Daycare.com Forum

Daycare.com Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daycare Center and Family Home Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Stress! Heart Palpitations - Put On Heart Monitor (https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79002)

Unregistered 09-01-2015 01:47 PM

Stress! Heart Palpitations - Put On Heart Monitor

Hello everyone, I'm a member but logged out for privacy.

Anyway, last week and this week (and especially yesterday) so far has been very stressful for me. I have been having heart palpitations for years...they tend to come and go. I could literally go two months or more without a single issue but this past week they have been occurring more often and more frequently. Yesterday they were the worse and then today, I woke up and nearly fell down the stairs because they were so strong and they just kept coming. Usually if I sit down to rest a bit and drink some water they go away. I decided it was time to go to the ER and had a friend drive me......I am going to have to wear a personal heart monitor to help them decide what is going on. I'm worried that the kids will try to push the buttons on it, etc. while they are here. I have a just over 1yr old who is really bad about messing with interesting looking things. I don't have the monitor yet so I don't know how big it is or if I can even wear it under my clothes.

I think the thing I'm most worried about is that the Dr. said that stress can bring the palpitations on and he want's me to try and avoid that as much as possible before I can get the monitor and before they can try to see whats going on inside. Honestly....my DCKs stress the $hit outta me! I have two in particular that I've gotten to the point that I just can't do it anymore and I feel awful.....I wanted to FIND a reason to get rid of them beyond "we're not getting along here"....I feel like I've cursed myself.... I feel I have to cut these kids now or my stress is just going to continue to get worse.

I'm not sure how I should write the letter, I have in my contact I give a 2 week notice but I will have the monitor before that time (I get it on the 8th next week) and I really don't want to give 2 weeks...I don't want to risk any other complications.

childcaremom 09-01-2015 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Unregistered:

Anyway, last week and this week (and especially yesterday) so far has been very stressful for me. I have been having heart palpitations for years...they tend to come and go. I could literally go two months or more without a single issue but this past week they have been occurring more often and more frequently. Yesterday they were the worse and then today, I woke up and nearly fell down the stairs because they were so strong and they just kept coming. Usually if I sit down to rest a bit and drink some water they go away. I decided it was time to go to the ER and had a friend drive me......I am going to have to wear a personal heart monitor to help them decide what is going on. I'm worried that the kids will try to push the buttons on it, etc. while they are here. I have a just over 1yr old who is really bad about messing with interesting looking things. I don't have the monitor yet so I don't know how big it is or if I can even wear it under my clothes.

I think the thing I'm most worried about is that the Dr. said that stress can bring the palpitations on and he want's me to try and avoid that as much as possible before I can get the monitor and before they can try to see whats going on inside. Honestly....my DCKs stress the $hit outta me! I have two in particular that I've gotten to the point that I just can't do it anymore and I feel awful.....I wanted to FIND a reason to get rid of them beyond "we're not getting along here"....I feel like I've cursed myself.... I feel I have to cut these kids now or my stress is just going to continue to get worse.

I'm not sure how I should write the letter, I have in my contact I give a 2 week notice but I will have the monitor before that time (I get it on the 8th next week) and I really don't want to give 2 weeks...I don't want to risk any other complications.

:hug:

Close down effective immediately. Your health and well being is worth it :)

Your dcps will either understand or they won't but let that go.

Blackcat31 09-01-2015 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Unregistered:

First off, I am sorry you are having to deal with this.

Secondly your health NEEDS to come first before worrying about how you term someone. IF you recognize the fact that a certain couple of kids cause you stress, then they need to go.

I would simply state medical or personal reasons and leave it at that. Any details are no one's business.

I would say something like

Dear DCF

Unfortunately due to medical/personal reasons, I am giving written notice of termination. Due to the seriousness of this situation I am unable to give a full two weeks notice and will not be able to provide care after September X 2015.

Please understand this situation is beyond my control and not something I can be flexible about. Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Sincerely

Daycare Provider

Miss A 09-01-2015 04:20 PM

I too was put on a heart monitor, and I may be able to ease your mind a bit, or at least try!

My machine was smaller than my cell phone, and was ticked in my bra at all times. As I was just on it for a weekend, I could not shower, as the patches would wash off and I was only supplied one set. But, you may be on o e for upwards of a month, and in that case you will be able to take it off to shower, or as needed.

I hated mine at first, but you become used to having it attached, and soon do not notice :)

As for your daycare situation, YOU come first! Your DCF will understand that you have given so much to them, you deserve the time off. If not, then they are not there for the right reasons, and do not care for you the way that they should.

hope 09-01-2015 05:02 PM

I'm sorry you are going through this and you should put your health first
Maybe term those you want to get rid of and take a leave for the others. You never know, some may come back. The most important thing is that you are healthy.
As for the heart monitor, I have been on one for an extended amount of time. Its really easy and not a big deal. It just gets some getting used to.
You should really look into relaxing. Get yourself some books and movies and rest up in bed. The doctors may give you meds but they can only do so much. Ease your stress at home and deal only with what you can.

Unregistered 09-02-2015 02:53 PM

Thank you everyone, I decided to do just what you suggested and have taken a few days off to recover. I had kids today because I didn't want to short notice them with the long weekend ahead already. But next week will be the last week for the two that stress me out the most. I just cannot deal with their craziness and have put up with enough from them (and their families) for way too long. I have decided to keep the other two since one of them is very mild natured, a real sweetie! And the other is only here four days a week (so I'll only have one on Fridays).

What they are most worried about is that my mother and one of my cousins were both diagnosed many many years ago with Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome and they ended up having surgery for it because nothing they did would help. It's not fatal in and of itself but it's still scary as heck and after falling and hurting myself from the dizziness that happens after an 'attack' I just couldn't put off seeing a doctor any longer.

I'm going to kick back and catch up on some 'Hot in Cleveland'! LOVE that show, and can't wait for the next season of Jane the Virgin! :)

Laurel 09-03-2015 03:58 AM

I have had palpitations but not as severe as yours. I wore a holter monitor while I was doing daycare. I just wore a big baggy long shirt. No one knew I had it on. You can goggle it and see what it looks like. As I recall it was only a day or two that I wore it but I forget. Now the palpitations are controlled by medicine. No biggie really although it is stressful just to have the palpitations. It will be okay. :)

The doctor told me no caffeine or chocolate. You might want to not have those until you find out more. Don't worry you can have other sweets. :lol:

Also, get enough sleep. I find being over tired and over stressed can bring them on. Not so much anymore but without meds.

Laurel

Ariana 09-03-2015 12:57 PM

I get them too and what brings them on for me is:
Empty stomach, so not eating enough during the day
eating too much when I do finally eat
MSG and sodium filled meals (This is a big one for me so I avoid as much as I can)

Other causes which are not reasons for me are:
thyroid issues
stress

I hope you figure it out!

Unregistered 09-03-2015 04:42 PM

Thank you everyone, yes they did tell me to cut out all caffeine for now and yes, no chocolates! That will be the hardest one for me! I've been kicking back with a good book and catching up on my shows. They called to let me know that the monitor is already good to go and so I'm picking it up tomorrow so I will have it over the weekend instead.

Even though I'm glad to cut the two DCKs, I'm still sad to see them go since I've had them a while...strange how we do that to ourselves right?