Daycare.com Forum

Daycare.com Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daycare Center and Family Home Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What Would You Have Done? (https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37023)

KEG123 11-12-2011 10:00 AM

What Would You Have Done?

I definitely feel I did the right thing, but I want to know what you would have done...

Friday morning I was awake at about 5:30 with the baby. Daycare mom sent a text at maybe 5:45 saying that her hubby was in the ER about to go into surgery for a ruptured appendix. So that meant daycare boy would be staying with his grandmother. She then asks if they can pay Monday. Now I will say that they *ALWAYS* paid on time, very great people in general. Plus, they live in the next city over, and the reason they bring dcb to me because it's on the way to dad's work. So of course I said it was fine.

So would you have done the same? Or would you have made mom come over to pay? (I always have parents pay on Friday for the upcoming week's care)

Sprouts 11-12-2011 10:13 AM

Def. let them pay monday, ruptured appendix is serious and the fact she even called meant she was thinking about u. I would let this slide, shows you care.

e.j. 11-12-2011 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by KEG123:
So would you have done the same?

Absolutely! Under the circumstances, I would say it was the right thing to do.

Lucy 11-12-2011 10:22 AM

I don't even think there's a question on this one! To even think to call you when her husband is about to have emergency surgery really shows she was being considerate. Then for her to bring up the money, well that wraps it up for me. I wouldn't think twice about allowing this. As I said, I really don't see that this is even a question.

KEG123 11-12-2011 10:26 AM

Like I said, I know I did the right thing. But I've read so many posts about fees for being late, etc etc I just wondered how you all felt.

mommiesherie 11-12-2011 10:52 AM

I have a family with 2 children. The baby was sick thursday so they did not come. Mom text me and said grandma was keeping them and she would bring a check by fri or sat. She always pays on thurs because its the last day of week they come. I told her to just wait until monday to bring it when she brought kids. I think you sure did right thing. I feel a little kindness goes a long way. Especially if they are good paying parents.

Blackcat31 11-12-2011 02:16 PM

A families past track record is like their "credit report" for me...kwim? If they have been great normally then absolutely I would give them a break!

Stuff happens and it helps that they have always been great payers before because this is the time when providers can make those calls. This is the type of situation where because we are self employed, we have the authority to cut someone a break because we can. ;)

Former Teacher 11-12-2011 02:35 PM

You did the absolutely right thing!

Even if they weren't "worthy" of such generosity, I would have done the same thing. Worst thing that would have happened is that on Monday, no pay no play.

Great job!