Daycare.com Forum

Daycare.com Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/index.php)
-   New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum! (https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   How Do You Use/Search The Daycare.com Forum? (https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24366)

Michael 12-14-2010 02:13 PM

How Do You Use/Search The Daycare.com Forum?

I have a question. How does everyone search this forum? Do you go to the Main Category area, use the "New Posts" link or use the "Search" link? I use the New Posts link. I will put up a poll if everyone would help answer. BTW, you can choose multiple answers in the poll.

Blackcat31 12-14-2010 02:15 PM

I use new posts button 99% of the time but if I am looking for a specific subject to see if there were previous threads about it or to find an old thread then I use the search button.

Abigail 12-14-2010 02:32 PM

I must be out of the loop. Where is this New Post option? Ha ha, I only click into the forum and if their is a paper sticking out the folder it's "suppose" to be unread by me and I read it. I use the Search function when I am looking for a specific keyword. OH, I just noticed the New Posts next to Search, ha ha, I will have to go see what it does.

DCMomOf3 12-14-2010 02:49 PM

I prefer to see all the posts, new or not and pay more attention to the bolding of posts with new responses or just new. I will use the search if I am looking for something specific.

Michael 12-14-2010 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Abigail:
I must be out of the loop. Where is this New Post option? Ha ha, I only click into the forum and if their is a paper sticking out the folder it's "suppose" to be unread by me and I read it. I use the Search function when I am looking for a specific keyword. OH, I just noticed the New Posts next to Search, ha ha, I will have to go see what it does.

Abigail, :lol: it is in that darker blue bar near the top of the page. I can view the newest posts and they are also in bold.

Former Teacher 12-14-2010 04:40 PM

I personally go to the main page and click on the new posts. I very rarely look on the search feature unless there is something specific I am looking for.

AfterSchoolMom 12-15-2010 03:57 AM

I use New Posts as well. The search feature isn't my friend - it never works right for me. I must be doing something wrong. :o

DancingQueen 12-15-2010 04:19 AM

I go to the main so that I can see all posts but I look for that little thing that says something new has been added since I was there last.. but I have to tell you it is not always acurate. If I go 2 days without coming - there are posts that are not bolded that I have not seen the new responses to.

momofsix 12-15-2010 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by Abigail:

Me too! Oh I feel so silly:lol: Thanks Michael for pointing out the easy way to do things!

laundrymom 12-15-2010 08:40 AM

I go to main page and look for the bolded threads, I right click on the little blue button on the left side that opens the new thread responses in a new window,... then I cruise thru the windows thru the day.

Michael 12-15-2010 10:27 AM

Thanks all. This has been very helpful.

Michael

DCMomOf3 12-15-2010 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by DancingQueen:
If I go 2 days without coming - there are posts that are not bolded that I have not seen the new responses to.

This happens to me too. Or if I manually refresh my page it will sometimes reset so they all look like they have been read even if they haven't.