Daycare.com Forum
First ... 20 28 29 30 31 

Daycare.com Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daycare Center and Family Home Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The FUNNY Thread - What Made You Laugh Today? (https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27663)

CenterTeacher20 03-17-2020 08:15 AM

The leprechaun turned our toilet water green this morning!!! The kids think he's "creepy" now. :lol::lol::lol:

DaveA 04-01-2020 07:58 AM

DCG4 is “cross” ( her word) at DW because I made the mistake of telling her that I didn’t get any gifts on my Birthday yesterday. DCG is not convinced that spending the day in my shop, take out from local Mexican restaurant, & a cheesecake is really what I wanted. :lol::lol::D:D

e.j. 04-01-2020 10:03 AM

Hopefully she gets over it soon. lol Happy Birthday! My husband's is tomorrow. Under the circumstances, he said he'll be happy just getting his favorite cake. Thankfully, I thought to pick up the cake mix and frosting before we got the "stay home" advisory.

DaveA 04-28-2020 10:56 AM

D14m comes back full time next week after almost 2 months at home. She’s coming for a few hours today & half day Thursday to get back used to the place. Her and new DCB 8 months are alternating between circling each other like 2 cats with 1 tree or being the skunk & cat from Bugs Bunny. I think they’ll get along just fine. :lol::D;)

Jupadia 04-28-2020 04:44 PM

My 4 year old decided that daddy should give him an X haircut. So cut an X into his hair, we are not great haircuts and only do a one level cut with shaver. But he wants it so he can be a treasure.

He likes pirates, and hunting. Buts it's cute to hear him say he wants an " X so he can be a treasure"

DaveA 05-01-2020 07:49 AM

No DCB7- if I won’t let you play Avengers I’m not going to let you get away with doing something with “Steve, Tony, & Bruce”. Nice try kiddo. :lol::D:cool:

Cat Herder 05-20-2020 09:14 AM

3-year old stands and announces "I am done playing for today. I want to watch movies, now".

:lol::lol::lol: Nice try. Bonus points for the dramatic wiping sweat off the brow montage.

DaveA 05-29-2020 04:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Tee Spring’s Daycare T Shirts strikes again. I don’t think I’ll be ordering this one. :rolleyes::D:p
Attachment 5294

DaveA 06-17-2020 11:22 AM

Had a ton of rock dropped off this morning for the base of the driveway. DW decided rather than wait till I’m done for the day (Original plan) she’ll shovel it then and there. Retired neighbor sees the truck and by the time DW had scooped a dozen shovels has his Kubota out and is offering to spread it out for her. So DCKs got to watch rock being delivered/ dumped & a tractor this morning. :lol::D:cool:

DaveA 06-30-2020 10:51 AM

One of those insane "stream crossing" moments I find myself in way too often. Delivery for shop came early, so I found myself quickly folding and moving stroller out of the way to make room in garage for the hydraulic forging press that showed up. happyfacehappyfacehappyfacehappyface

I wouldn't actually do it, but I really want to call DCPs and say "Come get your kids now so I can go play with my new toy!" :cool:;):D:lol:

Unregistered 07-20-2020 05:30 AM

Two pre k girls talking

Mary: I have a big back!
Anna: I have a big back too!
Mary: Yeah, we have big backs like Miss Sara!!

All this was said while they were wiggling their bottoms!

Names have been changed.

Pandaluver21 09-07-2020 01:34 PM

Me- Do you have to go potty?
GirlA(4)- No, I just have a wedgie *resumes picking*

Me: what kind of birds brought Elijah food?
GirlA(4): Raisins!

Me: What kind of foods do you NOT like?
GirlB(4):Cold hamburger helper...

*throughout the day*
Boy7: Where are the boys today?
Boy7: How come I'm the only boy?
Boy7: Will the other boys be here next time?

Me: *gives out reward to all but one student (girl5)*
Did we miss anybody?
Boy7: I miss the boys....

Josiegirl 09-08-2020 03:17 AM

A former dcm is always posting pictures and video clips on FB, which I absolutely adore btw. :) I miss them so much. :( But anyways, I saw a short clip yesterday of 1 of her dds, soon to be 4 yo, cutest little thing ever. She was in one of those Sumo wrestler type inflatable get-ups and was battling it out with a little cousin of hers. OMG it was soooo adorable. Guess ya had to see it. :o

284878 09-26-2020 11:29 AM

DCB announced the other day that he is not allowed to eat peas

Sunshine69 09-30-2020 11:19 AM

So the school-aged kids have figured out how to get out of going to school. They go to the nurse and tell them they have a sore throat, stomach ache, whatever works, and get sent home not allowed to return without a negative covid test. Not only that, but their siblings got pulled out of class and sent home, too.

Since they can’t go to school, they can’t come to daycare either.

A quiet few days for me. LOL.

Poor parents though. Mom said she was going to ask doctor for the most uncomfortable testing so the rest of the kids don’t pull the same thing.

Blackcat31 09-30-2020 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Sunshine69:
So the school-aged kids have figured out how to get out of going to school. They go to the nurse and tell them they have a sore throat, stomach ache, whatever works, and get sent home not allowed to return without a negative covid test. Not only that, but their siblings got pulled out of class and sent home, too.

Since they can’t go to school, they can’t come to daycare either.

A quiet few days for me. LOL.

Poor parents though. Mom said she was going to ask doctor for the most uncomfortable testing so the rest of the kids don’t pull the same thing.

:eek: Exactly what I was referring to in your entitlement thread.
Clearly they don’t understand how their actions affect others. :confused:

I would’ve been in a HUGE world of trouble if I pulled something like that as a child. :ouch:

Sunshine69 10-06-2020 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
:eek: Exactly what I was referring to in your entitlement thread.
Clearly they don’t understand how their actions affect others. :confused:

I would’ve been in a HUGE world of trouble if I pulled something like that as a child. :ouch:

There would’ve been serious consequences for me, too.

I already warned my own kids that if they invent sicknesses just to get sent home and I have to call parents to get their kids from daycare so I can pick up my own kids from school, they had better darn well be sick.

We’ve already been through this stage where, if there were going to pretend to be sick, they got treated like they were sick. Staying in bed in their rooms with no tv or electronics wasn’t much fun. I hope they remember what it was like because it’s a minimum of 14 days now. LOL

284878 10-08-2020 07:36 AM

So I am required to wear a mask in my own home during daycare and I have found that the mask makes me a better puppeteer.

Sunshine69 10-09-2020 07:26 AM

I returned a call to a guy looking for after school care for his son.

He asked my address and when I told him he said he came by yesterday but no one was around.

Thankfully my daycare entrance is separate from my front door.

I decided it was a hard NO as soon as he said that. He asked a few more questions and then went on to tempt me with the suggestion that I stay open 2 hours later to care for his child after school until he or his wife could pick up (they would let me know each day by 5pm whether to feed him dinner or not) all for $10/day!

Sorry, dude, no room here. Good luck with your search! 🤣

e.j. 10-09-2020 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by 284878:
So I am required to wear a mask in my own home during daycare and I have found that the mask makes me a better puppeteer.

That's called making lemonade out of lemons! :)

e.j. 10-09-2020 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Sunshine69:
I returned a call to a guy looking for after school care for his son.

He asked my address and when I told him he said he came by yesterday but no one was around.

Thankfully my daycare entrance is separate from my front door.

I decided it was a hard NO as soon as he said that. He asked a few more questions and then went on to tempt me with the suggestion that I stay open 2 hours later to care for his child after school until he or his wife could pick up (they would let me know each day by 5pm whether to feed him dinner or not) all for $10/day!

Sorry, dude, no room here. Good luck with your search! 🤣

There's one bullet dodged! Phew!:lol:

CenterTeacher20 10-09-2020 12:30 PM

Me to a group of 3 to 5yos: Are you all so excited for Halloween?
All of them: YEAAAHHH!
DCB4yo: Halloween is a holiday I know that
Freshly-turned 3yo: Ya its a merry christmas

:lol:

dolores 10-29-2020 01:45 PM

A spirited 3 yo asks: why haven't I been on time out today?
Assistant: because you've been behaving well today.

3yo slowly grows a big grin on his face.
He runs to me and says: No timeout today because I am behaving!
Me: Wow! You did not have time out today because you are doing an excellent job of behaving! You should be very proud of yourself!

Let's see if it sticks...:lol:

Rockgirl 10-29-2020 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by dolores:
A spirited 3 yo asks: why haven't I been on time out today?
Assistant: because you've been behaving well today.

3yo slowly grows a big grin on his face.
He runs to me and says: No timeout today because I am behaving!
Me: Wow! You did not have time out today because you are doing an excellent job of behaving! You should be very proud of yourself!

Let's see if it sticks...:lol:

:D Sometimes acknowledging it makes it go downhill! Lol!

284878 11-02-2020 09:34 PM

My ds woke while I was getting dressed this morning and I hear him in the monitor repeating "DCB my toys" then after a while coming back with "okay?"

284878 11-02-2020 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by e.j.:
That's called making lemonade out of lemons! :)

I did that recently too. I had dh pick me up some lemons and I made lemonade. It was so good.

284878 11-03-2020 06:23 AM

School age DCB getting ready to head out the door for the bus. Randomly checks his front pocket of his backpack, I say randomly because he never does that. He looks at me and says "do you have a snack for me?"
No kid that's not my job. I'm thinking he's probably knew he did not have one.

Rockgirl 11-05-2020 09:34 AM

I have a boy named Zeke in my daycare. While we’re outside, I spend time walking laps around the yard for exercise. The kids were running around playing hide and seek, and as I made a lap, I walked past a picnic table and saw Zeke crouched behind it. He said to me, “We’re playing HIDING ZEKE!!”

dolores 11-24-2020 02:53 PM

After sitting, a precocious 4yo dcg said to me matter-of-factly in her English accent:

'I know why you did not sit on the kids' chair, its because your butt is too big'.

Ouch:ouch::eek:

'Oh small chairs are for kids and big chairs are for adults' I responded :o.

DaveA 12-07-2020 02:47 PM

I’ve been sworn to secrecy. :lol::lol::lol::lol:
DD’s Christmas gift to DW is a calendar she has spent a week making. I’ve been told that if I tell my wife about it she’s taking the coal out of my shop to give to Santa to use for naughty kids. ;);):lol::D:cool:

284878 12-08-2020 08:00 AM

Here is a text they sent you a school age boys this morning...
I don't know why but dcB put his socks in the toilet. I called the school and they do have socks that he can borrow. Just wanted to let you know.

Josiegirl 12-09-2020 07:06 AM

This isn't so much of a :lol: post but more of a :rolleyes: post.
I'm looking on amazon, for books for a 2 yo boy. Finally picked out just the right one and it says it usually ships within a month or 2. :rolleyes:
Then I come across a set of books called Quantum Physics for Babies....hmmm
After waiting for 3 minutes for each page to load :mad:, looks like I'll be visiting the book store and paying 2x as much. :(

284878 12-09-2020 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
This isn't so much of a :lol: post but more of a :rolleyes: post.
I'm looking on amazon, for books for a 2 yo boy. Finally picked out just the right one and it says it usually ships within a month or 2. :rolleyes:
Then I come across a set of books called Quantum Physics for Babies....hmmm
After waiting for 3 minutes for each page to load :mad:, looks like I'll be visiting the book store and paying 2x as much. :(

Try ebay, sometimes I find books there that I can not get anywhere else.

Annalee 12-15-2020 08:23 AM

DCB3 just spoke into his elbow and said "star command, come in, what did you say". :lol:

284878 12-16-2020 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by Annalee:
DCB3 just spoke into his elbow and said "star command, come in, what did you say". :lol:

:lol:

Annalee 12-16-2020 05:57 PM

I have an 8:00 AM cut-off and most of my families are working from home so they try to lolligag in the morning. This morning, I had a text at 7:56 with a passive aggressive "I don't think I can make it by 8 as we are running a little late so I guess we will stay home?". I replied with "have a great day!"....no response; I bet they get up earlier tomorrow:lol:

Jupadia 12-22-2020 01:25 PM

My kid (age 4 days away from5) last night shaking his present by the tree. I ask him "what he thinks or it is?" He answers "A box with a box inside". While it is a box it's got a game inside. But now I know what will make him happy for his birthday next week.

Rockgirl 01-11-2021 02:06 PM

4-year-old: “That was so fun when we did the tomato drill.”

Another 4-year-old: “It’s not TOMATO. It’s termaydo. Say it: TER-MAY-DO.”

Jupadia 02-08-2021 03:33 PM

Just had someone no show for interview.
I called about 15min after their appointment time. Lady sounded annoyed at a call, I told her who I was and asked if she was still on the way or needed to rebook. She starts going off on me that we did not set a time just that on Monday she would be there after 6pm. I corrected her and told her no sorry we said 6pm, when I asked you you said 6pm. I asked if she would like to rebook, her answer was ok you just said to come sometime after 6pm. She did not choose to rebook because I told her no you need an appointment time we have family stuff we do and need to know what time.

I think she just expected to show up at some random time (who knows when) tonight and see the daycare. Because I know that's how appointments are done right, just show up anytime in the evening, daycare providers dont get to have a life.

Best part is all she wanted was pt and only like 2 days per week. I dont usually take pt but was going to say yes but keep advertising spot and let them know this. With covid it's been hard to fill spots, we are also at the tail end of a seconed lockdown but probably still have a few weeks to go before things start to open. So in reality I was not overly open to signing them up in the first place.

It sounds a bit like this should be a vent but it has me laughing.

e.j. 02-08-2021 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Jupadia:
It sounds a bit like this should be a vent but it has me laughing.

That's the joy you're feeling at having dodged that bullet! :lol: