Daycare.com Forum

Daycare.com Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daycare Center and Family Home Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Positive Thread - What Happened That was GOOD Today? (https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12375)

sharlan 09-29-2011 05:21 PM

I was chosen to go on my grandsons' fieldtrip to the LA Fair today. So many parents signed up that it looked like I wasn't going to be needed after all.

My favorite little girl's mom nor big brother showed up to go as planned. She was sooo devastated. I asked her if I could go to the fair with her. You could tell that I wasn't her first choice, but she shook her head yes.

We read a book I brought about farm animals and played "I Spy" on the bus. It was good to see her smile and be happy.

Unfortunately while we were at the fair, she got bit by a chicken. She cried and cried until I pulled a bandaid out of my purse, no more tears. Then in the restroom, one of the workers pushed open the stall door and smacked her in the head, again more tears.

On the way home, she was happy and cheerful as we took turns reading the farm book to each other and asking questions.

After I took her back to the classroom, she gave me a big hug and ran off to eat her lunch.

dave4him 10-12-2011 07:04 PM

:D
Figured out my baby boy can say cheese!
Watching my baby girl crawl around the corner and say ELMO upon hearing the Sesame Street theme song... least it sounded like Elmo

SilverSabre25 10-13-2011 01:39 PM

Long weekend FTW!!

And my 4 month old got himself up onto hands and knees a little while ago :eek: He also has between 2 and 4 teeth getting ready to pop through. Let's hope that happens SOON.

awestbrook713 10-13-2011 03:51 PM

Been feeling a little down since I wasn't getting many call backs for childcare and the ones I did I had to turn away because they had more kids then I had spots. Well one of the moms that called called me back again last night and asked if I still had the one full time position and I told her yes. She came for an interview after work today and I have a new 4 yr old dcb starting november. He seems very sweet and well behaved. Today was a good day!!!:)

dave4him 10-17-2011 07:02 PM

Got a call from the star program director and told me as soon as i get the permit, she will get me the star! So im excited now i just need to get the permit and will be ready to en ROLL

laundrymom 10-18-2011 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave4him (Post 155401)
Got a call from the star program director and told me as soon as i get the permit, she will get me the star! So im excited now i just need to get the permit and will be ready to en ROLL

Awesome!! So exciting!

Nellie 10-20-2011 06:07 AM

One of my daycare families brought me a bouquet of flowers this morning and a gift of chocolates, fancy soaps and lotions. This couldn't have been a better time because I have been feeling a bit unappreciated lately. All of my families have been there same great selves, but just feeling a little low maybe. I was told how lucky they were to have found such a great provider. Nice way to start out the morning.

SilverSabre25 10-20-2011 07:08 AM

I vented over on the venting thread. I feel better :Sunny::cool: Maybe now I can face the day (and all the stuff that needs done) with a smile on my face.

familyschoolcare 10-20-2011 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nellie (Post 156561)
One of my daycare families brought me a bouquet of flowers this morning and a gift of chocolates, fancy soaps and lotions. This couldn't have been a better time because I have been feeling a bit unappreciated lately. All of my families have been there same great selves, but just feeling a little low maybe. I was told how lucky they were to have found such a great provider. Nice way to start out the morning.

Sounds like they listened to the holy spirit. Glad you got the "pick me up" you needed.

2ndFamilyDC 10-20-2011 12:00 PM

After reading the book "The Baby Whisperer" last weekend I tried her ideas for getting a baby to sleep. I have a 3 1/2 mth old who I just could not get to nap here in the afternoon. He now goes down for a nap about 30 minutes after my other kids do and sleeps for 2 - 3 hours. YAY!!
Now I just have to work on moving his nap to be the same as my other kids.

I am happy though. :)

themoorethemerrier 10-20-2011 02:38 PM

There was alot of laughter and hugs in this house today. I was reminded that the mood for the day really is basically set on me. It seems that I have to learn that every week! :rolleyes:

Feeling blesssed! :D

SilverSabre25 10-23-2011 02:27 PM

DH GOT A JOB!!!

He got a new job, and we couldn't be happier.

He was going to be laid off in December, and finally started looking for a new job--he got a call Thursday (just 24 hours after applying at the place) and the guy on the phone was trying REALLY hard to get DH to take the job. They REALLY want him because of his experience. He went in for an interview and was hired pretty much on the spot on Friday!! The hours are a bit annoying (second shift) but he might be able to move to a "normal" shift in 6 months or so. He's making as much at the new job as he did at the old one--which is saying a LOT because he is STARTING the new job at the same amount he's making at a place after 5 YEARS.

THE BEST PART: the training for this new job starts on October 31 and is second shift also; he asked his old/current job if he can switch hours and work in the morning and they said yes! So for 7 weeks, DH will be working two jobs essentially, but getting the $$ for both of course. THEN because he'll be at the current job through the lay-off date...he'll still get the severance money!

SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!

Blackcat31 10-23-2011 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSabre25 (Post 157759)
DH GOT A JOB!!!

He was going to be laid off in December, and finally started looking for a new job--he got a call Thursday (just 24 hours after applying at the place) and the guy on the phone was trying REALLY hard to get DH to take the job. They REALLY want him because of his experience. He went in for an interview and was hired pretty much on the spot on Friday!! The hours are a bit annoying (second shift) but he might be able to move to a "normal" shift in 6 months or so. He's making as much at the new job as he did at the old one--which is saying a LOT because he is STARTING the new job at the same amount he's making at a place after 5 YEARS.

THE BEST PART: the training for this new job starts on October 31 and is second shift also; he asked his old/current job if he can switch hours and work in the morning and they said yes! So for 7 weeks, DH will be working two jobs essentially, but getting the $$ for both of course. THEN because he'll be at the current job through the lay-off date...he'll still get the severance money!

SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!

Congrats Silver! (well to you, DH and family)!! With all the tough things you have going on right now (dishwasher, basement) it is wonderful to see that little spark of hope still be there!! I am sure this is just the beginning of how things are going to work out okay for you! Glad things are looking up!! :) :Sunny:

sharlan 10-23-2011 08:05 PM

Quote:

DH GOT A JOB!!!

SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!

Fantastic news.

Make sure he doesn't "share" his good fortune with anybody. I would hate for them to figure out a way to get rid of him so they don't have to pay the severance.

laundrymom 10-24-2011 09:32 AM

That is awesome!!!!!!
I'm so happy!!!
Talk about a " silver" lining!
Quote:

DH GOT A JOB!!!

SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!

SilverSabre25 10-24-2011 03:03 PM

Thank you!!!! :Sunny::Sunny::Sunny::Sunny:

We are so thrilled; I still can hardly believe it.

Sugar Magnolia 11-14-2011 11:56 AM

Queen Of Sand!

I won 2nd place in the amatuer division of the Master's Crystal Sand Sculpting Contest!!!! WhoHoo!! And I entered as a business, so over 5000 people saw the name of my school!

Sunchimes 11-14-2011 06:13 PM

Congratulations!!! Sounds like fun!

sharlan 11-14-2011 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia (Post 165867)
I won 2nd place in the amatuer division of the Master's Crystal Sand Sculpting Contest!!!! WhoHoo!! And I entered as a business, so over 5000 people saw the name of my school!

Congratulations.

momofsix 11-15-2011 07:18 AM

My DH finished a box of oatmeal today. He filled it with newspaper and used packing tape to tape it all up and brought it down to the dc to use in our grocery store! Wasn't that sweet of him!
It's the little unexpected thoughtful things like this that make me feel loved and smile!:) (yeah, I'm a simple kind of girl-I don't need diamonds, just an empty box of oatmeal!):lol:

momofsix 11-15-2011 07:20 AM

Quote:

DH GOT A JOB!!!

SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!

So happy for you!

momofsix 11-15-2011 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia (Post 165867)

Awesome!!! What was your sculpture? Pictures???

Sugar Magnolia 11-15-2011 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momofsix (Post 166184)
Awesome!!! What was your sculpture? Pictures???

Drip castle complex (my specialty),10 towers over 4' tall, 10 towers 3' tall, all lined with spires and small towers, stairs carved. I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to do pictures here.

kayla 11-15-2011 01:10 PM

my problem child here at daycare brought a smile to my face when he told me he likes everything i make.. lol

Cat Herder 11-17-2011 04:31 AM

Today is the day I have been looking forward to for 18 months.....:Sunny:

I no longer have any child under 12 months. :ouch: (for a few months at least :p)

All PNP's leave the playroom to storage, no more formula mixing/storage, no more double menu planning/recording/logging, one daily sheet format, no updating infant feeding plans and no more double curriculum plans!!! :D:D:D

Ah, and right before the holidays. Could it have been planned better? :Sunny: I love it when things work themselves out.

SilverSabre25 11-17-2011 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catherder (Post 167251)
Today is the day I have been looking forward to for 18 months.....:Sunny:

I no longer have any child under 12 months. :ouch: (for a few months at least :p)

All PNP's leave the playroom to storage, no more formula mixing/storage, no more double menu planning/recording/logging, one daily sheet format, no updating infant feeding plans and no more double curriculum plans!!! :D:D:D

Ah, and right before the holidays. Could it have been planned better? :Sunny: I love it when things work themselves out.

aw, cat awesome! Enjoy your little break!

SilverSabre25 11-21-2011 11:28 AM

With the exception of a single filthy sock I just unearthed from underneath the dryer, there is NO laundry of ANY kind in my laundry room!!! This is an amazing accomplishment. happyfacehappyfacehappyfacehappyface

All the clean laundry is even folded and will soon be put away!!!!!!

Let's not talk about the week's worth of dirty laundry and sheets and towels that need gathered and taken downstairs. :(

So, it's a short-lived victory.

Cat Herder 11-22-2011 10:09 AM

One of my DCM's tagged me in their Christmas Card family photo (fb) as their "Guardian Angel" on the tree topper. :Sunny:

Sunchimes 11-22-2011 12:11 PM

When I got into this earlier this year, I had no idea that parents would sign contracts with home care providers-I thought that was only for centers. I had no idea that you could ask them to pay for days they weren't here!! So, not very professional, huh. :o

Luckily, it hasn't really been an issue yet. This morning, one of my mom's came to pay me. She pays every 2 weeks, one week behind, one in advance. I only had her baby 2 1/2 days last week and won't have her at all this week. I wasn't expecting but one weeks pay, since we had never discussed it. I was stunned when she paid me for this week. Yea for appreciative moms!!

AmyLeigh 11-23-2011 12:42 PM

Only one dcg here, the little one! The boys all get to spend time with their parents. Yay! And my kids went to spend some time with their grandparents. Double Yay!
It was nice getting to spend some one on one time with the dcg. I don't get to play with her without interruptions from jealous people, namely my 3 yo dd! Now it is naptime and instead of cleaning, I am going to sit down to watch something on Netflix.:p
By the way, my mood is much better today than it was yesterday. The sun is literally and figuratively out from behind the clouds.:Sunny:

SilverSabre25 11-28-2011 07:17 PM

DH is currently working 14 hrs/day, 5 days/week. I expected it to be hard, I expected to be grouchy and exhausted, I expected that I would be fighting through each day...

but I'm not.

The house is cleaner than ever. I'm happy with how things are going. The kids have adjusted and are easier than ever. I'm decluttering and cleaning and keeping things neat is almost effortless.

I made a decision the first day DH had this schedule, that I would have to change my tune and step it up in order to survive these seven weeks. We're over halfway through now and I have to say...we're more than surviving-- we're thriving.

How can I be so content and happy with DH working such long hours? How can things be so much cleaner and neater without him around all the time?

Michael 12-02-2011 03:42 PM

I've moved 31 Days of Positive to http://www.daycare.com/forum/showthr...d=1#post173084

janealb 12-05-2011 09:03 AM

I had the kids draw something for Santa and one of the 5yr-old girls drew all the things that she wants Santa to bring this year: they entailed an apron for me cause she knows I like to cook :Sunny:

laundrymom 12-05-2011 12:05 PM

Today I received the highest rating level for a family childcare in my state. I'm so excited and happy its over!!! Lol.

Sunchimes 12-05-2011 12:26 PM

Laundrymom, that's terrific!!! I'll bet it was an enormous undertaking for you. Congratulations!!

SilverSabre25 12-05-2011 12:48 PM

My daughter fell asleep (VERY rare) and my son is asleep in his bed. All the dcks are asleep. It's a rainy day, the house is peaceful and quiet, and I'm just veging on the computer. It's the little things in life. lovethis

erinalexmom 12-05-2011 12:48 PM

It was a good day overall. But I will say that today I was able to pick my son up from preschool, go to the grocery store for a couple things I needed for supper and cook my supper. All while "on the clock" not too many jobs where you can do your personal errands on company time ;)

lisa@tinytots 12-06-2011 10:12 AM

Good news

Today I found out the most difficult DCB I have is going down to 1 day per week instead of 2. I know this sounds mean but I am so glad cause he is sooooo hard!

Cat Herder 12-06-2011 11:34 AM

One of my DCM's put me on a local prayer list, "Giving Thanks" it was called. It seems it was meant for those who "Are not Thanked enough for their invaluable contributions to the community."

I received several Thank You cards in the mail to my P.O. box from local residents telling me how much they appreciated everything I do for our community. My postwoman brought them to my house anyway...:p

How sweet was that? lovethis My mascara is on my chin, now....:rolleyes:

I may have to pay this one forward and have the kids make some Christmas cards to send out to seniors in the community, too....

Sunchimes 12-06-2011 12:09 PM

That's one of the nicest things I've heard in a long time. I want to live where you live! Sounds like a lot of really nice people.