Daycare.com Forum
1 2 3 11  ... Last

Daycare.com Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daycare Center and Family Home Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The FUNNY Thread - What Made You Laugh Today? (https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27663)

DCMomOf3 03-03-2011 06:06 PM

The FUNNY Thread - What Made You Laugh Today?

Michael is letting me start sticky for funny things we see and hear. :)

So, what made you laugh today?

LindaMJ 03-03-2011 08:56 PM

Many things made me laugh today; mostly just what comes out of those precious children's mouths when we're having snack and lunch, AND, especially AND, when they had a "marching band" going on with my musical instruments and I was supposed to clap and wave and they are just so darn cute! We had a lovely day. Life is GOOD.

SilverSabre25 03-04-2011 06:34 AM

DCB 2.5, who is NOT very verbal, told me his tummy hurt. I asked him if he thought he was going to throw up (I ask even though I know he doesn't answer) and he grinned brightly and said excitedly, "Okay!" and ran off. :confused::rolleyes: er...guess you don't know anything about throwing up, kid, lol. I laughed--even though I am now on "vomit watch" with him. He did go on to eat two bowls of cereal for breakfast, so maybe he was just hungry...

My 3 yo DD is into pretending to be other people--right now when she puts on a particular purple dress she's Angelina from Angelina Ballerina. When she's Angelina, I am known as "Angelina Mommy" and DH is "Angelina Daddy." Woe betide you if you forget that she is Angelina and actually call her by her given name!

Yesterday my 3 yo was drawing pictures of thunder. DH corrected her (he is so clueless) by saying, "You mean a thunderstorm?" And she gave him a perfectly withering look and said, exasperated, "No, Daddy--just thunder. BOOM!"

Blackcat31 03-04-2011 06:50 AM

I have two 3 yr old boys who have been "at each other" all week.

This morning while playing with the wafffle blocks the tension started to get a bit elavated and I said, "Boys, why are you guys fighting now?"

One looks up and says, "Because we're friends...."

Ohhhhh, I don't know why I didn't realize that....duh!!:ouch:

DCMomOf3 03-04-2011 07:00 AM

I have been told it's my birthday today so I have been given the little people barn fully stocked with a leapfrog plastic basketball for a birthday present about 6 times so far this morning, all wrapped up in invisible wrapping paper. :)

daycare 03-04-2011 07:17 AM

DCB age 2....
I normally always wear big sweatshirts, Im always freezing in this 60 degree weather (lol)
this morning I took it off during wiggle time and DCB says wow miss _______I didnt know you had boobies............ i think my face turned red and I just replied yes I do, I am a girl....My husband was rofl..

E Daycare 03-04-2011 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
And she gave him a perfectly withering look and said, exasperated, "No, Daddy--just thunder. BOOM!"

Cutest thing!!

My DS (who is 20 mo) and I were singing "Wheels on the bus" and for the beep beep beep of the horn he was singing "beet beet beet". His little voice makes my heart skip. So adorable. :)

laundrymom 03-04-2011 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by E Daycare:
Cutest thing!!

My DS (who is 20 mo) and I were singing "Wheels on the bus" and for the beep beep beep of the horn he was singing "beet beet beet". His little voice makes my heart skip. So adorable. :)

How sweet!!!!!! We sang that today too and one of my 4's yelled. Ahhhooooohhgaaahhhhh when we beeped. Lol

E Daycare 03-04-2011 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by laundrymom:
How sweet!!!!!! We sang that today too and one of my 4's yelled. Ahhhooooohhgaaahhhhh when we beeped. Lol

LMAO! Outta the mouths of babes eh?

Pammie 03-04-2011 10:04 AM

My 5yo dcg asked me today:

"What would happen if your favorite food was hot dogs but nobody invented them yet?"

:lol::lol::lol:

Blackcat31 03-04-2011 11:26 AM

Just had a SA kid show my preschoolers a picture of their "boyfriend" and the preschooler says,
"Oh, I didn't know he was a boy. Why do they call him 'just a beaver' then?"

It was a photo of Justin Bieber

3kidzmama 03-04-2011 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Just had a SA kid show my preschoolers a picture of their "boyfriend" and the preschooler says,

Bwaaaahaaahaaa!!!! Too funny!!!

momatheart 03-05-2011 06:15 AM

This is too :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

daycare 03-05-2011 09:32 AM

lmao that is funny.

3kidzmama 03-05-2011 11:29 AM

Had a kindergartener ask me yesterday if I have a wife. I said um, no... I'm a girl... I have a husband! Lol

Childminder 03-05-2011 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by :

I got a birthday card that plays Boogie Fever and dcg4 sings 'Bookie Bieber' but I like yours better.
:lol:

GretasLittleFriends 03-06-2011 07:21 PM

I don't typically have kids on Sunday mornings (though I do offer "non-standard" hour care). Anyway, this little guy I've had for about 2 yrs now went with us to church this morning. (Yes, I have permission from his parents as they usually take him to their church on Sunday morns.) We pulled up, and he sees the red brick building and exclaims "Yay! Church!" kinda made me giggle. He then proceeded to tell everyone we saw that he is 3. His birthday was yesterday, and thankfully we live in the country, and it's a small congregation. But the icing on the cake was right before the Gospel reading we sing the "Gospel Acclimation" which is a bunch of Alleluias. He, instead of singing "Alleluia" was singing E-I-E-I-O (very sincerely too). Had to do all I could to not laugh. Instead I was able to smile at him while we were singing.

Needless to say, his parents thought it was great that he is starting to participate at church... :)

jen 03-07-2011 09:16 AM

DCB and Dad come in this morning...Dad looks a little incredulous but smiling...Apparently, when dcb got out of the car at my house this morning he exclaimed:

THIS is my LIFE!

Apparently he missed us...:)

laundrymom 03-07-2011 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by jen:
DCB and Dad come in this morning...Dad looks a little incredulous but smiling...Apparently, when dcb got out of the car at my house this morning he exclaimed:

THIS is my LIFE!

Apparently he missed us...:)

Lololol how sweet!

laundrymom 03-07-2011 09:43 AM

Lol now THAT is hilarious!!

jen 03-07-2011 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by laundrymom:
Lol now THAT is hilarious!!

Oh my gosh, that is way too funny! I took my dd to see his movie this weekend...I almost hate to admit it, but it was a really good movie. I guess I caught the Beiber Fever! :lol::lol:

SimpleMom 03-09-2011 06:48 AM

child #1: You can't have a baby, too. Only one person can have a baby.
Child #2 I want one, too.
Me: It's ok if both of you have babies, people do that all the time
both children smile :)
Child #2: How about I have a baby in 100 yrs?
Child #1: Yeah, that'll work. You can have a baby in 100 yrs.
Both children happy and content at the agreement!

Unregistered 03-09-2011 10:25 AM

2 yr old comes over with his hands clasped together.
"Got somefing for ya."
"Oh yea, what is it?" I replied.
As I opened his hands, he smirks and replies with pursed lips "a moochie!"
Followed up with, "Say mank you. That's your manners!"

Childminder 03-09-2011 12:38 PM

Aunt Chwee? Can we play Hot Spotch?

Translation - Aunt Cheri? Can we play Hop Scotch?

daycare 03-09-2011 12:51 PM

DCK are learning to sing ba ba black sheep... at circle time if I call your name, you sing for the group a solo of the song..

DCK age 3 signs blah blah balck sheep............lol it was so funny all the kids were in stiches laughing

kidkair 03-10-2011 12:10 PM

All 3 kids (ages 2,2,3)found flat pieces of ice outside and pretending the ice pieces were drums. They were all saying "dum ditty dum ditty dum dum dum" from Hand Hand Fingers Thumb. It was so cute and it was hard not to laugh at them so that they would keep it up.

momatheart 03-10-2011 12:29 PM

The other day the children were learning about their bones and a plastic little skeleton was hanging on a hook sitting on the table to show our skeleton and bones. And one little boy who is 4 said, "I just don't get what I am seeing here?"

thecrazyisout 03-10-2011 01:42 PM

My four YO DKB looked distressed, I asked him what was wrong..He put his palm to his head and said "I was thinking of doing something naughty.."

This is the same boy who comes out of the bathroom singing bad romance by Lady Gaga...too funny

SilverSabre25 03-10-2011 01:47 PM

almost 3 yo dcb spotted a little people building that has some steps on the outside. He gasped and declared lovingly (but loudly), "MY 'TEPS!!!" and proceeded to walk a little person up and down the steps for about ten minutes.

My almost 2 yo dcb spent a good ten minutes this morning throwing a toy for my cat to fetch. It was my cat's favorite prey (aside from prey that's actually, you know, alive)--a pompom puff. DCB would throw the puff, the cat would chase it, and dcb would jump up and down and clap with joy that the cat was chasing it.

DCMomOf3 03-10-2011 01:52 PM

DCG has been sitting very quietly looking at books. After a few books and swtiching chairs a few times she closes her last book, looks at me, and says "Can I get off my time out now?" I look back at her and try not to laugh as I say, "Honey, you were not on a time out." She looks surprised and said, "oh!"

Now I wonder if she should have been on one. :lol:

SFMamaTeacherC 03-10-2011 09:07 PM

When I asked my son "Do you want to go potty now or in 1 minute?" and he replied "In lots of minutes"! He hasn't said anything like that before and neither have I, he's 2.7 yrs. :) I thought it was cute!

sahm2three 03-11-2011 11:56 AM

We were playing Simon Says today and the boys were all having such a good time and laughing and it was just pure FUN! We took turns letting them decide what Simon would do next. It was a lot of fun, and with how stressful it has been here the last couple weeks, it felt really really good!

PLUS, it is warming up out side and the snow is melting, which means we can play OUTSIDE next week! YIPPEEEEEE!!!!! :Sunny:

kidkair 03-11-2011 02:38 PM

2 year old learning to sideways gallop on my crooked sidewalk and then wanting to walk it backward. :)

momatheart 03-12-2011 06:59 AM

A 4 yr old told me yesterday, "kids they grow up fast don't they?"

I said what did you just say and he repeated it like it was nothing. I just laughed.

SilverSabre25 03-12-2011 07:19 AM

It's not daycare related, but it sure is cute.

My DD, 3 yo, is going to her cousin's house for a sleepover tonight. She's SO excited about it. Last night she started packing...and picked out about 4 pairs of pants, 6 shirts, 3 pairs of jammies, 4 nighttime diapers, and about 12 pairs of underwear for her 24 hour stay! She was so serious while she was doing it that it was all DH and I could do to keep from laughing. I don't have the heart to try and convince her that she doesn't need all of that stuff...but I am laughing uproariously inside!

She is also helping us paint some rooms today. She has her own little roller (a trim roller, but the perfect size for a 3 yo!) and was painting "robots" and "carnivals" all over the walls. I almost hated to paint over her masterpiece, but I did get a good picture.

morgan24 03-12-2011 10:47 AM

My two dcgs came up to me holding hands and the older one said Miss Morgan we discussed it and decided that you should let us watch tunes all day. I had to admire them for working together but it didn't work. They get to watch a cartoon on Friday for 1/2 hour.

Doodlebug 03-12-2011 05:32 PM

We were learning about the presidents Lincoln and Washington and I was informed by a 3 year old that they were NOT our presidents... "The Rock and Bama was"! It was all I could do to keep a straight face.:D

laundrymom 03-14-2011 09:33 AM

I had one 3 yrs come in today sour faced and grumpy,... he lasted about 3 minutes and stood in front of me,... "know why I am angry?" why??? "cause Mommy wont let my horse sleep in my room! That is torture!, I miss him". then he stomped off.

Imagine that, the horse has to sleep in the barn,..lol. Yes, real horse, lol.

DCMomOf3 03-14-2011 10:35 AM

While I was making lunch I asked DCG and DS to share what they did this weekend. When it was DSs turn it went something like this:

DS: I'm not telling. It's a secret.
DCG: I am taking your secret.
DS: NO! You can't have it, it's my secret.
DCG: I want the secret so I am taking it.
DS: It's my secret you can't have it.
DCG: But I want it.

I do intervene here and inform them that if DS hasn't shared his secret no one else can really have it.

DS: See, it's mine and you can't have it.
DCG: Fine, here, you can have it back.

momatheart 03-14-2011 04:41 PM

So we were telling one 4yr old boy how it is not ok to hit his friend in his privates. This can hurt him.
The boy who got hit there who is 4 said oh you mean my junk?