Daycare.com Forum

Daycare.com Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daycare Center and Family Home Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Really Nice Mothers Day Craft (https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30115)

Michelle 05-03-2011 09:07 AM

Really Nice Mothers Day Craft

we drew pictures on some ceramic flower pots and filled them with beautiful diamond rocks (Walmart $3 a bag) and natural stone rocks. (I actually got everything at walmart except the flower pots)
Then we used green floral tape to wrap silk flower stems to a pen. (We did 3 per mom)
Then green pipe cleaner and made flowers out of colored tissue paper and glued on to pipe cleaner to fill the pot. So, the moms have very pretty flower pens that are functional and homemade by their kids!

For little kids you can use candy instead if you don't want them "eating" the rocks.
Then we make cards for them, I literally write down anything they say...some cute ones are "I wuv you Mommy cuz you buy me Mc Donald's "

This is an expensive craft but Mothers Day is so important to me!;)

DCMom 05-03-2011 09:11 AM

I did those last year and they were a HUGE hit! All the moms loved them :)

Sugar Magnolia 05-03-2011 10:23 AM

Thank you for sharing that wonderful idea!
Here's another:
Take digital pics of each child. Michael's Crafts has little wooden picture frames that can be painted or decorated. I have seen moms cry over these pic frames! Awww :)

PitterPatter 05-03-2011 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Michelle:
we drew pictures on some ceramic flower pots and filled them with beautiful diamond rocks (Walmart $3 a bag) and natural stone rocks. (I actually got everything at walmart except the flower pots)
Then we used green floral tape to wrap silk flower stems to a pen. (We did 3 per mom)
Then green pipe cleaner and made flowers out of colored tissue paper and glued on to pipe cleaner to fill the pot. So, the moms have very pretty flower pens that are functional and homemade by their kids!

For little kids you can use candy instead if you don't want them "eating" the rocks.
Then we make cards for them, I literally write down anything they say...some cute ones are "I wuv you Mommy cuz you buy me Mc Donald's "

This is an expensive craft but Mothers Day is so important to me!;)

My Son brought home flower pens from his school. The teachers all do their own crafts of course but that was 1 of my favorites. They even attached a little poem to it. I wish I had remembered that. I keep the flower/pen in my bedroom so it lasts longer. We have done the tissue paper flowers in the past also but I never thought to put them in anything. Great idea!

dEHmom 05-04-2011 05:32 AM

I went and bought 2 pots of geraniums (a white one and a colored one) for each mom. they were 97 cents each. Then I bought cheap little plastic flower pots (1.50 each), and we planted the geraniums in the pots after I put handprints of the kids on them, and wrote out a poem onto them. In total I spent 9 dollars.