Daycare.com Forum

Daycare.com Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daycare Center and Family Home Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Venting Thread (https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35057)

Michael 09-28-2011 02:20 PM

Venting Thread

I guess I can start this one since the Venting Thread Was Deleted! :mad::rolleyes::D

It happens sometimes. I did it once on the Positive Thread and it was our biggest thread! :eek:

No problem. So let's start this one up again since there were lots of vent/ors in the past.

Kaddidle Care 09-28-2011 02:37 PM

Oh boy!

Hmm let's see. Today I was hit 3 times and threatened with a rather large block. (To which I said "Don't You DARE!") All by the same child.

Where do these kids come from? :confused:

Thankfully my co-worker came to my rescue (she has been hit by same child as well).

I went home and had a banana split. If this kid keeps it up I'm going to be as big as a house!

Blackcat31 09-28-2011 03:18 PM

Well, my day started out with the best intentions. I've been really motivated lately to do some major cleaning, sorting and ditching of un-needed or bothersome toys and stuff. It is only Wednesday and I am feeling really good about my progress.

Then somehow, my over zealousness got ahead of my brain.... :ouch::o

But tomorrow is a new day and since I am an eternal optimist, it now looks as though child care providers do not really complain or vent that much. :p

sharlan 09-28-2011 03:48 PM

My 8 yo is melting because he got hit by a wiffle ball.

I asked how bad it hurt. His response, "I don't know how bad it hurts." "Ok, should we call an ambulance?" "Noooooooooo." "Ok, you'll live, go play."

SilverSabre25 09-29-2011 06:39 AM

Paraphrase of a convo with a dcd last night...

Him: "We're working really, really hard on potty training her. Are you able to help at all with that?" [note: this has been ongoing since February and I do help, everyday, putting her on the potty, many times]
Me: "Yes, I can, I have been--I put her on the potty everytime we have potty breaks which is pretty much every major transition, so a lot. I've also been starting to brainstorm some other ideas to help her here--"
Him: "Well, we tried her in underwear at home yesterday and it didn't go so well."
Me: "For sanitary reasons, I need to have her in something absorbant until she's doing well; you could try undies under the pull-up, or I have some cloth training pants I've been thinking of trying. I cloth diaper DS so it's no trouble."
Him: "At home she gets jelly beans for peeing and a cookie for pooping in the potty!"
Me: [resisting urge to slam my head into the nearby wall] "Oh! Ok, well bring me some of those and I can continue that here!"
Him: "Okay, We'll do that."

Guess what didn't show up with dcg today...;;headdesk:: I think I'm going to buy my own this weekend, daggone it, and start a sticker chart with her. And the cloth pants too. Anything to get them off my back--she's only here three days a week and I'm starting to feel like I'm being blamed for her not being trained yet! She's the one with NO readiness signs AT ALL.

MommyMuffin 09-29-2011 09:29 AM

My dcks are just crazy today and I am so sad. I hate it when they all misbehave all day, it makes my day so hard.

blueclouds29 09-29-2011 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MommyMuffin (Post 149598)
My dcks are just crazy today and I am so sad. I hate it when they all misbehave all day, it makes my day so hard.

OMG, here too!! WOW, i just wanted to throw in the towel and it was only 9am!!! 2 of the kids were fighting all morning with each other, 13 month old is teething so he cried all morning. THEN to top it off, what i thought was a great lunch 1 out of 5 kids ate it!! UGHHHHH it was only those Wacky Noodles and spaghetti sauce... is that bad? LOL so the rest just ate pears and their veggies... oh well!!!
Now that they are all down for a nap, i hope the afternoon gets better.
I"m also prego and i'm really trying not to stress... Ummm yeah right!!! LOL

momma2girls 09-29-2011 04:22 PM

The venting thread was deleted on here one other time as well- seems funny!

Sunshine44 10-01-2011 12:02 PM

I'm so depressed and overwhelmed right now. Between the daycare and life in general. Pray it gets better quickly.

Michael 10-01-2011 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momma2girls (Post 149788)
The venting thread was deleted on here one other time as well- seems funny!

Actually that was the Positive Thread that I deleted by mistake. :ouch:

MN Mom 10-03-2011 05:16 AM

20 min after drop-off and dcb is still having a tantrum on the floor. I'm doing my best to ignore it, and hopefully this isn't an indicator of how the rest of my day will go!! :)

momma2girls 10-03-2011 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael (Post 150267)
Actually that was the Positive Thread that I deleted by mistake. :ouch:

no, it was the other one, I know the positive one was started by after school mom and it is still on there

KBCsMommy 10-03-2011 01:03 PM

Its Monday Retraining Day.......Need I say more.....:(

sahm2three 10-03-2011 01:25 PM

Ugh. So, no one will sleep today so we have kids screaming all over the place. NO ONE HAS SLEPT!!! I am so ready for this day to be over!!! I don't think daycares should be open on Mondays! LOL!

sharlan 10-03-2011 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KBCsMommy (Post 150577)
Its Monday Retraining Day.......Need I say more.....:(

That's why we loaded up and went to Disneyland.

MN Mom 10-04-2011 06:31 AM

Dcb (2) puked not 5 min after mom and dad left twice on my livingroom floor. He had not eaten anything this morning, only had a bottle full of milk according to mom. It must have been chocolate milk because the vomit was brown like nestle quick. I have been trying for over an hour to get a hold of mom and dad at work. Their cell phone is off, main office number is busy. I sent a text to their boss....we will see....

I wish they had family in the area so I could contact someone else, but they have no one that I am aware of. GRRRRRR. Now my tummy is queasy (it's all in my head, I know).

B Lou 10-04-2011 09:07 AM

So yesterday I had a new child start in daycare. She shows up over an hour late and then hangs around for 30 min before leaving. Alway helpful. NOT! so then this morning as I send my husband off to work at 6:15 I sit down with a cup of coffee and start to enjoy the next hour of quiet time before my first child is to arrive. I no sooner sit down and there are headlights in my driveway, my phone sends me a text. It's the same parent who was late yesterday, asking me if I'm up and ready. They are here. What was I suppost to say? "No I'm still sleeping." It better get better from here.

laundrymom 10-04-2011 11:00 AM

That's when you text back. Sit tight, I'll text when I'm ready for you. Our contract is for 715am drop off but I'll text as soon as I'm ready.

Then sit down drink your coffee go back to bed if you want. Do your normal routine. Text them when you open. At regular time.
Quote:

Originally Posted by B Lou (Post 150790)
So yesterday I had a new child start in daycare. She shows up over an hour late and then hangs around for 30 min before leaving. Alway helpful. NOT! so then this morning as I send my husband off to work at 6:15 I sit down with a cup of coffee and start to enjoy the next hour of quiet time before my first child is to arrive. I no sooner sit down and there are headlights in my driveway, my phone sends me a text. It's the same parent who was late yesterday, asking me if I'm up and ready. They are here. What was I suppost to say? "No I'm still sleeping." It better get better from here.

momma2girls 10-05-2011 12:31 PM

Don't open your door til the contracted time, you have with them, opening times

MommyMuffin 10-06-2011 10:28 AM

DCB mom is on maternity leave, father took 3 weeks paternity leave. Well her leave is coming to an end and DCB has come EVERY DAY!!

Its not that I dont want him here but I dont understand why his mom with some time off of work wouldnt want to spend a day with him. I know she has a new baby...but seriously I started doing dc again when my newborn was 2 weeks old.

I just wish her last week she would say she was going to keep XX home one day to spend sometime with him. I dont get it!!!

When I brought DD to dc anytime that I wasnt running errands or working I was picking her up, even calling in sick to work when I missed her too much to send her to dc.

After reading the carrying thread...this boy fits

Unregistered 10-06-2011 10:52 AM

I'm registered, but logged out cause pretty sure families can figure me out! I broke my little toe last nite and it hurts soooo bad. I went to urgent care and sat for 2 1/2 hours before been seen. Urgent care hours were over before I was seen, so now it's considered an ER visit:( It's really hard to keep up with a 1 year old when you can barely walk. Is it Friday yet?

Nellie 10-06-2011 08:48 PM

SIL thinks she can pay when ever............what ever...........Any other kid it would have been bye, bye. Child was here an entire month before she desided she was going to pay. It has been another month and she made the comment I'll have to get to a bank soon and get you paid up(do you think). Oh she did sign a contract that I read to her and explained to her. I had to say something to get paid the first time and she made some comment like "Oh, you NEED money." My husband and I don't absolutly NEED my daycare income, but it is how we get ahead and have extra. She gets a invoice every week.............I can almost see if they were strapped for cash, but they aren't.

Springdaze 10-07-2011 06:21 AM

today a dcm says to me her husband notices my son had bumps on his arms. she said her son, who doesnt come to me anymore has a rash and they took him to the dr. I told her my son has bugbites that he scratches like crazy. just annoying that i have to defend myself and my child. she wasnt mad, but still! mind ya own!

momma2girls 10-07-2011 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nellie (Post 151875)
SIL thinks she can pay when ever............what ever...........Any other kid it would have been bye, bye. Child was here an entire month before she desided she was going to pay. It has been another month and she made the comment I'll have to get to a bank soon and get you paid up(do you think). Oh she did sign a contract that I read to her and explained to her. I had to say something to get paid the first time and she made some comment like "Oh, you NEED money." My husband and I don't absolutly NEED my daycare income, but it is how we get ahead and have extra. She gets a invoice every week.............I can almost see if they were strapped for cash, but they aren't.

Is there a contract that she signed?? Stick to your contract!! Write up a letter or tell her, she needs to pay every week, or late fees will be applied. BE STRONG!!!!

Meyou 10-07-2011 08:50 AM

DCG has a rash and DCM sprayed her with lavender oil today in case it was from bug bites. The oil is suppose to deter them from biting?

Me <------- violently allergy to lavender so I feel like my head is going to pop off if my brain doesn't drain out of my sinus's first.

That all would be fine except DH's parents are coming tomorrow and I'm having a full blown allergy attack instead of cleaning my house. :(

sharlan 10-07-2011 03:30 PM

I HATE the smell of lavender, HATE. My niece loves it and uses it in her room.

I would have put the child in the kitchen sink and washed the lavender off.

Meyou 10-08-2011 04:01 AM

I actually washed her off and washed her clothes but the damage was done and I couldn't get the smell out of the house. I took them outside 4 times yesterday to get some relief even though it was chilly. Then I took benadryl when the kids left and was fast asleep by 8pm. Poor dh wanted to watch a movie but I was done.

We're up bright and early to get the cleaning done for the inlaws now.

nannyde 10-08-2011 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meyou (Post 152311)
I actually washed her off and washed her clothes but the damage was done and I couldn't get the smell out of the house. I took them outside 4 times yesterday to get some relief even though it was chilly. Then I took benadryl when the kids left and was fast asleep by 8pm. Poor dh wanted to watch a movie but I was done.

We're up bright and early to get the cleaning done for the inlaws now.

Meyou

Don't you guys have a no scent law in NS?

Unregistered 10-10-2011 04:44 AM

why do you walk in my house talking about "yea, daddys off today, but mommys not!" and how your other kid has cavities so only give this one 100% juice no hawaiian punch. -- Its not, its crystal light, sugar free. ---still, just juice. grrrrr!!!!!!!

Meyou 10-11-2011 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nannyde (Post 152344)
Meyou

Don't you guys have a no scent law in NS?

We do but I've never had to enforce it. All gov't buildings are scent free and alot of businesses. It's not mandatory for regular businesses though. More of a courtesy at this point since so many other places are scent free.

My DC families are well aware of my allergies at the interview stage so this is the first DCK induced allergy attack I've had. Good times. lol I don't allow scented wipes, lotions, diapers or other products in my home because they make me miserable. This family has been here for 3 years and just had a brain fart I guess.

Dad apologized again today. When he picked up his kids the other night, another family was here and as soon as they saw me Mom exclaimed," OMG! You are so sick! Why didn't you call us to come get DCB?" I told them it was allergies and that I was 25 minutes from drugging myself into a happy benadryl stupor so all was well in my world. lol Lavender dad hung around until they left to apologize several times.

He won't be bringing anything stinky ever again. :lol: I will add it to my PHB for the next contract renewal though.

Nellie 10-11-2011 08:12 AM

We don't wear shoes in my house. One DCB his family was wood floors so they let him wear his shoes. I have white carpets. I didn't mind when he was little and not walking, but but now the shoes are walked around outside in them. For awhile she was bringing slippers for him to wear. Today he cried when she took his off. I was telling her he'd be fine with it once she left. She clapped them off and put them back on him. I scooped him up emmedatly before he ran across the carpet. Told her good bye and took off his shoes. Going to wash carpets tonight and in morning tell her that shoes have to be OFF carpets just washed.

nannyde 10-11-2011 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meyou (Post 152995)
We do but I've never had to enforce it. All gov't buildings are scent free and alot of businesses. It's not mandatory for regular businesses though. More of a courtesy at this point since so many other places are scent free.

My DC families are well aware of my allergies at the interview stage so this is the first DCK induced allergy attack I've had. Good times. lol I don't allow scented wipes, lotions, diapers or other products in my home because they make me miserable. This family has been here for 3 years and just had a brain fart I guess.

Dad apologized again today. When he picked up his kids the other night, another family was here and as soon as they saw me Mom exclaimed," OMG! You are so sick! Why didn't you call us to come get DCB?" I told them it was allergies and that I was 25 minutes from drugging myself into a happy benadryl stupor so all was well in my world. lol Lavender dad hung around until they left to apologize several times.

He won't be bringing anything stinky ever again. :lol: I will add it to my PHB for the next contract renewal though.

I have it as the first thing in my policies.

One whiff of musk and I will have a headache of biblical proportions. It's instant and it's SO SO SO SO painful.

Vanilla is another one....... ugh... I get anxious just typing that.

SilverSabre25 10-11-2011 01:06 PM

I found out this morning that a fuel tanker carrying around 9000 gallons of gasoline crashed on an interstate VERY close to me. Two MAJOR highways are closed right here by me. Traffic is effed. 141,000 cars usually go through this area EACH DAY. School busses are delayed; dozens were STILL out on the roads this morning at 10:47!! Everyone is using the surface roads. I was following this out of curiosity and because I go past that spot frequently, and then I realized that both my dcps have to get INTO this area to pick up :eek:!

I kind of expect them to be very, very, very late today.

The city is saying that the roads might not be open until tomorrow (Wednesday) night!

Oh, I should add--3000 gallons of fuel spilled out of a 3-inch hole.

Unregistered 10-11-2011 04:11 PM

Praying for you.....IF....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunshine44 (Post 150230)
I'm so depressed and overwhelmed right now. Between the daycare and life in general. Pray it gets better quickly.

I'll pray for you if you pray for me (MARSTELAC here...cannot find my password at the moment). Please don't be depressed. Somedays are really overwhelming but just get on here and vent away. Hugs to you....

Meyou 10-12-2011 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nannyde (Post 153160)
I have it as the first thing in my policies.

One whiff of musk and I will have a headache of biblical proportions. It's instant and it's SO SO SO SO painful.

Vanilla is another one....... ugh... I get anxious just typing that.

Vanilla....shudder. That one gets me too. High school was brutal because it was all the rage at the time so every girl in school skinny dipped in vanilla extract every morning just to torture me. :lol: I was the girl with a box of kleenex in her backpack. Tres cool. :cool:

Cat Herder 10-12-2011 06:30 AM

I am a bit burnt out with "Diaper Thongs" requiring me to do multiple wardrobe changes, treat "Chronic Monday Diaper Rash" and do more loads of laundry a day. :mad:

I understand you get more diapers for the money in the smaller sizes BUT at what point is ENOUGH ENOUGH????

Yep, that feels better. :Sunny:

Meyou 10-12-2011 08:02 AM

I know that you can't be cranky for potty accidents but how about diaper deception? I'm only kinda not serious. lol

I changed DCG who is potty training and asked her if she needed to go sit and poop because she had told me she pooped. "No poops right now!" So no poop but a fresh diaper, washed hands, sit down to lunch and 30 seconds later, "I did my poop here. Change me now." Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

I was set up for a fresh pooping diaper.

sharlan 10-12-2011 08:07 AM

Stayed up way too late last night, woke up this morning with a migraine.

Boy #1 is in a mood, wouldn't go to preschool this morning, having a fixated morning. Boy #2 is being toy possessive, everything is mine. Boy #3 dumped water in the backyard for #1 and #2 to get into.

#1 and #2 ended up in their crying chairs for fighting. #3 is on the sofa watching Sprout as punishment.

Today is going to be a loooooooong day.

dave4him 10-12-2011 10:08 AM

Since i turned 30 on Sept 18th, we have had to replace our broken dryer, buy a new washer along with a new dryer, fix a broken dishwasher, got out car rammed into by someone who didnt wanted to stray from their lane rather than stay in it! And of all things after coming home from the insurance place with an estimate got pulled over for speeding 10 over in a school zone. So far its been a bad 30! OY

SilverSabre25 10-12-2011 11:40 AM

No, no, no, no, NO!

It's 45 minutes before nap is over you stinkers! It's a dark, rainy day.

WHY ARE YOU UP AND SHOUTING IN THE NAPROOM!?!

Plus, your attempts to see how loud you can be have just woken the overly exhausted teething baby in my arms. Now I mad. Now yummy homemade cookies or muffins for YOU today I guess.

Update: all it took was a stink-eye and a low-voiced lecture about being quiet and they quieted right down and I think went back to sleep. If they had woken up and quietly left the naproom I wouldn't care. It was the impromptu shouting contest that made my blood boil.