Forum Forum (
-   Daycare Center and Family Home Forum (
-   -   Infant Sleeping Requirements for California Daycare (

Pumpkin Patch 01-30-2008 04:13 PM

Infant Sleeping Requirements for California Daycare
I was on the website for community care licensing trying to find out the regulations for an infant (18 mo old) at naptime... is a playpen adequate for sleeping or is a crib required? Can you please direct me to find this answer if you do not know.

Michael 01-30-2008 04:14 PM

Is Playpen Adequate for Sleeping in California Daycare
It would appear that cribs are required.

(a) In addition to Section 101239.1, the following shall apply:
(b) A standard size six-year crib or porta-crib meeting the following requirements shall be provided for
each infant who is unable to climb out of a crib:
(1) Stacking wall cribs or cribs stacked one on top of another, often referred to as tiered cribs, shall
not be permitted.
(2) Cribs shall not limit the ability of staff to see the infant.
(3) Cribs shall not limit the infant's ability to stand upright.
(4) Crib mattresses shall be:
(A) Covered with vinyl or similar moisture-resistant material.
(B) Wiped with a detergent/disinfectant daily and when soiled or wet.
(C) Maintained in a safe condition with no exposed foam, batting or coils.
(5) Cribs equipped with bumper pads shall be covered with vinyl or similar moisture-resistant
material. Each crib shall have a sheet to cover the mattress and, depending on the temperature, a
sheet and/or blanket to cover the infant.
(A) If bumper pads are used, they shall be installed around the entire inner portion of the crib
and tied or snapped into place in at least six places.
(B) The mattress shall be set at its lowest position and the side rail shall be locked in its
highest position.
(C) Cribs shall have spaces between crib slats of no more than 2 3/8 inches.

Unregistered 02-10-2008 09:11 AM

Back Ground Checks
Hi, I came across this site, I am trying to find a site that I am able to do a background check on my sons child care center and centers I am looking to put my infant in. If anyone could help me I would greatly appreicate it.

Unregistered 02-10-2008 10:18 AM

Daycare Background Check
You need to contact your state's licensing agency directly. Look for the number here:

Unregistered 02-12-2008 02:45 PM

4 c's back round check
4 'c's should be able to help find back round checks or they have a list on some others and individuals. they provide some services that can help.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:24 PM.