost ten years and it still looks brand new. It has been used every weekday by ages 12 months-6 years. likethis A quick spritz of bleach a few times a year is all it requires.

I don't do ride on toys because they require helmets, but the hoppers do not. I get a new set each year from Oriental Trading as they tend to wear out pretty quick with the mulch I use. They are the summer favorite. :Sunny:

Rainbow scooters are always a huge hit, here, too. I also get them from OTC. They last about 5 years before they start to crack and rust. I have had three sets, now. likethis

Thanks, I have the hoppers but they don't get used. I found the rainbow scooters on Amazon and was considering grabbing them. Do they do well in "all terrain" playgrounds?

284878 08-12-2020 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat Herder (Post 720616)
I have the Step Two Naturally Playful Sand & Water Activity Center. I have had it almost ten years and it still looks brand new. It has been used every weekday by ages 12 months-6 years. likethis A quick spritz of bleach a few times a year is all it requires.

Found the table, I like it. And cheaper than what I found.

Cat Herder 08-12-2020 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 284878 (Post 720617)
Thanks, I have the hoppers but they don't get used. I found the rainbow scooters on Amazon and was considering grabbing them. Do they do well in "all terrain" playgrounds?

Not really. They work great on wood decks or the driveway. If your yard is well packed and dry, maybe. They sink in my soggy lawn.

Cat Herder 08-12-2020 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 284878 (Post 720618)
Found the table, I like it. And cheaper than what I found.

There is a matching playhouse, climber/slide, pic-nic table, sand box and teeter totter. I have them all.

Jupadia 08-13-2020 05:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My husband threw toghter a wood frame, and I place just a regular storage bucket in it. I keep sand in one bucket and lift it out when not in use. I use a seconed bucket for water or whatever else we are doing (shaving cream, mud, and such).

Mariposa 08-13-2020 09:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I just bought on OfferUp or Marketplace or something a coffee table with removable top. I work with older kids so I am not worried about pinching from the lid.
We are sanding and painting it pretty and waterproof. It has side storage for tools. We are adding side boards to the table so that we contain the containers.

Can't wait to see how it looks when my husband is done, and I hope it works.

Originally I wanted my husband to make this wooden table, hopefully pictured. I screen shotted it from someone's website. Still could if I wanted to graduate from simple $ tree shoe bins.
Outside currently I have two large clear containers for water, balloons, orbees, etc. And a metal bin for mud. I have a playhouse with a sensory table but I don't like how it gets dirty and how to clean it, so I close it off.

284878 08-26-2020 11:18 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat Herder (Post 720620)
There is a matching playhouse, climber/slide, pic-nic table, sand box and teeter totter. I have them all.

I got the sand table, thanks for the suggestion. My son is able to get the kids off by him self, :( so it's going to be harder to put them in time out during morning recess. (I like being able to postpone the sand from entering my house until the afternoon, then it is only in until pick up)

I also found some bikes similar looking to once that BC pm me about. The kids were able to ride them all away around the playground vs for a little bit in a select area.

Cat Herder 08-26-2020 11:42 AM

Mine have black cords that attach to the underside of the table. A couple of the older kids figured them out but they know if they open it without permission they lose sand play for the day. likethis

284878 08-26-2020 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat Herder (Post 721045)
Mine have black cords that attach to the underside of the table. A couple of the older kids figured them out but they know if they open it without permission they lose sand play for the day. likethis

Yes the cords was a big selling point for me but my ds did not take long to figure it out. Although, the first time I opened it the plastic whacked my knuckle and I got a brusie.

I love that it only took one bag of sand to fill it.

Michael 12-15-2020 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherylly (Post 724513)
Minnie mouse roadster RC car of disney junior. Perfect remote control car for your young child. Not difficult to operate for their little hands. My daughter loves hers. We've had a chance to operate it as well and it's actually fun. It does not work on the carpet at all, but we've had lots of fun with it outside. Highly recommend it!!

Welcome to the forum! likethis


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:04 AM.