Daycare.com Forum

Daycare.com Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daycare Center and Family Home Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Maybe I Need To Increase My Rates... (https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28704)

JenNJ 03-25-2011 12:37 PM

Maybe I Need To Increase My Rates...

Just got an email from a parent that said, "Do you really only charge $175 per week? If so I would like to schedule an interview!"

I am cheaper than centers in my area but higher than all of the home daycares around here. :confused:

nannyde 03-25-2011 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by JenNJ:
Just got an email from a parent that said, "Do you really only charge $175 per week? If so I would like to schedule an interview!"

I am cheaper than centers in my area but higher than all of the home daycares around here. :confused:

:eek::eek::eek:

Write back and say "oh no that was a misprint. I charge 275 per week but I'm willing to negotiate. If 225 per week is more in your range then feel free to give us a call." :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

JenNJ 03-25-2011 12:44 PM

I'm hoping that this means that the economy is getting back on track, :lol:. It doesn't pertain bc I am full except for a W,F spot I don't want to fill (I like my lighter days, lol). Plus anyone starting off with a comment like that may not be the right fit for my group. I have all goldens right now and I want a smooth summer!

E Daycare 03-25-2011 04:41 PM

I charge $175 a week too but I mostly get people thinking Im too expensive and I know Im cheaper then the centers around here. I wish people would call me thinking my rates were cheap but in fact Im pretty sure people dont call me because they see the ads below me that offer $20.00 a day. Once they see they get what they pay for then maybe they will figure out that $175 is worth it.

Abigail 03-25-2011 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by E Daycare:
I charge $175 a week too but I mostly get people thinking Im too expensive and I know Im cheaper then the centers around here. I wish people would call me thinking my rates were cheap but in fact Im pretty sure people dont call me because they see the ads below me that offer $20.00 a day. Once they see they get what they pay for then maybe they will figure out that $175 is worth it.

Do you advertise in the newspaper?

Abigail 03-25-2011 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by JenNJ:

Did you respond? It might be spam, you never know. You could also tell her these are 2010's rates and they're increasing 10% during such and such month to give her a "warning" because then you'll enroll now and get a pay raise from this family soon. LOL

TBird 03-26-2011 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by nannyde:

Write back and say "oh no that was a misprint. I charge 275 per week but I'm willing to negotiate. If 225 per week is more in your range then feel free to give us a call." :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

OMG...TOO FUNNY!!!::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

mickey2 03-26-2011 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by nannyde:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I so wish I was witty like you Nan! I love how you think and you have such an amusingly clever way of wording things! :)

Linda Ann 03-26-2011 09:25 PM

Increasing tuition

Add PB & J TV to your facility and raise the tuition 10$ a week!! They're a webcam company but they only charged me a couple of dollars a family per week and I got to keep the rest. My parents are excited about paying more because they got the webcams in return. And they're not regular webcams cause the center 2 miles away has a system but it deosn't look the same as what i got. My parent's are totally excited plus I am making an extra $700 a month!

nannyde 03-27-2011 03:50 AM

Originally Posted by Linda Ann:
Add PB & J TV to your facility and raise the tuition 10$ a week!! They're a webcam company but they only charged me a couple of dollars a family per week and I got to keep the rest. My parents are excited about paying more because they got the webcams in return. And they're not regular webcams cause the center 2 miles away has a system but it deosn't look the same as what i got. My parent's are totally excited plus I am making an extra $700 a month!

https://www.peanutbutterandjellytv.com/

I looked at their site and I can only see they have video. There isn't audio too? Is that correct?