Daycare.com Forum

Daycare.com Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daycare Center and Family Home Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How Do You Organize all Your dck Paperwork? (https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15545)

JenNJ 07-07-2010 08:44 AM

How Do You Organize all Your dck Paperwork?

I currently have all mine in a binder divided by child. I'm wondering if a small file box or filing cabinet may work better. I keep all contact info in my phone as a back up, but I feel like a binder is "safer" because I can easily grab it and bring it with me in an emergency.

Also, do you keep payment records/receipts with your dck paperwork or in a different place?

I just got a new crop of kids and I'm having trouble keeping things organized!

tymaboy 07-07-2010 09:19 AM

I have a file box that I keep every childs files in. I also have a program on my computer to help track hours that holds the families personal information in .

jen 07-07-2010 09:29 AM

3 ring binder...

Golden Rule 07-07-2010 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by jen:
3 ring binder...

Me, too :D... With colored tabs/binders for training, state forms, child records with current photos, pet records, water/sewage records, roster/attendance/statements, annual receipts, etc....

One stop shop for State Inspector and easy to grab-n-go in case of emergency.

SunflowerMama 07-07-2010 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by jen:
3 ring binder...

Same here. Different color tab for each kid, accident forms, food program, fire drills, etc.

originalkat 07-07-2010 10:26 AM

I use a small file box. I have file folders for each child, training, current year licensing paperwork, food program etc... I pull it out and slip stuff in as needed. It is easy to use and organize things. In case of an emergency, I can easily grab it and head out the door.

Janet 07-07-2010 11:11 AM

I totally hate paperwork!

I don't think that there are words that can describe how much I hate paperwork! It darn near kills me to do it. Even though it gets done, I'm consistently misplacing it and it's never all together in the same place. Sometimes it's in piles that are on top of other piles, sometimes in drawers...I never quite know where it'll be. I can usually peg what room it's in, just not specifically where it is. I'm incredibly disorganized and when I try to put organizing systems in place, I make it worse for myself. Also, I can never let anyone organize for me, because then I can never find anything!

I'm glad that I make up for my paperwork shortcomings by being good in other areas of my job, lol!

jen 07-07-2010 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Golden Rule:
Me, too :D... With colored tabs/binders for training, state forms, child records with current photos, pet records, water/sewage records, roster/attendance/statements, annual receipts, etc....

One stop shop for State Inspector and easy to grab-n-go in case of emergency.

Yep, just like that!

barbdooley 07-29-2010 06:47 AM

I just want to make sure I have everything I need in my files for my DCk what do you have to have in there files?

emosks 07-29-2010 06:56 AM

Each child has their own file jacket with all the paperwork required by the state as well as signed contracts and permission slips, etc.

Then I have files for myself, other owner, and all assistants and people in the house over 14. Then there are miscellaneous files of extra handbooks, contracts, slips, etc. Then training files, banking files, and other state required files.

Receipts are kept in envelopes for each month so it's easy to find it if I need to go back and look.

We just had our inspection and our licensing consultant was very impressed with how organized we are. Makes me scared to think of how unorganized she's seen! :confused:

boysx5 07-29-2010 07:24 AM

I have a binder and folders I need to keep better records of all my receipts I'm sure I lose money each year by not claiming all I could.

tenderhearts 07-29-2010 07:28 AM

Where to you keep the in and out sheets? I fill my own in I don't have the parents sign them in and out.