Daycare.com Forum
First ... 9 10 11 12 13 21  ... Last

Daycare.com Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daycare Center and Family Home Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Positive Thread - What Happened That was GOOD Today? (https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12375)

missnikki 11-06-2010 08:24 AM

Let's start a pool- I'm taking Sunday, November 21st.
C'mon baby boy!! You must be so excited MarinaVanessa!!!

laundrymom 11-06-2010 04:41 PM

Marina!!!!!

well,.. are you still ,.. well,.... intact? lol

MarinaVanessa 11-06-2010 10:38 PM

No baby as of yet lol. And yes ladies I know all about the "ya know .. :D;)" lol. Actually I was worried because last weekend my honey and I err ... did the no pants dance .. and thats when I lost my ... uh ... "plug". TMI?? :lol:

I was worried that I wouldn't make it this long but looks like I made it through to the training. Hooray!! It was fun and I got to network a little more and meet other providers from surrounding counties. And yes we already have the baby's name picked out. My daughter actually picked his name out before we even knew that it was going to be a boy. It will be Alfredo Vincent after his father and grandfather. Her two most favorite men.

Well ladies, I will continue to check in each day and if you don't hear from me .. more than likely I'm giving birth. Let's hope it's sooner than later. And yes Crystal I agree with you, it seems not long ago that I announced the pregnancy. Time does fly doesn't it??

MommyMuffin 11-08-2010 02:35 PM

It was a great monday! The morning started off a little rough...I guess thats how mondays go. But its half an hour until pick up time and the day seemed to fly by. I am going to an family child care association meeting after they pick up and I am excited for that. I also have another little one starting tomorrow...should be fun!!:D

sahm1225 11-08-2010 05:24 PM

parents surprise you

i have a family that I love.. and have been having a really tough time because I am going to have to raise their rates come the new year. I just cant afford not to. I have been practically sick about it. Well, today the mom calls me and tells me that she has been talking to her husband and they feel I deserve a raise, so next month they will start paying me more!! That just totally made me day :)

MarinaVanessa 11-09-2010 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by sahm1225:
today the mom calls me and tells me that she has been talking to her husband and they feel I deserve a raise, so next month they will start paying me more!! That just totally made me day :)

Ugh, lucky you! I'm so jelous!! :lol:

laundrymom 11-09-2010 09:06 AM

yippee!!! that is amazing!!

Originally Posted by sahm1225:
i have a family that I love.. and have been having a really tough time because I am going to have to raise their rates come the new year. I just cant afford not to. I have been practically sick about it. Well, today the mom calls me and tells me that she has been talking to her husband and they feel I deserve a raise, so next month they will start paying me more!! That just totally made me day :)

kidkair 11-09-2010 02:49 PM

22 month old potty training had an accident free day!

SilverSabre25 11-10-2010 08:26 AM

Day 1 of what I'm calling "the New Regime" is going pretty well. I'm watching these guys like a hawk and strongly enforcing rules on putting toys away when you're done, not putting things in your mouth, and not scattering toys to the four winds. I've taken away many of the things with lots of pieces (or many of the pieces to some things) and so far they don't seem to care much...except that I'm getting evil looks every time I get on someone's case for mouthing or scattering or not putting away. But, it's going well. Yesterday was the last straw and it took me over an HOUR to clean up the toys at the end of the day. It was hell. Today...there's barely a mess in the playroom so far.

DCMomOf3 11-10-2010 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
Day 1 of what I'm calling "the New Regime" is going pretty well. I'm watching these guys like a hawk and strongly enforcing rules on putting toys away when you're done, not putting things in your mouth, and not scattering toys to the four winds. I've taken away many of the things with lots of pieces (or many of the pieces to some things) and so far they don't seem to care much...except that I'm getting evil looks every time I get on someone's case for mouthing or scattering or not putting away. But, it's going well. Yesterday was the last straw and it took me over an HOUR to clean up the toys at the end of the day. It was hell. Today...there's barely a mess in the playroom so far.

I have been doing this too for a few weeks now. IT's amazing how different the feel is when the playroom is cleaned up vs a mess. I now only allow one thing out for each child, and if they are playing together then they share one thing. They are done? Put it away THEN you can pick something else out.

kidkair 11-10-2010 02:49 PM

Day 2 of no accidents! And she asked to go everytime! :)

sahm2three 11-11-2010 03:11 PM

Nothing positive about todays events

But today I decided to be thankful for something. I am thankful that my husband is fixed! LOL!

kidkair 11-11-2010 03:20 PM

3 days of potty training and I think she's set! I didn't prompt her at all today and still had no accidents! Now to start on the 2 1/2 yr old boy since he's been asking to learn. :) I'm guessing that in 2 months I'll have no more diapers to change! :)

SilverSabre25 11-12-2010 06:19 AM

Things that are good: got a dumpster delivered this morning so we can clear out the crap that was left behind by the old owners in our workshop out back. It's a rather large building and chock full of just...stuff...discarded building material and god only know what. We're so excited to clear out the building so we can store our own stuff in there!

I'm seriously considering moving our daycare set-up to our lower level, but it would/will require a lot of moving of furniture and stuff, so I'm not sure if we'll actually do it.

Got a new picnic table that I'm going to put in our kitchen for the kids to eat lunch and do crafts at. I'm very excited...the only problem is that it doesn't collapse as easily as the ad seemed to say it did, which might put a crimp in my plans.

Things that are not so good: 11 weeks of being unable to stand the sight or smell of peanut butter...and DH tells DD she can have a PBJ for breakfast. Then runs out the door to work so that I had to make it, and one for DCB, too. Keeping the contents of my stomach where they belong was a very difficult task.

Lilbutterflie 11-12-2010 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
Things that are not so good: 11 weeks of being unable to stand the sight or smell of peanut butter...and DH tells DD she can have a PBJ for breakfast. Then runs out the door to work so that I had to make it, and one for DCB, too. Keeping the contents of my stomach where they belong was a very difficult task.

I'm pretty sure I remembered that you're pregnant so I'm assuming that's the reason to your aversion to PB! I SOOO loved being preggo but this is the part I HATED about it! I feel for you! For me, it was jalapenos (which my husband loves and would eat all of the time while it was literally making me run to the toilet every time!). And there were certain foods I craved but everytime I would eat them it would just come right back up. UGH. I'm done having kids, but I honestly have thought about being a surrogate on several occasions. This is the reason that I have not done such as of yet.

SilverSabre25 11-12-2010 08:10 AM

Yep, the little peanut is the reason. :) You'd think DH would have figured it out by now, lol.

MarinaVanessa 11-12-2010 04:14 PM

I'm finally home ...ahhh. I had my baby boy on Wednesday at 3 a.m. and it was easier than my first. Got to the hospital at 1 a.m. already at a 6-7 and by 2:30 I was fully dialated and wanted to push. The doctor didn't even have time to come into the delivery room. My son weighed only 6lbs 4oz so all it took was 3 hard pushes (not kidding). Just getting used to sleeping in 2 hour incriments ... ZZzzzZZZZzzzz Going to take a nap now.

Lilbutterflie 11-12-2010 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
I'm finally home ...ahhh. I had my baby boy on Wednesday at 3 a.m. and it was easier than my first. Got to the hospital at 1 a.m. already at a 6-7 and by 2:30 I was fully dialated and wanted to push. The doctor didn't even have time to come into the delivery room. My son weighed only 6lbs 4oz so all it took was 3 hard pushes (not kidding). Just getting used to sleeping in 2 hour incriments ... ZZzzzZZZZzzzz Going to take a nap now.

Yay! Congrats! So glad it went smoothly for you. :)

Luna 11-12-2010 04:23 PM

Congratulations!

SilverSabre25 11-12-2010 05:16 PM

Ahhh, your story gives me HOPE for my delivery in six months! Glad to hear that all went well and mama and baby are doing well!

MarinaVanessa 11-13-2010 04:36 PM

Yes, it went very smoothly and he's a doll. It's not my first rodeo but I still have to get used to having a newborn lol. Last night the baby slept for 3 hours straight instead of only 2 and I was so grateful and excited and that was just from it happening that one time. It's funny how the little things make you happy when you're a parent (or do daycare :lol:).

laundrymom 11-15-2010 08:58 AM

positive thread post of the day,..
I had a daycare dad fall from his roof this weekend,.. Thankfully he is not paralized, and after months of healing hopefully he wil work again. They have a big 2 story farmhouse and he was cleaning gutters.

marniewon 11-16-2010 12:59 PM

One of my dcm's had a baby this afternoon :) This happens to be a family that I truly love and dcb is so laid back, I'm anxious to get this new little one here and love on him! I hope (for my sake and mom's!) that he's as laid back and fun as his older brother :)

kidkair 11-16-2010 02:08 PM

My 22 month old made a BM on the toilet! I am so proud of her as that was the only thing causing accidents last week :)

MommyMuffin 11-17-2010 11:59 AM

My newest member showed up about 1 hour ago...a 10 week old dcb!! yeah, I love babies! I also think it is going to be so awesome that I get to be apart of his life from the beginning.

MarinaVanessa 11-18-2010 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by MommyMuffin:
My newest member showed up about 1 hour ago...a 10 week old dcb!! yeah, I love babies! I also think it is going to be so awesome that I get to be apart of his life from the beginning.

I love infants! I think it's awsome to have a baby start from that small to six months because you get to watch them develop and grow :D. If I could have nothing but infants I would, I think they are so much easier than toddlers. Too bad I can only have three.

sahm2three 11-18-2010 11:42 AM

EVERYONE IS NAPPING! Yahoooooooooooooooo! :)

SilverSabre25 11-19-2010 06:30 AM

My Friday group is so easy. I love it. It's a perfect end to a long week. Of course, as I type this my DD started throwing a tantrum...but that's 3 yos for you!!

kidkair 11-19-2010 12:09 PM

I let the kids bounce off the walls for 45 minutes this morning instead of going outside because everything was covered in ice. I tossed them a bunch of pillows and blankets and took the cushions off the couch and said "Have fun!" Then I cleaned in the kitchen and just let them groove. They were great and aside from a couple times they were aware of each other and didn't run into anyone too hard or fight over anything! I love my kids! Then when I turned off the music and instructed them to return to inside voices and inside play, they quieted down just as if they had been outside and had just returned inside again :)

SilverSabre25 11-19-2010 01:45 PM

kidkair, that sounds like a ton of fun!

I got to spend a bunch of time cleaning today and got a lot done. I'm embarrassed to say that I found a few Christmas ornaments that are still out from LAST Christmas...yeah, I don't "deep" clean often enough, I think. But I got our car cleaned out, the screen door switched for the glass door, half the downstairs family room (one of our play areas) TOTALLY clean, several other surfaces cleared off...ahhh, it's so nice. Now, don't even ask me about where all that stuff went!!

DCMomOf3 11-22-2010 12:21 PM

My crew is extra great today! So nice, it's been silly and calm and relatively quiet. Now lets just hope I didn't just jinx it.

misol 11-22-2010 12:55 PM

Love Good Eaters

I just want to say that I am so pleased with the eating habits of my new dcg 15 mo. and dcg 4. They are siblings and they both eat very well. The older one eats salad and everything. She even ate cole slaw today!!!! I have never seen a kid eat cole slaw - not even my son and he eats everything!

ninosqueridos 11-22-2010 02:14 PM

I created photo books for each my daycare families - they arrived today and I'm sooooooooooooo happy with them...................they turned out BEAUTIFUL...........even better than what they looked like online...........the best part was I saved 50%. :D Now I just have to wait to give it to them. Can't wait till Christmas!!

Michael 11-22-2010 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by ninosqueridos:
I created photo books for each my daycare families - they arrived today and I'm sooooooooooooo happy with them...................they turned out BEAUTIFUL...........even better than what they looked like online...........the best part was I saved 50%. :D Now I just have to wait to give it to them. Can't wait till Christmas!!

Can you share a picture or link here?

DCMomOf3 11-22-2010 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by ninosqueridos:

Can I ask what company you used? My DH works for a company that makes them. :)

ninosqueridos 11-22-2010 02:37 PM

Michael, I'm sorry I won't be able to post them here for privacy reasons, but I created them on s h u t t e r f l y .......they have greatly improved the ease of creating and editing them...and they have MANY more options for designs and flexibility with layout than they did in the past (last one I made was 2 or 3 years ago before this set of books). :D

kidkair 11-22-2010 02:55 PM

ArtsCow is a good site for pictures and things created from pictures too.

momofsix 11-22-2010 03:08 PM

Today I had a migraine...but I only had 3 kids, so that was a huge relief!

Luna 11-22-2010 03:12 PM

One of my daycare moms brought 2 huge bags of clothes, including full snowsuits, socks, hats, pants, tshirts, sweaters etc. to keep here for all of the kids to use :D

DCMomOf3 11-22-2010 03:42 PM

Thanks, S hutter fly is not who my Dh works for.