Daycare.com Forum

Daycare.com Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daycare Center and Family Home Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Weekend Care? (https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31825)

christinaskids 06-22-2011 12:06 PM

Weekend Care?

Do any of you do weekend care and what do you charge? I usually charge $20 per day or $90 per week. I know the demand for Saturday care is high here and I could make a lot of money doing it but I would defiantly want to charge extra for it.

littlemissmuffet 06-22-2011 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by christinaskids:
Do any of you do weekend care and what do you charge? I usually charge $20 per day or $90 per week. I know the demand for Saturday care is high here and I could make a lot of money doing it but I would defiantly want to charge extra for it.

No weekend care here... I couldn't imagine!!!
However, if I had to, I would charge DOUBLE my daily rate.

SilverSabre25 06-22-2011 12:39 PM

Well, for the one family I watch on Saturday, I do not charge any extra. It's part of their normal week and when they signed up, I didn't think to charge extra for it.

If I were to do it over again, I might consider charging an extra $10/day for the weekend care--BUT, and this is an important point here--I don't provide the "normal" care on Saturday. Saturday, I feel more like a baby-sitter or like dcb is part of my family. There's more junk food consumed, less structure, more TV. So, in some ways, I feel like I don't earn my pay as much on Saturday.

MarinaVanessa 06-22-2011 12:48 PM

For clients that are already enrolled as FT I offer weekend care on an occasional basis for $40/day. That's $9 more than what their rate would be if you broke it down daily ($155/5=$31). If they are PT or just drop-in then I charge $5 an hour with a $20 minimum. I don't have a normal daycare day on weekends either. The only thing that stays th same are the meal times. We watch TV, they eat what my family eats, they do what my family does etc.

If I'm going to give up a day on my weekend i want to make it worth it for me. Otherwise I can spend my day cleaning, because I have an endless list of things to do that I can work on. Lol

Meyou 06-22-2011 12:55 PM

Double my daily rate, no more than 8 hours of care and the kids may or may not have to go grocery shopping with me. Basically I'll watch them on the weekend but they become one of my kids to be dragged around where ever I happen to need to go.

spud912 06-22-2011 01:20 PM

I do provide care for one family on Sundays (a well-behaved school age girl). She does whatever we do, although I do try to get chores done on Saturday so Sunday can be a fun day. Basically, I reserve all the outings that I plan for my children on the days she will be here. I do not charge extra (the regular hourly part-time fee), but I do make sure that when we do field trips that cost money that the parents pay.

We do not follow a schedule with her on the weekends and we eat more junk/watch more tv. We also run the occasional errand and do some cleaning when she is here.

cheerfuldom 06-22-2011 01:39 PM

I don't do weekends. If I did, I would double my daily rate.

kidkair 06-22-2011 04:21 PM

I got $20/hr (my last nanny job rate) the last time I did weekend care. I would probably quote that to anyone who asked me to watch their kid on the weekend.

Michael 06-22-2011 06:27 PM

More related threads: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=weekend+care

afmama 06-23-2011 07:31 PM

I charge $45 a day, with an 8 hour max. Weekend care is very hard to come by, escpecially licensed care! So get your dollars worth :)

Unregistered 01-18-2018 11:10 PM

Loking for nanny

Im looking for someone honest,loving person that loves kids and that is really petiant im a single mother with 2 kids im trying to start working saturdays and will need someone to help me with them ..that will charge me for day not hr anyone interested let me know pleace

MarinaVanessa 01-19-2018 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Im looking for someone honest,loving person that loves kids and that is really petiant im a single mother with 2 kids im trying to start working saturdays and will need someone to help me with them ..that will charge me for day not hr anyone interested let me know pleace

You may want to contact your local childcare resource and referral organization for a list of child care providers that provide care on weekends. Posting here will probably not help you because this forum has child care providers from all over the US and other countries so finding someone local to you will probably be difficult.

You can also try joining a local child care Facebook group (if you use FB) where parents post their needs (make sure to include your city, the days and hours of care that you are looking for and the age of your child/children.

Nanny.com is another good source.

Keep in mind that weekend care even in a family child care setting (the home of the child care provider) is more expensive than child care during "normal" weekday hours. I posted in this thread back in 2011 and now 7 years later my weekend rate went from $40 a day for 10 hours to $80.

Someone to care for your child/children in your own home will require a nanny and will be more expensive than that. Good luck.

HappyEverAfter 01-19-2018 05:45 PM

I can’t imagine ever wanting to offer weekend care. I need my weekends to myself!

LysesKids 01-19-2018 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by HappyEverAfter:
I can’t imagine ever wanting to offer weekend care. I need my weekends to myself!

YES indeed... once in awhile drop-in on a Saturday I will do (like if one of families wants to go to a Vols game or have a rare date), but never on Sundays; yes they pay dearly too lol

MarinaVanessa 01-23-2018 12:56 PM

I rarely do daycare on the weekends or evenings. I offer it only to past or current clients in good standing and charge a premium. I'm still cheaper than a babysitter but I refuse to do weekend care for less than 4 hours. $16 for 2 hours of care isn't worth it for me ... $32 for 4 hours is a little better. Since the kids that I take care of on weekends are already enrolled (or were at one time) they already know my rules and my days are more relaxed on weekends (no program, just play) it's "easy" money for me.

WBee 01-24-2018 07:11 AM

I don't do care on the weekends because clients tend to start treating you like a babysitter rather than a professional business. I also look forward to my family time.