Daycare.com Forum

Daycare.com Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parents and Guardians Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Just Curious... (https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27146)

jen 02-23-2011 10:14 AM

Just Curious...

How many on here are parents as opposed to providers?

daycare 02-23-2011 10:23 AM

im both....lol sorry I know that's not what you were looking for.....

lil angels 02-23-2011 10:52 AM

I have been a provider for 11 yrs and a parent for 8.

DCMomOf3 02-23-2011 10:55 AM

I am both. Started as a working mom with my son in a center, then became a stay-at-home mom then started my home daycare.

blueclouds29 02-23-2011 11:04 AM

i am both also

jen 02-23-2011 11:52 AM

Hmmmm...No parents at all?

You know what I mean, guys! Parents as in NOT providers!

Michelle 02-23-2011 01:21 PM

I think I know what she's getting at:
yea I really think parents should have their own forum like we do, I have never seen posts from parents in the provider forum. (but I'm fairly new)
I read the parents forum because I want to know what parents think about the issues, but I never post except one time when I was posting just as a parent.

jen 02-24-2011 06:13 AM

I know we all theorize on WHY parent do or more often, fail to do, certain things with their kids. I was hoping there were some parents here who might enlighten me...

Cat Herder 02-24-2011 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by jen:
I know we all theorize on WHY parent do or more often, fail to do, certain things with their kids. I was hoping there were some parents here who might enlighten me...

Check out Cafemom..... :ouch:

I am HORRIFIED often.... type the words "Marijuana", "me time" or "babysitter attitude" in the search box for a real eye opener....:eek:

nikia 02-24-2011 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by Catherder:
Check out Cafemom..... :ouch:

I am HORRIFIED often.... type the words "Marijuana", "me time" or "babysitter attitude" in the search box for a real eye opener....:eek:

I am going to have to check that out :) Maybe we should all banned together and talk up our wonderful daycare providers :lol:

Although after seeing some of the parents facebook pages talking about making marijuana legal Im not surprised by what is out there. And not legal for medical purposes :rolleyes:

Cat Herder 02-24-2011 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by nikia:
I am going to have to check that out :) Maybe we should all banned together and talk up our wonderful daycare providers :lol:

Although after seeing some of the parents facebook pages talking about making marijuana legal Im not surprised by what is out there. And not legal for medical purposes :rolleyes:

:lol::lol: Nah, "Mary-Jane Me Time" makes them better mothers, didn't you know....:ouch:

jen 02-24-2011 07:11 AM

Agh, I think I'll check it out on a day when I'm not totally irritated people in general. I don't understand why people are failing to teach their children basic manners, why they come in in the morning asking ME to discipline a child that behaved poorly on their time. I just don't get it...