Daycare.com Forum

Daycare.com Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forms - Uploads (https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Shouting Out a BIG Thanks to Goddess BlackCat! (https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89186)

Josiegirl 04-07-2018 12:16 PM

Shouting Out a BIG Thanks to Goddess BlackCat!

Just wanted to say thank you for sharing your infant tip sheet months ago. :) I just forwarded a copy to a new dcf that will be starting in Sept. I already have a good feeling about starting healthy sleep habits with THIS one and not making the same mistakes. :rolleyes: I've been emailing back and forth with mom and discussing some of the particulars on the info sheet, especially sleeping. I told her I'd like to sleep train between 4-6 months and she was right on board with that. I also reiterated the baby needs to take a bottle before starting dc and she completely agreed.
Keeping fingers crossed. :)

Blackcat31 04-09-2018 06:06 AM

That is great!! Glad it was helpful! happyface

I too, like so many others struggled with getting a new child under age 1 to become part of our daily routine. I tried to identify the issues so that I could come up with some sort of solution that worked.

I figured out that most of the issue was the parents view of child care and the providers view of child care (in regards to infants) were VERY different.

I figured if I can bridge that gap it would make the transition from home/maternity leave to daycare much smoother for everyone involved so I created the "Helpful Tips for Infants" info sheet and it's been a life saver for me since.

SUPER happy to hear it was useful for you thus far and that this next baby you get into care is a breeze for napping and awake time! happyface happyface

Jo123ABC 04-09-2018 07:24 AM

I'm super curious! Would you mind sharing with one more!? Completely okay with it if you don't want to though!

Blackcat31 04-09-2018 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by Jo123ABC:
I'm super curious! Would you mind sharing with one more!? Completely okay with it if you don't want to though!

Messaged you!:)

Jo123ABC 04-09-2018 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Messaged you!:)

Thanks so much!!

CenterTeacher20 02-26-2019 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Jo123ABC:

I would love to get in on this too!! I think this could be super helpful with my new infants starting here soon!! :D

storybookending 02-26-2019 12:12 PM

BC wondering if you would also be willing share with me. I’ll have two infants starting in the Fall and while they are both currently enrolled families I did not start one until after 6 months and one I was more of a nanny in their home before opening my child care so circumstances are different now. I was thinking about writing someone up myself either way!

sahm1225 02-26-2019 07:06 PM

Can I get it too BC?

springv 02-27-2019 07:57 AM

Can you email it to me too blackcat?

Blackcat31 02-27-2019 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by springvalley112:
Can you email it to me too blackcat?

sent... :)

Msdunny 02-28-2019 10:38 AM

Hi BC - can I get a copy also? TIA

CenterTeacher20 03-11-2019 11:17 AM

This is what I was looking for before I started my new thread! Blackcat-- Could you send me the infant tip sheet too please?!

Blackcat31 03-11-2019 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Jociheart:
This is what I was looking for before I started my new thread! Blackcat-- Could you send me the infant tip sheet too please?!

Sent :)

Core12 03-26-2019 02:31 AM

May I have one also?

Thanks!

HappyFeet 04-20-2021 06:47 PM

I would love to have some tips for infant care as well. May I please have the link or pdf of your "Helpful Tips for Infants". I would greatly appreciate any other related materials as well. Thank you so much for your great advise and input.