Daycare.com Forum

Daycare.com Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas (https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Banana Pancakes (https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87165)

midaycare 09-04-2017 02:00 PM

Banana Pancakes

If you have gross bananas sitting around, and have baking ingredients in your cupboard, make banana pancakes! I just made them and they are delicious. Breakfast for tomorrow and no waste :)

Mike 09-04-2017 02:14 PM

My brother made a bunch of banana muffins a week ago. Some of them were good. :D Most were ruined because he put peanut butter icing on them. :lol: I don't care for peanut butter. They were just fine without the frosting. :)

Josiegirl 09-04-2017 03:08 PM

Just a basic pancake recipe and smash the bananas to add? Sounds yummy. :)
I made pumpkin pancakes a couple weeks ago and they came out pretty good, except I doubled the recipe and forgot to double the pumpkin part so it was a bit lacking there. :rolleyes:

Blackcat31 09-04-2017 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Mike:
My brother made a bunch of banana muffins a week ago. Some of them were good. :D Most were ruined because he put peanut butter icing on them. :lol: I don't care for peanut butter. They were just fine without the frosting. :)

:eek::eek::eek: I couldn't live without it!

My DS doesn't care for it either.... I think he may have been switched at birth.. :lol:

midaycare 09-04-2017 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Just a basic pancake recipe and smash the bananas to add? Sounds yummy. :)
I made pumpkin pancakes a couple weeks ago and they came out pretty good, except I doubled the recipe and forgot to double the pumpkin part so it was a bit lacking there. :rolleyes:

There are so many recipes. But yes, you can just add bananas. I used tapioca flour and coconut milk instead . Still yummy!

Mike 09-04-2017 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
:eek::eek::eek: I couldn't live without it!

My DS doesn't care for it either.... I think he may have been switched at birth.. :lol:

Ya never know. :lol:

I found out something about my birth last week. My favorite foods are cheese and sugar. I was talking about that with my mother last week and she said it's probably because when she was pregnant with me, she always had a craving for cheese sandwiches and butter tarts.

midaycare 09-04-2017 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Mike:
Ya never know. :lol:

I found out something about my birth last week. My favorite foods are cheese and sugar. I was talking about that with my mother last week and she said it's probably because when she was pregnant with me, she always had a craving for cheese sandwiches and butter tarts.

I was obsessed with sugar while pregnant. My ds has a most serious sweet tooth :o

mrbrandonterry 02-03-2018 09:57 AM

May be a little late to this thread but we absolutely love banana pancakes. Our recipe is 1 bannana to 2 eggs. Mix and prepare as normal. You can add toppings to it as normal. This one does taste a lot like french toast.

alyssahenderson 04-27-2018 02:03 AM

Thanks for the idea! Would probably make some pancakes with my daughter.