Daycare.com Forum
First ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 109  ... Last

Daycare.com Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daycare Center and Family Home Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Venting Thread (https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35057)

Unregistered 09-10-2015 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Trummynme:
Today just sucked. 2yo dcg who is usually my best behaved was horrible. She bit for the first time ever, grabbed toys from everybody, refused to come sit at the table for meals, barely napped, pushed a kid down and smacked the same kid in the face.....followed by a 30 minute sobbing thrashing meltdown in public where she got so worked up she puked.

After all of the kids went home I ran a bath for myself and my brain dead cat fell into the bath while trying to catch the water for the faucet, then jumped out and ran through the house soaking wet.

Thank heavens it's a short week!

Sorry for the bad day.... but you had me cracking up at the image of your cat 😂

Miss A 09-10-2015 04:56 PM

New DCB-3 this week, and I already know this will be a tough one. He is aggressive! Cries for hours each morning after drop-off, hits and kicks everyone who goes near him, especially me. We had to designate a crying spot, and even still he screams forever! He threatens me and other children, says he will cut us, or shoot us dead. Ugh. Parents are both teachers, and neither one is concerned that he is that aggressive, just respond by telling me they will "talk" to him about speaking kindly. Also, does not pick up, and will dump toys that others are picking up, then when he faces a consequence, the aggression begins all over again! Ugh!

Controlled Chaos 09-10-2015 08:42 PM

This morning was absolutely lovely. A sort of "why I love this job" morning. But holy hell 3pm-5pm was this worst. Baby woke up with a 101 fever. 3yo who is normally lovely, whined non stop. I had to play phone tag with the health dep (I owed $11 on a background check :confused: for an assistant. I wrote the check for the amount on the form?!) New dcb2 is adjusting but is whiny after nap. My 22m old dd mimicked the noises of all the whiney from sick and grumpy kids and dcb3 was awful. He has some sensory issues (maybe? nothing diagnosed but in OT...last day is tomorrow THANK THE LORD) He had a melt down and threw toys at the sick infant, and was flailing about in a scary way. In moving dcb to his safe quiet spot he freaked out and I noticed later he had a small bruise where I had held him as he threw his body around. I felt beyond horrible. But all I did was carry him 8 feet across the room away from the other kids for safety. I wrote up an incident report and mom was not surprised at pick up...apparently this is the new norm ??? She says it happens at home all the time. She was my last pick up right at closing, and it took her 10 min to coax him out of my house. ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? He never acts like that for me. It took everything in my not to lose my sh!t. Get him out of my house! ahhh his last day is tomorrow and I am so incredibly grateful. They allow him to walk all over them. Yes he may have a mild sensory issue BUT he follows directions great here all day. He would never hide under a table when I told him to walk to the door. woudn't happen. It makes me sad too. Like he is capable of worlds more than they think he is. He is 10% sensory disorder, perhaps 5% developmental delay, 60% awesome kid and 25%permissive parenting :( And that last bit is the WORST. hmmmmm deep breath...more wine time

Scribbles 09-11-2015 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by a.lenz.girl:
New DCB-3 this week, and I already know this will be a tough one. He is aggressive! Cries for hours each morning after drop-off, hits and kicks everyone who goes near him, especially me. We had to designate a crying spot, and even still he screams forever! He threatens me and other children, says he will cut us, or shoot us dead. Ugh. Parents are both teachers, and neither one is concerned that he is that aggressive, just respond by telling me they will "talk" to him about speaking kindly. Also, does not pick up, and will dump toys that others are picking up, then when he faces a consequence, the aggression begins all over again! Ugh!

I would have termed him after the first attempt at physical aggression towards me. If I hadn't I would have termed the second he "threatened" others with those words AND because the parents aren't concerned. HUGE red flag in my opinion that his parents aren't concerned at all.

Miss A 09-11-2015 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Scribbles:
I would have termed him after the first attempt at physical aggression towards me. If I hadn't I would have termed the second he "threatened" others with those words AND because the parents aren't concerned. HUGE red flag in my opinion that his parents aren't concerned at all.

After the day I have had today, I am pretty sure I am terming tonight. When I served Breakfast, which DCB asked for, he said he did not want it, tried to stab me with a fork, and then repeatedly said to me "I will cut you". Then, at lunch, he told another child he was going to kill their mother. The ensuing emotional turmoil on the girls part was more then we needed at lunch. 4 more hours.

childcaremom 09-11-2015 10:25 AM

After the day I have had today, I am pretty sure I am terming tonight. When I served Breakfast, which DCB asked for, he said he did not want it, tried to stab me with a fork, and then repeatedly said to me "I will cut you". Then, at lunch, he told another child he was going to kill their mother. The ensuing emotional turmoil on the girls part was more then we needed at lunch. 4 more hours.

Oh my goodness. I would be calling for pick up NOW with an immediate term. That is out of control and not acceptable.

ETA: Ignoring the violence towards you..... (which I would not be overlooking and would term for right then and there)

If I was those girls parents, I would want reassurances that this child would not be around my children anymore. Sorry to say, but I would pull my kids if you were going to keep him there. That is way beyond acceptable and not something I would want my children (or any child) exposed to.

Annalee 09-11-2015 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by childcaremom:
Oh my goodness. I would be calling for pick up NOW with an immediate term. That is out of control and not acceptable.

likethis

Unregistered 09-11-2015 10:53 AM

He's getting that from somewhere, seriously not normal and scary. Yes you should term imo, and I would be specific in telling the parent about his behavior. Is his last name Menendez?

daycarediva 09-11-2015 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by childcaremom:

ETA: Ignoring the violence towards you..... (which I would not be overlooking and would term for right then and there)

If I was those girls parents, I would want reassurances that this child would not be around my children anymore. Sorry to say, but I would pull my kids if you were going to keep him there. That is way beyond acceptable and not something I would want my children (or any child) exposed to.

Originally Posted by Unregistered:
He's getting that from somewhere, seriously not normal and scary. Yes you should term imo, and I would be specific in telling the parent about his behavior. Is his last name Menendez?

likethis

He is a HUGE liability. NONE of my clients would stay here if they heard/heard of/saw ANY of that.

Unregistered 09-11-2015 11:10 AM

I would NOT be waiting 4 more hours. Id be calling now.
His parents more than likely have the same protocol at school since that behavior is unacceptable in almost ALL school in the country. Sometimes police are involved. I surely hope they become concerned now.

I would also report this to your licensor now before you term so that you aren't blamed and so that it is on record so in case he does something worse in the future and his parents don't do anything to help him, there is some sort of documentation that they DID know his behavior was that bad and perhaps they will be held accountible then.

MsLisa 09-11-2015 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Scribbles:

AGREE!
I had a 5yr old boy during the last 2 weeks of summer camp who told me every day that he hated me for no reason and would cry 95% of the time. He would suck his thumb, lay in the middle of the floor for no reason or would just walk around breaking other kids stuff. On the last day he gave me and my assistant the middle finger twice, knowing full well what it meant and with the most hate driven eyes I’ve ever seen. We wrote him up and when we told his dad the dad just laughs and goes "he does it to his mom all the time.". :eek: :rolleyes: Five years old.....blew my mind.

Want to guess who called and wanted to sign up for Aftercare this past week......
Sorry, that isn't happening. Welcome to the "waiting list".

Miss A 09-11-2015 11:40 AM

I am terming. I know I can not put other children in this position, and I know that I can not do this any more emotionally. It is taking me away from the other children, and they do not deserve that. Thank God I have a waiting list!

spud912 09-13-2015 09:58 AM

Dcm just texted me on a Sunday morning :rolleyes: asking if I can take dcb 1 1/2 hours early because one of their vehicles is being worked on. Yeah, so a 12 hour day, waking up way early, not being able to spend my usual one-on-one time with my daughter before she goes to school, having to wake up extra early. Not to mention dcb does terrible with lack of sleep and he already is my biggest headache (loud, obnoxious, defiant).

What ever happened to going into work later, or making adjustments instead of inconveniencing someone else's life?

I told her no of course. But she did ask if she can compensate for the time. I think that extra time is worth $75 to me (which is almost half their weekly rate). Do you think she would take it if I offered or would they be offended :p?

TheGoodLife 09-14-2015 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by spud912:
Dcm just texted me on a Sunday morning :rolleyes: asking if I can take dcb 1 1/2 hours early because one of their vehicles is being worked on. Yeah, so a 12 hour day, waking up way early, not being able to spend my usual one-on-one time with my daughter before she goes to school, having to wake up extra early. Not to mention dcb does terrible with lack of sleep and he already is my biggest headache (loud, obnoxious, defiant).

What ever happened to going into work later, or making adjustments instead of inconveniencing someone else's life?

I told her no of course. But she did ask if she can compensate for the time. I think that extra time is worth $75 to me (which is almost half their weekly rate). Do you think she would take it if I offered or would they be offended :p?

What ended up happening today?

Controlled Chaos 09-14-2015 03:18 PM

You guys....I am pretty sure it has been 4:17 for like 5 hours...

mommyneedsadayoff 09-15-2015 07:14 AM

what a great Tuesday:mad: Hubby stayed up watching the football game (drinking beer) and comes in at midnight, loud as heck, wakes me up out of a deep sleep and proceeds to pass out and snore louder than ever! Cats keep me up the rest of the night and my daughter got up at 6:15 for some reason. Coffee!! Coffee!!

DaveA 09-16-2015 04:43 AM

2 pronged vent 1) 700 last night (2 hours after I've closed) 2 school age girls from the neighborhood show up wanting to play with s/a DCG. Apparently she told them on the bus to come over and play "anytime". OYE Not happening kids.

2) My license expired the end of August, but because once again our broke a@@ state can't get its stuff together and is in a de facto shutdown (again) my rep isn't returning email or answering the phone. To take part in Great START I have to be currently licensed. I can continue if I get a letter stating I'm in the relicensing process......from the same people who won't answer the phone or email. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

finsup 09-21-2015 05:16 AM

*sigh* every kid came this morning coughing and snot dripping everywhere. Not to mention whiny, and being clingly for the hour they've been here. Everyone has an hour to pull it together or pick up calls will be made. Ugh...happy Monday! :rolleyes:

ChelseaB 09-21-2015 06:35 AM

Well, it finally happened to me. My most problematic DCM with whom I finally made arrangements to correct the other issues (so she's more or less on daycare probation :rolleyes:) texted me at 6 AM to inform me she needed to drop off at 6:30. I don't open until 7. Needless to say, I did NOT respond until 6:25 when my alarm went off. And she got the not so happy response of "I do not open until 7, so you will have to give me time to get ready since I just woke up." She just began a new job, and she failed to inform me of her changed hourly needs. Hope she realizes that this doesn't change my time. So not doing this. Agh! :dislike:

Blackcat31 09-21-2015 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by ChelseaB:
Well, it finally happened to me. My most problematic DCM with whom I finally made arrangements to correct the other issues (so she's more or less on daycare probation :rolleyes:) texted me at 6 AM to inform me she needed to drop off at 6:30. I don't open until 7. Needless to say, I did NOT respond until 6:25 when my alarm went off. And she got the not so happy response of "I do not open until 7, so you will have to give me time to get ready since I just woke up." She just began a new job, and she failed to inform me of her changed hourly needs. Hope she realizes that this doesn't change my time. So not doing this. Agh! :dislike:

Ugh! So what time did you end up taking her?

Will you be adjusting your opening time to accommodate her new job hours?

I would have outright ignored her and would have put a sign on the door that said you are NOT open until 7:00 and that no one better be ringing your door bell until then.

ChelseaB 09-21-2015 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Ugh! So what time did you end up taking her?

Will you be adjusting your opening time to accommodate her new job hours?

I would have outright ignored her and would have put a sign on the door that said you are NOT open until 7:00 and that no one better be ringing your door bell until then.

I told her that I would accept DCG after I got up and got ready, which was about 6:45. So I did take her a little early as a courtesy. However, I established that I do not open until 7, and I certainly won't accept anymore circumstances like this morning where I was contacted 30 mins before an early drop off, unaware of her needs until I woke up. I don't mind 15 minutes here or there, but I DO expect the same courtesy of being asked. And if the early drop off is to become routine, she might be getting an extra fee...I bet 7 AM would be doable then! :lol:

MsLisa 09-22-2015 06:38 AM

So the parents who pay regular full price pay on time and some even pay ahead with no reminders.
Parents who applied and now receive a scholarship or CCIS....haven't paid at all. :confused::mad:

I have all 4 families who owe between a measly $80 to up to $240, for the past 4 WEEKS worth of care....not a one has paid. I've told them to their face, I’ve made a giant sign before you even enter my room to remind them, and EVEN made a professional letter telling them their amount due/for what weeks and their "special" rate. Placed it firmly into their hands. NOTHING! WTF! I shouldn't have to chase down adults to do the one thing adults do most of their life.

I guess I have no other choice to deny their child come Monday. I don't know how much more clearer I have to make it. Who in their right mind thinks they can just drop off/pick up a kid every day and never have to pay?!

nanglgrl 09-22-2015 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by MsLisa:
So the parents who pay regular full price pay on time and some even pay ahead with no reminders.
Parents who applied and now receive a scholarship or CCIS....haven't paid at all. :confused::mad:

I have all 4 families who owe between a measly $80 to up to $240, for the past 4 WEEKS worth of care....not a one has paid. I've told them to their face, I’ve made a giant sign before you even enter my room to remind them, and EVEN made a professional letter telling them their amount due/for what weeks and their "special" rate. Placed it firmly into their hands. NOTHING! WTF! I shouldn't have to chase down adults to do the one thing adults do most of their life.

I guess I have no other choice to deny their child come Monday. I don't know how much more clearer I have to make it. Who in their right mind thinks they can just drop off/pick up a kid every day and never have to pay?!

Why not today?

MsLisa 09-22-2015 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by nanglgrl:
Why not today?

Because most just got their CCIS received and their new "special rate" this past Friday (to which i nicely totalled for them on that nice letter) and I was being nice giving them until this Friday to pay.

But I have a hunch that they'll just keep right on not paying with some grand delusion that the CCIS pays all of it.....:rolleyes: I hate this grant stuff already.

Blackcat31 09-22-2015 07:02 AM

Because most just got their CCIS received and their new "special rate" this past Friday (to which i nicely totalled for them on that nice letter) and I was being nice giving them until this Friday to pay.

But I have a hunch that they'll just keep right on not paying with some grand delusion that the CCIS pays all of it.....:rolleyes: I hate this grant stuff already.

.....and that child care services will still be available despite the lack of payment.

NOTHING speaks louder to parents than denial of services if they have not paid. Usually you only need to do it once and it never happens again. But if you let it slide or make exceptions, you will always need to do the same and will be running in circles forever...... ;)

Play Care 09-22-2015 07:25 AM

The new boy in my care has a significant speech issue but clearly understands what he's hearing. He chooses not to listen and that is driving me nuts:o
He's constantly doing exactly what he's just been told not to.
Grrrr. :mad:

MsLisa 09-22-2015 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
.....and that child care services will still be available despite the lack of payment.

NOTHING speaks louder to parents than denial of services if they have not paid. Usually you only need to do it once and it never happens again. But if you let it slide or make exceptions, you will always need to do the same and will be running in circles forever...... ;)

Ouch. Good point as always Blackcat. I don't want to be like my ex-boss who did nothing but that.
I think it annoys me more that these are adults. Like why is this even an issue?! You don't do this at the grocery store or Old Navy. Blows my mind.
They literally pay almost nothing for the cheapest care in the area...still can't make payments. I wish we never offered it.

Blackcat31 09-22-2015 07:37 AM

Ouch. Good point as always Blackcat. I don't want to be like my ex-boss who did nothing but that.
I think it annoys me more that these are adults. Like why is this even an issue?! You don't do this at the grocery store or Old Navy. Blows my mind.

Sadly over the last 5 years or so, I've spent more time parenting parents than I have children. :(

But if you want them to listen and follow directions then just like children you must have clear expectations and consequences that you actually follow through on. Words are nothing more than words. To most, words are like mosquitoes....annoying buzzes in the ear but if they actually sting, then they'll take more action.

I say give parents until Friday to pay as you already said... but make sure you BOLD/HIGHLIGHT that their child WILL be denied services if the balance is not paid by a set time Friday.

That way on Monday morning, you can contact those who haven't paid and remind them they have NO SERVICES and in order to restore services they must pay X amount BEFORE the child can return, not after.

Also charge a late fee and do NOT waive it.

I would also make a HUGE point of saying that you do have a wait list and anyone that fails to pay without a reminder 3X's in a 60-90 day period automatically forfeits their space. Then do it.

Actions speak FAR louder than words. People will NEVER change their behaviors until it becomes an issue for them and right now the only person any of this is an issue to is you. ;) YOU have the power to change that though. If you need help/assistance in writing up any type of warning or notice letters/notes, please don't hesitate to ask me...I am always happy to help. :)

Play Care 09-22-2015 07:38 AM

The 4 yo dcg always has to,use the bathroom within a few minutes of getting outside. Now she is using it (BM :lol: ) but it's starting to get old. She has plenty of opportunity while we were inside to use it. Nothing like getting everyone out only to come back in. :ouch:

Snowmom 09-23-2015 07:18 AM

Family vent:
Crazy SIL sends a birthday evite for her two kids (turning an equally crazy 5 and 8 yrs old this month).
Their party is being held at a local military fort and will consist of ARCHERY and "team building" exercises.

I'm sorry, but what?

That sounds cool for 15 year old, but no, I'm not bringing my over zealous 5 year old to shoot actual bows & arrows into a field where there are actual people.
I don't feel like going to jail for manslaughter anytime soon.

And eh hmm... all the other cousins in this family are 3-8 years old, how well with this end?

Controlled Chaos 09-23-2015 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by Snowmom:
Family vent:
Crazy SIL sends a birthday evite for her two kids (turning an equally crazy 5 and 8 yrs old this month).
Their party is being held at a local military fort and will consist of ARCHERY and "team building" exercises.

I'm sorry, but what?

That sounds cool for 15 year old, but no, I'm not bringing my over zealous 5 year old to shoot actual bows & arrows into a field where there are actual people.

And eh hmm... all the other cousins in this family are 3-8 years old, how well with this end?

:lol::lol::lol:

jgcp 09-23-2015 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Snowmom:
Family vent:

I'm sorry, but what?

:lol::lol::lol::lol: oh man i needed that laugh!!

auntymimi 09-23-2015 10:04 AM

They literally pay almost nothing for the cheapest care in the area...still can't make payments. I wish we never offered it.

Can you report them? We used to have this problem in my state too where subsidy clients would never pay their copay and essentially provider hop when they were termed for non payment. Now we can report them and they shut down all future services until the provider is payed in full.most parents don't want to lose their subsidy so they get it together pretty quickly now. Before it was a nightmare. Now my assistance clients are my most consistent when it comes to payment.

jgcp 09-23-2015 10:07 AM

I havn't had to get on here and vent in awhile which has been nice! BUUUT I have a family that started in Aug and oh man they are so weird!! First they ask me more then once if they can pay for two weeks at a time and everytime i have told them NO BIG DEAL THATS FINE, they have yet to actually do that? Then last fri ( they work for the school and get every other fri off early) dcd tells me ( dosnt ask) that they will pick up at 4 because their house is a mess and they needed to clean:confused: obviously they do not communicate because i told dcm i had a 3 pm appt ( but shouldnt have been a big deal cause they got done at 1) i just called dcm to tell her id just drop dcb off on my way, When i got there she was ASLEEP!!?? I dont watch your kid so you can nap!! Then Mon morn dcd shows for drop off at 730 ( contracted for 650) no text to let me know he will be late. then tue shows up at 630.... They need to get it together and soon!! Also yesterday dcb shows up with a swollen bug bite on leg and they wont give him any benedryl so they pick up for dr appt and dcm asks me to get a diaper bag ready for her ( She dosnt have one here but wanted me to let her use mine???) Also dr told them " just give him some benedryl":lol::lol: Dcm also lets me know how nannies are the way to go and are just the best thing ever as i stand staring at her blankly:ouch: I guess that i need to explain to them that im NOT a nanny and they need to figure out their drop off and pick up times?

MsLisa 09-23-2015 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by auntymimi:
Can you report them? We used to have this problem in my state too where subsidy clients would never pay their copay and essentially provider hop when they were termed for non payment. Now we can report them and they shut down all future services until the provider is payed in full.most parents don't want to lose their subsidy so they get it together pretty quickly now. Before it was a nightmare. Now my assistance clients are my most consistent when it comes to payment.

Funny you brought this up actually!
I was going through the kid's files, making sure they have all paperwork and removing the old outdated things. Come to find in 3 out of the 4 of the CCIS kids folders are letters of late payment notification & warnings of termination for outstanding balances. :eek: So this isn't their first time ignoring payments which really makes me mad. I don't think I should have to put up with it. I'm not playing this game with adults.
I hate confrontations and being held in this position, but come Monday....if I don't have those outstanding payment I will have no choice but to deny them in the morning or call them to pick up in the afternoon.

Sad thing is that I have 2 awesome parents signing up for the same grant and it takes a week to get their per week price, but they are more then willing to pay full price until then. I appreciate parents like that. THAT'S who the grant is for. Not the above parents who abuse it. :mad:

daycarediva 09-23-2015 11:44 AM

I got into an argument with dh over the kids sports of all things. BOTH younger ds's wanted to play a higher level/travel league team this year. It was $895 EACH for 12 weeks. (plus expensive supplies)

I found them sports programs that they are equally excited about- but are 1/3 that cost. (supplies included)

I think this area is RIDICULOUS with extra curriculars. ALL of my dcks are in AT LEAST one 'sport' (they are 18 MONTHS-4) One is in 4 and has something EVERY night. Their parents all talk about college scholarships. My own brother got a full ride scholarship, but he was beyond exceptional at his sport. These kids are barely getting play time. They aren't going to play MLB, NFL or NBA folks. Teach them to dress themselves first. HAHA!

Controlled Chaos 09-23-2015 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I got into an argument with dh over the kids sports of all things. BOTH younger ds's wanted to play a higher level/travel league team this year. It was $895 EACH for 12 weeks. (plus expensive supplies)

I found them sports programs that they are equally excited about- but are 1/3 that cost. (supplies included)

I think this area is RIDICULOUS with extra curriculars. ALL of my dcks are in AT LEAST one 'sport' (they are 18 MONTHS-4) One is in 4 and has something EVERY night. Their parents all talk about college scholarships. My own brother got a full ride scholarship, but he was beyond exceptional at his sport. These kids are barely getting play time. They aren't going to play MLB, NFL or NBA folks. Teach them to dress themselves first. HAHA!

:lol:

tehck_1013 09-23-2015 10:47 PM

So the grandmother of my dck's aged 2 and 7 picked up today. She was collecting their stuff and turned to ask me "No car seats?" I said "Uh, no, mom didn't leave them today." So she said "Okayyy.... I guess I'll be calling mom to see what the heck she wants me to do." and turns to leave, I said I have an extra one somewhere in the garage at least for little one... She said no it's okay I'll just call mom. So I thought maybe she would go to her car and then call and have her come by. But the next thing I know she's driving away! What the heck! The baby is only two years old and gma lives at least 15 to 20 minutes away.... If I had known she was gonna just drive away I would have kept them until mom got off work :( Unbelievable.

NillaWafers 09-25-2015 01:43 PM

My new 2yr old DCG has finally settled in, doesn't cry at drop off anymore or spend her entire day hanging out by the door. That's nice, however, she's decided that the best way to get her way is to break down in sobs crying "mama" for every correction I give her.

Here are the things she's sobbed "mama" for more than 5 minutes about:

I put her in timeout for putting her entire hand in butter on the counter (which she put in her mouth!! YUCK!)
For breaking books on my bookcase and scentsy bars
I took away her food that took 45 minutes for her to eat
I asked her to lay down on her mat
I took away the water bottle she had more than 5 minutes to drink from (at naptime no less)
I lectured her for stealing from the plates I was preparing for lunch
I told her not to destroy my board books
Anytime I take away a toy she stole from another kid
Telling her to go play while outside (she just wants to sit next to me)

There's more but I don't feel like writing it all. I know this is all "testing boundaries" and seeing how much I'll let her get away with (not much) but damn is it annoying and I hope she moves on from it soon.

childcaremom 09-25-2015 01:56 PM

This is my second vent about this dcg today :(

She has only been here 3 weeks and I've sent her home sick twice already. She came back today and mom told me she was fine yesterday. I call bs.

I was clear when I sent her home that she needed to have a full day at home happy and normal routine, eating, playing normally. Mom insisted that she had when she dropped her off.

She was miserable this morning. I put her down for an early nap and she woke up miserable. The last hour was unbearable.

Ugh. TGIF!