Daycare.com Forum

Daycare.com Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daycare Center and Family Home Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Venting Thread (https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35057)

queenbee 11-08-2011 01:56 PM

In my November newsletter, I reiterated my policy of No Naptime Pickups.

My separate garage is converted to our daycare room with a kitchen and a bathroom and a separate infant space.....but we are all in the same large room. All of my children start getting tucked into mats and into pack'n'plays at around 12pm everyday.

Today TWO of my parents informed me that the kids have doctor appointments and that they will be picking up between 12:30 and 1pm.

Really? :rolleyes: :mad:

I absolutely dread pickups that happen during naptime. It disrupts my schedule and then I have to keep up kids who should be sleeping and who then cry because they want to lay down.

Never again. The parents got a big ol' *sigh* and I reminded them AGAIN, that I don't allow naptime pick-ups and that they need to schedule appointments after naptime. I can only imagine the crying and fit-throwing the parents have to listen to on the way to the doctors.

Why would anyhone schedule a child's doctor appointment during naptime? :confused:

SilverSabre25 11-08-2011 02:14 PM

Gulp...I have to go vote by myself with two cranky children. Here's hoping the wait is short.

kayla 11-09-2011 03:27 PM

how come parents cant pick up their kids when there done at work

Ok this has been seriously bugging me for awhile now. my husband works with one of my daycare parents. Awhile back he heard her talking to another co-worker saying "oh i never leave my kid at daycare unless i need to" well i have her child everyday for the max amount of time they seriously wait til 4:59 a min before i close to pick up their child, mind you hes already been kicked out of a daycare here in town. Well my problem is she has been off at 2:00 everyday, you think she could pick up her child who is disruptive early??? oh no... i get that you have things to do but me myself i would pick up my child to spend time with them. i've come to the conclusion she leaves him because she cannot stand him well im pregnant and they know that, even on days when i tell them hes my only kid they still dont come and pick him up until i close, im thinking im gonna start closing early on days i just have him because i know the dad doesnt work and my husband is her boss and i know she gets off at 2, any help would sure be appreciated!!! im rally starting to stress out :confused:

daycare 11-09-2011 04:28 PM

start charging by the hour.....about $6.50 an hour and I bet she will pick up as soon as she is off of work

Christian Mother 11-09-2011 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kayla (Post 164338)
Ok this has been seriously bugging me for awhile now. my husband works with one of my daycare parents. Awhile back he heard her talking to another co-worker saying "oh i never leave my kid at daycare unless i need to" well i have her child everyday for the max amount of time they seriously wait til 4:59 a min before i close to pick up their child, mind you hes already been kicked out of a daycare here in town. Well my problem is she has been off at 2:00 everyday, you think she could pick up her child who is disruptive early??? oh no... i get that you have things to do but me myself i would pick up my child to spend time with them. i've come to the conclusion she leaves him because she cannot stand him well im pregnant and they know that, even on days when i tell them hes my only kid they still dont come and pick him up until i close, im thinking im gonna start closing early on days i just have him because i know the dad doesnt work and my husband is her boss and i know she gets off at 2, any help would sure be appreciated!!! im rally starting to stress out :confused:

How long have you had this family in care? I think it's time to have a meeting with the family. Explain to them that you've noticed repeatedly that pick up is late each day. Ask them if they need more hrs. If your willing to do this set a specific fee on charge of what you already charge the family. If you really would like them to pick up early since she gets off at 2pm then tell her you have now made a change to your contract and policies that you will only care for children that are working. Since she is now off at 2pm she will need to pick up. If she wishes to use more hrs and your ok with that then put a price to it otherwise tell her no. The things is by changing she could term. or you have that choice to term if she isn't willing to pick up on time. You have couple of options really. Good Luck!

auntbecca 11-10-2011 08:33 AM

This is my first time posting, and this venting thread came in handy today!

When I give parents my policies to sign and a copy to keep I was under the misconception that they would actually read them. I even go over the policies with them. Especially the one about two full weeks notice of an absence or they will be charged for the scheduled day. 9 days is not two weeks notice. She is a bank teller, i assumed she could count. (Please excuse the snarkiness) Anyway when I told her how much she owes me for the week she got all crabby about having to pay for Veteran's Day because she is off work. I am not closed that day. I have two of her kids all day and one after school. I can't afford to not make her follow the same rules as my other parents. I am not getting rich off of $2 an hour! So she sent me a text and told me just so we were clear she is off every federal holiday and the kids will not be here on those days.

My husband was right, I shouldn't babysit for people I know. But in a small town, I know everybody.

Christian Mother 11-10-2011 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by auntbecca (Post 164573)

When I give parents my policies to sign and a copy to keep I was under the misconception that they would actually read them. I even go over the policies with them. Especially the one about two full weeks notice of an absence or they will be charged for the scheduled day. 9 days is not two weeks notice. She is a bank teller, i assumed she could count. (Please excuse the snarkiness) Anyway when I told her how much she owes me for the week she got all crabby about having to pay for Veteran's Day because she is off work. I am not closed that day. I have two of her kids all day and one after school. I can't afford to not make her follow the same rules as my other parents. I am not getting rich off of $2 an hour! So she sent me a text and told me just so we were clear she is off every federal holiday and the kids will not be here on those days.

My husband was right, I shouldn't babysit for people I know. But in a small town, I know everybody.

What is in your phb and contract about paid holidays? Do you have anything in there about being paid regardless of whether the kids are in care or not? You might need to make a change this upcoming yr with that new policy. I ashually need to do that this yr as well. That way I am covered. Regardless as to whether the parent has a personal day or sick day what have you. If they decide to take it off and keep there child home then they will still have to pay regardless. Specially if daycare is open. She paid for that day so she always has the option to bring dck's to you....

familyschoolcare 11-10-2011 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by auntbecca (Post 164573)

Tell the parent you have too much going on all year long to keep track of what days are Federal holidays so she will still need to give you a two week notice. After all she could ddecied to make plans for that day and bring the kids. At least that is the way it sounded.

auntbecca 11-10-2011 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christian Mother (Post 164634)
What is in your phb and contract about paid holidays? Do you have anything in there about being paid regardless of whether the kids are in care or not? You might need to make a change this upcoming yr with that new policy. I ashually need to do that this yr as well. That way I am covered. Regardless as to whether the parent has a personal day or sick day what have you. If they decide to take it off and keep there child home then they will still have to pay regardless. Specially if daycare is open. She paid for that day so she always has the option to bring dck's to you....

My policy states that if they are scheduled for that day and I am open they have to pay for that day unless they give me two weeks notice and then they can use one of their 10 days I give each year for parents to take the kids out for vacation. And her kids are scheduled for Fridays when the holiday falls. I also require them to pay if they take off a sick day. The only time I don't require payment is if I close due. I plan to update my policies and have the parents sign again, but I doubt it will make a difference. I've been trying for 6 months to get one parent to understand I open at 7:15, not 7:07.

Christian Mother 11-10-2011 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by auntbecca (Post 164712)
My policy states that if they are scheduled for that day and I am open they have to pay for that day unless they give me two weeks notice and then they can use one of their 10 days I give each year for parents to take the kids out for vacation. And her kids are scheduled for Fridays when the holiday falls. I also require them to pay if they take off a sick day. The only time I don't require payment is if I close due. I plan to update my policies and have the parents sign again, but I doubt it will make a difference. I've been trying for 6 months to get one parent to understand I open at 7:15, not 7:07.

Then I would call her and if she doesn't answer advise her per message that per your guys contract that your paid regardless of federal holidays. If she wish's to take a day off it needs to be in writing..and a text message will not be excepted as form of writing. Let her know that she can use 1 of the 10 days you give her as a free holiday if that is how she wishes to use it. Other wise she will still need to pay. As far as opening time lock your door turn the lights out and if someone comes knocking that early don't answer. Not til 7:15am right on the dot. Then turn lights on and unlock your door at 7:15am if you have a parent upset tell them that you do NOT open up til then. If they continue to come early then will not be welcomed in to daycare. If they get upset advise them that if they wish to have a meeting on changing the time to best fit there needs to schedule one with you. Then at that time you can determine if you'd like to open early...but make sure you charge a extra fee for that service. I guarantee that if you put a fee to it that they will not come early or they will wait in their car. :)

Cat Herder 11-11-2011 05:26 AM

DCM: "Have you changed cleaners? It seems I am having to take twice as many sick days as last winter. I am going to get fired!!!!"

Me: "No, hun. Same cleaner, same routine. Maybe it is because you have twice as many kids as last winter?"

DCM: ":o Oh, yeah, I guess that makes sense."

Yep, I am having a Good Morning.....:ouch:

Blackcat31 11-11-2011 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catherder (Post 165004)
DCM: "Have you changed cleaners? It seems I am having to take twice as many sick days as last winter. I am going to get fired!!!!"

Me: "No, hun. Same cleaner, same routine. Maybe it is because you have twice as many kids as last winter?"

DCM: ":o Oh, yeah, I guess that makes sense."

Yep, I am having a Good Morning.....:ouch:

(Please forgive me Cat...because I do feel for you, but I can't help it....)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I love when we have to point out the obvious....:rolleyes:

Cat Herder 11-11-2011 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackcat31 (Post 165037)
(Please forgive me Cat...because I do feel for you, but I can't help it....)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I love when we have to point out the obvious....:rolleyes:

I know.....:p

I guess it is only obvious when it happens to someone else?

I just don't understand why the first person they want to blame is me when they have taken their kids to Walmart and fast food restaraunt playgrounds 3 times this week already. :cool:

Eh, like I said, I am having a bad week. TGIF!!!!!!!! :ouch:

small_steps 11-11-2011 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catherder (Post 165062)
I know.....:p

I guess it is only obvious when it happens to someone else?

I just don't understand why the first person they want to blame is me when they have taken their kids to Walmart and fast food restaraunt playgrounds 3 times this week already. :cool:

Eh, like I said, I am having a bad week. TGIF!!!!!!!! :ouch:

I completely agree. Why is daycare the first thing they blame when their kiddo is sick? We actually clean and sanitize the things their children put in their mouth...the walmart shopping cart not so sanitary :(

nannyde 11-11-2011 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by small_steps (Post 165097)
I completely agree. Why is daycare the first thing they blame when their kiddo is sick? We actually clean and sanitize the things their children put in their mouth...the walmart shopping cart not so sanitary :(

Because if they claim the illness is FROM daycare then they believe the child should be able to BE at daycare when they are sick.

It's the providers fault the kid is sick
The kids at daycare have already been exposed

This kind of thinking is one major brick in the wall of parents purposely bringing sick and/or doped up kids to care. It makes them feel better about their decision to lie to the provider and mask illness.

It makes them feel A LOT better if they believe the provider caused it and the other kids aren't at increased risk because they have already been exposed and likely were the carrier of the illness to their child.

LittleD 11-11-2011 07:41 PM

Had my newest family, of 16 mth old, tell me they are going to try potty training! Sweet child is not goof with communication, but every time mom goes to toilet, child is right there wanting to imitate. Likes to sit on the potty. She hasn't asked me to try here, but has mentioned/hinted several times. I smile, nod and say "Good luck with that! Let me know how it's going!" I have my info about potty training from NannyDe, waiting and ready to go for when they do ask!

Sunchimes 11-11-2011 07:47 PM

I think that is where the mom of my 15 mo old is heading. She's always pushed her to do things early, and the last 2 mornings, she came in telling me that the baby woke up with a dry diaper. My first thought was that she wasn't getting enough water and I would keep an eye on it. Mom's explanation was that she was finally old enough to "hold" it that long.

She has a new baby due in a couple of months, and I'm afraid she is going to want her potty trained by the time it arrives.

nannyde 11-12-2011 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LittleD (Post 165282)
I have my info about potty training from NannyDe, waiting and ready to go for when they do ask!

Good for you

Make sure you emphasize that she has to SAY the words "I have to go potty". You don't accept sign language or nonverbal behavior. It has to be the actual words.

With a child that young I would not even discuss potty training. I wouldn't agree to putting them on the potty or having parent conferences regarding training. At this age they need to work on it completely at home without involving child care. He's too young to even conference about it with the parents.

safechner 11-12-2011 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nannyde (Post 165325)
Good for you

Make sure you emphasize that she has to SAY the words "I have to go potty". You don't accept sign language or nonverbal behavior. It has to be the actual words.

What do you mean that you don't accept sign language "potty?" Doing daycare for 10 years and I have taught all kids how to use sign language, "potty" when they need to go. It works very good.

nannyde 11-12-2011 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by safechner (Post 165406)
What do you mean that you don't accept sign language "potty?" Doing daycare for 10 years and I have taught all kids how to use sign language, "potty" when they need to go. It works very good.

Hmmm

I'll take the actual words please.

Country Kids 11-12-2011 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nannyde (Post 165413)
Hmmm

I'll take the actual words please.

We actually have a teacher at my sons school that teachers the sign for potty to the kindergardeners. That is what they have to use instead of using the words, I guess its less distracting if they sign it.

morgan24 11-14-2011 07:27 AM

Nothing I can do about this so I'll just vent about it and get it off my chest. I have a dcb who is going to be 3 in Feb. He is obsessed with Thomas the train, he carries a Thomas the train book as a security book. He talks about trains all the time, points outside and sees trains. It's so annoying because it's constant. He also twists his hair, he just got his head shaved and now he rubs it. He cries over stupid stuff, like his sock is crooked. His twin is the complete opposite, she is out going and plays with every one. Not her brother, he sits there talking about trains or rubbing his head. He's also not potty trained and cries if you talk about it and he repeats everything you say to him, like if he needs his diaper changed and I tell him lets go to the bathroom, he says lets go to the bathroom and it goes on and on. He is my least favorite to deal with.

sharlan 11-14-2011 07:37 AM

That sounds a lot like my eldest grandson, the 4 yo. He's gotten a lot better in the past 7 or 8 mos, but he would focus on one thing and stay on it forever. 2 special ed preschool teachers said he shows definite signs of Asperger's, but our local school district said no, it was because he lived in a child centered home.

At 2, he didn't really communicate his wants or needs, but could name every shark, whale, dolphin, etc. Between 3 and 4 it was trains, he knew everything about trains, but still didn't really communicate.

He's still a little quirky, but doing good.

SilverSabre25 11-14-2011 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morgan24 (Post 165696)
Nothing I can do about this so I'll just vent about it and get it off my chest. I have a dcb who is going to be 3 in Feb. He is obsessed with Thomas the train, he carries a Thomas the train book as a security book. He talks about trains all the time, points outside and sees trains. It's so annoying because it's constant. He also twists his hair, he just got his head shaved and now he rubs it. He cries over stupid stuff, like his sock is crooked. His twin is the complete opposite, she is out going and plays with every one. Not her brother, he sits there talking about trains or rubbing his head. He's also not potty trained and cries if you talk about it and he repeats everything you say to him, like if he needs his diaper changed and I tell him lets go to the bathroom, he says lets go to the bathroom and it goes on and on. He is my least favorite to deal with.

I see definite red flags here. Is there any way you can suggest an evaluation? Getting upset over things that seem minor (like sock being crooked), the repeating, the narrow interests/obsession, the repetitive behavior (hair twisting/rubbing)...those paint a very clear picture for me.

morgan24 11-14-2011 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSabre25 (Post 165702)
I see definite red flags here. Is there any way you can suggest an evaluation? Getting upset over things that seem minor (like sock being crooked), the repeating, the narrow interests/obsession, the repetitive behavior (hair twisting/rubbing)...those paint a very clear picture for me.

I have thought that maybe something is wrong, but I don't really think that I'm qualified to say one way or the other. I have heard that other family members have suggested it to dcm and she doesn't see it.

SilverSabre25 11-14-2011 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morgan24 (Post 165758)
I have thought that maybe something is wrong, but I don't really think that I'm qualified to say one way or the other. I have heard that other family members have suggested it to dcm and she doesn't see it.

"You know, dcm, I don't know how to say this so I'm going to just do it. DCB just isn't in the same place developmentally as most of his peers. I'm really worried about him and think you should bring it up to your pediatrician--soon."

Sometimes a parent isn't going to hear it the first time someone says it, but it will place seeds of doubt. So will the second time, the third, and so on until the doubt outweighs the denial and something changes. The younger he gets therapy and assistance, the better his outcome will be.

nannyde 11-14-2011 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morgan24 (Post 165696)

I have had this kid before. Does he suck cloth too?

I would nix the Thomas book. I wouldn't let him have it at all... and NO talk of Thomas.
I have had a few of these boys and have found that the parents get very attached to the peace and quiet that comes with multiple hours of thomas watching and the kid putting the trains one after another. They LOVE that it's all boy... and they believe that their kids ability to do it for hours upon hours is a sign of advanced or giftedness.

When you remove the ability to have the trains, books, videos... the kid pretty much goes into social isolation, depression, grief, etc. The Thomas addiction is so strong that it BECOMES their personality. Once removed it means there's not much left to go on.

It's common for these boys to not want to entertain themselves... not really KNOW how to play with other toys... get VERY rigid about lining things up when they DO have only other toys.. and spend a lot of time talking like the thomas characters and about it. That's how the "do" thomas with no physical and visual access.

They haven't developed a life outside of Thomas. This is something the parents not only support.. condone... but REALLY REALLY REALLY love. They love it because they can put the kid in thomas world and they don't have to deal with them. As long as it runs wall to wall and the kid has the thomas toys/books etc. they really don't have to deal with them much. They even get relatives to buy MORE thomas for bdays, xmas, etc. It's all boy so it's all good.

If you do some research about the connection between thomas addiction and autism it will explain WHY these boys like Thomas... all the way down to the facial expressions of the engines... the music... the repetitiveness of it.

So when you take it away and forbid the re-enacting of it then the kid will go into anger, fear, and shut down. They will stare off into space for long periods of time. What you are most likely seeing with him IS the withdrawl he is experiencing at your home. Allowing him to keep a thomas book means he's allowed to be anchored into thomas BUT it's not what he wants to feed the addiction... so he does NOTHING but cling to the book and do repetitive motion stimulation to soothe himself.

He's just waiting for when he gets to go home so he can get his Thomas on.

Ask the Mom about what thomas he has at home. Ask her how much he watches it... does he have a TV in his room... is his room done in thomas... does he have thomas silverware?

Is he doing a combo of watching the videos and lining up trains the majority of his evening and weekends?

If he is all thomas all the time.. he will be in withdrawl when he is with you. Talk with mom and find out if they are "doing" a thomas life with him and do some research on fixation.

Here's one article:
http://autism.about.com/b/2008/10/07...experience.htm

Meyou 11-14-2011 12:16 PM

Oh dear....my dcb who I strongly suspect has aspergers is also a Thomas fanatic right down to only wearing Thomas pants. His parents think he's quirky and extremely shy.

kayla 11-14-2011 02:23 PM

what to do im going crazy!?!

what do you do when you have a child that continually breaks the rules???? and i cant kick him out because of financial reasons.. And ofcorse he is county assistance. Everyday he is breaking toys, touching other children( big pet peeve, i have a rule keep hands to self) running, throwing toys... He diliberately waits til i leave the room or turn my back to do something naughty, i have caught him on a number of occasions. I sent his parent a letter cause its been stressing me out, im pregnant... The next week his dad told me to tell him the day it happens well everyday im telling them something new now its like their annoyed, they chalk it up to him being a boy. i chalk it up to bad parenting... i dont know what to do hes damaging my property, i literally cant make lunch with him here i make him come to the kitchen cause he cant be trusted.... He has also been kicked out of daycare before here in town... so his parents should know hes not pleasant... yet they leave him here all day when neither of them works!!!

sharlan 11-14-2011 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kayla (Post 165957)
what do you do when you have a child that continually breaks the rules???? and i cant kick him out because of financial reasons.. And ofcorse he is county assistance. Everyday he is breaking toys, touching other children( big pet peeve, i have a rule keep hands to self) running, throwing toys... He diliberately waits til i leave the room or turn my back to do something naughty, i have caught him on a number of occasions. I sent his parent a letter cause its been stressing me out, im pregnant... The next week his dad told me to tell him the day it happens well everyday im telling them something new now its like their annoyed, they chalk it up to him being a boy. i chalk it up to bad parenting... i dont know what to do hes damaging my property, i literally cant make lunch with him here i make him come to the kitchen cause he cant be trusted.... He has also been kicked out of daycare before here in town... so his parents should know hes not pleasant... yet they leave him here all day when neither of them works!!!

They don't want to deal with what they've created.

SilverSabre25 11-14-2011 03:35 PM

We're under a tornado watch all evening and it's very windy. Now my phone line is down, which is disturbing. I don't have a cell phone and I'm home alone with my two kids. until 11:15. This is really bothering me, a lot. The website for our phone service is treating me like I'm an idiot'--"well if your phone isn't working it's not OUR fault" and "Troubleshoot it yourself or call a technician which will cost you $$". Yeah, pretty sure the problem is not in my house.

morgan24 11-14-2011 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nannyde (Post 165872)
I have had this kid before. Does he suck cloth too?

I would nix the Thomas book. I wouldn't let him have it at all... and NO talk of Thomas.
I have had a few of these boys and have found that the parents get very attached to the peace and quiet that comes with multiple hours of thomas watching and the kid putting the trains one after another. They LOVE that it's all boy... and they believe that their kids ability to do it for hours upon hours is a sign of advanced or giftedness.

When you remove the ability to have the trains, books, videos... the kid pretty much goes into social isolation, depression, grief, etc. The Thomas addiction is so strong that it BECOMES their personality. Once removed it means there's not much left to go on.

It's common for these boys to not want to entertain themselves... not really KNOW how to play with other toys... get VERY rigid about lining things up when they DO have only other toys.. and spend a lot of time talking like the thomas characters and about it. That's how the "do" thomas with no physical and visual access.

They haven't developed a life outside of Thomas. This is something the parents not only support.. condone... but REALLY REALLY REALLY love. They love it because they can put the kid in thomas world and they don't have to deal with them. As long as it runs wall to wall and the kid has the thomas toys/books etc. they really don't have to deal with them much. They even get relatives to buy MORE thomas for bdays, xmas, etc. It's all boy so it's all good.

If you do some research about the connection between thomas addiction and autism it will explain WHY these boys like Thomas... all the way down to the facial expressions of the engines... the music... the repetitiveness of it.

So when you take it away and forbid the re-enacting of it then the kid will go into anger, fear, and shut down. They will stare off into space for long periods of time. What you are most likely seeing with him IS the withdrawl he is experiencing at your home. Allowing him to keep a thomas book means he's allowed to be anchored into thomas BUT it's not what he wants to feed the addiction... so he does NOTHING but cling to the book and do repetitive motion stimulation to soothe himself.

He's just waiting for when he gets to go home so he can get his Thomas on.

Ask the Mom about what thomas he has at home. Ask her how much he watches it... does he have a TV in his room... is his room done in thomas... does he have thomas silverware?

Is he doing a combo of watching the videos and lining up trains the majority of his evening and weekends?

If he is all thomas all the time.. he will be in withdrawl when he is with you. Talk with mom and find out if they are "doing" a thomas life with him and do some research on fixation.

Here's one article:
http://autism.about.com/b/2008/10/07...experience.htm

If you remove that fixation will they focus on something else? I don't know if he has the whole Thomas thing going on at home. He only brings a book. We only watch T.V. twice and it's never on. So is this an addiction or autism?

Thanks for the input from everyone. I plan on discussing it with dcm and I'll let you know how it goes.

nannyde 11-14-2011 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morgan24 (Post 166011)
If you remove that fixation will they focus on something else? I don't know if he has the whole Thomas thing going on at home. He only brings a book. We only watch T.V. twice and it's never on. So is this an addiction or autism?

Thanks for the input from everyone. I plan on discussing it with dcm and I'll let you know how it goes.

Oh I don't have a clue if it's autism. I'm saying you can learn about the thomas fixation by learning why it is attractive to autistic children.

Ask them about Thomas in his life.

sahm2three 11-15-2011 03:11 PM

Today has been one of those days that makes me wonder what I could have possibly been thinking when I decided to do this job. Everyone has been crying today, almost non-stop. No fevers or anything. Just a bunch of crabby kids who all want to be held. If they aren't being held they are beating the he!! out of eachother. I have been looking into going back to school, but seeing how much it costs and how many years it will take to get where I would like to be makes me sad. I am feeling kind of stuck at the moment. :(

Meyou 11-16-2011 02:41 AM

DH's alarm on his phone has rang at 6am for the last 5 days in a row. I get up at 6:40 and he gets up at 7:15!!!!!!!!! WHY IS HIS ALARM EVEN ON????? AND WHY CAN HE GO RIGHT BACK TO SLEEP WHILE I'M WIDE AWAKE????

Ok, maybe I won't kill him when he gets up now. :)

SilverSabre25 11-16-2011 05:29 AM

5 hours of sleep

thanks to my sweet baby boy, who apparently thinks that "way too early" is a good time to be up and giggling and ready for the day...until now, when my day is ramping up and he is ready for a nap.

It's a good thing you're cute buddy.

I need caffeine. I have a good, solid 15 hours ahead of me with NO back up or relief. Or break.

mema 11-16-2011 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meyou (Post 166626)
DH's alarm on his phone has rang at 6am for the last 5 days in a row. I get up at 6:40 and he gets up at 7:15!!!!!!!!! WHY IS HIS ALARM EVEN ON????? AND WHY CAN HE GO RIGHT BACK TO SLEEP WHILE I'M WIDE AWAKE????

My hubby does this too:mad:
His is set for 15min before mine and he doesn't get up for at least another 45min. Drives me CRAZY!
I have started checking his phone before bed to make sure it's off:p

sharlan 11-16-2011 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meyou (Post 166626)

My niece sets her alarm for an hour before she has to get up. It goes off every 5 mins for an hour, then she still doesn't get up for another 20 mins.

SilverSabre25 11-17-2011 05:01 AM

7 hours of sleep in the past 2 days.

That's 7 hours of sleep, and 41 hours of being awake. The 7 hours were in very broken stretches.

I am so tired that I feel faintly ill and dizzy. I haven't felt like this in years. Forming coherent thoughts is very hard.

I do not know how I am going to make it through the day. I know from experience that caffeine in this state will make me jittery and unable to sleep...and nothing will help me but sleep.

I can't ask DH to help me out because a) he is being less than sympathetic and b) he really doesn't want to and c) he really shouldn't call off work right now and d) he'll just pull the "14 hour work day" card on me.

sharlan 11-17-2011 06:07 AM

I know how rough that is. Can you rest when the littles are down, or would you fall asleep?