Daycare.com Forum

Daycare.com Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daycare Center and Family Home Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Random Question - Do You Fix Onesies? (https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90246)

storybookending 09-07-2018 07:55 AM

Random Question - Do You Fix Onesies?

Just a stupid pointless question to break up your Friday.. for those do you that care for infants.

When diaper changing if you notice you button the onesie wrong do you fix it or leave it for next diaper change?

I fix it every time and hate myself for it every single time :lol:

Cat Herder 09-07-2018 08:04 AM

I fix it every time.

Because I must. :lol:

Blackcat31 09-07-2018 08:07 AM

I'm lazy.... I only snap the center snap. :ouch:

Jdy2222 09-07-2018 08:12 AM

Leave it ...

amberrose3dg 09-07-2018 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

Same here, i only snap all of them at the last diaper change of the day lol.

Gemma 09-07-2018 09:07 AM

I fix it!

Josiegirl 09-07-2018 09:14 AM

If they're being cooperative and happy I'll fix it. :)

LysesKids 09-07-2018 09:18 AM

This is me, but I do infants only lol... changing 3-4 diapers every 2 hrs (or more in cases of poop), can be a little crazy; I snap everything up about 15 minutes before 1st pick up

Annalee 09-07-2018 09:59 AM

:lol:I only have one infant and I snap the outer two...leaving the middle undone:lol:

Bluemoon5 09-07-2018 10:17 AM

I almost always fix it. But I change 12 diapers in a row (sometimes more for those days when everyone waits for a clean diaper to poop) so sometimes I just can't, especially if it's the last kid.

e.j. 09-07-2018 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by amberrose3dg:

I do the same - snap the middle during the day and then snap them all at the last diaper change. I would fix them if I snapped them all up and they were done incorrectly, though. I have enough of my father's OCD in me that it would bother me not to fix it.:o

DaveA 09-07-2018 10:28 AM

I do because you never know when a DCP is going to try to tell you that their child’s misbuttoned onesie is the reason they have cirrhosis of the toe. :rolleyes::D

Bluemoon5 09-07-2018 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by DaveA:
I do because you never know when a DCP is going to try to tell you that their child’s misbuttoned onesie is the reason they have cirrhosis of the toe. :rolleyes::D

I just spit my coffee out. :lol: What's unfortunate is that it's not that much of an exaggeration.

Jiminycrickets 09-07-2018 12:22 PM

I am not the biggest onesie fan, I will admit, but I can't leave them snapped wrong. However, I am also one who only snaps one or even just doesn't bother until the end of the day...especially once the kid is walking and their clothes stay put pretty much by themselves.

Mike 09-07-2018 03:18 PM

:lol:

I'm always a perfectionist.
Didn't say I'm always perfect, just a perfectionist. :D

284878 09-07-2018 06:37 PM

I snap correctly but don't always put bottoms back on or socks.

knoxmomof2 09-07-2018 08:31 PM

I HAVE to snap them all and I have to do it right every time! 😂 I've developed a system where I snap the middle one first, which prevents any miss-buttoning. I typically leave bottoms off until the last change of the day.

janell999 09-08-2018 05:53 AM

i only snap the 2 on the outside. i almost always leave off their shorts until the end of the day too. lol

Sunchimes 09-08-2018 08:38 AM

You know who I hate? The person who invented the long-legged body suit onesie. It starts snapping at the neck, snaps down to the crotch where it divides down the legs. I used to take it off and put them in my own clothes until pick up. But then, I had to wrestle them back in at pick up. After a point, I just snapped it up, left gaps where I did it wrong, and we all had a good laugh at pick up. Now, they are on my list of banned clothes. :lol:

BumbleBee 09-08-2018 12:36 PM

Onesies I fix it. Also have to snap all 3 every diaper change. Bothers me if I just do the center one.

Now the full body suits, I sometimes just let them chill in a diaper. Depends :)

284878 09-09-2018 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by Sunchimes:
You know who I hate? The person who invented the long-legged body suit onesie. It starts snapping at the neck, snaps down to the crotch where it divides down the legs. I used to take it off and put them in my own clothes until pick up. But then, I had to wrestle them back in at pick up. After a point, I just snapped it up, left gaps where I did it wrong, and we all had a good laugh at pick up. Now, they are on my list of banned clothes. :lol:

Or the wrap onieies, there is like fifteen snaps but they are randomly placed around the shirt. You have to fold the first side over the chest and snap in different spots, then fold the other side and slightly roll the child and snap different areas again. Then snap the crotch.

daycarediva 09-10-2018 10:16 AM

:p

I take them OFF at first change. EVERYTHING with buttons or crazy snaps gets swapped out for their back up clothes and at the last diaper change I put it back on them (to go home in) :ouch:

MomBoss 09-10-2018 12:05 PM

I snap the middle one or 2/3 of the buttons and i dont care if they go home like that. Who cares! If a parent had a problem with it id tell them not to send their child in onesies, then they wont have to worry about it.

Jupadia 09-10-2018 01:12 PM

If they walk I dont even do them up between changes tiĺl the last of the day before pick up. If I get them wrong unless it's just before pick up then I leave it.

Ariana 09-10-2018 01:59 PM

It depends on how pressed for time I am! I always button them correctly for last diaper though :D

Do any of you kind of change diapers by rote at this point and half way through realize you were thinking of something else the entire time?! Kind of like driving to the store and then not knowing how you got there!

284878 09-11-2018 07:22 AM

Tied shorts or pants that don't need it, stayed untied.

Snowmom 09-11-2018 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by amberrose3dg:

:lol:

Me too!