Daycare.com Forum
First ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111  ... Last

Daycare.com Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daycare Center and Family Home Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Venting Thread (https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35057)

Blackcat31 06-05-2012 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Bookworm:
We had a parent come to us one morning asking for help with controlling her son's tantrums every morning. We gave her the usual advice: quick kisses and leave, give him wave at the window then get in her car and leave. The thing is, DCB only does this because she feeds into it and he can get what he wants. With us however, is is an angel.

Fast forward to this morning. DCB comes in acting like a newborn fool. Jumping up and down screaming yanking on mom arm begging to be picked up. One of the teachers went over to DCB and told him to stop it. She told him that he is too big to act like that and he's big enough to walk in by himself. She gave him a tissue, told him to give mom a kiss and took his hand to walk him to the window to say goodbye. Well, my Director called us (3 teachers) in the office. She told us DCB's mom was highly offended because DCB was called out on his actions and she felt we ganged up on her and we didn't respect her son's right to have a tantrum. We burst out laughing. She also put in her notice because we don't respect her son's rights and she doesn't feel comfortable leaving him with people who don't respect him. We are slowly but surely weeding out the crazy.

...there are no words :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sugar Magnolia 06-05-2012 10:19 AM

What are these parents thinking?!

I had a family tour last week. They said they liked the place and wanted to sign up. Had an appointment set for friday to sign paperwork. No show, but did call to reschedule for monday, no show or call. Mom shows up with child in tow, no paperwork, just expecting to drop him off. Rude! I turned them away. Ugh. Now they want to start tomorrow. I should jettison them now!

AmyLeigh 06-06-2012 09:54 AM

I must be the last person who thinks PG 13 movies are inappropriate for preschoolers. Every week someone comes in bragging about a movie I won't allow my children to watch.

On a side note, Dh's back is worse this week and I am stressed out watching him be in so much pain. I don't know if I should scream, cry or throw up.

countrymom 06-06-2012 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by AmyLeigh:
I must be the last person who thinks PG 13 movies are inappropriate for preschoolers. Every week someone comes in bragging about a movie I won't allow my children to watch.

On a side note, Dh's back is worse this week and I am stressed out watching him be in so much pain. I don't know if I should scream, cry or throw up.

yes, about the movie thing. I have a newly turned 4 yr old who plays very violent xbox games and the language is unreal. They let him play what he wants and watch what he wants just so he leaves them alone.

pootmcgoot 06-06-2012 02:09 PM

Well dcb has eczema that dcm is oblivious to. He also has a cold. I'm steaming him in the bathroom then sucking his nose/throat. The steam has flared his eczema. His face and neck are bright red and angry! I've treated it with ointment and cold compresses. Still looks bad. I hope when dcm gets here that she's not mad cuz he looks horrible!

Lyss 06-06-2012 09:54 PM

Say What?!

Ugh! Been working with DCP of my resident screamer, to hopefully avoid termination, and they've been really good about working with DCG (6mo) at home (not holding her 24/7, putting her down to sleep instead of holding...) so we've made progress but this week has been terrible! I'm honest with DCP about her days and today DCD says to me "well we've done our part, guess your doing something she doesn't like- Maybe it's nanny cam time"

I'm pretty sure he was joking (he has a weird sense of humor), but seriously?! :eek:

BusyBee 06-07-2012 11:11 AM

Oh, how I wish I could just quit my job. :( Or at least term all my SA...

My mantra for the day is supposed to be "I'm happy and I love my job." It lasted through lunch at least...

jokalima 06-08-2012 02:32 PM

OHHH! I have this little girl that is driving me crazy, she only wants to bother her friends, hit them, take their toys away, and if I offer one of the same toy so there is no fighting she does not want the one I offer her, she wants the one the others are using. If the kids are playing nicely she goes and hits them just because, I call her name like a thousands times and she ignores me, I finally end up raising my voice and she keeps ignoring me, if I go next to her so she can look at me she smiles like she is being funny!:mad:

Oh I can't stand her, is that to bad for me to say? What can I do?

jokalima 06-08-2012 02:42 PM

AHH and another thing, if I send a plastic bag with puked clothes in it why on earth would you send the bag back to me? Just throw it the trash!:eek:

littlemisssunshine 06-08-2012 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by AmyLeigh:
How is it that I can make snack, put it out on the table, tell the kids snack is ready and they don't notice....yet if I quietly take a bite out of my personal chocolate stash, they surround me within seconds asking for some??

hahaha EXACTLY!!! I TOO WONDER THIS

queenbee 06-11-2012 06:51 PM

My 13mo daycare baby came back today from a week long vacation of being taken care of by her grandparents.

:eek::eek::eek:

If I could, I would ban all grandparents from visiting my daycare kids during the week. Only on weekends are they allowed to spoil their grandbabies up on sugar, love and spoiled rotten-ness.

It doesn't help that this baby screams like she's being murdered. I had four neighbors come to check up on the noise today :rolleyes:

Ahhh.....Mondays.

BumbleBee 06-11-2012 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by jokalima:
AHH and another thing, if I send a plastic bag with puked clothes in it why on earth would you send the bag back to me? Just throw it the trash!:eek:

This has happened to me before when I worked in a center. All I can say is YUCK!

Bookworm 06-12-2012 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by littlemisssunshine:
hahaha EXACTLY!!! I TOO WONDER THIS

How about Yemen you bring something in that you are 1000% percent sure that they will hate (olives or hummus), you give in to the begging and let them taste it and they love it and ask for it all the time. I'm all for them trying new thing but does it have to be my things.;)

Unregistered 06-12-2012 06:29 PM

I think I may need a break from daycare and maybe a break from everything! I ran to the grocery tonight (late) after giving my final warning to a dcp about being late.I charged them 45 dollars and told them it WAS their last warning.
So already in a bad mood I head to the grocery and some guy swipes my car as he's pulling into the parking spot besides me.
I got out and tried to stay calm but he went off,yelling and cussing about it because it was a brand new car. Again,I let him rant before I said anything because I knew what i would have to say would not be pretty.Well he must not of liked the smirk I had on my face because he grabbed my arm and said-"oh,you think this is funny,B*&^%!"
I'd like to say I could tell you exactly what happened after that but I WENT OFF!!! I punched this guy in the throat,threw him to the ground(somehow?) and kicked him.I completely lost it.I am not a violent person in any way so I don't know what happened but I guess I went into protection mode.The police came and I thought I was going to get arrested for sure but they had it all on camera where he grabbed my arm.I can't believe this happened.I'm still in shock.What shocks me the most is I was so mad I wanted to kill this man.I have never felt like this in my life.
He kept saying he wanted to press charges,the police officer told him to shut up before he charged him with more stuff.
It was wild! What a night! I can't even go to sleep now I'm still so worked uo but I'm almost ashamed of my reaction to tell anybody.So that's why I'm putting it under vent!

Buxterboo 06-14-2012 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I think I may need a break from daycare and maybe a break from everything! I ran to the grocery tonight (late) after giving my final warning to a dcp about being late.I charged them 45 dollars and told them it WAS their last warning.
So already in a bad mood I head to the grocery and some guy swipes my car as he's pulling into the parking spot besides me.
I got out and tried to stay calm but he went off,yelling and cussing about it because it was a brand new car. Again,I let him rant before I said anything because I knew what i would have to say would not be pretty.Well he must not of liked the smirk I had on my face because he grabbed my arm and said-"oh,you think this is funny,B*&^%!"
I'd like to say I could tell you exactly what happened after that but I WENT OFF!!! I punched this guy in the throat,threw him to the ground(somehow?) and kicked him.I completely lost it.I am not a violent person in any way so I don't know what happened but I guess I went into protection mode.The police came and I thought I was going to get arrested for sure but they had it all on camera where he grabbed my arm.I can't believe this happened.I'm still in shock.What shocks me the most is I was so mad I wanted to kill this man.I have never felt like this in my life.
He kept saying he wanted to press charges,the police officer told him to shut up before he charged him with more stuff.
It was wild! What a night! I can't even go to sleep now I'm still so worked uo but I'm almost ashamed of my reaction to tell anybody.So that's why I'm putting it under vent!

Good for you! Im glad you stood up for yourself! A grown person should NEVER grab someone like that. I hope that I would have the courage to do the same thing you did!

ckjm 06-14-2012 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Unregistered:
why do you walk in my house talking about "yea, daddys off today, but mommys not!" and how your other kid has cavities so only give this one 100% juice no hawaiian punch. -- Its not, its crystal light, sugar free. ---still, just juice. grrrrr!!!!!!!

I've done in-home daycare for six years now have 3 boys of my own. My boys kept coming up with cavities even tho we were brushing regularly. The dentist asked what the boys usually drank. I said milk, water, & crystal light. I too felt that crystal light was much better to give your children. The dentist immediately corrected me & said that is a common misconception because it's sugar free, however, the acids in crystal light can be more harming to your teeth then letting your child drink koolaid or pop!! who would've EVER thought! I immediately quit the crystal light products! Doesn't this parent know that if their little one is coming up with cavities, milk & water are always the best thing for their teeth!!

SilverSabre25 06-21-2012 05:19 AM

Minor vent today :P

I call myself "name" to the kids and parents. I have had a couple of parents refer to me as "Miss Name" but the kids never caught on to it, thank goodness (I HATE it)

DCB has been out for most of a month (mom had some major health issues and was out of work). He came back calling me Miss Name or Grammy. :lol: Grammy I can live with (even though I'm 26) but Miss Name gets under my skin and is sooo annoying. Gah! Wonder how long it will take to break him of this...

AmyLeigh 06-21-2012 01:07 PM

DCM told her 2 boys that they may be moving out of town. Now, the 5 yo, whom I have worked very hard to bond with over the last year and a half, is behaving as if he hates me. Disobedient to no end, cops an attitude with everything I say, acting like a little punk, full blown tantrums, the whole enchilada. I can't help but wonder if the behavior and news go hand in hand. Today's field trip just about put me over the edge when the 5 yo peed in the bushes outside a city building!!! He "didn't know" that there were bathrooms inside or that he should have told me he had to go.
DCM hasn't said anything to me specifically about this, so I may ask her about it just for my own planning purposes. If they do move, all I would need to replace the income would be one FT preschooler. That would be nice. Peace would reign in my house again.

pootmcgoot 06-25-2012 04:05 AM

Yay screaming at 5 am ! He'll squawk his blood curdling scream for 30 seconds hush for 30 lather rinse repeat alll day. I pick him up and he still doesn't stop. He's showing me that putting frozen milk in the freezer before I take hm out of the car seat is unacceptable!

saved4always 06-25-2012 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by pootmcgoot:
Yay screaming at 5 am ! He'll squawk his blood curdling scream for 30 seconds hush for 30 lather rinse repeat alll day. I pick him up and he still doesn't stop. He's showing me that putting frozen milk in the freezer before I take hm out of the car seat is unacceptable!

That is the worst when they won't even stop crying if you pick them up. I hope that he gets over this stage for you asap!

Lyss 06-25-2012 12:56 PM

Sleep please!!

UGH! our neighbors (by neighbors I mean the people a block away) partied until 2am when the police finally shut them down. The noise was terrible! Kept me, my husband, and 6mo old up as well as most of the neighbors.

THEN...

after we had all successfully returned to sleep at 3:00am I hear a loud banging, pictures on our wall begin shaking, and we hear the sound of rushing water. Apparently there is a water main directly in front of our house (runs underneath) and it burst, sending water gushing across our lawn and down the street! So a city water crew shows up at 3:30am and begins cutting concrete and replacing the main.

And while that's going on the drunks from the party down the street (who where actually the ones that reported the burst main to the city first) come down and begin cussing out and trying to fight the city workers trying to fix the main, cop show up and there's a huge scuffle... more cops...

Finally at 6:00am the cops had carted the drunks away, the main was fixed, and all was quiet. So I got to sleep from 6:15 to 7:45 :( then up for DCKs to arrive.

I thought that was it! But wait it's not. The city just showed up to replace the temporary fix they placed on the main... DCK just went down for nap :mad: I can't wait for tomorrow!

Country Kids 06-25-2012 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Lyss:
UGH! our neighbors (by neighbors I mean the people a block away) partied until 2am when the police finally shut them down. The noise was terrible! Kept me, my husband, and 6mo old up as well as most of the neighbors.

THEN...

after we had all successfully returned to sleep at 3:00am I hear a loud banging, pictures on our wall begin shaking, and we hear the sound of rushing water. Apparently there is a water main directly in front of our house (runs underneath) and it burst, sending water gushing across our lawn and down the street! So a city water crew shows up at 3:30am and begins cutting concrete and replacing the main.

And while that's going on the drunks from the party down the street (who where actually the ones that reported the burst main to the city first) come down and begin cussing out and trying to fight the city workers trying to fix the main, cop show up and there's a huge scuffle... more cops...

Finally at 6:00am the cops had carted the drunks away, the main was fixed, and all was quiet. So I got to sleep from 6:15 to 7:45 :( then up for DCKs to arrive.

I thought that was it! But wait it's not. The city just showed up to replace the temporary fix they placed on the main... DCK just went down for nap :mad: I can't wait for tomorrow!

Our street sweeper ALWAYS goes by twice during naptime! It never has failed in 17 years.

BumbleBee 06-25-2012 04:25 PM

Not the time!

Busted my knee last night. Swollen and painful as heck. Can't bend it without shooting pain. Doctor said hairline fracture, just takes time to heal.

I've got sooooo much to do between now and August 20th. Not the best time to bust my knee up. Ice and ibprofen are only doing so much. Grrrrrrrr.

delferka 06-25-2012 06:48 PM

Maybe we all need to start drinking before the kids get here!!!!!!!:)

Bryce Polk 06-26-2012 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by Trummynme:
Busted my knee last night. Swollen and painful as heck. Can't bend it without shooting pain. Doctor said hairline fracture, just takes time to heal..

Anything injury related to your joints and your back, you always want to take it super easy. It imperative that your body gets the proper rest it needs so that you can heal. Knee injuries can bring a life time of random inconvenient spurts of pain & discompfort if not healed, treated, and rehabilitated properly.

rest, rest, rest

SilverSabre25 06-26-2012 03:30 PM

And now, for some hitting my head on the desk in a fit of frustration and woe. Let the pity party commence!

[pityparty]

yhuggtfgtfvgtfvbgvfbggfbvdfgvcdlkjsdffflsdasd;aslaef

[/pityparty]

I feel a little bit better at least...

SilverSabre25 06-26-2012 03:41 PM

...and then I realize that my Doorknob Head (aka "DH") left the kitchen gate open and the baby got in and destroyed another stick of butter. He got it all over himself, his hands, his face, his clothes, the table, the chair, the STAIRS, and the front door.

I think I need chocolate...or a stiff drink.

And I don't drink.

BumbleBee 06-26-2012 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:

And I don't drink.

Chocolate Martini, or a mudslide!

SilverSabre25 06-26-2012 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Trummynme:
Chocolate Martini, or a mudslide!

likethis I could go for a mudslide, lol. That sounds good. If only I had the capacity to go get one!

saved4always 06-27-2012 05:16 AM

...and then I realize that my Doorknob Head (aka "DH") left the kitchen gate open and the baby got in and destroyed another stick of butter. He got it all over himself, his hands, his face, his clothes, the table, the chair, the STAIRS, and the front door.

And I don't drink.

Chocolate martinis will fulfill both of those. ;) I hope your day gets better!

Bryce Polk 06-27-2012 07:45 AM

And now, for some hitting my head on the desk in a fit of frustration and woe. Let the pity party commence!

[pityparty]

yhuggtfgtfvgtfvbgvfbggfbvdfgvcdlkjsdffflsdasd;aslaef

[/pityparty]

I feel a little bit better at least...

I love internet humor, hahaha.. okay serious face.. -_-

Anyone plan on posting pics of their daycare in the daycare picture thread?

We got a photographer in today, for the kiddos.. its picture day XO..

It's hard not to fall inlove with these kids.. they soo "cuuuuute" ^_^

sahm2three 06-28-2012 09:11 AM

Dear Lord, please give me the strength to outlast my screamer today. He has really been at it this week and I am worn out. Thank you! And Amen!

I need a "banging my head against a wall" smilie.

Bryce Polk 06-28-2012 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by sahm2three:
I need a "banging my head against a wall" smilie.

HAHAHA.. good stuff ..

"I just signed up a new student for August" Yaaay.

I always take their non refundable pre-registration fees early. This way I can get an early commitment out of them not to mention the extra finances help with the summer lull..

I feel great, no venting from me...

Maybe its just me but everytime I "recruit" a new kiddo, i get butterflies:D... ^_^

Reminds me of why I got into the daycare business to begin with.

MyAngels 06-29-2012 05:18 PM

I spent the entire naptime today on the phone just trying to get ballpark quotes for a new central ac system for my house. Ours is okay, just old. Of course no one can just give me the info over the phone, they have to come out to give estimates. Oh well, their time to waste I suppose.

Meanwhile, my power went out for three hours during the hottest part of the hottest day of the summer (over 105 here). The reason? "Scheduled maintenance" by the power company. Seriously, you couldn't reschedule for a cooler day, or at least during a cooler part of the day :mad:? My house has finally cooled down to 80 degrees :(.

On the upside I'm making hubby take me out to dinner because I've suffered so today :).

BumbleBee 06-29-2012 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by MyAngels:

On the upside I'm making hubby take me out to dinner because I've suffered so today :).

Enjoy dinner! likethis

SilverSabre25 06-30-2012 05:23 AM

I spent the entire naptime today on the phone just trying to get ballpark quotes for a new central ac system for my house. Ours is okay, just old. Of course no one can just give me the info over the phone, they have to come out to give estimates. Oh well, their time to waste I suppose.

Meanwhile, my power went out for three hours during the hottest part of the hottest day of the summer (over 105 here). The reason? "Scheduled maintenance" by the power company. Seriously, you couldn't reschedule for a cooler day, or at least during a cooler part of the day :mad:? My house has finally cooled down to 80 degrees :(.

Yeah we had a massive storm roll through here last night and it blew out the power for almost 200,000 people in my county alone. Ours came back on at 2 AM but plenty of people might be without power for a week or more :eek:

I wanted to go out to dinner last night given the lack of power, but I was trapped here with four kids and no car to transport them in.

Hope you enjoyed dinner, and get a good quote on a great new AC!

Bryce Polk 06-30-2012 09:26 PM

I know how you feel, im from Texas :Sunny:

We called an AC guy out to take a look at why one of our AC units was freezing while the other was bareley blowing in the toddler room..

Come to find out, the oringinal installer just split the ducts off one AC unit instead of running two seperate channels, one for each unit, in order to save money for himself.:mad:

Uhhh, Integrity and hard work are a forgotton virtue these days

AmyLeigh 07-05-2012 11:39 AM

Six more weeks til school starts. Six more weeks, six more weeks......

Bella99 07-10-2012 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by pootmcgoot:
Well dcb has eczema that dcm is oblivious to. He also has a cold. I'm steaming him in the bathroom then sucking his nose/throat. The steam has flared his eczema. His face and neck are bright red and angry! I've treated it with ointment and cold compresses. Still looks bad. I hope when dcm gets here that she's not mad cuz he looks horrible!

Poor bub :( I have bad eczema on my hands.. flare ups suck!

I once went to a restaurant, and after using the washroom without even paying attention I put 'soap' in my hands, which turned out to be a tester for the new Purell with Moisturizer. Cue the sobbing. :rolleyes: When i'm out, and away from my script, I use chapstick (I scrape some off with the lid) and it works like a charm. So i'm assuming vaseline would work too, since it's pretty much what chapstick is, if you ever get caught in that situation again.

MNMum 07-11-2012 08:36 AM

Dear Daycare Parent:

Just because your 18 mo old says the word milk repeatedly on the car ride home, does not mean that I deprived your child today.

Ughhh. Child will only drink milk from her bottle. Drinks water just fine from the sippy. I am on the food program and follow it. I do give her a bottle of milk prior to nap, otherwise she will go all day without. At home she gets about 4 bottles of milk per day, still. Also has her pacifier with her at all times. Here, she only needs it for naps(in fact, she napped fine without it one day). I re - explained to mom that the food program does not require milk with snacks. And I re-explained what a serving of milk is, and how many per day is necessary. This child hardly eats anything solid as she is still getting her hunger needs met through the milk.