Daycare.com Forum

Daycare.com Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daycare Center and Family Home Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Family Quit On Me - I Feel So Happy Now (https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30703)

MamaBear 05-23-2011 10:56 AM

Family Quit On Me - I Feel So Happy Now

I was feeling so down last week about daycare and I finally know now what it was. It was this ONE family who had a sibling situation here. I've had SO many problems with them over the past 2 years... The mom was crazy (talked way too much - very manipulative) and her kids seemed to bring every disease possible into the daycare. Also the DCG was a 3 yr old bully... always finding someone to hit or push.

She gave me a 2 week notice due to them moving 30 minutes away and I was SO happy to hear it. I tried to "pretend" to be disappointed, but after I hung up the phone, I was dancing around the house with joy! lol :D

It sucks to have to try to replace TWO kids but at least she came today and paid for the last 2 weeks in cash and took all their things. So I have 2 weeks to try to find at least one replacement.

This reminds me why I should avoid sibling situations though. When they do leave, it really takes a big chunk of income along with them. Even if I'll be a little poor for awhile - I dont care. Just having them gone was a God send to me!! Thank you Jesus! :lol: I feel a renewed sense of love for doing daycare now! :)

juliebug 05-23-2011 11:08 AM

enjoy the calmness you now feel :)

momma2girls 05-23-2011 11:13 AM

enjoy!!!
I am sure you will feel like a huge weight has been lifted!!

Sunshine44 05-23-2011 11:16 AM

I've had that same feeling! I had a family leave me high and dry once and it was the BEST thing to happen to me. I didn't realize how much I resented them and all the problems they really created until they were gone.

Blessing in disguise?? :)

sharlan 05-23-2011 11:26 AM

Great that she paid you AND isn't coming back. That's a nice mini vacation.

Cat Herder 05-23-2011 11:39 AM

When one door closes another opens. :Sunny: So glad it is working out on it's own.

Meeko 05-23-2011 11:47 AM

Yeah! Glad you're feeling better!

MamaBear 05-23-2011 11:58 AM

Thank You :)

Thank you!! Yes I am feeling so much better. Its amazing how one family can stress me out so much. So glad they are gooooone :) I'm praying for a nice family to come soon!

akmama 05-23-2011 10:58 PM

Thats awesome! Wish I had seen this before I suggested ya dropping somekids in the other thread:) lol
Thats how I felt when I got notices the last week or so too :)

Michelle 05-23-2011 11:02 PM

We have actually had a good time making up "dream ads" (we never posted them):D
childcare available-no psycho parents-no biting kids-no we won't raise your kids for 16 hours a day- and just leave the kids on the porch and ring the bell so we don't have to deal with your drama:lol::lol::lol:

momma2girls 05-24-2011 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by Michelle:
childcare available-no psycho parents-no biting kids-no we won't raise your kids for 16 hours a day- and just leave the kids on the porch and ring the bell so we don't have to deal with your drama:lol::lol::lol:

This is good!! HA!!!!

MamaBear 05-24-2011 10:29 AM

I love it!

Originally Posted by Michelle:

That is awesome! Wish I could post an ad like that! hahaha :D