Daycare.com Forum

Daycare.com Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daycare Center and Family Home Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Positive Thread - What Happened That was GOOD Today? (https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12375)

AfterSchoolMom 03-10-2010 05:29 AM

The Positive Thread - What Happened That was GOOD Today?
 
I love the venting thread here, but thought that it would be appropriate to post a thread for the good things that happen during our days as well. Sometimes it may be a small thing that made you smile, but the little things can really make a difference in the course of a day. For instance - for the last two days it has been in the mid 60's here for the first time since September. The ground has been dry enough to actually go outside, so I've spent the last two afternoons outside in the sun with my after schoolers. They are really responding positively to the warm weather and the opportunity to play outside, so... so far this has been a fantastic week! :)

TGT09 03-10-2010 05:36 AM

I have a similar "good" moment. On Monday, I only had 2 kids (siblings) and it was 60 here so I took them to the park for lunch and then to play! It was gorgeous and I can't wait to do it again!

momofboys 03-10-2010 05:37 AM

Here too! We had nice weather & went outside to run around & blow bubbles! It lifted my spirits & the kids' too!!!:)

DBug 03-10-2010 07:12 AM

I emailed one of my moms a picture of her little one painting. It must have made her day, because she emailed back just gushing about what a wonderful provider I am -- totally made my day in return :D

kitkat 03-10-2010 08:23 AM

Dcg has dried her hands 2 days in a row (I posted about her before)! We went for a walk this morning and same dcg didn't whine!

laundryduchess@yahoo.com 03-10-2010 08:29 AM

this is a great idea,.. a daily brag!

mine today is,....daycare girl told mom last night that her tooth hurt,... today at lunch she told me,.. same side, same tooth,.. I texted mom,... she called back within 10 minutes, and not 15 min later grandma picked up girl and is at the dentist! how awesome is that?

tenderhearts 03-10-2010 08:57 AM

For me it has been just a great week with the kids, all of them have been in a great mood and have been getting along pretty well, thanks kids!!!:) I love weeks like this.

momma2girls 03-10-2010 09:10 AM

The weather here in Iowa is getting to be Spring like, snow melting, etc. and I have a nice, small, great parents, great kids group now!!!

Daycare Mommy 03-10-2010 09:55 AM

Lots to be thankful for here, but the hands down best today is this WONDERFUL weather. For the second day in a row that we have spent all but lunch and nap outside playing playing playing. :D

Former Teacher 03-10-2010 02:57 PM

Yippy! Someone finally made a thread about the GOOD things in this crazy world!

Well my good thing happened yesterday. My husband and I have been looking to adopt a baby. We finally got a lead the other day. Nothing is set in stone and we are not getting our hopes up etc but it still is a good feeling.

Anyway I mentioned this to my boss the other day. She told me she had to talk to the husband because she didn't know about my bringing the baby to work with me. She had always envisioned only her children with the nanny (me). I told her to get back to me ASAP so I can make arrangements. I didn't know what since my DH works nights and I work days.

Yesterday she came to me and said they had talked about it and it boils down to the fact that they don't want to lose me so when the time comes we are all going to sit and talk. It made my day!

P.S. I don't think they fully realize (even though I already told them) that I have taken care of up to 5 babies all at once. My guess is that they dont want their kids to go unnoticed. As if! :lol:

Anyway that made my day!

laundryduchess@yahoo.com 03-10-2010 05:30 PM

great news teacher!!!!!!!

momma2girls 03-10-2010 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Former Teacher (Post 22339)
Yippy! Someone finally made a thread about the GOOD things in this crazy world!

Well my good thing happened yesterday. My husband and I have been looking to adopt a baby. We finally got a lead the other day. Nothing is set in stone and we are not getting our hopes up etc but it still is a good feeling.

Anyway I mentioned this to my boss the other day. She told me she had to talk to the husband because she didn't know about my bringing the baby to work with me. She had always envisioned only her children with the nanny (me). I told her to get back to me ASAP so I can make arrangements. I didn't know what since my DH works nights and I work days.

Yesterday she came to me and said they had talked about it and it boils down to the fact that they don't want to lose me so when the time comes we are all going to sit and talk. It made my day!

P.S. I don't think they fully realize (even though I already told them) that I have taken care of up to 5 babies all at once. My guess is that they dont want their kids to go unnoticed. As if! :lol:

Anyway that made my day!

AWESOME!!!! I wish so badly I could have more children!! My baby is growing up!!!

AfterSchoolMom 03-11-2010 05:17 AM

Congrats, Former Teacher! That is great news. :)

MrsCoffee 03-11-2010 07:13 AM

Mom says DCB just loves it here!
 
After 2 days off dcb arrived to day and literally ran to the door, didn't care to say bye to mom just started playing and dancing around. Mom said "I don't know if it's the kids or what but he just loves it here" I said "I hope it's a combo of me and the kids:) )

She said yes but that makes her feel maybe I am a better mom that her:(, I said defiantly not! No one replaces Mommas.;)

I am glad that dcb feels at home here, made my day!:lol:

mac60 03-11-2010 08:29 AM

Great news Former Teacher,,,,praying all goes well for you and hubby.

mamajennleigh 03-11-2010 08:56 AM

The Weather, The Laughter. . .
 
The past few days I have been dealing with one baby who will not stop crying all day. Today, I called his mom to come and get him and she was so sweet about it. I love moms who just want what's best for their kids, even if that means their day gets inconvenienced :D

laundryduchess@yahoo.com 03-11-2010 10:28 AM

surprised ltittle kiddies
 
normally I swap toys out on a weekend and they come in to new toys,.. we have had an exceptionally hard week. So,..... today when they went down I took the toy bucket to the basement, dumped it completely and filed it with toys from 8-9 years ago. (yes I have that many toys, lol) NOTHING they will see when they wake are toys they have ever played with before. I would almost go as far as to say,.. they have never SEEN most of them before. They are going to be so excited!

momofboys 03-11-2010 02:36 PM

Yesterday my parent was running quite late (20 min or so), she did feel bad for being so late. Today she came 50 min early! Yay!!!!! She had the day off to run errands/dr appts so she made the extra effort to be early. :D

TGT09 03-12-2010 05:46 AM

HAPPY FRIDAY! I'm having a weekend vacay and bought a new camera with tax money! It's a gooood day! Hope you all have a great weekend!!

mac60 03-12-2010 06:50 AM

it is friday and that is GOOD!:lol: I am full and that is GOOD! My son is coming home in about 10 days and that is GOOD! It has been in the 50's all week. YEA! My daffodils are up about 6 inches, not so good as they will end up getting frosted off. :(

newtoeverything 03-12-2010 07:45 AM

I was feeling really sick this morning and my 5 month old baby's mom called and said she was keeping him today!! Makes for an easier day for me...lol. And my 17 month old's daddy said he was picking him up early. YAY!

melissa ann 03-12-2010 07:59 AM

no daycare kids today!

misol 03-12-2010 01:59 PM

Gift!
 
One of my moms brought me a thank you card and a box of chocolates today! She said that dcb (2yrs) loves it at my house and she loves what I am doing with him. I was so surprised and it's nice to feel appreciated. :)

momma2girls 03-12-2010 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misol (Post 22559)
One of my moms brought me a thank you card and a box of chocolates today! She said that dcb (2yrs) loves it at my house and she loves what I am doing with him. I was so surprised and it's nice to feel appreciated. :)

That is so great!!! I love it!!

tymaboy 03-12-2010 02:21 PM

Had an awesome day with DCB today. Went bowling then to the mall to play. He was so tired that when mom came to pick up he still wanted to sleep.

Crystal 03-12-2010 02:32 PM

I started a fundraiser on Tuesday, selling candy bars. We are raising funds for new playground equipment. ALL of my families took boxes of candy to sell, without me asking them to do so. THEN, most of them have already asked for another box because they already sold most of them. I went and bought a new swingset last night, and there will be additional $ for other equipment as well! MY families ROCK!

Carole's Daycare 03-15-2010 02:01 PM

I'm so proud of my newest 2 little DCG's. The sisters have been bounced around in foster care etc. Dad has them now w/ new young GF. Anyway she was getting frustrated, especially at 3 yr old not being potty trained. Usually I let the family take the lead on this one, but... I decide to come up w/ a plan w/ the little girls- a chart and special reward, to make it all week at my house and at home except bed w/ no potty accidents- and they did it! Family is happy too. They came back after the weekend having had a couple problems at hm :( but were great all day here. (pretty good for a monday- even better for spring break w/ extra school agers here etc.)

laundryduchess@yahoo.com 03-23-2010 08:49 AM

someone post some positives please,... going through some hard times here and need some good news. one of my best friends in the world's daughters is literally fighting for her life in the picu. she is 8. Leukemia sucks.

momma2girls 03-23-2010 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laundryduchess@yahoo.com (Post 23428)
someone post some positives please,... going through some hard times here and need some good news. one of my best friends in the world's daughters is literally fighting for her life in the picu. she is 8. Leukemia sucks.

How very very sad!!! I will pray for you and her family.

momofsix 03-23-2010 10:55 AM

Laundry,praying right now. (hugs)

momofboys 03-23-2010 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laundryduchess@yahoo.com (Post 23428)
someone post some positives please,... going through some hard times here and need some good news. one of my best friends in the world's daughters is literally fighting for her life in the picu. she is 8. Leukemia sucks.

Praying for your friend's daughter right now. I'm so sorry.

jen 03-23-2010 11:49 AM

Yes it does (suck)...I am praying your friend, her child, and of course, you too!

AfterSchoolMom 03-23-2010 01:12 PM

Oh, how awful. I'm so sorry. Sending prayers your way.

Former Teacher 03-23-2010 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laundryduchess@yahoo.com (Post 23428)
someone post some positives please,... going through some hard times here and need some good news. one of my best friends in the world's daughters is literally fighting for her life in the picu. she is 8. Leukemia sucks.

Praying for your friend laundry!

I have some good news :) This week is my paid vacation and I am loving it! :lol:

misol 03-24-2010 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Former Teacher (Post 23473)
Praying for your friend laundry!

I have some good news :) This week is my paid vacation and I am loving it! :lol:



Yayyyyy! Enjoy every moment of it. I am sure you deserve it. I wish I had the balls to require paid vacation. I think I might try it after I've been in the business for a while.

Sorry to hear about your friend laundyduchess. Your families are in our prayers.

Former Teacher 03-24-2010 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misol (Post 23541)
Yayyyyy! Enjoy every moment of it. I am sure you deserve it. I wish I had the balls to require paid vacation.

I truly have been blessed to work for this family. I have only been there since July 09 and I have had 6 yes 6 weeks PAID vacation.

Aug 09-Mom's grandmother passed away. 1 week
Oct 09-Family vacation. 2 weeks
Dec 09- Family vacation 2 weeks
Feb 10 - Family vacation 1 week

Plus I will be getting another week in Aug again :lol:

The only thing that worked in my favor is that their previous nannies took really big advantage over them. They never did any work and really didn't pay attention to the little boy.

Bad thing about this job is its not a guarantee for me. Well it is for 3 years. Father is a doctor in the military so he will probably transfer. However when I was hired I was told that I would be there for at least the 3 years.

Needless to say, I have been very spoiled! But hey I think I deserve it after what I went through at my former center! :lol:

momma2girls 03-24-2010 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Former Teacher (Post 23566)
I truly have been blessed to work for this family. I have only been there since July 09 and I have had 6 yes 6 weeks PAID vacation.

Aug 09-Mom's grandmother passed away. 1 week
Oct 09-Family vacation. 2 weeks
Dec 09- Family vacation 2 weeks
Feb 10 - Family vacation 1 week

Plus I will be getting another week in Aug again :lol:

The only thing that worked in my favor is that their previous nannies took really big advantage over them. They never did any work and really didn't pay attention to the little boy.

Bad thing about this job is its not a guarantee for me. Well it is for 3 years. Father is a doctor in the military so he will probably transfer. However when I was hired I was told that I would be there for at least the 3 years.

Needless to say, I have been very spoiled! But hey I think I deserve it after what I went through at my former center! :lol:

WOw!! Great for you and we do deserve it!!

newtoeverything 03-25-2010 07:09 AM

My husband watch the kids for me yesterday so I could take a shower...HOW NICE!

laundryduchess@yahoo.com 03-25-2010 11:49 AM

My good news is that I am planning a trip sat morning up to kalamazoo to visit my friend and her daughter who is sick. Its been almost 20 years since Ive stayed in a hotel heaven help me. lol.

boysx5 03-26-2010 01:14 PM

I had an easy day today one less child one left after lunch and all in all the kids were all really good only another hour and half and the day is done and also it's Friday who could asked for anything more


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:49 PM.