Daycare.com Forum

Daycare.com Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daycare Center and Family Home Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Letter For Changing Times Open Any Suggestions? (https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27465)

nikia 02-28-2011 09:59 AM

Letter For Changing Times Open Any Suggestions?

Dear Parents,

Effective May 11, 2011, I will be changing my open time to 7:00 am and my closing time to 4:30 pm. I realize that this change will effective some of you and I am truly sorry for the inconvience. This was not an easy decision for me, as I know some of your children may have to leave my care and I truly love and enjoy each of them. I have enclosed a list of daycare providers that I trust and also the number to the local agency which will provide you with a full list of providers that will meet your needs.

If the new hours do not work for you two weeks notice is still required per our contract.

Thank you and please let me know if I can help you in any other way if you require to find a new daycare.

Signed ME

Should I add why? I was planning on telling them the reason verbally, but didnt know if I should have it in writing too. This only effects two families.

daycare 02-28-2011 10:02 AM

instead of offering to send them away maybe you can offer a discount if they can adapt to the new hours.
I did this to keep my families and no one had an issue when I changed my hours....

nikia 02-28-2011 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by daycare:
instead of offering to send them away maybe you can offer a discount if they can adapt to the new hours.
I did this to keep my families and no one had an issue when I changed my hours....

It is a good idea but one family gets here at 5:45 because they have to work at 6 so I know it wont work for them. The other family that might work, so I may just tell them verbally???

daycare 02-28-2011 10:14 AM

I think a letter is a good idea... it reconfirms the changes..

let me pm message you the letter I sent out...

how much notice are you giving?

nikia 02-28-2011 10:15 AM

I think a letter is a good idea... it reconfirms the changes..

let me pm message you the letter I sent out...

how much notice are you giving?

That would be great Thanks :D

I was going to try and finish it up during naptime today and then hand it out tonight so plenty of time.

daycare 02-28-2011 10:18 AM

ok i sent it... hopefully it will help some..

nikia 02-28-2011 10:21 AM

ok i sent it... hopefully it will help some..

Got it :) Thanks so much

Unregistered 02-28-2011 11:40 AM

Dont give them such an easy out. The discount is a great idea. When theres any change in the policies I give a months notice. Good luck!
Debbie

Abigail 02-28-2011 11:48 AM

Try not to make it so personal and make sure you mention a new contract will be signed for families affected.

nannyde 02-28-2011 12:03 PM

I wouldn't give them that letter and I wouldn't give that much notice.

I would tell them one month before you change the hours and do this:

Dear Parents,

As of X day the business hours for the day care will be X to X. A new contract will be offered to reflect the hours change. If you choose not to accept the new contract please be advised that the two week notice in your current contract will still apply.

Signed you

Don't give so much time
Don't give them references to anywhere else
Don't admit it will be a problem

Just give them the facts and remind them of the contract notice time on their current contract.

nikia 02-28-2011 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by nannyde:
I wouldn't give them that letter and I wouldn't give that much notice.

I would tell them one month before you change the hours and do this:

Dear Parents,

As of X day the business hours for the day care will be X to X. A new contract will be offered to reflect the hours change. If you choose not to accept the new contract please be advised that the two week notice in your current contract will still apply.

Signed you

Don't give so much time
Don't give them references to anywhere else
Don't admit it will be a problem

Just give them the facts and remind them of the contract notice time on their current contract.

My only thing with the notice is that I am going on vacation from April 4 thru the 19th so by the time I get back it will be less than a month notice. So instead of today I was thinking April 1st.

nannyde 02-28-2011 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by nikia:
My only thing with the notice is that I am going on vacation from April 4 thru the 19th so by the time I get back it will be less than a month notice. So instead of today I was thinking April 1st.

You will have them leave without notice if you do that. Give it to them the day you return and tough it out for one month.

nikia 02-28-2011 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by nannyde:
You will have them leave without notice if you do that. Give it to them the day you return and tough it out for one month.

I figured I would run the risk of leaving without notice, my date for the change is because I have a night class that starts at 5:30 goes until 8:30 4 nights a week and it start May 11. I may just have to have my mom (my substitute) fill in so I can make it to class I guess. Hmmmm I should have thought about this when scheduling my vacation :lol:

Live and Learn 02-28-2011 12:22 PM

1) I would give them the notice on April 19 and start the new hours on May 19.
2) I would not offer a discount to stay.

Good Luck:)!

Lucy 02-28-2011 05:58 PM

If you decide to give them this letter, please note the corrections in red.

Dear Parents,

Effective May 11, 2011, I will be changing my open time to 7:00 am and my closing time to 4:30 pm. I realize that this change will effective (should be affect) some of you and I am truly sorry for the inconvience.(should be inconvenience) This was not an easy decision for me, as I know some of your children may have to leave my care and I truly love and enjoy each of them. I have enclosed a list of daycare providers that I trust (insert comma) and also the number to the local agency which will provide you with a full list of providers that will meet your needs.

If the new hours do not work for you (insert comma) two weeks notice is still required per our contract.

Thank you and please let me know if I can help you in any other way if you require to find a new daycare. (Awkward sentence. How about Thank you for understanding. Please let me know if there's any other way I can help you.)

Signed ME

Should I add why? I was planning on telling them the reason verbally, but didnt know if I should have it in writing too. This only effects two families.

Unregistered 02-28-2011 06:13 PM

Letter

Dear Parents,

Effective May 11, 2011, I will be changing my open time to 7:00 am and my closing time to 4:30 pm. I realize that this change will effective some of you and I am truly sorry for the inconvience. This was not an easy decision for me, as I know some of your children may have to leave my care and I truly love and enjoy each of them. I have enclosed a list of daycare providers that I trust and also the number to the local agency which will provide you with a full list of providers that will meet your needs.

If the new hours do not work for you two weeks notice is still required per our contract.

Thank you and please let me know if I can help you in any other way if you require to find a new daycare.

Signed ME

I think that your letter sounds pretty good, but I would make a couple changes to it. I would leave out the list of information for other providers and the agency's info as well. I think that since you are giving the families plenty of notice, then they should have no problem finding another provider. I wouldn't put any reason in the letter, because in the end, the reason doesn't matter. You are making changes in your schedule, and that's all that they need to know. As far as the other family goes, if they can adjust their schedules to accommodate your new hours, then that's something that you can work out with them verbally I would think. I would have the families who are staying sign an updated contract with the new hours in it as well. Good luck!