Daycare.com Forum

Daycare.com Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daycare Center and Family Home Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   You Know You're Ready For The Weekend When... (https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29647)

jenh171 04-15-2011 09:48 AM

You Know You're Ready For The Weekend When...

you start putting the child care supplies away at 1pm! :lol:

JenNJ 04-15-2011 10:08 AM

Lol! I have a VERY light day today so it is DRAGGING. I am so bored and just want to take my kids out for pizza!!!

DancingQueen 04-15-2011 10:12 AM

btdt
I call it getting "family ready"
because I spend Sunday evening getting "daycare ready"

I just sent home boots and snowpants that have been here all winter and I feel lighter!

tulip1969 04-15-2011 10:14 AM

It is the Friday before the week off for me. I swear the kids must know it too! 2 kids didn't nap and 1 kid took a 1 hour when she usually takes at least two. Oh well, 2 hours to go! Happy Friday Everyone!:D:D:D

jenh171 04-15-2011 10:17 AM

omg, ME TOO, tulip! i have next week off, AND my daughter's bday party tonight at 6pm, so i was counting on getting my act together at naptime. well of course murphy's law kicked in. my baby who sleeps 11-1pm every day like clockwork, slept 11-11:40....grrrr! 1 hour and 45 minutes to go, then 10 days off...but who's counting! haha...i feel like i have to downplay my excitement about vacation in front of the parents! :lol:

Unregistered 04-15-2011 10:20 AM

yea, all my kids were tired this am so I put them to bed 30 min early for nap. Good thing nobody can tell time yet. They all ate early and moved right onto their mats. No complaints. After this week, I need an extra 30 min to myself- or an earlier 30 min anyway!

MamaBear 04-15-2011 10:26 AM

Amen :)

Every Friday I put EVERY piece of daycare equipment and toys in the playroom & shut the door so I dont see it. Also clean, sterilize and freshen the house to my liking :) Makes for a fresh clean nice weekend :D

I had a daycare parent swing by on a weekend once to drop something off and she was surprised to see everything put away. She asked "why do you put all your daycare stuff away on the weekends" I said "because its my home too and I dont work on weekends" I cant wait till 4pm today so I can store everything away again... even if only for a couple days :) haha

lucky 04-15-2011 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by JenNJ:
Lol! I have a VERY light day today so it is DRAGGING. I am so bored and just want to take my kids out for pizza!!!

Me too! I only have a couple today and time is dragging......

missnikki 04-15-2011 10:47 AM

I painted my toenails bright blue, so I can start my flip-flop tan early. TGIF!

Stacy214 04-15-2011 11:01 AM

:lol: I do the same thing...everything was cleaned this morning and they only have a select amount for the afternoon....but I SWEAR they will all be here till the last minute, happens every Friday, ho hum

lil angels 04-15-2011 11:15 AM

me to just put away one pnp and one more to go and the saucers are gone already yay TGIF!

Blackcat31 04-15-2011 11:23 AM

you know you're ready for the weekend when.....
I give the kids a mini tootsie roll for a treat and they ask for seconds and I let them.....and thirds and fourths and fifths......:lol::lol:

missnikki 04-15-2011 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
you know you're ready for the weekend when.....
I give the kids a mini tootsie roll for a treat and they ask for seconds and I let them.....and thrids and fourths and fifths......:lol::lol:

don't forget the free puppy!

youretooloud 04-15-2011 02:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I knew I was ready for the weekend when I started hording crushed ice for a Hard lemonade at exactly closing time. I couldn't care less if my family eats dinner because I'm going to have a liquid dinner while I'm in the hot tub.

SilverSabre25 04-15-2011 02:09 PM

I don't really get to put away daycare...I have a kid of my own and a dcb on Saturdays! Sunday is my only day really "off".

kidkair 04-15-2011 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by jenh171:
you start putting the child care supplies away at 1pm! :lol:

. . . you start stripping sheets off mats after nap on Thursday.

jenh171 04-16-2011 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by youretooloud:
I knew I was ready for the weekend when I started hording crushed ice for a Hard lemonade at exactly closing time. I couldn't care less if my family eats dinner because I'm going to have a liquid dinner while I'm in the hot tub.

haha...LOVE it! :lol: