Daycare.com Forum

Daycare.com Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daycare Center and Family Home Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Last Day ... Bittersweet (https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57266)

Creek 12-19-2012 06:31 AM

Last Day ... Bittersweet

Today is my last day doing home daycare. I can't believe it's come so quickly. I gave notice to all my parents 7 1/2 weeks ago which as you all know is a lot of notice. I half expected them to leave asap once they got the notice and found alternate care. However, every single one of them has stayed with me until the very last day. They all lined up care for the begining of January.

I've cried twice already this morning with two mom's who came in already crying. They've been with me through older siblings and we've become very close. I am happy to be moving on, but I will really miss all my kids and families.

It's a bittersweet day.

We move on Saturday, so once all the kids are gone tonight I have a TON of packing, but now - on to a fun filled day!

Country Kids 12-19-2012 06:35 AM

Will miss you!!!! Good luck in your new adventure in life and check in once awhile with us-:Sunny:

countrymom 12-19-2012 09:06 AM

will you be reopening again.

mema 12-19-2012 09:14 AM

Have a great last day and good luck with your move, and all that packing!happyface

Creek 12-19-2012 10:11 AM

I will be in the position that I won't need to re-open. I will still have the space if I want to though, an even better space than I have right now. However, I think I will at least take a few months off and see how it is. Spend some one on one time with DD, it'll be fantastic. Hopefully we'll be able to have another child as well. We've been TTC for a while and nothing yet.

It's nap time right now. I am going to be getting everyones things ready in a few minutes. Seperated into bags... art, projects, their extra clothes, indoor slippers... *tear* ... I can't believe how heartbroken I am over them leaving. I am going to be a mess at pick up, lol.

MamaG 12-19-2012 10:20 AM

Good luck! Glad you will be doing well enough to not have to work. *~•^Babydust^•~*

Creek 12-19-2012 02:52 PM

You won't believe THIS! One of my parents forgot he was supposed to pick up today he said. No idea where the confusion came from because he picks up EVERY day. I close at 5:15pm. He strolled in the door at 5:48pm.

:mad: GET OUT! That just totally ruined my 'last day' moment. :(

cheerfuldom 12-19-2012 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Creek:
You won't believe THIS! One of my parents forgot he was supposed to pick up today he said. No idea where the confusion came from because he picks up EVERY day. I close at 5:15pm. He strolled in the door at 5:48pm.

omg. its never ending with these families. he picks up every day and suddenly forgets to on the last day of care? yeah right. he probably just figured, what the heck and went to go do some things knowing there is nothing you can do on the last day of care. oh well. time to move forward with life and leave the stress of home daycare behind!

Blackcat31 12-19-2012 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Creek:

Wow! Well, at least he was showing a good reason to be glad you don't have to deal with that kind of stuff anymore!

I hope you enjoy whatever new adventure you are planning to take! Good luck in everything you choose to do!!! :)

Creek 12-19-2012 05:28 PM

As if it couldn't get any worse!!

So I didn't charge a late fee, and DCD didn't inquire about it either (surprise) This family has paid a late fee many times as well.

Well, 20 mins after they left I get a call from DCM saying that I never gave DCD DCB's bottles. I said yes I handed the clear ziplock bag with two bottles to him so you'll have to ask him. She says, DCD said that never happened. I am making dinner at this point, home alone with DD. She is wanting me to go check outside in my lane way. It's dark and snowing. This is over the course of 3 phone calls in a 20 minute period that she keeps calling me back. She says, we've checked everywhere, in the van, bags, etc. I look everywhere. My house is pretty bare as we're moving on Saturday. DCM gets frustrated with me, and says 'this is ridiculous, DS is freaking out hungry so what am I supposed to do? Go buy more bottles? You have my bottles" YES... that's exactly it.. I stole your bottles!!!!

I tell her good luck finding the bottles, I hope she finds them but I don't have them. I get a text 5 mins later "found the bottles in the gift bag" (I gave their two kids Christmas presents - Wow Idiot I am!) NO SORRY for acting like I stole their bottles and no problem calling me three times with that bullsh*t, but once they realise they're in the wrong, just a quick text. UGH... GOOD RIDANCE!!!!!

countrymom 12-19-2012 05:40 PM

so they didn't have any spare bottles at home really sounds wierd to me. Well at least you don't have to deal with them. Acually you should have just told them off.

Creek 12-19-2012 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by countrymom:
so they didn't have any spare bottles at home really sounds wierd to me. Well at least you don't have to deal with them. Acually you should have just told them off.

Weird isn't it???
I had a glass of wine after all that was done. I am also planning on finishing off said bottle of wine this evening - on a WEDNESDAY. lol

cheerfuldom 12-19-2012 07:57 PM

ugh. that is beyond annoying. it is shocking how rude people can be. its amazing that daycare has not driven me to drink LOL