Daycare.com Forum
First ... 4 5 6 7 8 16  ... Last

Daycare.com Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daycare Center and Family Home Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The FUNNY Thread - What Made You Laugh Today? (https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27663)

queenbee 10-26-2011 06:31 PM

Dcg3: "Ms.Tee, I'm going to be a mermaid for Halloween".

Me: "That sounds like a great costume Dcg."

Dcg3: "Yeah. But my daddy has to cut off one of my legs because I only need one leg for my costume." :eek:

:lol::lol::lol:

Hunni Bee 11-01-2011 10:14 AM

We went on a walk today to look for signs of Fall.

Me: this is a holly berry bush. When it gets loaded with berries like that, you know it's going to be a cold winter.

DCB4: you mean like Halle Berry?

Me: :confused: no...that tree is called...hey look! A chipmunk!

hoopinglady 11-04-2011 07:07 AM

Acting out Halloween stuff.

The older kids have started walking around with arms outstretched saying "I'm a zooooombie"

My "too cute for words" two year old tries to copy them, saying I'm a zombie in his little baby way with arms doing a zombie like/wheels on the bus thing. :lol::lol: so scary! :lol:

Also they pretend to be "panfires" (vampires)

BigMama 11-04-2011 10:50 AM

DCB (3) puts together a difficult puzzle.
Me: "Wow, DCB! That is a tricky puzzle! I bet it was hard to put together!"
DCB: "No, it was soft." :lol:

mommiesherie 11-08-2011 09:43 AM

miss sherie there is a catapillar in my mouth!!

A 4 year old came running up to me on playground saying "miss sherie there is a catapillar in my mouth!". I say "oh my let me see". She opens her moth wide and I see nothing at all. I say" I don't see a catapillar". She replies with a smile "I swallowed it". I ask "why did you swallow It?". With a look on her face that said I was insane she replied "because it was in my mouth!!!!" Then ran off to play. Lol I had to tell dad when he picked her up that I was pretty sure she ate a catapillar that day. Hahahah

Unregistered 11-08-2011 10:41 AM

I'm registered, just logged out.
DCM comes in this morning and says DCD asked DCG what she did yesterday. She replied I went to the lady doctor. He was like WHAT? He asked her again and she replied the same thing! DCM had to explain that we took the dog, Lady, to the vet:) We did not go to the "lady doctor"!

Sunchimes 11-12-2011 12:43 PM

I only had 1 dck today, the 15 month old that is like part of the family. I took advantage of the Saturday (almost) off, and we went to some garage sales to look for toys. One was way out in the county.

Let me back up a minute. Since dck was an infant, her favorite book has been one of animals. I point to them, say "cow", ask what a cow says, you know the drill. She has reached the point that when I ask where the cow is, she can point to it and moo. At the garage sale, there was a herd of cows behind the workshop where they had the sale. She looked up, saw the cows, and Moo-ed at them. The whole crowd burst out laughing.

And to make it better, I found a toy storage unit that is on my Christmas wish list. $54 at amazon, I paid $10!! Yea!!

SilverSabre25 11-15-2011 09:59 AM

"DCG, what color crayon do you want me to use?" [I was writing her name]

"The marshmallow," was her answer, pointing to the crayons. :confused::confused::lol:

Also from today, "We do NOT throw cucumbers!"

AmyLeigh 11-15-2011 10:18 AM

DCB: Amy, did God make pirhanas?

Me: Yes.

DCB: A (my son) said people make pirhanas!

Me: A, you know the God created all of the fish.

A: No, not the fish, the pirhanas you hit with a bat.

Me: What?

A: Yeah, people hit them and candy comes out!

Me: Oh, you mean pinatas. Yes, people made pinatas.

Then we commenced a deep spiritual conversation about God's creation versus what people have made. Gotta love 5 yo boys!

Unregistered 11-15-2011 06:14 PM

Logged out on purpose

New DCG (2.5) started yesterday, came in with a bottle full of chocolate milk. Youngest of 3 kids.

Dad: We are working on transitioning her to a sippy cup.
Me: Ok, well, I have sippy cups, so we will try those today. What is in the bottle?
Dad: That is chocolate milk.
Me: How does she like regular milk?
Dad: (Weird look on his face) Um, I'm not sure, we've never tried. We make it with ovaltine so it has extra vitamins and such, it's not the sugary crap like nesquick or hersheys.
Me: Oh, ok. (Nodding my head, trying to comprehend how a 2.5yr old child has never had plain milk with the exception of formula, yet keeping a "this is normal and I totally understand" look on my face).

Guess who drank plain milk out of a sippy cup?! Parents make me laugh sometimes...

dave4him 11-16-2011 05:49 PM

A few days ago i took my daugther to Victoria Secret to buy something nice for mommy for Christmas. This evening she was referencing such item while we were driving to the movie place to pick up our tickets for Breaking Dawn. In trying to explain what item of clothing she was speaking of she said, you know the thing mommy puts on her boobies. I couldnt stop laughing. she she tried to get me to stop laughing by saying something else equally funny i wont repeat. Anyway thats my five year old for you :)

BigMama 11-18-2011 09:28 AM

Me sternly to DCB age 2.5: "R., how did your corn on the cob end up on G.'s plate?"
DCB: "It flew over there!"

Also from this morning:
Me as I lift DCG, 2, onto the changing table: "Oh, you are getting to be a big girl!"
DCG: "No I am not. I am little."
Me: "How little?"
DCG: "Teeny tiny like a little diamond!" :lol:

SilverSabre25 11-18-2011 10:16 AM

DCB 3 was standing on the stairs as I was answering the door.

DCB: "Ding dong, ding dong! I'm a ding-dong!"

I about fell over laughing. oh, children and their double entendres!

dave4him 11-18-2011 01:01 PM

My DD was riding her bike in the driveway while i cleaned the garage, she got off, grabbed some chalk, and said 'im going to play hopscotch, but im leaving my helmet on in case i fall down."

didnt realize how dangerous the game had become since i was a kid

Kaddidle Care 11-18-2011 04:39 PM

One little boy came in with a funny scab right across his nose. I asked him what happened and he said "I filed it with a nail file!" :lol::p It about put me in histerics - mainly because it would have been a stunt my oldest son would have done if he had the chance. :ouch:

Zoe 11-21-2011 09:59 AM

So we're making our "thankful for..." baskets with leaves glued on saying what the kids are thankful for. My one dcg3 has a great start. She's saying all of the members of her family, her house....then she must be getting bored and off-task because the last two thankfuls are for her feet and stairs! :lol::lol::lol:

I put it on there! She's thankful to have feet and stairs. :ouch:

mema 11-22-2011 07:47 AM

2DCB's where talking about the Statue of Liberty and asked where she came from. I looked it up to double check and show them a picture. I said she was a gift from France. Without missing a beat, the both said, "San Francisco!!!" I said, huh?:confused::confused::confused: Forgetting relatives just visited San Francisco!

Michelle 12-08-2011 10:53 AM

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb...742602865.html

Check out the picture of the kid on the cot sleeping!

Sunchimes 12-12-2011 01:27 PM

Does this mean I probably won't get a Christmas bonus? Every single day for the last 10 days or so, dcm has stood around talking at pick up or drop-off (not unusual), telling me their money problems. Baby due in Jan and they are having to pay so much a week to cover what insurance didn't pay, hubby's car in the shop for major repairs, dental surgery, Christmas, yada yada yada. They've never failed to pay me, so I'm not really concerned about that. I can't figure out why the money issues or why she's telling me. Two people with good jobs living in a small town should be doing just fine.

I realized today that she was setting me up so that I wouldn't expect anything for Christmas. :lol: I've known her long enough that I'm not expecting anything, so she doesn't have to tell me her financial issues. ;-)

Luna 12-14-2011 05:05 PM

I figured out a couple of days ago one of my dcbs has a bizarre idea of what firefighters do. He was telling me about his home and they have a fireplace, and the firemen will come and put fire in it...they will park the firetruck and fire will come out of the hoses. I told him if there is a fire where we don't want one the firemen will come and put water on it and put it out. He looked at me like I had two heads. "What???? Put water on it???" We need to have a talk :ouch:

kidkair 12-15-2011 12:59 PM

My 3 year old "making" holy guacamole :)

Blackcat31 12-15-2011 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Michelle:
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb...742602865.html

Check out the picture of the kid on the cot sleeping!

OMG! That is too funny!! :lol::lol:

Michelle 12-15-2011 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
OMG! That is too funny!! :lol::lol:

I just don't know why little Johnny is running around so wild every day!

Blackcat31 12-15-2011 02:42 PM

Check these out! http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/45643760/

I think my favorite is the use of the Magna Doodle! :lol::lol:

SilverSabre25 12-19-2011 01:58 PM

-dcb's mom arrived. "DCB, it's time to go!"
-DCB: "No! I want to play!"
-Used to this, dcm and I take the chance to chat for a few moments. Another dcp arrives. I tell the kids to start cleaning up the outdoor toys. I tell dcb to clean up.
-dcb drops what he's playing with and trots right over to his mom, saying brightly, "I can't! It's time for me to go home!"

Haha, nice try, Mr. Slick! Yeah, I don't think so. DCM backed me up and after a prolonged scream-fit, he managed to put away several toys and go home.

Sunchimes 12-22-2011 11:05 AM

Good grief, it's a reindeer!

About 4 or 5 years ago, my youngest granddaughter gave us a ceramic tile with her hand prints and a footprint on it. I use it as a hot pad, and it has sat on top of my microwave all these years. I use it many, many times a week.

With all the dc crafts I've looked at and all the talk here, I guess it finally penetrated the fog. I was cleaning it this morning and suddenly said, "Oh my goodness, it's a reindeer."

It never dawned on me that it was anything but a footprint, but now, it's crystal clear. I feel sort of silly. ;-)

DCMom 12-22-2011 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Sunchimes:
About 4 or 5 years ago, my youngest granddaughter gave us a ceramic tile with her hand prints and a footprint on it. I use it as a hot pad, and it has sat on top of my microwave all these years. I use it many, many times a week.

With all the dc crafts I've looked at and all the talk here, I guess it finally penetrated the fog. I was cleaning it this morning and suddenly said, "Oh my goodness, it's a reindeer."

It never dawned on me that it was anything but a footprint, but now, it's crystal clear. I feel sort of silly. ;-)

This cracked me up! I always wonder if the parents know what I'm going for when those crafts go home...

Sunchimes 12-23-2011 06:41 PM

My 15 month old dcg isn't talking yet. She jabbers all the time, but nothing is recognizable. She will come up to you, and start "talking", sometimes she is serious, sometimes, she look angry, sometimes, she looks like she's your best friend talking over a cup of tea. Today, she came up, talked for about 15 seconds, then tossed her hand up in the air, threw her head back, and laughed like crazy. She has a great laugh, very contagious. I have no idea what tale she was sharing, but I'm sorry I didn't understand. It probably would have made my day.

AmyLeigh 01-03-2012 01:10 PM

In the middle of playing a game, 4 yo dcb stops and says:

"Michael Jackson is DEAD! He really is!!"

Nobody else besides me even knows WHO Michael Jackson was! :lol::lol:

MissKim 01-04-2012 10:22 AM

DCG 5 whispers something to DCG 4 about Barbies. She finishes with, "they really can do that." and they giggle.
This worries me a bit, so I asked dcg 5 what she said. She said, "Um...I said...um...wait...I said...um...wait...sigh...I said...." So now I'm scared. I said, why don't you whisper it to me.
She comes over and says, "I said, Barbies can fall in love."lovethis

GretasLittleFriends 01-10-2012 09:04 AM

DCB3, DCB3, DCG2 were playing under the kitchen table. DD1 was walking around the outside of the table tapping the kitchen chairs and growling. This was going on for about a minute, then oldest dcb exclaims "Oh no, the dragon is attacking the castle!!"

I think he was the only one who saw the table and chairs as a castle, and my dd as a dragon, but it was just adorable.

GretasLittleFriends 01-10-2012 01:40 PM

"Once when I was born, I was little like a monkey, and I climbed up a tree." ~DCB3 (Same one who thought dragons were attacking his castle in the previous post) :D

countrymom 01-11-2012 07:15 AM

yesterday I got new gravol poured in the driveway. Well now that you walk on it, the shoes are filled with white powder. So today, dcm (she was in an accident 2 houses down from me, when she was side swiped) she came in to borrow wire cutters to cut the mirror off, so I put on my shoes and was to the cupboard to get my keys for the shed. I came inside to the kids staring at the foot prints left on the floor, they were excited because they told me that a dinasour was in my house. Gee, I didn't think I had big feet.

greenhouse 01-11-2012 08:05 AM

My 2 year old has a new habit of holding juice in his mouth a really long time- yesterday he came over to my cup of tea with his mouth full and made a deposit. :p

countrymom 01-11-2012 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by greenhouse:
My 2 year old has a new habit of holding juice in his mouth a really long time- yesterday he came over to my cup of tea with his mouth full and made a deposit. :p

:eek:barf!

Springdaze 01-15-2012 10:38 AM

watching Daddy Daycare! I told my kids, whatever makes them laugh in this movie is how my whole life is!!!!!!! They must have done their reseach for this movie! Its right on!

GretasLittleFriends 01-15-2012 11:18 AM

Not exactly daycare, but still struck my funny bone this morning.

My younger dd will be 2 in the end of April. Her language is expanding in leaps and bounds lately. Something she has recently learned is to put her hands on her cheeks and say "Oh My". Sitting in church this morning, I have realized that she also uses that statement appropriately.

During children's time this morning, our pastor had a small globe (baseball sized) and was holding it cupped in her hands and says "God has the whole world in his hands like this". My daughter holds her hands up to her cheeks and says "Oh My". Of course, this did bring a few giggles from people who saw/heard it.

SilverSabre25 01-24-2012 08:53 AM

From one of my daycare boys: "Just a minute, I'm toying this!" (playing with something)

Sunchimes 01-26-2012 08:44 AM

My knees left me a message

I found a message on my desk this morning. It's from my knees.

Dear Sunni,
You are too old to crawl around the floor pushing a truck and making vroom, vroom noises. Just saying. Stop it now or I will seek revenge.

Your (aged) Knees

dave4him 01-27-2012 12:15 PM

My Avery came home from preschool the other day with a coupon from a tax company in town, Liberty Tax services. It has a pic of lady liberty on it, guess one of her classmates has a parent who works there. Anyway, she thought it was a coupon for a Taxi ride to New York to see the Statue of Liberty! Too funny