Daycare.com Forum

Daycare.com Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daycare Center and Family Home Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How to Tell Other Parents About Termed DCK? (https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81703)

KristinsHomeCC 02-22-2016 11:56 AM

How to Tell Other Parents About Termed DCK?

2 yr old DCK was termed really because of my son. Like previously posted, my son and him didn't get along at all. My son doesnt care about my other DCK, so I dont want to say he was termed because my son picks on him ... LOL.

What do you tell parents if you have to term a child? They will most definitely ask. He was here open to close every day and now hes not.:p

SN: Mom took it very well..a little upset because they love it here and she didnt realize it was so bad between hers and mine. My termination email completely ruined her night at work. Felt awful all weekend:(

racemom 02-22-2016 12:04 PM

Nothing. If parents ask just say Johnny doesn't come here anymore. No more, even if they ask or try to get more from you.

renodeb 02-22-2016 12:18 PM

I agree, it's nobody else's business.
Debbie

Thriftylady 02-22-2016 12:21 PM

I agree, just say he is no longer enrolled in care. That's it.

Unregistered 02-22-2016 03:11 PM

"I cannot violate the privacy of other families. I'm sure you would appreciate this if it was anything involving your family. You can be assured that there are no issues that would merit a termination of services between us, that we have not already discussed."

Leave off the last bit if there have been no problems with this family.

sharlan 02-22-2016 03:18 PM

I wouldn't worry about it.

I've lost 2 recently and will be losing a 3rd on Friday. My other parents haven't even asked.

It took my kids over a month to ask about the one and it's been a month and they haven't asked about the other one yet.

Annalee 02-22-2016 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by KristinsHomeCC:
2 yr old DCK was termed really because of my son. Like previously posted, my son and him didn't get along at all. My son doesnt care about my other DCK, so I dont want to say he was termed because my son picks on him ... LOL.

What do you tell parents if you have to term a child? They will most definitely ask. He was here open to close every day and now hes not.:p

SN: Mom took it very well..a little upset because they love it here and she didnt realize it was so bad between hers and mine. My termination email completely ruined her night at work. Felt awful all weekend:(

Normally I just say "they don't come anymore"....but the latest termed client told a current client "she quit bringing her kids because I served yucky food" and the current client asked me about it.....to which I replied to the current client "xxxxx was terminated on Tuesday, Nov. 13".....the current client got quiet and said "gotcha":lol:

Ariana 02-22-2016 05:27 PM

It really depends on the situation for me. If it's a two weeker termed in the middle of their trial period I will tell parents that it just wasn't working out. I rarely go into detail. If it was someone more long term I don't really say anything unless they ask. If asked I will usually tell the truth but in a professional manner...which is usually "it was no longer working out for various reasons".

284878 02-22-2016 09:12 PM

Current dcm asked about a family that left before she started. With out thinking about it I replied "their contract ended". She did not ask anymore about it.
I did have a family leave after two week trail once. I referred to them only needing temporary care.

Nothankyou 02-23-2016 09:50 AM

I never say anything if they ask I just say "so and so is no longer with us"

Controlled Chaos 02-23-2016 01:00 PM

I am amazed at how long it takes parents to ask/notice most of the time. And then when I say "The no longer attend" and make a super big awkward grin, they just give me a knowing smile or laugh.