Daycare.com Forum
First ... 3 4 5 6 7 15  ... Last

Daycare.com Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daycare Center and Family Home Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The FUNNY Thread - What Made You Laugh Today? (https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27663)

SilverSabre25 09-08-2011 08:25 AM

Funny, because if I don't laugh about it, I'll scream...

DCB 3 has finally started getting his shoes on the right feet fairly consistently. I say "finally" because his mom makes a big deal out of it, not me...I could care less at this age if they do it right the first time. But anyway,

so now that he gets them on the right feet consistently, he comes to me and says, "Look [silversabre25]! I got them right feet!" and I tell him "Yes, they are the right feet, you did it!"

Then what does he do? He goes and sits down and takes them off and switches them!!! :rolleyes: EVERY DANG TIME. "That was wrong feet. now they right feet!"

I feel like banging my head against the wall...

GretasLittleFriends 09-08-2011 09:44 AM

Yesterday my DS (who will be 7 tomorrow) ran inside while we were outside playing. He grabbed a piece of computer paper and a yellow marker. He wrote a recipe and insisted we make it last night.

Aggs, flour, buter, humey, bnanus, penut buter. It is apparently a cake recipe. I told him we couldn't make it last night because we don't have the right measurements. He said yes we do. It's 2 eggs, 2TBSP four, and proceeded to make up measurements. I thought it was great!

Little does he know that when he left for school this morning I googled the following : Egg, flour, honey, bananas, peanut butter and came up with a peanut butter banana bread recipe. (I don't have any peanut allergies). We are going to make this tonight and that will be our afternoon snack (treat) for his birthday tomorrow. :D

SilverSabre25 09-08-2011 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by GretasLittleFriends:
Yesterday my DS (who will be 7 tomorrow) ran inside while we were outside playing. He grabbed a piece of computer paper and a yellow marker. He wrote a recipe and insisted we make it last night.

Aggs, flour, buter, humey, bnanus, penut buter. It is apparently a cake recipe. I told him we couldn't make it last night because we don't have the right measurements. He said yes we do. It's 2 eggs, 2TBSP four, and proceeded to make up measurements. I thought it was great!

Little does he know that when he left for school this morning I googled the following : Egg, flour, honey, bananas, peanut butter and came up with a peanut butter banana bread recipe. (I don't have any peanut allergies). We are going to make this tonight and that will be our afternoon snack (treat) for his birthday tomorrow. :D

OH, that is too sweet! And how awesome that you were able to find a recipe that uses his ingredients (and for something resembling a cake, too!). Since he wanted it to be a cake, you could "frost" the "cake" with a simple glaze. Or make a simple cream cheese frosting (cream cheese, powdered sugar, a little milk).

sharlan 09-08-2011 02:09 PM

That is so cute.

Luna 09-12-2011 07:36 AM

DCB3 is singing "All the jingle bells" then in a higher voice "All the jingle bells". I think he's trying to sing "All the Single Ladies" :lol:

laundrymom 09-12-2011 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by Luna:
DCB3 is singing "All the jingle bells" then in a higher voice "All the jingle bells". I think he's trying to sing "All the Single Ladies" :lol:

Lol! Now that s funny!!!

tbutler 09-12-2011 07:10 PM

DCG, 3 years old, first day was today. I turned on the soft music as they laid down and covered up for naptime. She says "Can you turn the music off?". Poor child has never been to daycare before and didn't know what to expect. She was fast asleep within 10 minutes.:lol:

Auntie 09-14-2011 03:38 PM

I LOVE IT! What a great idea to google that recipe he gave you and make it for afternoon snack.

Auntie 09-14-2011 03:40 PM

The other day at work the little girl who is new to our class is only 33 months old. We were outside playing and she comes up to me and she is showing me this little tiny red mark on the knuckle of her thumb and tells me through tears "they beat me up."

sharlan 09-14-2011 09:07 PM

You have to wonder where they get this stuff..........

laundrymom 09-15-2011 09:50 AM

Ok I literally have tears running down my face.

Back story, last week I had the infants sleeping in my bedrooms like normal and within regs. Fedex came. He had to bring in three very heavy boxes. So,.Because bedrooms were taken... I put my dog in the bathroom and shut the door so I could just prop open screendoor. Fedex leaves, 5 min later a 4 yr old is dropped off after swim lessons. Goes potty and finds dog in bathroom. He comes out and says MISS ***XX dog is in the bathroom WHY???? I said, he was using it. Smiling. Then the phone rang,... I answered - He went and did his business. I forgot about it. Today I get a phone call from grandma in Utah,.... Wanting to know how exactly I taught my dog to use the toilet!!! And would I help her train hers.

It took me a minute but rofl! Lol. I had to explain it to her. We had a great laugh. Lol

SilverSabre25 09-15-2011 10:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by laundrymom:

Back story, last week I had the infants sleeping in my bedrooms like normal and within regs. Fedex came. He had to bring in three very heavy boxes. So,.Because bedrooms were taken... I put my dog in the bathroom and shut the door so I could just prop open screendoor. Fedex leaves, 5 min later a 4 yr old is dropped off after swim lessons. Goes potty and finds dog in bathroom. He comes out and says MISS ***XX dog is in the bathroom WHY???? I said, he was using it. Smiling. Then the phone rang,... I answered - He went and did his business. I forgot about it. Today I get a phone call from grandma in Utah,.... Wanting to know how exactly I taught my dog to use the toilet!!! And would I help her train hers.

It took me a minute but rofl! Lol. I had to explain it to her. We had a great laugh. Lol

That's great, too funny.

True story, one of my mom's cats did actually toilet train herself back in the spring--no joke, she really did! All on her own too, there was absolutely no human involvement in this toilet training process. One day my sister walked in on her peeing in the toilet, and found her doing it several times over the next few weeks. She finally got a picture. :P

laundrymom 09-15-2011 10:38 AM

Awesome!!! My friends cat did years ago. But there's no way my dog could. Lol. He is too ,... Well I love the goon. Lol

momofsix 09-15-2011 11:42 AM

That is too funny!!!!:lol:

Auntie 09-22-2011 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by AnneCordelia:
DD, "You can be the daddy and I'll be the mommy."

DCB3, "I the daddy! *puts on deep voice* I'mma drive my car! Where's my wallet? Where's my keys? Where's my damn pants, Susan*?!"

*DCM's name

OMG I AM REALLY LOLing for sure on this one. That is so funny.:lol:
Did you tell the parents? What did they say? This is so precious.

Auntie 09-22-2011 09:03 AM

:lol::lol:OH that is so funny.

Auntie 09-22-2011 09:09 AM

The other day while we were outside I gave this little girl a kleenex so she could wipe her nose. She gets done and says she needs to throw it away. I said put it in your pocket until we get inside. She said I don't have a pocket. I said here put it up your sleeve of your jacket. She said, no. I was sitting and holding her and she looks at me and says "I will just put it right here!" she starts putting it between my shirt and my zip up sweatshirt. I had my sweatshirt zipped up midchest.

laundrymom 09-22-2011 10:01 AM

Ok today we had everything bagels. They have poppy seeds on the bottom. A 4 yr says what are these ?? I said. Poppy seeds. He's like. Ok. Lunch moves on. He says. I love these dog biscuits!! I must have looked at him like he had 3 heads because he covered his mouth and said,... Puppy biscuits miss ***xx???
pOppy not pUppy. Lolololol. Ok I'm just dying here. Lol

Doodlebug 09-23-2011 11:40 AM

A three year old little girl today was having a hard time remembering the name of another child, so I reminded her of the name. She put her fingers in her ears and closed her eyes and said "It just wont stay in here" and pointed to her head.

Luna 09-23-2011 03:40 PM

We've had a guy doing work in our back yard for most of the summer. He's pretty wooly-looking...crazy hair and a long fluffy beard. He arrived today with a fresh shave & haircut. Dcg3 said, "Who's that guy?" I told her "That's D".

"He looks funny, he changed his colours!"

themoorethemerrier 09-29-2011 11:32 AM

I love this thread!!! :lol:

Heidi 09-29-2011 11:47 AM

me..."dcb, please don't throw books, books are special" dcb "why?" me "well, people work really hard to write books, for us to enjoy them. Do you know what someone who writes books is called?". dcb "no" me "an author". dcb "oh, and what about someone who makes toys, what are they?

Me: "well, duh....(big grin) Santa's Elves!".....I love it when I make him laugh!

Ginny 09-30-2011 07:35 AM

A day-care for men called 'Manland' where they can act like big kids while the women go shopping in IKEA.

I just laughed at the thought of the men throwing a tantrum when it's time to go home :p

http://theweek.com/article/index/219...e-for-husbands

http://www.worldofdeals.co.uk/assets...ea-manland.png
Kids' toys

Unregistered 09-30-2011 11:35 AM

It didn't happen here but one of my former daycare dads told me the 5 year old told him that he was singing a song in his head and could HE (dad) hear it? The dad said no he couldn't so the little guy went over and put his head against his dad's ear...he said, "Can you hear it now? " :)

Yesterday, the baby was crying a bit after I laid her down for a nap and the 2 year old was listening to the monitor...she went over to it and said into it , "It's Ok, Kendyll..it's OK!" :)

mema 09-30-2011 12:28 PM

DCB1: How do you think they make meat?
DCB2: They shoot a chicken.
DCB1: No they don't. Mom goes to the store and brings it home. Then she puts it in a pot with a recipe!:lol:

karen 10-05-2011 11:47 AM

I was taking the children for a walk around the block yesterday I only had 4 in my care. They have to hold my hands at all times. The one little girl asked me what was wrong with my fingers I said nothing she says why do you have so many cracks in your hands. :lol: My cracks must have been really on her mind because a few minutes later she asked me if my cracks hurt!!!!:lol: I couldn't stop laughing! A new name for wrinkles....CRACKS!!!! :lol:

MyAngels 10-07-2011 09:30 AM

I made my first sensory bin for my kids today, and as we're getting ready to put it away before lunch my 5 yo picks up the lid and points to the warning label that's there - "this is what you can't do!" he says in all seriousness - "you can't put baby B in the box!"

hoopinglady 10-08-2011 08:56 PM

literally

The children decipher names they don't recognize into words they know.

Nick = Neck
Kendall = Candle

Last week my 3.5 year old was saying "bye Hiccup" My new boy's name is Jacob. hahahaha!

GretasLittleFriends 10-08-2011 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by hoopinglady:
The children decipher names they don't recognize into words they know.

Nick = Neck
Kendall = Candle

Last week my 3.5 year old was saying "bye Hiccup" My new boy's name is Jacob. hahahaha!

That's how my dd got her nickname. Her name is Victoria, and one little dcb (2.5) couldn't say that, so he started calling her Tora. She's stuck with it now. Not sure if this is good or bad though. She is 17mos and loves to growl and roar (especially with a particular yellow and purple mitten on her hand :rolleyes: ). Found out, fairly recently, that Tora means tiger in Japanese; and was the code word for the attack on Pearl Harbor...

hoopinglady 10-08-2011 09:26 PM

haha

watch out for that girl! ;) That's really cool though, actually...a strong tiger girl! My dd's name is Lydia and nearly all the children watch the program "Oliva" so many of them decipher her name as "Olydia" sheesh.

hoopinglady 10-13-2011 12:48 PM

dcb, 5, says "do you want to touch my eyebrows? they are really soft."

I did and they were.

SilverSabre25 10-13-2011 01:44 PM

My DD calls nostrils, "nose holes" and it cracks me up every time.

DCB 3.5 was wearing a "bire-bire-bire-bire-bider-bider hat" earlier today. Translation: fire fighter hat. Every time he says "fire fighter" these days, he says it that way. Too cute.

KBCsMommy 10-14-2011 01:24 PM

My ds says to other dcb
Ds: " youre tummy is weeely big!"
Dcb: " Yeah, I know just like my daddy!":lol:

Dcd is gonna love that hes an avid runner!!!!!!!!:lol:

Country Kids 10-14-2011 01:38 PM

We went for a walk.

DCG-Its chilly out here
DCB-It doesn't smell like chili it smells like...........never finished sentence.

dave4him 10-14-2011 08:23 PM

Went to Cherry Berry with the family this evening. Gave my little Erin my 14 month old, a small sample cup of pumpkin ice cream..... a little while later she was done and we didnt see the cup anywhere.... swabbed her cheek to find a tiny chewed up cup which looked more like used gum :) such a sweet little princess our girl.

Meyou 10-18-2011 05:19 AM

DCB: We have a super secret hideout!
DCG: Yah! It's super secret!
DCB: And when we're inside we turn into marshmallows! Then we eat each other!
DCG: Don't worry. It's just p'tend! We're not cannonballs! (cannibals)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

SilverSabre25 10-20-2011 07:55 AM

lamest attempt at blame shifting EVER

Me: "DCB 1...what do you have in your mouth?"
DCB 1: "Um, it's in DCB 2's mouth."

dave4him 10-26-2011 01:13 PM

I just took my twins to their cribs for nap time and said ;even Jesus knew when to take a nap; :)

KBCsMommy 10-26-2011 01:47 PM

The mom of one of my daycare babies asks me this morning.
" So do you think you could teach her to "meow" like a kitty kat for Halloween?":confused::eek::lol:

Me: "UMMM Sure I guess I could try!!!!!!!":lol::lol:
I could hardly contain myself!!!

Bookworm 10-26-2011 05:09 PM

This story was told to me by the mom of a 4yr old in my class:

Son: Mom, when I'm 99 how old will you be?
Mom: When you are 99, I'll be in heaven waiting for you.
Son: Will you be standing at the door waiting?
Mom: I don't know where I'll be.
Son: So do I have to call before I come?

It was a good thing no one was next to me when I spewed coffee everywhere.