Daycare.com Forum

Daycare.com Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daycare Center and Family Home Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How To Get First Clients To Assign To A New Daycare ? (https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71750)

Vici.d 06-14-2014 10:17 PM

How To Get First Clients To Assign To A New Daycare ?

Hi guys ,

Really need your advise on getting the first clients to a newly opened daycare. Probably I am not the only person having problems with that , and I would like to know how you guys have done it.
I ve started a new daycare , its opened a few months and I have issues to get clients.
1.They come , they like the place (obviously everything new and plenty of toys ) they like the location (easy to get by public transport and close to centre) , prices are approx the same as all other daycares in this area have (some DC have the same prices , some are more expensive).
2.But when they see its totally new and there no kids assigned yet , they say that they want their kid to socialize and that they would better wait until we have some kids assigned .

Even though I m always there with my daughter , who is 2,5 years and I always say that kid who will assign first will have anyway partner for play as my girl is there with me. But they want to see at least a few (4-6 kids ) already assigned .

So , how can I sort it out ? Its already for a few months !
I have a good web page , started to promote it - to keep it on the first line in the search system in local ( I live in Cz Republic ) search web and also trying to figure out to make the same in local google.cz , before I was also putting flyers to all cafes with kids corner , indoor playgrounds , kids gym . Promoting my Facebook account, have more then 400 likes for now.
On Xmas (I ve just had finished all constriction works and decoration ) I have made like combination OPEN DOOR day and Xmas event - put xmas tree , invited Santa who was very nice and was reading books to kids , made some activities for kids - xmas art&craft and cookies decoration. Invited kids book fair - so parents could choose nice books for their kids.
But that was it , parents were all saying that its a very nice place , very safe for kids , lots of appropriate toys , good location - but they would wait till I get kids assigned !

They also want to see the teachers , for now I am the only teacher there and of course I will take some teacher / student of pedagogical faculty to work with me after a have at least 2 -3 kids assigned. But how can I hire now smbd when I do not have kids there ! ?

But somebody has to be the first to assign ! So how can I do it ?

thanks a lot guys !
looking forward to hear from you :hug:

Michael 06-15-2014 01:13 AM

From Prague. Wow, we are getting quite worldly here. How did you find Daycare.com? and welcome!

What is the address for you daycare website? We are busier on the forum during the week.

Sugar Magnolia 06-15-2014 05:38 AM

Hello and Welcome!
This is a tough issue. We experienced this during the first few interviews we had when our center was brand new. We also had our son (who was 2 at the time) always there. It took about 10 interviews for someone to finally be the first to sign up. Once we had two children in care, more came soon......slowly. After a month, we had 3 clients and our son enrolled. Then it all started rolling well! The parents of that very first little girl........their family is still with us and we take care of their youngest daughter now.

Try banners. Try discounts or "special offers" like "no registration fees for the first ten clients" or half price for the first week. Or maybe a referral program?

I wish you luck, and keep trying! It will happen eventually.

MarinaVanessa 06-15-2014 07:59 AM

I'm not a center and this is probably easier for me to do as a home daycare than a center but I borrowed friends and family's children and offered them free childcare a couple of days a week and for when I had interviews.

That first client is always the hardest to get and parents are hesitant to be the first clients. When I had my friends and family's kids in my daycare during the interviews (2 at a time plus my own DD) they were more interested in signing up and I got 2 clients in within the first 2 weeks of doing that.

Can you try that? Or try offering the first week free and even if those people don't sign up you can call previous people and set up new interviews and when they see the other children then perhaps they'll be more excited to sign up. Good luck!