Daycare.com Forum
First ... 9 10 11 12 13 21  ... Last

Daycare.com Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daycare Center and Family Home Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The FUNNY Thread - What Made You Laugh Today? (https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27663)

slorey 06-05-2013 07:51 AM

Dcg, 4, was very quiet during breakfast. When she realized she hadn't said much in a few minutes she said to me "want to know what I am thinking of? I was thinking of my 2 boyfriends, Spencer and Andrew. I am going to date them when I get older."

sally 06-05-2013 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Sunshine74:
I love to hear kid versions of popular songs. DCB(3) was singing "Gangnam Style" or in his version, "OrangeGreen Gangdum star".

This morning while young dd and dcb were eating breakfast which included sliced banana, my older dd was singing "Banana Style" to "Gangnam Style":lol:

Luna 06-05-2013 04:37 PM

I made a book nook from a playpen (did I get that idea from this board?) and my dcb4 went right in there to lay horse eggs.

Patches 06-06-2013 10:21 AM

So today my in laws are coming to pick my boys for the weekend (they live about 2 hours away). Last night we weretalking about them going and DH said, "Are you going to miss Daddy?" and my older DS (5) said, "I'm gonna miss Daddy" then he leaned over to me and said, "I like to call Daddy, Miss Daddy" Just like he calls my assisstant and me Miss So&So during daycare time.
:lol::lol:

Josiegirl 06-11-2013 04:39 AM

I have an extremely verbal 2 1/2 yo little girl. I swear she's been talking from the day she turned one. She's not much of a napper and I keep her on a mat right beside me during quiet time. She chatters a blue streak the whole time and no amount of shushing is going to keep her quiet. I give her books, puzzles, etc. Yesterday after saying sssh for the umpteenth time, she says "I don't come here just to be quiet you know".
Oh boy :)

Lefse&Kids 06-24-2013 12:14 PM

watching a 20 month old (who no longer gets a paci) "correct" a 4 month old by taking the paci out of the baby's mouth, pat the baby's tummy, then give me the pacifier and then point to the "offender".

2 young 2 feel this old 06-27-2013 02:43 PM

OOOPS she is old enought to "get it" now!

After quiet time I play music, today an upbeat song (from disney) was on and DCG2 starts dancing happyface TOO CUTE! I look over again and her shirt is off and her hips are gyrating :eek: I asked her what she was doing and she said "I dancing" I shared the story laughingly with DCM and she explained the she and DCD were flipping through channels and a popular movie came on with some questionable dance moves in it, they didn't think DCG was really watching until she stared mimicing the moves. I think we will stick with nursery rhymes to end quiet time for awhile. :lol:

BumbleBee 06-28-2013 01:26 PM

My dck are currently pretending they're amish pirates. No lack of imagination here.

Josiegirl 06-28-2013 03:44 PM

I caught 6 yo dcb picking up 13 month old girl and I get nervous about things like that so the conversation went like this:
Me: Dcb, you need to ask permission first.
Dcb: I did.
Me: I didn't hear you?
Dcb: I didn't ask you. I asked her(pointing to 13 month dcg.)

Lefse&Kids 07-02-2013 10:53 AM

My son goes to a dcb with this stick contstructed contraption thingy and says (very well pronounced)"...this is a zzzvuujukkenjvuuzill".... seriously, this word was on purpose. I asked him to repeat it and he said no.

He then asks me where I want him to play. I suggest on the couch next to me and he says.... "umm, I don't want to be next to you.." oh motherhood..

Blackcat31 07-03-2013 01:44 PM

As I am putting peanut butter on a few bagels for snack, DCG age 5 says "Are there peanuts in that? I don't like anything with nuts."

I say "Um, it's peanut butter...it's made from nuts"

She says "Oh okay. Well I love peanut butter."

I say "But I thought you said you don't like anything with nuts?"

She says "I don't."

:confused::confused: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Scout 07-10-2013 04:42 PM

Me to ds, 2 yo, "Did you poop?"
him, "no, Spiderman did!":lol:

Childminder 07-14-2013 08:15 PM

Sooo...Sam(3) is watching the Land Before Time and sees a Brontosaurus and T-Rex fight. "Gramma, did you ever see dinosaurs fight?" "No I haven't" I reply. "Well I thought cause you lived a long time ago and are really old, you might have." Thanks Sam, I love you too.

BumbleBee 07-15-2013 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by Childminder:
Sooo...Sam(3) is watching the Land Before Time and sees a Brontosaurus and T-Rex fight. "Gramma, did you ever see dinosaurs fight?" "No I haven't" I reply. "Well I thought cause you lived a long time ago and are really old, you might have." Thanks Sam, I love you too.

:lol: My dck think my mom rode to school on a brontosaurus. She told them that as a joke when they commented on how old she was. Unfortunately, they believed her.

Sunchimes 07-29-2013 12:54 PM

Playing fetch with the cat

My cats love the dcks and spend most of the day being stepped on, tripped over, spit up on, drooled on, and loved. They have little plastic balls that I usually keep hidden because they are too small for the babies to find. However, one recently surfaced and my cat and dcg are playing fetch. They started this game about the time she learned to walk (she's nearly 3 now), and whenever Kitty finds one of his toys, it starts up again. DCG throws the ball down the hall, Kitty leaps over the gate and runs after it while the kids squeal, then Kitty runs back to the gate, leaps over it into the playroom and drops the ball at dcg's feet. Repeat endlessly. That wonderful cat can keep all of the kids entertained for 20 minutes at a time by fetching that ball. I need to keep the camera handy to do a video before the ball "goes missing" again.

GrannyJ 07-29-2013 02:31 PM

dcg4- GrannyJ I have a brain and you have a brain.

Me- Yes, everyone has a brain.

dcg- No, my mommy says the peoples at her work don't have a brain!!!

daycarediva 07-29-2013 02:45 PM

I always lay the kids down in the nap room, read them their stories, do tuck in's, put on music and sit down to complete paperwork on the laptop until everyone falls asleep. Today I had already finished my paperwork, so I got out my ipad and was going to play angry birds.

dcb: "Miss ***** you doing your paperwork?"
me: "Yes dcb, now shhhh it's rest time."
dcb: "I CALL BS! YOU'RE PLAYING ANGRY BIRDS!"

I almost peed my pants trying not to laugh at him. He still doesn't quite get why 'BS' is a naughty word. :lol:

Lyss 07-29-2013 10:00 PM

DCG (3.5) was playing with the toy laptop on the table and talking on the play cell phone after random chatting and "work" DCG sighs heavily and says:

"Uh I said no! Jeez I'm so tired of doing your timesheets for you" and pretends to hang up the phone "My job is so fust trading, i need a vacation"

:lol:

BumbleBee 07-30-2013 06:18 AM

Me: Dcb go potty please.

Dcb: My p*n*s no hassa go potty. See, I ask him... *looks down at his p*n*s* and says "p*n*s, you hassa go potty?" *raises voice a few notes* "oh no, I no hassa go potty!" Dcb looks at me and goes "see, he say no."

I was rofl. And yes, I did make him go potty, despite what his p*n*s said.

CedarCreek 08-01-2013 11:48 AM

I have one DCB in particular that repeats a lot of what he hears (Mom insisted he learned "shut up" from my house. He ABSOLUTELY did not.)

Yesterday, he came into the living room singing. I started to listen to hear what the song was:

DCB: "I put my hand up on yo hip, then I dip, you dip, we dip!"

Me: "No, thank you! I love your singing but please pick another song!"

Yeah, he hears all the bad things from my house :rolleyes:

Blackcat31 08-02-2013 08:20 AM

How cute is this? Went to change a poopy diaper and saw the baby had one of these on. Finally a print/pattern that says it line it is!!!! Lol!!!

Childminder 08-02-2013 08:38 AM

Aunt Cheri! The fairies were here! I found part of their zipper!
DCG4 ran up to me with a tiny finding off of a necklace. I wish they'd been here, and their friends the elves. My house could use a good cleaning.

CedarCreek 08-02-2013 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
How cute is this? Went to change a poopy diaper and saw the baby had one of these on. Finally a print/pattern that says it line it is!!!! Lol!!!

That is cute!

daycarediva 08-02-2013 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by CedarCreek:
I have one DCB in particular that repeats a lot of what he hears (Mom insisted he learned "shut up" from my house. He ABSOLUTELY did not.)

Yesterday, he came into the living room singing. I started to listen to hear what the song was:

DCB: "I put my hand up on yo hip, then I dip, you dip, we dip!"

Me: "No, thank you! I love your singing but please pick another song!"

Yeah, he hears all the bad things from my house :rolleyes:

My dcg's new favorite is now "Up all night to get lucky" she was freaking out that dcg learned to say POOPY here (in context, no less) and I just laughed at her this morning. "Getting lucky is good, poopy is bad. I'll keep that in mind dcm."

Lyss 08-14-2013 01:30 PM

DCG (3) informed me today that she wants to be a nun when she gets to be a "giant growned up" so she can "wear pajamas all day" :lol::lol:

The Sound of Music is her current favorite movie (she's only allowed to watch the first 1/2 half, no Nazi parts yet)

Later she threw a fit and had to sit away from the group to calm down, in between sobs I hear her quietly singing:
"Raindrop roses" *sob* "whiskers on kitties" *sob* "when I'm feeling sad" *deep breath* "I 'member my favorite things and then I don't feel bad" *another deep breath" "Ok Lyss! I'm done crying" :lol:

daycarediva 08-14-2013 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Lyss:
DCG (3) informed me today that she wants to be a nun when she gets to be a "giant growned up" so she can "wear pajamas all day" :lol::lol:

The Sound of Music is her current favorite movie (she's only allowed to watch the first 1/2 half, no Nazi parts yet)

Later she threw a fit and had to sit away from the group to calm down, in between sobs I hear her quietly singing:
"Raindrop roses" *sob* "whiskers on kitties" *sob* "when I'm feeling sad" *deep breath* "I 'member my favorite things and then I don't feel bad" *another deep breath" "Ok Lyss! I'm done crying" :lol:

adorable!

Sunshine74 08-14-2013 07:55 PM

Awwww.

P.S. I love that movie too!

Laurel 08-17-2013 02:27 AM

I had two funny comments from my 7 year old granddaughter today.

I had some frozen entrees and she said all 3 looked good and she couldn't decide. Then she did eeny, meany, miney, mo to decide. I mentioned something about it is sometimes hard to make decisions. She said "I find that eeny, meany, miney, mo is a good way to make decisions."

Later we were doing abstract art while the little ones were napping. I was frustrated because mine weren't coming out like I wanted them to. I told her I wasn't very good at art. She said "Grandma, it is abstract art. You don't have to be good."

Out of the mouth of babes....

Laurel

Laurel 08-17-2013 02:29 AM

That is so sweet!

Laurel

Lefse&Kids 08-19-2013 02:36 PM

I'm up way early

I am sitting and talking to one of my dcg's who's 6 yrs old. Our conversation goes as such....

Her- "I get up really early, like 10 o'clock. Well, that's not super early. I used to have to get up at 20 o'clock. THAT was early."
Me- "oh, that sounds very early. I like to sleep so that's too early for me"
Her- "Yea, your probably like my mom. She sleeps in really really really really late. Like super o'clock."
Me- "Yea , that sounds like me" (trying not to laugh at this point)
Her- "yea but when I go to school I'll have to get up at 12:30 o'clock"
Me- "sounds like you'll need to get some good sleep"
Her- "yea, I guess"

I wish I had a recorder.

blandino 08-19-2013 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

Those are from The Honest Co.

I LOVE them. In the least disgusting way possible, I HATE throwing them away.

https://www.honest.com/baby/honest-diapers

Sunchimes 08-20-2013 12:54 PM

We had to have our dog put to sleep this morning. DCG asked where they were going and I simply said that Babe was sick and going to the doctor. When husband came home later, she asked where Babe was. I really didn't want to get into this too much-she just turned 3--so I said that she didn't live with us anymore, she had gone to Heaven to live with Jesus.

She accepted it and moved on. A little later, out of the blue, she said "Babe went to Heaven to eat Cheetos." I started to correct her, then I realized that eating Cheetos would have been Babe's idea of Heaven, so I just nodded and moved on.

Patches 08-20-2013 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Sunchimes:
We had to have our dog put to sleep this morning. DCG asked where they were going and I simply said that Babe was sick and going to the doctor. When husband came home later, she asked where Babe was. I really didn't want to get into this too much-she just turned 3--so I said that she didn't live with us anymore, she had gone to Heaven to live with Jesus.

She accepted it and moved on. A little later, out of the blue, she said "Babe went to Heaven to eat Cheetos." I started to correct her, then I realized that eating Cheetos would have been Babe's idea of Heaven, so I just nodded and moved on.

:hug: :( Sorry for your loss. Those little ones sure have a way of brightening up a sad time, though

MyAngels 08-23-2013 07:38 PM

My 15 month old gdd was recently babbling very vocally to my nearly 5 year old DCB, to which he replied, "I can't understand Baby Girl, I forgot all my baby words."

tootieb 08-26-2013 01:23 PM

Funny today

Almost 3 year old girl telling me about her two cats at home (they don't have cats), one is Tim, he's blue and Sandy is purple! Well of course they are, lol!

Blackcat31 08-26-2013 01:29 PM

Community college courses started today here.

DCM comes in this morning and says "Wow, I don't think we've ever been the first ones here before."

Her DD (age 4) looks up at here and promptly replies "Mom, I don't think we've ever been on time before."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

She is usually scheduled for mid-morning drop off but is late on a daily basis... so I literally had to step aside so DCM didn't see me get coffee up my nose from stifling a laugh. :lol: :lol:

BumbleBee 10-22-2013 08:23 AM

4 yo dcg was eating some fresh picked raspberries for snack. She picks one up, stares at it with a confused look and says "Raspberries have HAIR???"

BumbleBee 10-22-2013 08:25 AM

I was talking to my mom about making an appt for bloodwork to check my thyroid.

Dcb (2) goes "what's a thyroid?"

Dcg (4) responds "THIS is a thyroid" as she pats her thigh.

Jamie 10-23-2013 09:05 AM

Twins, 1.5 years old, play in front of the kitchen near the hall while I am at the kitchen table slicing fruit for snack.
One twin toddles in, looks at me and breaks out in laughter. Runs to his brother and shouts "dadaiDAT!!!" Both toddler into the kitchen, look at me, laugh out loud and run out into the hall where they keep laughing.

So glad you're having fun with me boys, but... What...? :confused::lol:

Blackcat31 10-23-2013 12:24 PM

I have a pineapple sitting on the counter.

DCB age 3.5 runs up to it.

Looks curiously at it.

and says "Aha! I found you Sponge Bob!"

Then runs off to play! :lol: