Daycare.com Forum
First ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23  ... Last

Daycare.com Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daycare Center and Family Home Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The FUNNY Thread - What Made You Laugh Today? (https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27663)

Blackcat31 03-07-2014 07:15 AM

DCG age 3.5 (TOTAL diva) comes in the door this morning after removing her coat and says to me "You should let all the kids hug me a lot today. My shirt is really soft"

So far, she has asked several kids "Do you wanna hug me?"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Leanna 03-08-2014 08:14 AM

2 gems from this week:

DCB, 5, goes to preschool alternating days. He tells me on Thursday, "Leanna! Mr. _____ put mud on my head for St. Patrick's Day!" (It took me a full ten minutes to realize that the priest at his Catholic preschool had put ashes on his forehead for Ash Wednesday:lol:)

DCG, 4, (as we are listening to Free to Be You and Me), "Leanna, this is such a happy song! It is like Spring...like being naked in the sunshine!" :D

racemom 03-08-2014 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by Leanna:
2 gems from this week:

DCB, 5, goes to preschool alternating days. He tells me on Thursday, "Leanna! Mr. _____ put mud on my head for St. Patrick's Day!" (It took me a full ten minutes to realize that the priest at his Catholic preschool had put ashes on his forehead for Ash Wednesday:lol:)

DCG, 4, (as we are listening to Free to Be You and Me), "Leanna, this is such a happy song! It is like Spring...like being naked in the sunshine!" :D

I want to be naked in the sunshine! But there is no sun here and it's 20 degrees out so probably not going to work for me. Lol

Michelle 03-09-2014 09:52 AM

How old do I have to be to stop embarrassing myself?
Yesterday at my dd's softball game I bought two cheeseburgers for dh and dd and they told me to take the plate and wait by the barbq for the food so I'm standing there and this Asian family started yelling at each other in their language and pointing at me! I looked down and saw some ribs and various meat but no hamburgers, then I turned around and saw the leagues barbq behind the snack shop!
ugh...
(in my defense i had been taking pain killers due to a bad fall)

:lol::lol::lol:

melilley 03-13-2014 12:08 PM

I have a dcb who had unruly longish hair. Well, mom had it cut on Tues. My p/t dcb doesn't come until Thurs. and he came in today staring at the other dcb. He asked gma and I "who's that guy"? We both looked at the other dcb and said "that's a bus" (dcb was holding a bus) and dcb said "no, who's that guy"? He didn't realize that it was the dcb!

I guess a haircut makes all the difference.

Patches 03-18-2014 03:49 PM

Dcg 16 months just learned the word sock but she doesn't say it quite right. So she's walking around all day pointing to everyone's socks and saying, "cock, cock, cock" :lol:

sahm1225 03-18-2014 08:38 PM

This one is about my dd 4. We've been talking a lot about healthy eating habits. My Dah has struggled w his weight and is on a huge health kick right now. During dinner, he's telling our kids (2,4, & 6) how you need to eat healthy and stay very active. My ds 6 asks why. My DH replies 'well as you get older your metabolism slows down and your body changes.' They were quiet for a while, then dd4 says 'what is my body going to change to? Because I want to be a unicorn!'

hwichlaz 03-24-2014 09:30 PM

I have a little one who ADORES my 14 year old son. She's just turned 1 year old, but she still looks like a young infant. My son forgets her age because of her looks, size, and cuddliness.

I asked him if he would take her outside and push her on the swing because she's teething and fussy and I needed a min to finish getting the others ready for outside time.

His smart alec reply was, "Sure, if she say's that's what she wants."

The baby leans towards him, arms out nodding her head and saying, "Yeth, yeth, out!"

HAHA son, gotcha!

Oss_cc 03-26-2014 01:54 PM

The two 4 year old girls (DD and DCG) were going stir crazy this morning (pouring outside), so I made them sit down and do yoga. They took it so seriously! Their faces during a particularly difficult position cracked me up so much I took a picture for the mom and my DH. :)

Oss_cc 03-26-2014 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Sunchimes:
Dcg 3.5 had the grandmommy of tantrums at lunch today. I'm not even sure what started it, but it was a doozy. As quickly as it started, it was over, and she was chattering and eating her lunch. Suddenly, she said, "It's good to have me nice again." Hmm, ya think? :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

FCCarmyprovider 03-29-2014 11:27 AM

http://www.pinterest.com/offsite/?to...32421463721042

:D

Sunshine74 04-01-2014 05:28 PM

Me! I made my self laugh today with my April Fool's prank, and the toddlers reactions.

Play Care 04-02-2014 03:48 PM

We spent almost two hours outside this afternoon. When we came in a few minutes before pick ups, one of my boys said he needed to change his jeans as they were wet. He slips off his pants while I grab a new pair. As I turn to give them to me he says "watch my cool trick!" And he proceeds to do a somersault - except he had also taken off his underwear with his pants - so we all got treated to an unexpected moon:lol::lol::lol: and he was completely oblivious - I don't even think he realized he wasn't wearing underwear.

racemom 04-02-2014 06:34 PM

Today one of our parents were late picking up so dcb3 was watching us put toys out to dry overnight that had just been washed. He asked what we were doing and the other teacher said we were putting toys on the table so they could dry overnight. He said "oh, I thought you were getting them ready to take them home with you." She asked why he thought she was taking them home. His reply was "so you can play with them!"

Sunshine74 04-02-2014 09:52 PM

We recently did a fundraiser (selling chocolates) and the orders came in today. I told the kids that the chocolate truck was here, and DCB looked at me and said, "Chocolate...is my life!"

Blackcat31 04-07-2014 08:39 AM

Last week, I had an older DCK that had lost their privilege to play outdoors in the afternoon and would be staying inside with the littler kids the next day.

The family ended up staying home on Friday.

The family came today (Monday) and mom says to me "I knew C was suppose to stay inside as a consequence so I made C stay inside on Friday while older sibling went outside."

I couldn't help it and actually laughed out loud at the idea that mom seriously thought that she could "take care of" the consequence for me over the weekend. :lol:

I appreciate the thought but nope. :D

Josiegirl 04-07-2014 09:56 AM

Found some branches on the side of the road and put plastic eggs on them to decorate our table. One of my 3 yo dcgs asked me if I grew the egg tree. It was cute. :)

Sunchimes 04-07-2014 07:45 PM

Jokes

I've been working on telling jokes with 3 1/2 yo dcg. The progression has gone something like this...
She came in one day last week and said," What did the hippo and the cat say?" Me: What? DCG "Punch you in the face." followed by hysterical giggles.

The next day I was treated to this:
What did the big Hippopotamus say to the little hippo? (No pause for me to guess) Punchline! hysterical giggles

Today I decided to teach her a knock knock joke. It took a few tries for her to figure out to say "who's there?", but she never did catch on to the "banana who" part. So, all of our jokes went something like this...
Me:Knock knock
DCG: Who's there?
Me: Banana
hysterical giggles

Tomorrow should be interesting. :lol:

Naptime yet? 04-08-2014 08:52 PM

Maybe this isn't funny...

My dd4 was holding her doll today & said, " ugh, this baby wants me to hold it all day & I can't hold it all day"' so I asked her what she was going to do...she proceeded to get a cat collar & dog leash & drag baby around the house. Ok, that part she did not learn from me ;)

Blackcat31 04-09-2014 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by Naptime yet?:
My dd4 was holding her doll today & said, " ugh, this baby wants me to hold it all day & I can't hold it all day"' so I asked her what she was going to do...she proceeded to get a cat collar & dog leash & drag baby around the house. Ok, that part she did not learn from me ;)

New form of attachment parenting??? :lol: :D :lol:

Luna 04-11-2014 10:15 AM

This morning my group took turns oh-so-carefully carrying around a broken eggshell they found under a tree, oohing and ahhhing over it. I didn't have the heart to tell them it was a piece of paper.

craftymissbeth 04-11-2014 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by Luna:
This morning my group took turns oh-so-carefully carrying around a broken eggshell they found under a tree, oohing and ahhhing over it. I didn't have the heart to tell them it was a piece of paper.

:lol: I laughed way too hard at this

BumbleBee 04-11-2014 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Luna:

Lol. This is hilarious.

BumbleBee 04-14-2014 03:37 PM

2 yo dcb set off the co2 detector by farting in front of it.

Luna 04-15-2014 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Trummynme:

Omg :lol:

childcaremom 04-18-2014 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Trummynme:

ha ha ha:lol:

childcaremom 04-18-2014 12:32 PM

Dcg (just turned 2) sneezed... I asked her if she needed a kleenex.

Dcg: "No, I need a bless you." :lol:

hwichlaz 04-28-2014 09:07 AM

Explaining the garbage disposal.

Overheard at the breakfast table...

E: You have to be very careful of the shark in the sink when you scrape your food out of your bowl. It'll bite your hand.

My DD: There are SHARKS in the sink?

E: Not everyone has one, but a lot of people do. I heard yours growling when your mom was feeding it our old cereal last week.

They are 3 and 4 years old.

LMAO

Sunchimes 05-02-2014 06:22 PM

Three yo dcg was at the easel painting today. I asked her to draw an elephant for me. She slowly turned around, hand on hip and looked down her nose at me. (I never really knew what that expression meant until seeing it today.) She said, "I am an artist."

Sunshine74 05-13-2014 08:13 PM

Two DCG (both 2yrs) were playing with the Little People.

DCG1- The girl is up high!

DCG2- The girl is a pie?

DCG1- (gasp) Don't call her that!

:lol:

BumbleBee 05-19-2014 05:23 AM

3.5 yo dcb cracked his knuckles & exclaimed: "Woah, I just cracked like a peacock!"

No idea what that means but funny nonetheless

craftymissbeth 05-22-2014 06:42 AM

I have a 2 yo dcg that is constantly asking "who's that?" Or "what's that?". She's usually not genuinely interested in what or who it is, but it's more of just a habit. And it's constant. So I started doing what another member does and started responding with "tacos".

She just looked out the front window and said "he's here!" I asked "who is it?"

Her reply? "Tacos, B!"

:lol: oops!

NightOwl 05-22-2014 07:45 AM

Changing the diaper of 15mo old dcb and discovered a single Goldfish cracker right above his little winky. Lolol. He was saving that for later, I guess.

Cradle2crayons 05-22-2014 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by Wednesday:
Changing the diaper of 15mo old dcb and discovered a single Goldfish cracker right above his little winky. Lolol. He was saving that for later, I guess.

likethismakes total sense to me!! Maybe he'll be a doomsday prepper one day :D

SilverSabre25 05-28-2014 07:29 AM

"[Child], toenails are icky. You don't need to chew them."
"No, my need eat my toes!"
"No, you really don't need to eat your toenails."
"Yes, I do, my need eat them, they goooood."

he then took his shoes and socks off to chew on his toenails after all. He'll be three next week. Boys are WEIRD.

Luna 05-28-2014 10:32 AM

Me: Let's put on our shoes and go outside now.
Dcg3: I can sing to all the creatures!

Sunshine74 06-02-2014 08:21 PM

DCG (2) put a paper towel tube on her hand, squished the end, and and ran around the yard yelling,

"I'm a hooker!"

2grls4us 06-04-2014 06:26 AM

Dcg (almost 3) is sitting on the sofa with me as I'm flipping channels trying to just find weather for the day. She says " A.. (her name) can't eat fire".
Not sure where that came from.
Going to be a fun day.

BumbleBee 06-04-2014 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by Sunshine74:
DCG (2) put a paper towel tube on her hand, squished the end, and and ran around the yard yelling,

"I'm a hooker!"

Rofl-priceless!

Sunshine74 06-11-2014 08:24 PM

DCG1(age 2) was on her hands and knees on the floor, looking for something. DCG2(just turned 3) sat on her back. I was right next to them, so I quickly removed DCG2.

Me: "DCG, it is not ok to sit on your friends."

DCG1: "Yeah, I not a seat. You only sit on seats. Or chairs." :lol: