Daycare.com Forum
First ... 2 3 4 5 6 14  ... Last

Daycare.com Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daycare Center and Family Home Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The FUNNY Thread - What Made You Laugh Today? (https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27663)

Luna 06-28-2011 12:16 PM

This happened a couple of weeks ago but it makes me chuckle whenever I think of it.

I was making lunch in the kitchen & dcks were in the living room. Dcb 2.5 wanted the oven mitts that Dcg was playing with and she wasn't giving them up, so he screamed in her face as loud as he could. That earned him some one-on-one time with me in the kitchen. After a couple of minutes he told me he wanted to tell the kids he was sorry and I said ok.

He walked into the living room and shouted "Everyone! I NEED those mittens!!!"
:lol::lol::lol:

Meeko 06-28-2011 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Luna:
This happened a couple of weeks ago but it makes me chuckle whenever I think of it.

I was making lunch in the kitchen & dcks were in the living room. Dcb 2.5 wanted the oven mitts that Dcg was playing with and she wasn't giving them up, so he screamed in her face as loud as he could. That earned him some one-on-one time with me in the kitchen. After a couple of minutes he told me he wanted to tell the kids he was sorry and I said ok.

He walked into the living room and shouted "Everyone! I NEED those mittens!!!"

Love it! LOL :lol::lol::lol:

Meyou 06-30-2011 09:38 AM

DCB (4) comes out of the washroom with one hand resting on his lower back. He looks at me and says, "THAT was not a boy poop. THAT RIGHT THERE was a man poop. I need a break."

Luna 06-30-2011 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Meyou:
DCB (4) comes out of the washroom with one hand resting on his lower back. He looks at me and says, "THAT was not a boy poop. THAT RIGHT THERE was a man poop. I need a break."

Oh that cracks me up! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

SilverSabre25 06-30-2011 09:32 PM

My DD and I were discussing the colors of playdough I plan/hope to make tomorrow or over the weekend.

DD: "We're making rainbow playdough, right mommy? Red, blue, and white!"

Me: "You're a few colors short of a rainbow there, darling, but yes, we'll make red, white, and blue for the 4th of July."

sharlan 07-12-2011 08:01 AM

We're loading up for the beach. My 4 yo says, "It's chilly out there. I need a snow suit."

It's chilly, but we've never had snow here. He doesn't even own a snow suit.

kidkair 07-12-2011 03:07 PM

13 month old figured out how to throw the sidewalk chalk. Being that's he's 13 months old most goes behind him but a few go forward into a bucket which was making him laugh and continue. Then he throws one and it lands right on his head! Since he was wearing a hat it just stayed there until he tipped his head forward. The funniest thing was that he didn't even flinch when it landed on his head and barely acknowledged it when it fell off!

SilverSabre25 07-13-2011 01:41 PM

ROFLMBO!!!

Two girls are playing a game:
"We're bad guys!"
"Yeah! Bad guys who like to dance!"
"Yeah! [starts singing Frere Jacques]"
[both start dancing]

mema 07-18-2011 05:52 PM

The kids were all quiet eating snack, out of nowhere DCG 2.5 says "I'm the king of the world!" DCB 5 says "Don't you mean princess?":lol:

Older kids talking before lunch about resturants. DCB 5 says they went to a new one called "Nooty's" and my DD 7 pipes up, "ever been to Mall of America? They have a Hooters!":rolleyes:

sharlan 07-21-2011 04:11 PM

My 4 yo found that bag of marshmallows on the counter and was eating them. My husband asked him where he got the marshmallows. A looked at him square in the eyes and said, "From the marshmallow bag, where else" and walked away.

Auntie 07-21-2011 04:40 PM

The other day at work one of the daycare kids looks at me an she says Miss ______ you are so skinny. (I love that child) :)

sharlan 07-22-2011 01:40 PM

My 4 yo's mom just got out some applesauce and sat down to feed it to him.

He looked at her and said, "Oh, I've got a baaad feeling about this."

GretasLittleFriends 07-22-2011 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by sharlan:
My 4 yo's mom just got out some applesauce and sat down to feed it to him.

He looked at her and said, "Oh, I've got a baaad feeling about this."

Is it wrong if my first thought was "Huh... He must have been watching Star Wars lately, as Hans Solo is notorious for that saying..." LOL My DS 6 almost 7 is a self-proclaimed Star Wars Geek. :D

GretasLittleFriends 07-22-2011 06:08 PM

I have a set of twins (not identical) here tonight. They are drop-ins and usually have a different daycare provider.

They recently celebrated their 6th birthday. Here's how the conversation went:

Me: How was your birthday?
Them: Good
Me: How do you like being 6?
Them: Both answer kind of an mumble, shrug it off type answer.
My DD15: When was their birthday?
Me: July **
DD: They have the same birthday?
Me: They're twins (with a look of you didn't just say that did you????)

She cracks me up sometimes... Scary thing is she was serious.

sharlan 07-22-2011 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by GretasLittleFriends:
Is it wrong if my first thought was "Huh... He must have been watching Star Wars lately, as Hans Solo is notorious for that saying..." LOL My DS 6 almost 7 is a self-proclaimed Star Wars Geek. :D

That's exactly where he got it from.

SilverSabre25 07-27-2011 11:01 AM

We were playing outside this morning and dcb 3 was hanging around me talking my ear off. The fact that only 50%ish of what he says is intelligible doesn't stop this kid, lol.

So anyway, I was holding my 7 week old.
DCB: "That's your baby!"
Me: "Yep, it sure is."
DCB: "You buyed him at the store, did you?"
Me: "No, sweetie, babies don't come form the store."
DCB: "Oh, you got him in the jungle! Babies come in the jungle!"
Me: :confused: :lol:

I can't WAIT to relate this conversation to dcm tonight

Auntie 07-27-2011 01:45 PM

last winter when my great nephew was 3 he was watching the birds at the bird feeder. Most of the birds were grayish in color and then there was a beautiful red cardinal that flew to the feeder. He said my mother-in-law grandma, who painted that bird?

daycare 07-27-2011 01:52 PM

Happy Meals, if only

Well it was not today, it was last night. My family eats a weird diet on a daily basis. Well of course my 3 yr old son sees at Mc Donalds commerical and says wow mom I want one of those happy meals. So I called my hubby to ask if it was ok. I might be a health freak, but it's america and I don't think it would hurt once or twice a year.

So off we go in the car to Mc Donalds. I pull up to the drive around and we are at a menu sign. I honestly have not been to a Mc Donalds since my college days, so I was not sure what they had.

So as I am reading the menu sign to my 3 year old, I ask him do you want a hamburger or chicken strips... His reply:
I would like to have steak and shrimp with corn. So I have to tell him they don't have that here. He gets really upset and is whinning..... I talk him into french fries, which I am not too sure he has ever had before from a restaurant/ quick food.

So we end up with a milkshake and a small order of fries. He takes two bites of fries and says mommy I want to take them back.....

so we went home and ate dinner there.

Country Kids 07-27-2011 02:25 PM

I have a set of twins (not identical) here tonight. They are drop-ins and usually have a different daycare provider.

They recently celebrated their 6th birthday. Here's how the conversation went:

Me: How was your birthday?
Them: Good
Me: How do you like being 6?
Them: Both answer kind of an mumble, shrug it off type answer.
My DD15: When was their birthday?
Me: July **
DD: They have the same birthday?
Me: They're twins (with a look of you didn't just say that did you????)

She cracks me up sometimes... Scary thing is she was serious.

This soooo reminds me of my daughter but she was about 12 or 13. We have some friends that have a daughter the same age as ours and they always were in sports together. Our friends are as white as white can be and they adopted their daughter as an infant and she is as asian as asian can be. Anyway my daughter looked a me one day when we were eating and said "Did you know ****** was adopted?" After I about choaked I camly said "Really, why would you say that?" I had tears running down my face from trying not to laugh. My daughter had just then noticed the difference in her and her parents. What I did get out of all this is that we were doing a great job raising our children not to see the differences in people. To them everyone looked the same and the world was one big happy place.:Sunny:

daycare 07-27-2011 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Country Kids:
This soooo reminds me of my daughter but she was about 12 or 13. We have some friends that have a daughter the same age as ours and they always were in sports together. Our friends are as white as white can be and they adopted their daughter as an infant and she is as asian as asian can be. Anyway my daughter looked a me one day when we were eating and said "Did you know ****** was adopted?" After I about choaked I camly said "Really, why would you say that?" I had tears running down my face from trying not to laugh. My daughter had just then noticed the difference in her and her parents. What I did get out of all this is that we were doing a great job raising our children not to see the differences in people. To them everyone looked the same and the world was one big happy place.:Sunny:

I am so happy to hear read both of your post....my daughter who is 13 is just like this and I thought for awhile that there was something wrong with her.... there are so many things that have happened like this that I cant even think of one to write down....lol

awweee I think its the age.....

childcarebytori 07-29-2011 09:41 PM

While taking photos of dck's for my August newsletter, dcg (4yo) does a fun pose and says:

"Is this for my facebook?"

sharlan 08-01-2011 01:35 PM

As I've posted today, my 3 yo is in rare form. Knowing this, I offered him 3 of his favorite choices for lunch and told him to pick one.

He looks me square in the eye and says "It doesn't matter what you fix, I'm not going to eat it anyways." At least he's honest.

MommyMuffin 08-01-2011 03:51 PM

Geico commercial: A woman leaving her daycare center and she is talking about getting a deal on daycare because it is run by robots. LOL You gotta see it. The robot gives a girl a juice box and squeezes it in her face.

kidkair 08-02-2011 12:07 PM

One of my kids asked me today if I have boobs while stroking her mom's breast. After a quick laugh I said 'Yes, I do.' Her mom states that she's going to go right that one down and on the way out the kids very excited tells her mom that I have boobs. :) Kids are awesome!

SilverSabre25 08-03-2011 09:13 AM

Gee...I wonder which of you is responsible?

I had to answer the door briefly this morning (up six steps from the playroom and within sight of most of it, but my back was turned). When I got back down there, my two dcks had gotten into the art stuff and were playing with a massive amount of pipe cleaners. I gasped and one looked at me like a deer in the headlights. The other dropped to the floor behind the art table and tried to crawl under it. Gee, i wonder which (NUMBER TWO) of you decided to get into that stuff?

sharlan 08-03-2011 04:39 PM

I called my 15 yo down to help me clean the kitchen. It's a bit cluttery from the day, but not bad.

She takes one look and asks, "What happened in here, it was clean last night? Do I have to sweep the floor again, I mopped it last night?"

Uh, life happened and yes, you have to sweep the floor again.

Childminder 08-03-2011 05:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Went into the next room to answer the door. Children were playing with rubber stamps and WASHABLE ink pads. :eek: The little darlin went home tinted a nice pale green. :rolleyes: 30 seconds outta site, that's all I was gone and btw, this kid is 4.25yrs. :lol:

Attachment 533

PitterPatter 08-07-2011 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Childminder:
Went into the next room to answer the door. Children were playing with rubber stamps and WASHABLE ink pads. :eek: The little darlin went home tinted a nice pale green. :rolleyes: 30 seconds outta site, that's all I was gone and btw, this kid is 4.25yrs. :lol:

Attachment 533

OMG he looks like the Green Goblin off of Spiderman!! :lol:

What did Mom say????

AnneCordelia 08-07-2011 05:23 PM

DD, "You can be the daddy and I'll be the mommy."

DCB3, "I the daddy! *puts on deep voice* I'mma drive my car! Where's my wallet? Where's my keys? Where's my damn pants, Susan*?!"

*DCM's name

sharlan 08-15-2011 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by AnneCordelia:
DD, "You can be the daddy and I'll be the mommy."

DCB3, "I the daddy! *puts on deep voice* I'mma drive my car! Where's my wallet? Where's my keys? Where's my damn pants, Susan*?!"

*DCM's name

Out of the mouth's of babes.

sharlan 08-15-2011 09:29 PM

I was really cranky today and the boys were driving me totally bonkers. I looked at the boys and said, "Why, why can't you two just be calm, quiet, and behave for 5 minutes?" The 3 yo looked me dead in the eyes and said, "Because we're boys and that's just what boys do."

This was after the 4 yo spilled over a bowl of blueberries this morning, sending them all over the kitchen floor and I stepped on 4 of them while trying to clean them up.

This afternoon, they were playing in the sand tables, then started playing in the dirt to find "meteors" (rocks). They were both pretty grubby and I said that I needed to take the hose to them and wash them off. The both ran off behind me. I was talking to Daddy #2 when I heard the water. The 4 yo grabbed the hose and the 3 yo turned the faucet on so the 4 yo could give himself a shower outside. All I could do was shake my head and turn off the water.

laundrymom 08-16-2011 11:08 AM

I turned around to find the 4 yr old dancing very stiff robot jerky like and bouncing around yelling ROCK LOBSTER!!!! LALALA. ROCK LOBSTER!!!!!

Cat Herder 08-16-2011 02:00 PM

Busted!!!!

Got a quick phone call from a Grandparent of one of my DCK's.

It seems during a lunch outing with her daughter (my DCM) she was being told all about how difficult it was trying to potty train one and break the other from a bottle at the same time.

The conversation went on for a while before her grandson (my 2.5 yo DCB) threw his hands up in the air and said "I don't see any cheese!!".

Yep, you guessed it..I say that all the time when he starts whining....:p

sharlan 08-25-2011 03:01 PM

I was making my 4 yo a slushie in the Ninja, which is really loud. He came up and hugged my leg, telling me, "It's ok Grandma, don't be afraid. I'll be right here holding you." Loud noises really upset him.

MommyMuffin 08-26-2011 10:31 AM

So at lunch dcb says "I want hot dogs and mac n cheese." They were having eggs and hashbrown and fruit. I told him maybe next week. I dont like to make it cuz I'm on the food program and would have to make the mac n cheese homemade and the kids like kraft way better anyways.
So they dont eat mac n cheese here.

You know what? After lunch they laid down for nap and what did I just start eating for lunch...mac and cheese n hot dogs. :o

I feel guilty...but nummy I love it!

GretasLittleFriends 08-30-2011 02:45 PM

My DD(16) and DCB(3) were playing with a few action figures (Ninja Turtle and Buzz Lightyear).

DCB: "Hi! What are you?"
DD: "I'm a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle."
DCB: *Piew piew* (Buzz lightyear shot his laser at the turtle) "Ha! Now you're dead."
DD: "Oh, well, what's your name?"
DCB: "I'm Buzz Lightyear and I come in peace."

SilverSabre25 08-30-2011 09:35 PM

My DD(16) and DCB(3) were playing with a few action figures (Ninja Turtle and Buzz Lightyear).

DCB: "Hi! What are you?"
DD: "I'm a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle."
DCB: *Piew piew* (Buzz lightyear shot his laser at the turtle) "Ha! Now you're dead."
DD: "Oh, well, what's your name?"
DCB: "I'm Buzz Lightyear and I come in peace."

ha! That's great.

Michelle 09-03-2011 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by sharlan:
I was making my 4 yo a slushie in the Ninja, which is really loud. He came up and hugged my leg, telling me, "It's ok Grandma, don't be afraid. I'll be right here holding you." Loud noises really upset him.

aw!!!
that's so cute!
I wish I was a grandma!

Michelle 09-03-2011 04:09 PM

I just finished end of summer cleaning (washed down all the fake trees and silk flowers in my house) so I can start the school year fresh .
So, my very "observant" dd came in and said "wow! is that a new tree?"
:D:D
I said "no, I just washed it"
Kids are such a joy! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

sharlan 09-07-2011 07:02 PM

We picked up the 4 yo from preschool today, headed to the mall to buy him some new shoes. As I'm driving down the freeway I hear, from the backseat, "I'm starving..........Guys, I'm starving, I'm starving, Guys." Silence for a second, "Is anybody going to feed me. I'm starving."

Since he barely spoke 6 mos ago, I love it. Yes, we did stop at McD's on the way to pick his cousin up from school.