Daycare.com Forum

Daycare.com Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daycare Center and Family Home Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Facebook Page? (https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19473)

SilverSabre25 09-18-2010 10:19 PM

Facebook Page?

Does anyone have a facebook page for their child care? If so, what do you use it for? Do parents like it? When you created it, what subheading of "local business" did you put it under (education, home service, professional service, others?)?

I hope I'm not being annoying. :)

kendallina 09-19-2010 06:23 AM

I started a facebook page for my preschool, but then had parents that were concerned about their children's pics being on facebook (even though all the privacy settings were set). If I remember correctly, under the business setting you cannot make pics private, so I put it under community organization (I think that's what it was called).

In the end, I decided a website would be better (for me and my families) because I could password protect some pages specifically for the parents and keep other pages public for those interested in my business.

DBug 09-19-2010 10:21 AM

I made a static facebook page for my daycare, because my computer tech husband suggested that any additional internet presence linking to my website would increase the chances of my website being found when people searched for daycare in my area. I only have one friend/member and I don't update it at all. I don't know if it really does help, but it certainly can't hurt :lol:

momofsix 09-19-2010 02:33 PM

I just creaated a facebook page last week. What I did was create a 'group" and I didn't use call it a business, i think it's under "just for fun". It's private, only those who send me a request to join the group have access to the page. So far the parents have loved it! i try to update with new pics every few days.

tenderhearts 09-19-2010 03:33 PM

I originally started my facebook to help promote my business and I started it out with just being a "daycare" thing but then it became more than that. I do put on there when I have an opening so if anyone knows of anyone that needs care send them my way. My website address on there as well. I have had friends refer people to me, so the at least my daycare is getting out there. I did it because I wanted my daycare to come up on all the search engines and I was told facebook was a great way for that. It took only about a month and now if someone is searching daycares in my area, my daycare comes up on the first page, almost the first listing. It's pretty cool.

Preschool/daycare teacher 09-19-2010 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by tenderhearts:
I originally started my facebook to help promote my business and I started it out with just being a "daycare" thing but then it became more than that. I do put on there when I have an opening so if anyone knows of anyone that needs care send them my way. My website address on there as well. I have had friends refer people to me, so the at least my daycare is getting out there. I did it because I wanted my daycare to come up on all the search engines and I was told facebook was a great way for that. It took only about a month and now if someone is searching daycares in my area, my daycare comes up on the first page, almost the first listing. It's pretty cool.

Do you have your daycare as the regular facebook account, or a group? Do you have your Daycare name as the facebook profile name (if it's a regular facebook account), or what do you call your group (if it's a group)?
I had been thinking about doing this, as well.

tenderhearts 09-19-2010 07:58 PM

No I have just my name and then under "info" I have In home daycare provider, with my website ect. I started out by putting pics of the kids and different things we did each day but none of my parents seemed interested, more like they didn't have time to go look so I still incorporate daycare stuff on it it's both now for personal and to go through my friends if they know of anyone in need of daycare.

Unregistered 09-24-2010 07:07 PM

I have a dedicated daycare directory site (www.padaycare.com) for Pennsylvania's providers and I have a facebook page. I just had to redo it because I wanted a more search engine friendly name. Facebook is a great way to tie into your existing website or get your name out in front of more potential clients. You can also create pages that look like your site within Facebook. I created a search engine for providers that link to my external site. If you are going to create a page make sure you like the name you pick. You cannot change it after you create it. I lost all of my "Likes". I hope this helps some of you providers.