Daycare.com Forum

Daycare.com Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daycare Center and Family Home Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How Soon in Advance? (https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94038)

Valerie928 01-28-2021 06:08 AM

How Soon in Advance?
 
I have a new baby starting in beginning of June. I have politely asked mom if baby will be coming 4 days a week or 5. She tells me that her and her husband are working it all out still. I know June is still months away but I need to start finding 1 more kiddo to fill a spot as I am losing a child in September who is starting kindergarten. I just want all my ducks in a row. I am a planner. Is it too soon to expect these parents to know exactly how many days a week baby will be coming?

Cat Herder 01-28-2021 06:32 AM

If it is their first, they really have no clue how it is going to go. She may even change her mind about going back to work, at all. Maybe several times before now and then. :lol:

Have you considered just going to an enrolled or not enrolled program? One slot, one rate, attend as often or as little as they want. It changed my entire program for the better. :Sunny:

It is so laid back and peaceful with no child turnover. I swear you won't regret it if you do.

Valerie928 01-28-2021 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat Herder (Post 725753)
If it is their first, they really have no clue how it is going to go. She may even change her mind about going back to work, at all. Maybe several times before now and then. :lol:

Have you considered just going to an enrolled or not enrolled program? One slot, one rate, attend as often or as little as they want. It changed my entire program for the better. :Sunny:

It is so laid back and peaceful with no child turnover. I swear you won't regret it if you do.

Yep, it's their first baby. Probably their only since they are both months shy of being 40.
I like your way of doing one slot, one rate enrolled. Makes sense!

Blackcat31 01-28-2021 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valerie928 (Post 725749)
I have a new baby starting in beginning of June. I have politely asked mom if baby will be coming 4 days a week or 5. She tells me that her and her husband are working it all out still. I know June is still months away but I need to start finding 1 more kiddo to fill a spot as I am losing a child in September who is starting kindergarten. I just want all my ducks in a row. I am a planner. Is it too soon to expect these parents to know exactly how many days a week baby will be coming?

I charge weekly so parents pay for the entire week so I don't worry about how many days the child will/won't attend.

I do require notice the Friday prior of what days (if they attend less than 5) they'll be here and notice of what days they'll be absent if they attend all 5 regularly.

Otherwise, I don't care. lol! A space is a space. My parents pay for the space not for time used.

Valerie928 01-28-2021 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackcat31 (Post 725757)
I charge weekly so parents pay for the entire week so I don't worry about how many days the child will/won't attend.

I do require notice the Friday prior of what days (if they attend less than 5) they'll be here and notice of what days they'll be absent if they attend all 5 regularly.

Otherwise, I don't care. lol! A space is a space. My parents pay for the space not for time used.

Makes perfect sense!


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:14 AM.