Daycare.com Forum
1 2 3 4 12  ... Last

Daycare.com Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daycare Center and Family Home Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The FUNNY Thread - What Made You Laugh Today? (https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27663)

Meyou 03-15-2011 05:08 AM

DCG (3.5) to her trio of DCB's (3.5, 3.5, 4): "Ummm....excuse me boys! Excuse me!"

DCB's: "Yes DCG"

DCG (clutching the sides of a very pooofy, lacy white princess dress and speaking very slowly while bending closer to them): As...you...can...see I am a pwincess right now. Therefore, please call me Pwincess not DCG. Or your majesty. Or your for short. Thank you my knights" (Then curtsey's and walks away regally)

DCB: "Yes, princess your"

Then they call her princess instead of her name for the rest of the day.

SilverSabre25 03-15-2011 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by Meyou:
DCG (3.5) to her trio of DCB's (3.5, 3.5, 4): "Ummm....excuse me boys! Excuse me!"

DCB's: "Yes DCG"

DCG (clutching the sides of a very pooofy, lacy white princess dress and speaking very slowly while bending closer to them): As...you...can...see I am a pwincess right now. Therefore, please call me Pwincess not DCG. Or your majesty. Or your for short. Thank you my knights" (Then curtsey's and walks away regally)

DCB: "Yes, princess your"

Then they call her princess instead of her name for the rest of the day.

:lol::lol::lol: that is too cute!

MommyMuffin 03-15-2011 09:31 AM

My mom told my 2.5yo daughter that the stuff between her toes is "toe jam."(meaning like the lint from your socks.)
Now she is obsessed and takes her socks off and shows everyone that will listen that she has toe jam. Right now she is showing dcb between her toes the invisible "toe jam."

I have such an educational child care huh? hahaha

SilverSabre25 03-16-2011 04:17 AM

I like days that start off with two funnies before breakfast!

1. DH has to dress up for work today (Mmm, dress shirt, tie, the works...yummy!) and 3 yo DD just looked at him and announced, "You look like an office man today, Daddy!"

2. 2.75 yo dcb is in big boy underwear for the first time (at daycare) today. I asked him (in a really excited tone), "Hey, dcb, are you wearing big boy underwear today?!" and he grinned the biggest sunniest grin, twisted around so his butt was towards me and pointed at his butt and announced, "THOMAS!!!"

Meyou 03-16-2011 06:15 AM

Awwwww.

At snack today DCB politely told me he doesn't like blueberries because they're yuck. I asked him if he remembered the blue and green grapes we ate last week which were actually half grapes and half blueberries. He told me, "You did it again!! Trickeded my body into liking your healthy foods. I dooo like blueberries." haha

Zoe 03-16-2011 09:12 AM

Awwwww.

At snack today DCB politely told me he doesn't like blueberries because they're yuck. I asked him if he remembered the blue and green grapes we ate last week which were actually half grapes and half blueberries. He told me, "You did it again!! Trickeded my body into liking your healthy foods. I dooo like blueberries." haha

That's adorable!

laundrymom 03-16-2011 10:00 AM

lol,.. I love this!!!!! and am stealing it!!!!

Awwwww.

Meyou 03-16-2011 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by laundrymom:
lol,.. I love this!!!!! and am stealing it!!!!

My other favorite is to cut all orange vegatables to look like carrot sticks. Works every time! I tell them after the fact that they tried something new and loved it.

DCMomOf3 03-17-2011 06:48 AM

My DCB2 was playing with the Little People when out of the blue, gets up and runs up to me, says 'I'm hungry!', runs to the play kitchen, grabs a plastic drumstick, runs back to me and tries feed it to me then pretends to eat it himself.

E Daycare 03-17-2011 09:03 AM

Ok so my DCM brought in a gift for me today. She said she was at the store and thought that Id like this. Mentioned that since I wore some purple hair extensions this weekend for the bachelorette party I went to that maybe Id like this little number. She tried to find a good match to my hair color. Which is strawberry blond. This made me LOL so hard and I thought my husband was gonna cry when he saw it. Funny doesnt describe this.

http://i.imgur.com/b6uy7.jpg

Its the thought that counts. It was nice she was thinking of me :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Meyou 03-17-2011 09:12 AM

OMG :lol::lol:

SilverSabre25 03-21-2011 07:19 AM

My 3 yo DD sat for a long time with the lacing cards, lacing the string through near the top two holes, then leaving a long loop and lacing the other end through the top two holes on the other side near the top--then declared them to be "trophies" and hung them around everyone's neck. I did tell her that you call a trophy around someone's neck a "medal" but it was still super cute. She bowed adorably after bestowing each person's "medal" on them.

Blackcat31 03-21-2011 07:24 AM

Two of my dcg's (age 3.5) are sitting in the housekeeping/kitchen area having a "meal time" converstaion:

dcg #1 "So my mom was naughty yesterday."
dcg #2 "Did she have to time out?"
dcg #1 "No, she couldn't. Her butt is too big for the chair." :eek:

CeceMHill 03-24-2011 01:51 PM

I know I've come to the right place having read all these funny stories, thanks for making me giggle :)

DCMomOf3 03-24-2011 02:21 PM

My DS to his preschool teacher:

Miss T! DCG is not at my house. She is playing with her baby brother! He was in DCMs belly and POPPED out!

SilverSabre25 03-25-2011 05:25 AM

DD is wearing a dress today. It's a regular dress (it's also day 5 of 7 that she's worn it, but that's another tale--don't worry, it's been washed...). My almost 3 yo dcb keeps whining about her wearing a "princess" and wanting "princess" of his own--meaning a dress up dress. I keep trying to explain that it's not a dress up dress DD is wearing, but her clothes. He's not buying it. He just pointed at DD and said, "But my turn now!"

The dress up dresses are put away right now though so he's outta luck.

I still think it's funny...just you wait kid until the weather gets nice...I'm pretty sure DD is going to wear almost nothing BUT dresses this year!

Luna 03-25-2011 10:28 AM

Dcg3: "...up above the world so high, like a Brian in the sky..."

Gurdy 03-25-2011 11:32 AM

Dcg 2 was singing her alphabet "abcdefghijk yellow pee qrstuvwxy and z".
I don't know if that is really what she thinks it is or she heard someone else sing it like that (her older brother maybe?). Either way, it did crack me up.

SilverSabre25 03-25-2011 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Gurdy:
Dcg 2 was singing her alphabet "abcdefghijk yellow pee qrstuvwxy and z".
I don't know if that is really what she thinks it is or she heard someone else sing it like that (her older brother maybe?). Either way, it did crack me up.

My DD for a long time said "elmo p..." now the way she pronounces it, it sounds a bit like "emmalo p".

Luna 03-28-2011 06:46 AM

Dcg's "clinking" their cups together and shouting "Cheese!"

dEHmom 03-28-2011 07:09 AM

this made me laugh....

facebook status floating around....

SENIORS TEXTING CODES :
ATD- At The Doctors.

BFF- Best Friend Fell

BTW- Bring the Wheelchair.

BYOT- Bring Your Own Teeth.

FWIW- Forgot Where I Was.

GGPBL- Gotta Go Pacemaker Battery Low.

GHA- Got Heartburn Again.

IMHO- Is My Hearing-Aid On.

LMDO- Laughing My Dentures Out.

OMMR- On My Massage Recliner.

OMSG - Oh My! Sorry, Gas.

ROFLACGU- Rolling On Floor Laughing And Can't Get Up.

TTYL- Talk To You Louder

The bolded ones are my favorite

SilverSabre25 03-29-2011 05:25 AM

2.75 yo dcb does NOT get the kind of pretend play that my DD is into right now--the kind where she says something like, "Can I have some paint?" and you can hold out your hand and say, "Okay, here you go, here's some paint!" and she "takes" it and "paints" something with it.

So this morning, DD asks DCB to "go get me some vitamins!" and he wanders off into the kitchen with DD shrieking at him, "NO! PRETEND!!!!!" and he just looked confused, so I showed him what she meant, and "gave" him some "vitamins" too. The look on his face as he studied the nothing in his hand, looking back and forth from it to me, was just priceless.

DCMomOf3 03-29-2011 06:41 AM

DS4: DCG - Do you love me?
DCG: No, I love ladybugs and Caterpillars.
DS4: But... I'm funny...

SilverSabre25 03-29-2011 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by DCMomOf3:
DS4: DCG - Do you love me?
DCG: No, I love ladybugs and Caterpillars.
DS4: But... I'm funny...

:lol::lol:

dEHmom 03-29-2011 08:27 AM

hahahaha......

this is annoying and cute all at same time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lih0...layer_embedded

LindaMJ 03-29-2011 07:19 PM

That is hilarious! I swear, this is one of the top reasons I do child care. To hear what comes out of their mouths!

dEHmom 03-30-2011 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by dEHmom:
hahahaha......

this is annoying and cute all at same time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lih0...layer_embedded

sorry I meant to add this yesterday and forgot....

it's only annoying because I watched part 1 and 2 back to back, and it's the same sound over and over. That's all I meant by annoying. It's cute how they have an entire conversation.

Cat Herder 03-30-2011 04:34 AM

SAD NEWS - Another great icon of the entertainment community, the Pillsbury Doughboy died yesterday of a yeast infection and trauma complications from repeated pokes to the belly. He was 71. Dough Boy is survived by his wife Play Dough, three children, John Dough, Jane Dough, and Dosey Dough, plus they had one... in the Oven. Services were held at 3:50 for about 20 minutes...

dEHmom 03-30-2011 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by Catherder:
SAD NEWS - Another great icon of the entertainment community, the Pillsbury Doughboy died yesterday of a yeast infection and trauma complications from repeated pokes to the belly. He was 71. Dough Boy is survived by his wife Play Dough, three children, John Dough, Jane Dough, and Dosey Dough, plus they had one... in the Oven. Services were held at 3:50 for about 20 minutes...

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

SilverSabre25 03-30-2011 05:59 AM

2 boys making noise with the instruments and yelling just to hear themselves yell. They're having fun.

DD, who is in that opinionated stage of the age of 3, yelled at them "STOP!!! I DON"T LIKE THAT NOISE!"

And then they kept right on playing, except instead of just yelling noise, they started yelling, "STOP! STOP! STOP! NOISE! NOISE! NOISE!"

Unregistered 03-30-2011 09:16 AM

4yr old DCG asks me "are you getting your hair cut again?" I say "no, I don't like it short" she says "why cause you look goofy?".......haha!

dEHmom 03-31-2011 03:46 PM

kids are on a beetlejuice kick right now.

They said Beetlejuice, so I said it 2 times and their eyes went wide (because 3rd time he comes right!). They each yell out his name 3 times! So I pretended to be all scared, and said oh no we're in trouble. Who will save us daddy's not home!

Anyways, my youngest (3yo ds) goes potty, yells "mommy wipe my bum" so I go, help him, dump out the potty and clean it, but while the bowls out, he sees a beetle (moisture bug) on the floor under the little potty! He yells "mommy BEETLE BEETLE MOMMMY FOR REAL BEETLE!" he's scared to go in the bathroom now. hahahahahahahha

nannyde 04-01-2011 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Catherder:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

SilverSabre25 04-04-2011 06:37 AM

"You can NOT use the cat as a patient!"--said to my 3 yo who is trying to "doctor" the cat with the doctor tools. She's trying to "take blood", "look down her throat", and put "casts" on her tail. The cat is not amused, but is too stupid/lazy to move her fuzzy butt somewhere else.

Unregistered 04-04-2011 09:44 AM

Thought my autistic daycare boy was eating his broccoli. Upon taking a closer look I see he is slowly eating all the shredded cheese off each piece then putting them back on his plate. Gotta love the effort!

PitterPatter 04-05-2011 05:45 PM

Finally got a dck to pee on the potty after running him back upstairs every 30 mins. (totally exhausting btw!!) Anyway he peed and I did the silly potty dance and sang our silly potty song he was happy, flushed, washed his hands and dried with a paper towel. I handed him a sticker for his chart and said "great job now when u feel that feeling again let me know so we can run back up here and u can get more stickers and I will sing and dance for u". He said "well ok but i am NOT putting my poop in there!" Put his hands on his hips and struted out of the room with his nose in the air and tp stuck to his shoe! :lol:

Childminder 04-06-2011 07:30 AM

I was untangling a spool of wire for a project and the dckids were trying to guess what it was for.

Dcg3 asked :"Is that a plugger?"
Me: "What is a plugger?"
Dcg3: "The phone cord that you plug into the hole in the wall?"

SilverSabre25 04-11-2011 05:17 PM

My 3 yo DCB made me giggle today. 2 yo DCB had just arrived and was standing off to one side. 3 yo DCB, from across the playroom stared at other DCB for a minute, then came to me holding out a finger and crying, "B hit me, right here on my finger!"

I managed to avoid laughing (but only barely) as I cocked an eyebrow at him and said, "Uh, I don't think so, kid. Nice try. Go play."

The look he gave me could have withered an evergreen...

awhitcomb 04-12-2011 12:49 PM

Kids say the darndest things :)

I had my 2 2yr old dcks this morning, and out of the blue, they decided to tell they were a dork, now one of the 2yr olds can talk clearly, the other is in speach therapy. I laughed so hard, it was adorable!!! :lol:

childcarebytori 04-12-2011 08:50 PM

3yo dcg- (farts in an almost quiet room)
3.5 dcg: "What's that smell?"- with a pointed look directed at the culprit.
2yo dcg (from a few feet away) "Umm, air?" complete with the 'duh' voice.
3.5yo huffs away as the the two remaining friends share a look of understanding.

I love the level of loyalty my daycare children have for eachother.