Daycare.com Forum

Daycare.com Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daycare Center and Family Home Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Mom Asked Me........ (https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85941)

mia 04-05-2017 08:39 PM

Mom Asked Me........

Client asked me a question in regards to Easter Monday. I am closed Good Friday and I am closed Easter Monday for Easter since I do not work on Sundays. All Holidays are paid for and is stated so in contract. Clients do not pay if I am closed do to illness or Dr's and vacation..

Client says to me at pick up
( About Easter Monday since its not a kinda not a holiday and I need to get alternate care and I really dont want to have to pay for 2 places do I have to pay you or could I even pay half instead of full I really dont want to pay full because I have to put child into back up for the day with sibling ).....

How would you all respond?
What would you do if anything?

Leigh 04-05-2017 09:31 PM

I would respond with "whether it's a "real" holiday or not, it is listed in my contract as a paid day off, so I won't be discounting for that day".

Denali 04-05-2017 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by mia:
Client asked me a question in regards to Easter Monday. I am closed Good Friday and I am closed Easter Monday for Easter since I do not work on Sundays. All Holidays are paid for and is stated so in contract. Clients do not pay if I am closed do to illness or Dr's and vacation..

( About Easter Monday since its not a kinda not a holiday and I need to get alternate care and I really dont want to have to pay for 2 places do I have to pay you or could I even pay half instead of full I really dont want to pay full because I have to put child into back up for the day with sibling ).....

"What does your contract/parent handbook say?"

Or

"All Holidays are paid for and is stated so in contract."

If you do anything else then What is stated in your policies this time, definitely expected her to want it for every time after.

Do NOT dig yourself that hole.

trix23 04-05-2017 10:26 PM

I love asking "What does the handbook say" because then they are like "well I figured I could ask you..."

Say, "My holiday closure dates are listed in the handbook and are paid holidays. You agreed to this policy when you signed up with my program. I will be closed that day and regular tuition will be due."

CityGarden 04-05-2017 10:28 PM

All families have to honor the contract.

Meeko 04-06-2017 05:56 AM

Stick to your contract/handbook. If you give in this time, she will use the same exact story next time and you will not be able to THEN tell her that you are sticking to your policies. She will argue that you could bend once, so you can do it again.

Blackcat31 04-06-2017 06:11 AM

I'd just tell her that she can pay as outlined in your handbook and according to the agreement she signed or she can kinda not pay and then kinda not have daycare anymore. Her choice. ;)

Always stick to the policies YOU created.

mia 04-06-2017 07:20 AM

Thanks ladies, you are all awesome.

I just messaged mom

( I thought about your question last night. Unfortunately I am going to decline. Holiday closure pays are due, they are listed in contract / handbook. Pay will still be the same. Thanks ).

Now just wait to see her response.

Yes this mom is one that would definitely try again, and would state that I did it once I could do it again.

Thanks ladies, if she dislikes my answer to bad... lol....

I need to keep my backbone up right.....

Have a great day everyone...

Annalee 04-06-2017 07:25 AM

Silly questions like these are why I went to 52 weeks pay a year. Rarely do I have to explain my pay now. I close all school holidays, take my vacations, unlimited personal/emergency days, professional days, etc. This is the FIRST thing I bring up in interview! some of these questions from parents make me go :eek: :rolleyes::confused:

Ariana 04-06-2017 10:31 AM

As per my contract stat holidays are paid. Have a nice day!

I recently had a mom ask me to waive the fee for her son because he was sick. "As per my contract, daycare fees are due even when children are at home sick"

No emotion, just facts.

thrivingchildcarecom 04-06-2017 12:14 PM

If it's in the contract, that's the policy. If you want to be nice I would state that you understand but that the policy is in the contract to allow parents ample time make other arrangements.