Daycare.com Forum

Daycare.com Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daycare Center and Family Home Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Covid Vaccine? (https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93911)

springv 11-30-2020 12:29 PM

Covid Vaccine?
 
I was sitting here thinking, since we are so close to having a vaccine available, how many of ya'll will be getting a vaccine and will you require your families to get their children a vaccine? Do you think that your states childcare standards will include that children will have to get a vaccine as a requirement to attend childcare or school?

Cat Herder 11-30-2020 12:43 PM

I won't take the first rounds, nor will I require my clients to.

My grandma was one of the not so lucky ones who contracted polio through the first rounds, back in the day. :ouch: I don't feel so lucky as to risk it for a while.....

Annalee 11-30-2020 01:28 PM

Several will take this vaccine before me.....not in a hurry at all to take it....:ouch:

coloradoprovider 11-30-2020 02:27 PM

Covid vaccine
 
Unless one is a healthcare provider, first responder, etc. (or are a VIP) you won't get the first round anyway. I plan to be vaccinated as soon as I can. The early vaccinated will be closely scrutinized, so by the time us lowly peons are eligible, hope that most of the kinks are worked out.

CenterTeacher20 11-30-2020 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coloradoprovider (Post 723866)
Unless one is a healthcare provider, first responder, etc. (or are a VIP) you won't get the first round anyway. I plan to be vaccinated as soon as I can. The early vaccinated will be closely scrutinized, so by the time us lowly peons are eligible, hope that most of the kinks are worked out.

Agreed, 100%.

Cat Herder 12-01-2020 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coloradoprovider (Post 723866)
Unless one is a healthcare provider, first responder, etc. you won't get the first round anyway.

I am and still feel the same. :Sunny: Most of my co-workers do, too. Medical history tends to repeat itself. Especially when rushed. Money always wins over public health. It just does.

Blackcat31 12-01-2020 09:13 AM

I am not sure how I feel about this vaccine.

I think it's good that one is being developed and dispersed but I am leery due to lack of medical knowledge.

This vaccine may prevent and/or minimize COVID but at what expense? Immediate and future.

Too many times have we (as a society) thought something was good/great only to find out that it came with a cost.

Asbestos
DDT pesticide
Talc in baby power
mercury
lead paint
Bisphenol A (BPA)
etc.....

Valerie928 12-01-2020 09:19 AM

Yes, I will take it. The science behind this vaccine is amazing. I trust it. It's not the 1950's anymore, we are way more advanced. We have several vaccines on deck, 2 of them seeking emergency approval from the FDA.

Ariana 12-01-2020 09:43 AM

I feel pretty confident in the vaccine but we aren't likely going to get it for a while. I am leaving it up to everyone's choice.

Gemma 12-01-2020 09:47 AM

I never really trusted vaccines in general, meaning I fear more the side effects than I do the actual disease

I will not get this vaccine, nor require anyone else to

sammie 12-01-2020 10:32 AM

I will not take the vaccine. As I have told all of my families, I will not be a government guinea pig. :ouch:

Cat Herder 12-01-2020 10:46 AM

"Traditional vaccines are usually stored between 35 degrees Fahrenheit and 46 degrees Fahrenheit, but some of the leading COVID-19 vaccines need to be stored at much colder temperatures. Moderna’s vaccine requires a storage temperature of minus 4 degrees Fahrenheit, whereas Pfizer’s vaccine candidate requires a storage temperature of minus 94 degrees Fahrenheit."

I know the huge amount of waste and errors involved in transporting/storing human blood at +2įC to +8įC. :ouch: Eventually it will be more stable and reliable. It will. likethis Eventually.

Cat Herder 12-01-2020 11:01 AM

Adding link: https://www.discovermagazine.com/hea...g-distribution

I did not intentionally leave out the source. :o

"Every issue of Discover delivers:

Ľ The latest news, theories, and developments in the world of science

Ľ Compelling stories and breakthroughs in health, medicine and the mind

Ľ Environmental issues and their relevance to daily life

Ľ Cutting-edge technology and its impact on our future

Ľ Thought-provoking articles from award-winning editors, opinion makers, Nobel laureates and renegade scientists.

Discover Magazine. Expand your mind."

AmyKidsCo 12-02-2020 01:48 PM

I won't take it and won't require my families to. My aunt had polio and survived, so I do support vaccines. But my mom tells stories of how the first polio vaccine killed people. I understand why they want a Covid vaccine ASAP but am worried about long term effects. What if we discover that it causes something worse 5 years down the road?

Cat Herder 12-02-2020 02:07 PM

Britain will start giving it in a few days. https://www.usnews.com/news/business...-emergency-use

Josiegirl 12-03-2020 03:55 AM

I am very undecided about this vaccine. As much as I *want* it to be the 'let's get back to normal' thing, I need to wait and see what happens with it. I figure by the time it's in plentiful enough supply for everyone, most of the kinks should be out of it. I hope. I prefer to live cautiously for awhile longer.
My sister still refuses to get regular annual flu vaccines because after a couple of tries and getting sicker than a dog, she gave up. She's one of those people that has strange things happen to her body. Ex. she doesn't have just cataracts or glaucoma or macular degeneration, nope she has all 3.
And TBH, I tried for about 6 weeks to get the high dose flu vaccine this fall and ended up on a waitlist through Walgreens. They called me yesterday to finally get it and I declined. My thought was I'll keep playing cautiously, staying home more and hope for the best.

IF I was still doing dc, it'd be a different story. But I don't think I could see myself expecting dcfs to make their children take a vaccine that is so new.

Valerie928 12-04-2020 05:34 AM

Once this vaccine/vaccines become available globally I have a feeling that proof of vaccination is going to be mandatory if one chooses to travel abroad.

Cat Herder 12-04-2020 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valerie928 (Post 723963)
Once this vaccine/vaccines become available globally I have a feeling that proof of vaccination is going to be mandatory if one chooses to travel abroad.

Religious and personal waivers will always exist.

They (the gov.) have spent all kinds of energy trying to force our hands into taking unvaccinated kids, it will be funny to watch them backpedal now that it suits them.

daycarediva 12-04-2020 11:47 AM

Not taking/not requiring boat.

Anything 'fast tracked' is NOT going through proper testing and protocol, which is already falliable.

No thanks.

Ms.Kay 12-04-2020 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daycarediva (Post 723969)
Not taking/not requiring boat.

Anything 'fast tracked' is NOT going through proper testing and protocol, which is already falliable.

No thanks.




I want to see every government official to get it first......if they think we all ahould get it!!!

Valerie928 12-04-2020 12:46 PM

Ladies, I encourage you to at least look into what this vaccine is about. The vaccine does not contain the virus in it. The vaccine was created using mrna. Bottom line is, all the vaccine does it take those damn "spikes" off the viral particles so that they cannot infiltrate your lungs. There is more to it, please don't assume the worst. Read about it.

Cat Herder 12-04-2020 01:18 PM

Please don't assume we have not read about it.

Valerie928 12-04-2020 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat Herder (Post 723974)
Please don't assume we have not read about it.


Many people just read media instead of looking into facts. I am guilty of this at times. I was just saying to look into and read about the facts.

Blackcat31 12-04-2020 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valerie928 (Post 723972)
Ladies, I encourage you to at least look into what this vaccine is about. The vaccine does not contain the virus in it. The vaccine was created using mrna. Bottom line is, all the vaccine does it take those damn "spikes" off the viral particles so that they cannot infiltrate your lungs. There is more to it, please don't assume the worst. Read about it.

I am not one to read/automatically believe anything the media says.

However, I am hesitant to be overly giddy about this vaccine because there is NO evidence yet as to how people react to it long term.

I know and understand what science says but even science can't predict the future with 100% accuracy and I have experienced first hand the minimal risks that "could" or "might" occur with something that was okay for 95% of others.

Time is the ONLY proof for me in regards to long term side effects.

I know that it's not 1950's anymore as you stated above but I am willing to bet that in the 1950's when women were flocking to get IUD's that someone somewhere told someone else that there was nothing to worry about as it's not the 1800's anymore. IYKWIM. :ouch:

Also for what it's worth, it's not just this vaccine that I am like this about.... I am and always have been a "wait and see" type person in regards to things like this.

Lasik surgery is another example....I've had bad eyesight for years and people are forever telling me about the miracle of lasik surgery. I am hesitant though as every year they 'make great strides' in improving it.

If it was so great in the first place, how can they make so much improvement? lol! I'll keep wearing my contacts/glasses and just wait until the improvements are few and far between. :ouch::)

Valerie928 12-04-2020 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackcat31 (Post 723977)
I am not one to read/automatically believe anything the media says.

However, I am hesitant to be overly giddy about this vaccine because there is NO evidence yet as to how people react to it long term.

I know and understand what science says but even science can't predict the future with 100% accuracy and I have experienced first hand the minimal risks that "could" or "might" occur with something that was okay for 95% of others.

Time is the ONLY proof for me in regards to long term side effects.

I know that it's not 1950's anymore as you stated above but I am willing to bet that in the 1950's when women were flocking to get IUD's that someone somewhere told someone else that there was nothing to worry about as it's not the 1800's anymore. IYKWIM. :ouch:

Also for what it's worth, it's not just this vaccine that I am like this about.... I am and always have been a "wait and see" type person in regards to things like this.

Lasik surgery is another example....I've had bad eyesight for years and people are forever telling me about the miracle of lasik surgery. I am hesitant though as every year they 'make great strides' in improving it.

If it was so great in the first place, how can they make so much improvement? lol! I'll keep wearing my contacts/glasses and just wait until the improvements are few and far between. :ouch::)

Funny you should mention the lasik procedure! My husband had this procedure done in 2008 and his eyesight is now back to how it was before the procedure:eek:

flying_babyb 12-04-2020 07:17 PM

other here! I will take the vaccine AFTER its been out awile and i see what happens to others who take it.

VictoryCare 12-05-2020 04:30 PM

You should have more faith in science

Michael 12-05-2020 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VictoryCare (Post 723985)
You should have more faith in science

I have faith in science, its the people that keep changing the science to fit their agenda that has me losing faith.

The biggest question for me now with this pandemic is-what is the number of those that have died WITH Covid as opposed to those that have died FROM Covid? The science and truth therein lies our freedom and path forward.

VictoryCare 12-06-2020 03:58 AM

If you have an underlying condition, such as diabetes, and you get Covid and die, than you died from covid with an underlying condition of diabetes.

Gemma 12-06-2020 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael (Post 723986)
-what is the number of those that have died WITH Covid as opposed to those that have died FROM Covid?

This is my thinking as well!

Gemma 12-06-2020 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VictoryCare (Post 723987)
If you have an underlying condition, such as diabetes, and you get Covid and die, than you died from covid with an underlying condition of diabetes.

IMO If it's true that social distancing, wearing a mask and vaccinate can keep one from getting infected, this info should be given as an advise to the vulnerable, the CDC/government should not impose restrictions on everyone.
I feel the same about vaccines, if they save the individual who gets it, no vaccine should ever be mandatory JMO

VictoryCare 12-06-2020 06:20 AM

But who has it, and who is just a carrier, that's why we need a mandate, everyone wears a mask for 10 weeks, or for years, I say 10 weeks, people don't want to sacrifice, they want everything right now, its easier to believe this isn't real so they can justify not following the rules. These scientist in the WHOLE world are conspiring together and have nothing better to do with their time, those who do not wear masks are selfish and have no regard for others

VictoryCare 12-06-2020 06:26 AM

WITH covid or FROM covid your fighting over semantics, your dead whether from or with, covid helped kill you either way

VictoryCare 12-06-2020 06:32 AM

The path to freedom and truth is through sacrifice and compliance, there are rules for everything and everybody. You want things back to normal then do the work

MyAngels 12-06-2020 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael (Post 723986)

The biggest question for me now with this pandemic is-what is the number of those that have died WITH Covid as opposed to those that have died FROM Covid?

This is the kind of thinking that allows people to believe they are justified in bucking the system when it comes to wearing masks, etc. I have an Aunt who is a diabetic. She caught Covid. Prior to being infected with Covid she was relatively healthy at 78 years old, her diabetes was pretty well controlled. She died within a week of catching Covid. Barring some unforeseen circumstance, she'd be alive today if she had not been infected with Covid.

With or from is neither here nor there. It does not seem like anyone has any idea who will be killed or affected long term from Covid. My dh (diabetic) got it, with no ill effects so far. A 30 year old woman in my town with no underlying conditions died within a week. That's why we should be at least trying to stop the spread until we can get more information and/or a vaccine.

Michael 12-06-2020 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VictoryCare (Post 723992)
The path to freedom and truth is through sacrifice and compliance, there are rules for everything and everybody. You want things back to normal then do the work

There’s an old saying- the road to hell is paved with good intentions. Do with your life as you see fit. No one is preventing you from doing so.

Michael 12-06-2020 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyAngels (Post 723993)
This is the kind of thinking that allows people to believe they are justified in bucking the system when it comes to wearing masks, etc. I have an Aunt who is a diabetic. She caught Covid. Prior to being infected with Covid she was relatively healthy at 78 years old, her diabetes was pretty well controlled. She died within a week of catching Covid. Barring some unforeseen circumstance, she'd be alive today if she had not been infected with Covid.

With or from is neither here nor there. It does not seem like anyone has any idea who will be killed or affected long term from Covid. My dh (diabetic) got it, with no ill effects so far. A 30 year old woman in my town with no underlying conditions died within a week. That's why we should be at least trying to stop the spread until we can get more information and/or a vaccine.

No one is minimizing the dangers of this or any disease. COVID is no different that any pathogen that can kill. Close to 40,000 Americans die from influenza each year but we still go about our lives. Does it matter more or less if there are more deaths form COVID? The answer is yes. But only if those numbers are dying FROM Covid. I am skeptical that the current numbers are as high as they are.

Very early on I wore N95 masks, used sanitizers, gloves, even washed my groceries, you name it, I was doing it. If anyone was taking it seriously, I was. My thinking has evolved. Back in May, my good friend’s cousin died in New York. He told me it was from Covid. That is what the hospital had told his family. What he eventually found out was that that his cousin died from a drug overdose. But since his cousin had the Covid antibodies he was listed as dying from Covid. That matters. It matters with government policies and procedures, budgeting and the movement of resources. Trillions of dollars are involved.

If the purpose of these lockdowns is to keep people from dying, then the simplest remedy would be to stay safe home and never go out. That goes for any activity, be it driving, skiing, hang gliding, mountain climbing, scuba diving, dining out and even traveling to foreign countries. I’m not will make that sacrifice-living.

I’m glad the vaccine is going to be available. Those that want it and will become free, and liberated from the threat. They should be the first in line. I doubt I will ever be in that line. I go to great lengths to take care of my immune system, how I manage it and the things I put in my body.

What becomes of America- is in how it then treats those that do not want the vaccine. That will be interesting. Will we all go about finally living and moving forward or will it result in there being a policy of forced punishment or reward?

VictoryCare 12-06-2020 01:10 PM

Sometimes you dont know whats good for you. You can choose not to vaccinate. But to choose not to wear a mask and follow guidelines is not only putting yourself at risk but its putting others at risk as well, and with that you shouldnt get to decide

MyAngels 12-06-2020 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael (Post 723997)
No one is minimizing the dangers of this or any disease. COVID is no different that any pathogen that can kill. Close to 40,000 Americans die from influenza each year but we still go about our lives. Does it matter more or less if there are more deaths form COVID? The answer is yes. But only if those numbers are dying FROM Covid. I am skeptical that the current numbers are as high as they are.

Very early on I wore N95 masks, used sanitizers, gloves, even washed my groceries, you name it, I was doing it. If anyone was taking it seriously, I was. My thinking has evolved. Back in May, my good friendís cousin died in New York. He told me it was from Covid. That is what the hospital had told his family. What he eventually found out was that that his cousin died from a drug overdose. But since his cousin had the Covid antibodies he was listed as dying from Covid. That matters. It matters with government policies and procedures, budgeting and the movement of resources. Trillions of dollars are involved.

If the purpose of these lockdowns is to keep people from dying, then the simplest remedy would be to stay safe home and never go out. That goes for any activity, be it driving, skiing, hang gliding, mountain climbing, scuba diving, dining out and even traveling to foreign countries. Iím not will make that sacrifice-living.

Iím glad the vaccine is going to be available. Those that want it and will become free, and liberated from the threat. They should be the first in line. I doubt I will ever be in that line. I go to great lengths to take care of my immune system, how I manage it and the things I put in my body.

What becomes of America- is in how it then treats those that do not want the vaccine. That will be interesting. Will we all go about finally living and moving forward or will it result in there being a policy of forced punishment or reward?

I do agree that the numbers are somewhat inflated, but even if they are only half of the numbers reported it's a lot higher than the flu. Your friend's cousin's death was caused by an overdose, I don't consider that an underlying condition. Wherever government funding is involved there is always going to be fraud, waste and abuse.

The problem I see with Covid is there are so many people who are asymptomatic or only mildly symptomatic that the spread is nearly impossible to control without using the very simple tasks of mask wearing, social distancing, and hand washing. I guess in my simple mind I truly don't understand why people are so het up over something so simple. It's not like we're going to be asked to do it forever.

I don't agree with all of the lockdowns being imposed. If we can be cheek by jowl at the local Walmart then we should be able to choose to go to the gym, the salon or out to eat. We each have to be responsible for our own actions. If you feel vulnerable to the virus, then you need to act accordingly. No one is forcing you to go out to eat, or to a large gathering, or any where else for that matter.

As far as the vaccine, I'm leaning towards getting it at this point, but I'll make that decision when it becomes available to me. I definitely won't be villanizing anyone who doesn't want to get it. I don't think twice when someone doesn't want a flu shot and this is no different to me. IMO no matter how many do or do not get vaccinated, these lockdowns need to end the minute the vaccine is available to the general public and preferably sooner.

VictoryCare 12-06-2020 02:25 PM

The lockdown could have been a thing of the past but people did not want to do the work, and therefore we have to have the shutdowns, and you say that thd numbers are inflated, so every scientist, doctor, nurse, local hospital, every healthcare worker here and around the world are all lying???

Unregistered 12-06-2020 03:42 PM

I'm sorry for anyone who lost anyone- Covid or otherwise. However, NO ONE CAN SAY WITH ANY CERTAINTY that their time was not their time, and they were only taken from COVID. There have been many cases where covid was not the actual cause of death, but something else. Even car accidents were being reported as covid-19, simply because the person had tested presumptive positive. There is clearly a lot of money involved, and where there is money, there are lies. I wouldn't trust anything that the government tells us at this point. They don't want us to know anything. The government is so corrupt, that yes I do believe, that several people around the world are lying, and making this a lot worse than it really is. Additionally, some people have tested multiple times going towards all the overall numbers.

Additionally, I don't know why anyone believes that a vaccine just suddenly came readily available, from March until now. SARS-COV-2 and varying different streams of coronavirus has, have been studied for many years. If you look at the peer reviewed journals out there, you will find that in around 2003, it was predicted that something like this would eventually happen. And look at where we are. Now that cannot be a straight-up coincidence. There is so much more to this whole story, there will never be a way any of us will understand it. There is way too much behind the scenes that we cannot see, a lot we do not understand, and a lot of cover-up. And yet we want to put something in our body in which we cannot examine the ingredients? Go to the CDC's own website and you will see the list of terrible side effects of the media-declared "safe" vaccine.

VictoryCare 12-06-2020 03:49 PM

Thats true with any medicine you put in your body, and I never mentioned the government, I dont trust the government either especially with Trump running it or NOT running it, whichever way you look at it. I find it hard to believe that every scientist, every nurse, every doctor, every healthcare worker is lying, if we dont trust the vaccine then what are we supposed to do, keep on the way we have been, if so, than surely many millions will die, and in the case of side effects, Covid-19 has a long list of permenant side effects itself

Valerie928 12-06-2020 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyAngels (Post 724001)
I do agree that the numbers are somewhat inflated, but even if they are only half of the numbers reported it's a lot higher than the flu. Your friend's cousin's death was caused by an overdose, I don't consider that an underlying condition. Wherever government funding is involved there is always going to be fraud, waste and abuse.

The problem I see with Covid is there are so many people who are asymptomatic or only mildly symptomatic that the spread is nearly impossible to control without using the very simple tasks of mask wearing, social distancing, and hand washing. I guess in my simple mind I truly don't understand why people are so het up over something so simple. It's not like we're going to be asked to do it forever.

I don't agree with all of the lockdowns being imposed. If we can be cheek by jowl at the local Walmart then we should be able to choose to go to the gym, the salon or out to eat. We each have to be responsible for our own actions. If you feel vulnerable to the virus, then you need to act accordingly. No one is forcing you to go out to eat, or to a large gathering, or any where else for that matter.

As far as the vaccine, I'm leaning towards getting it at this point, but I'll make that decision when it becomes available to me. I definitely won't be villanizing anyone who doesn't want to get it. I don't think twice when someone doesn't want a flu shot and this is no different to me. IMO no matter how many do or do not get vaccinated, these lockdowns need to end the minute the vaccine is available to the general public and preferably sooner.

Absolutely agree. Good friend of ours had to close both of his restaurants because our governor is a nut case. The lockdowns must stop.

Unregistered 12-06-2020 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VictoryCare (Post 724004)
Thats true with any medicine you put in your body, and I never mentioned the government, I dont trust the government either especially with Trump running it or NOT running it, whichever way you look at it. I find it hard to believe that every scientist, every nurse, every doctor, every healthcare worker is lying, if we dont trust the vaccine then what are we supposed to do, keep on the way we have been, if so, than surely many millions will die, and in the case of side effects, Covid-19 has a long list of permenant side effects itself

Exactly, but at least with drugs that have been around, you can Have some confidence that they are the drugs that they say they are. Additionally, it is every patient responsibility to ask questions, and every healthcare provider to do their best to answer them. Also, most of those medications that have been around for years and years, have been proven. There is a ton of information at every patients disposal for things like Tylenol for example. And even the most trusted medications, have had recalls and do have side effects. However, most of them are a lot less severe than this upcoming vaccine.

As far as the statement about the health care workers, that doesn't make any sense, because I know a lot of nurses, doctors, professors, a couple of researchers, and plenty of others in the healthcare field, and they are not saying the same things. I don't think that every single nurse and Doctor or , actually even in agreement on this whole thing.

The vaccine is said to have as many, if not more, and some worse, lifelong side effects than getting the virus itself. Nobody's actually planning to get the actual virus, but putting the vaccine into your body is a deliberate act. It's akin to driving in a car, where you know that there is a huge risk that you are likely to die, and chances are, it'll be at the hands of someone else, but yet you take that risk every day. You even put your family/ Friends/daycare kids at risk every time you strap them in that car and take them with you. Nobody seems to care about the other risks they take each day, but for some reason this one they either care about way more than they need to, or they don't care about it at all. Unfortunately, there is no real balance. You have no idea when it's your time to go. Does this mean that you go and lick doorknobs and expose yourself if someone you know has been exposed to covid-19 on purpose? Of course not. But if you are not sick there is no reason for you to be in so much of doing Simple day-to-day things. Especially if you are actually wearing your mask and you have your hand sanitizer. If you go through a drive-thru, the Walmart, the gas station, then it is mighty hypocritical to believe that you are not exposing yourself to this disease. A lot of the things, that the government is doing is nonsensical. It makes no sense to say that you're only going to get covid-19 when going to eat at a restaurant, but not at the nasty Walmart cashier station where you know they're not wiping it down between customers. The media is selling so much BS, I'm actually quite surprised so many people believe it.

Valerie928 12-06-2020 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 724007)
Exactly, but at least with drugs that have been around, you can Have some confidence that they are the drugs that they say they are. Additionally, it is every patient responsibility to ask questions, and every healthcare provider to do their best to answer them. Also, most of those medications that have been around for years and years, have been proven. There is a ton of information at every patients disposal for things like Tylenol for example. And even the most trusted medications, have had recalls and do have side effects. However, most of them are a lot less severe than this upcoming vaccine.

As far as the statement about the health care workers, that doesn't make any sense, because I know a lot of nurses, doctors, professors, a couple of researchers, and plenty of others in the healthcare field, and they are not saying the same things. I don't think that every single nurse and Doctor or , actually even in agreement on this whole thing.

The vaccine is said to have as many, if not more, and some worse, lifelong side effects than getting the virus itself. Nobody's actually planning to get the actual virus, but putting the vaccine into your body is a deliberate act. It's akin to driving in a car, where you know that there is a huge risk that you are likely to die, and chances are, it'll be at the hands of someone else, but yet you take that risk every day. You even put your family/ Friends/daycare kids at risk every time you strap them in that car and take them with you. Nobody seems to care about the other risks they take each day, but for some reason this one they either care about way more than they need to, or they don't care about it at all. Unfortunately, there is no real balance. You have no idea when it's your time to go. Does this mean that you go and lick doorknobs and expose yourself if someone you know has been exposed to covid-19 on purpose? Of course not. But if you are not sick there is no reason for you to be in so much of doing Simple day-to-day things. Especially if you are actually wearing your mask and you have your hand sanitizer. If you go through a drive-thru, the Walmart, the gas station, then it is mighty hypocritical to believe that you are not exposing yourself to this disease. A lot of the things, that the government is doing is nonsensical. It makes no sense to say that you're only going to get covid-19 when going to eat at a restaurant, but not at the nasty Walmart cashier station where you know they're not wiping it down between customers. The media is selling so much BS, I'm actually quite surprised so many people believe it.

Where exactly are you getting your information from? Who do know that took the vaccine that has "life long effects"? How is that even possible? It's a new vaccine that hasn't been around for anybody's lifetime. If you would have actually read about these vaccines you would know that they do not contain the virus in them. America is doomed because of nonsensical things people hear, read and watch that are bs.

Unregistered 12-06-2020 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valerie928 (Post 724008)
Where exactly are you getting your information from? Who do know that took the vaccine that has "life long effects"? How is that even possible? It's a new vaccine that hasn't been around for anybody's lifetime. If you would have actually read about these vaccines you would know that they do not contain the virus in them. America is doomed because of nonsensical things people hear, read and watch that are bs.

You misunderstand. 1. I didn't say I did not see anyone else say anything about the virus being in the vaccine. Actually, the vaccine is being produced with mRNA proteins.

2. I did not say that the people I know said anything about the vaccine. I said that none of these people are all in agreement.
3. I said that it is said, that the vaccine carries lifelong potential side effects. This is published right on the CDC website. It's very easy to find the information. There's also a whole bunch of other Publications with some warning. I should have used the word allegedly, to make that more clear and the vaccine has actually been studied for quite some time. The original SARS COV - 2 studies began in 2003, but were eventually stopped. The new vaccine is based on some of those studies being resumed. Being that the vaccine is so new, it is a very risky thing to go ahead and take. We don't know all of the side effects, and I'm getting information from two different sides that say two different things, and my problem is that no one can agree. That is what I was trying to say the whole time. If the most renowned Physicians, researchers, virologist, epidemiologist, Etc cannot even agree, it doesn't make sense to go ahead and jump ahead being a guinea pig.

Lastly, there is most definitely a lot of lies and cover-up going on. And yes I do believe that people from multiple countries are in on it. Where there is money, there are problems. That is absolutely undeniable. Proving it, is a harder thing to do. However, not everybody it's good. For all we know, this whole thing was set in motion as a biological warfare. We just don't know. Therefore I am not trusting anybody.

VictoryCare 12-07-2020 03:57 AM

What reason do you believe that so many people are lying? What purpose would any acientist have in telling us to wear masks, wash our hands or social distance, why would they push so hard to have you follow the guudelines, why would the whole world be in on it, why? For money? Lol please explain

VictoryCare 12-07-2020 04:15 AM

Your getting different information from two different sides because the person who was voted into presidency in 2016 cares only about the stock market and fattening up his pockets, instead of helping the people he supposedly governs

Josiegirl 12-07-2020 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VictoryCare (Post 724013)
Your getting different information from two different sides because the person who was voted into presidency in 2016 cares only about the stock market and fattening up his pockets, instead of helping the people he supposedly governs

Hoping with all my heart this will now change. It's definitely looking like a new more sincere approach.

Valerie928 12-07-2020 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VictoryCare (Post 724013)
Your getting different information from two different sides because the person who was voted into presidency in 2016 cares only about the stock market and fattening up his pockets, instead of helping the people he supposedly governs

Oh, ok

Unregistered 12-07-2020 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VictoryCare (Post 724012)
What reason do you believe that so many people are lying? What purpose would any acientist have in telling us to wear masks, wash our hands or social distance, why would they push so hard to have you follow the guudelines, why would the whole world be in on it, why? For money? Lol please explain


Heck even Fauci himself can't agree on anything with this COVID disease. The info changes ALL the time. These "leaders " want everyone in a state of fear. If we are obedient, then dependent...they get what they want.

ONE.WORLD.GOVERNMENT.

POWER AND CONTROL.

Blackcat31 12-07-2020 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valerie928 (Post 724016)
Oh, ok

Right? :rolleyes: It's so much easier to simply blame one person.

The argument that it IS one person's fault would make more sense if a small majority of the American people were in each group but the fact that nearly half the country sees things from a different perspective is what causes me to pause.

Rather than blame, I am more interested in why SO many people believe different things.

VictoryCare 12-07-2020 07:47 AM

Fauci changes the more they find out about the disease, and you should be afraid

VictoryCare 12-07-2020 07:48 AM

Yes. It is very easy to blame him because he did and does nothing, accept lie about everything, stop drinking the kool aid

VictoryCare 12-07-2020 08:08 AM

That is why so many different people believe so many different things

Blackcat31 12-07-2020 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VictoryCare (Post 724022)
That is why so many different people believe so many different things

So you are saying that people that believe differently because of what the POTUS said and/or did?

Please clarify.

Unregistered 12-07-2020 08:26 AM

To blame ONE person for the world's problems is insanity.

It's like watching one of your children smack the dog and blaming the other one for allowing it to happen even though they have no control. 🙄

Trump is not the world's problem. And I don't even like him but can recognize that.. Please let us all take accountability for ourselves and what part WE play in everything going on today.

We (the people) are always ready to believe, whatever side we are on, what we are told by that side.

We ARE doomed because of our OWN stupidity in life. And what are WE doing differently to stop it? Hiding in our homes because some so-called experts who cannot even agree on ONE aspect of this virus so they just shut everyone down instead of quarantining those who are actually sick?
People are losing everything and the ones that survive are going to be living a diminished quality of life because they have to all start over and many won't be able to. Suicides and depression rates are on the rise. Are the only deaths worth mentioning anymore related to getting Covid?

Well persons do not need to be locked up like prisoners in their own homes on house arrest.

COMMON SENSE SAYS if you're sick stay home. We expect this of our families. This is not any different. If you need to wear a mask to go shopping, fine. If you have a cold, don't be preparing a Christmas dinner for everyone else to get your cold too. No one wants your illnesses of any kind. This is no different.

I can tell you there us a .001% chance of covid in a dance studio setting (we got this info today). 42k students, 142k classes all over the US, 838 cases NO DEATHS to date since June. These kids and young adults are in close quarters every day, sharing space every day and hardly any reports. There are way more studios than surveyed open yet...Same for my child's gymnastics NO cases reported in any of our gyms in our county. Even the open schools have relatively low rates across the country.

Wonder how that is....


One cannot tell me (and expect me to believe) Covid travels in restaurants but not a store; that it tells time and knows after 8pm not to get you. Or that entering and exiting in same doorway is safer than having a 2 way exit/entry system or that it doesn't hit large corporations, only small businesses.

COMMON SENSE says these regulations are well overstepping boundaries and do not make any sense!

I don't see blackcat31 as a follower....

VictoryCare 12-07-2020 09:09 AM

Thats just it, your not using common sense, people can carry it without showing symptoms and without knowing they have it, show me your statistical proof from who where that no one in your gymnastics or school has not gotten covid, there must be reports somewhere on that, either you have been very miraculously. Lucky or people are doing what they are supposed to be doing, seems to me you are believing some organization or science or whatever only when it fits your narrative

Valerie928 12-07-2020 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackcat31 (Post 724019)
Right? :rolleyes: It's so much easier to simply blame one person.

The argument that it IS one person's fault would make more sense if a small majority of the American people were in each group but the fact that nearly half the country sees things from a different perspective is what causes me to pause.

Rather than blame, I am more interested in why SO many people believe different things.

Exactly

Valerie928 12-07-2020 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VictoryCare (Post 724030)
Thats just it, your not using common sense, people can carry it without showing symptoms and without knowing they have it, show me your statistical proof from who where that no one in your gymnastics or school has not gotten covid, there must be reports somewhere on that, either you have been very miraculously. Lucky or people are doing what they are supposed to be doing, seems to me you are believing some organization or science or whatever when it fits your narrative

Say what???

VictoryCare 12-07-2020 09:16 AM

Exactly, if everyone is lying then you obviously are believing statistics from someone,lol, too funny, which means you obviously don't really believe everyone is lying about covid, you only believe what you choose to, when it fits your narrative

Unregistered 12-07-2020 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VictoryCare (Post 724030)
Thats just it, your not using common sense, people can carry it without showing symptoms and without knowing they have it, show me your statistical proof from who where that no one in your gymnastics or school has not gotten covid, there must be reports somewhere on that, either you have been very miraculously. Lucky or people are doing what they are supposed to be doing, seems to me you are believing some organization or science or whatever only when it fits your narrative

I believe almost ALL viruses spread well before symptoms since most are 3-14 days of incubation (some more).

Common sense does not say "if you don't know/feel sick, lock up"

Statistics are posted EVERYWHERE. YOU can o your due diligence to know what sources are bs and what are not.

Remember, right now, the government is a sales person. As long as they want to sell you something (fear, the vaccine), you can bet there will be a lot of bs to sift through.

VictoryCare 12-07-2020 09:34 AM

I agree, Trump and his government are lying their a$$es off about everything. So yeah I wouldn't believe them either, the only thing you need to believe is that unless you follow guidelines to stop the spread this is only going to get worse, as it is now,, more people will die, as they are now, and there WILLbe more shutdowns as there are now<---------------, now That right there is COMMON SENSE

Blackcat31 12-07-2020 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VictoryCare (Post 724034)
Exactly, if everyone is lying then you obviously are believing statistics from someone,lol, too funny, which means you obviously don't really believe everyone is lying about covid, you only believe what you choose to, when it fits your narrative

No one said everyone is lying.

The truth lies somewhere in the middle.
Finding it is each person's right but that does not mean either side is void from consequences.

I don't drink kool-aid, especially when served by someone else but thanks for the offer.

You have yet to explain why your beliefs have more merit than anyone else's does.

Unregistered 12-07-2020 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VictoryCare (Post 724037)
I agree, Trump and his government are lying their a$$es off about everything. So yeah I wouldn't believe them either, the only thing you need to believe is that unless you follow guidelines to stop the spread this is only going to get worse, as it is now,, more people will die, as they are now, and there WILLbe more shutdowns as there are now<---------------, now That right there is COMMON SENSE


Oh geez.. You're so much against Trump there will be no way anyone will be able to make you see....





Here is one of MANY journals...this one is 173 pages so have fun. Lots of links. You'll see the risk rates among children in the document from the AAP (and other sources). I am not able to share SS on here so can't give you that but again, this isn't hard to see that it is NOT like they say

People die every day. Everyone WILL die. You may as well be dead if you can't LIVE.

https://bit.ly/mghcovidlibrary

VictoryCare 12-07-2020 09:44 AM

Its not about being against Trump, its about believing in the scientist, and following guidelines, dont be so naive, I simply agreed with the person who said that the government is lying to us, which yes, this president and has cabinet are

Seriously??? 12-07-2020 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VictoryCare (Post 724040)
Its not about being against Trump, its about believing in the scientist, and following guidelines, dont be so naive, I simply agreed with the person who said that the government is lying to us, which yes, this president and has cabinet are

Who are you to call anyone Naiive? You believe your way but those who believe differently are

Not using common sense
native
not researching?

And just whoooooo are YOU?

Seriously??? 12-07-2020 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seriously??? (Post 724041)
Who are you to call anyone Naiive? You believe your way but those who believe differently are

Not using common sense
native
not researching?

And just whoooooo are YOU?

- Correction- that is to say native NOT 'native'

Seriously??? 12-07-2020 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seriously??? (Post 724042)
- Correction- that is to say native NOT 'native'

Naiive..dang autocorrect. You get the point.

Blackcat31 12-07-2020 10:01 AM

Even well-researched, comprehensive scientific reports often draw conclusions that we later learn are inaccurate.

Often, scientists begin testing a theory with a correlational study, which can show a connection between two things.
But a positive result doesnít mean that one thing causes another. For example, a famous study of middle school students showed that youth with larger foot sizes had better reading comprehension. But having larger feet does not cause someone to be a better reader. The correlation most likely had more to do with the age of the students.

Yet researchers often begin with a correlational study because they are shorter and less expensive to conduct in contrast to more robust randomized-controlled trials.

Contrary to what many non-scientists seem to believe, the key feature of empirical testing is not that itís infallible but that itís self-correcting. As the physicist John Wheeler said, ĎOur whole problem is to make mistakes as fast possible.'Ē

The trouble comes when media sources report the results of correlational studies as proven facts, instead of the first step in a years-long research process.

Another problem occurs when science reporters take research findings out of context. Instead, we must take into account the conditions under which research is conducted. This is especially important in social science research, where it is more difficult to control for all of the variables in a given situation.

Consider the following example: A feather and a lead ball dropped from the same height will reach the ground at the same time ó but only if there is no air resistance. Typically, scientific laws allow us to predict a specific behavior only under certain conditions. If those conditions donít hold, the law doesnít tell us what will happen.

The take home message?

Scientific research provides important information to help guide decisions about our lives. But itís important to think critically about the research you read, and be open to new developments as scientists learn even more about our world and how it works.

(info from Cornell University ~ Evidenced Based Living)

Blackcat31 12-07-2020 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VictoryCare (Post 724037)
I agree, Trump and his government are lying their a$$es off about everything. So yeah I wouldn't believe them either, the only thing you need to believe is that unless you follow guidelines to stop the spread this is only going to get worse, as it is now,, more people will die, as they are now, and there WILLbe more shutdowns as there are now<---------------, now That right there is COMMON SENSE


"New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo has been praised for his urgency and empathy by many of the same people condemning Trump. His quick actions earning him an Emmy. Even boasting “Excuse our arrogance as New Yorkers,” Cuomo said — he/they would avert the kind of disaster seen elsewhere.

Yet, New York has nearly three times as many deaths as any other state."

****************************

People in my community are wearing masks.
I rarely if ever see anyone without one.
I live in a very rural area hours from metro areas.


Schools are distance learning only.
Bars and restaurants are closed.
Sports have all been cancelled.
Essential workers are the only ones going to work.

Cases are still on the rise and continue to rise here. :confused:

Common sense tells me there is more to this than simply wearing a mask, social distancing and washing my hands.

VictoryCare 12-07-2020 10:13 AM

The rate is rising in new York cause guess why, lol people are not doing what they are supposed to be doing they are not following the guidelines. I don't understand what you are not understanding, they are gathering in bars and restaurants and each others houses in large groups, with out masks without social distancing, when they were doing what they were supposed to be doing the rates in new York where under 1%, lol , simple

VictoryCare 12-07-2020 10:16 AM

Many rural states have surpassed the death rate of new york many times over, you are looking at old statistics.

sammie 12-07-2020 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VictoryCare (Post 723998)
Sometimes you dont know whats good for you. You can choose not to vaccinate. But to choose not to wear a mask and follow guidelines is not only putting yourself at risk but its putting others at risk as well, and with that you shouldnt get to decide

I think we can all make our own decisions on what it good for us and our families.

Quote:

Originally Posted by VictoryCare (Post 724021)
Yes. It is very easy to blame him because he did and does nothing, accept lie about everything, stop drinking the kool aid

Quote:

Originally Posted by VictoryCare (Post 724030)
Thats just it, your not using common sense, people can carry it without showing symptoms and without knowing they have it, show me your statistical proof from who where that no one in your gymnastics or school has not gotten covid, there must be reports somewhere on that, either you have been very miraculously. Lucky or people are doing what they are supposed to be doing, seems to me you are believing some organization or science or whatever only when it fits your narrative

Quote:

Originally Posted by VictoryCare (Post 724037)
I agree, Trump and his government are lying their a$$es off about everything. So yeah I wouldn't believe them either, the only thing you need to believe is that unless you follow guidelines to stop the spread this is only going to get worse, as it is now,, more people will die, as they are now, and there WILLbe more shutdowns as there are now<---------------, now That right there is COMMON SENSE

Quote:

Originally Posted by VictoryCare (Post 724040)
Its not about being against Trump, its about believing in the scientist, and following guidelines, dont be so naive, I simply agreed with the person who said that the government is lying to us, which yes, this president and has cabinet are

Quote:

Originally Posted by VictoryCare (Post 724046)
The rate is rising in new York cause guess why, lol people are not doing what they are supposed to be doing they are not following the guidelines. I don't understand what you are not understanding, they are gathering in bars and restaurants and each others houses in large groups, with out masks without social distancing, when they were doing what they were supposed to be doing the rates in new York where under 1%, lol , simple

Why are you so nasty? No need to answer, it is a rhetorical question.

VictoryCare 12-07-2020 10:32 AM

Isn't that how all of you were treating me, because I disagree with you. Lol

Cat Herder 12-07-2020 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sammie (Post 724048)
Why are you so nasty? No need to answer, it is a rhetorical question.

It is a trend, going all the way back to this posters very first post on 11-10-2020. It is being monitored.

Seriously??? 12-07-2020 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackcat31 (Post 724044)
even well-researched, comprehensive scientific reports often draw conclusions that we later learn are inaccurate.

Often, scientists begin testing a theory with a correlational study, which can show a connection between two things.
But a positive result doesnít mean that one thing causes another. For example, a famous study of middle school students showed that youth with larger foot sizes had better reading comprehension. But having larger feet does not cause someone to be a better reader. The correlation most likely had more to do with the age of the students.

Yet researchers often begin with a correlational study because they are shorter and less expensive to conduct in contrast to more robust randomized-controlled trials.

Contrary to what many non-scientists seem to believe, the key feature of empirical testing is not that itís infallible but that itís self-correcting. As the physicist john wheeler said, Ďour whole problem is to make mistakes as fast possible.'Ē

the trouble comes when media sources report the results of correlational studies as proven facts, instead of the first step in a years-long research process.

Another problem occurs when science reporters take research findings out of context. Instead, we must take into account the conditions under which research is conducted. This is especially important in social science research, where it is more difficult to control for all of the variables in a given situation.

Consider the following example: A feather and a lead ball dropped from the same height will reach the ground at the same time ó but only if there is no air resistance. Typically, scientific laws allow us to predict a specific behavior only under certain conditions. If those conditions donít hold, the law doesnít tell us what will happen.

The take home message?

Scientific research provides important information to help guide decisions about our lives. But itís important to think critically about the research you read, and be open to new developments as scientists learn even more about our world and how it works.

(info from cornell university ~ evidenced based living)

this 100%

VictoryCare 12-07-2020 10:36 AM

Lol, too funny

Seriously??? 12-07-2020 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat Herder (Post 724050)

It is a trend, going all the way back to this posters very first post on 11-10-2020. It is being monitored.

Wait this person is NEWBIE as of NOV??

VictoryCare 12-07-2020 10:40 AM

No, I have been a member for awhile

Blackcat31 12-07-2020 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VictoryCare (Post 724047)
Many rural states have surpassed the death rate of new york many times over, you are looking at old statistics.

I am looking at MY reality.
What I am living/seeing.

Don't be so presumptuous to assume I am wrong simply because you believe you are right. I. live. here.

VictoryCare 12-07-2020 10:53 AM

Because I disagree with some members on here, I was asked if I even owned a daycare business, showed statistics that I already knew about, like I haven't done my research, and was told because I agreed with someone that said the government is lying to us, which the government right ow IS Trump and his cabinets that I will never see, how is that any different?

VictoryCare 12-07-2020 10:54 AM

Touche back at you Black Cat, dont assume that I'm not seeing and living with what I am seeing and living with also

Cat Herder 12-07-2020 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seriously??? (Post 724053)
It is a trend, going all the way back to this posters very first post on 11-10-2020. It is being monitored.

Wait this person is NEWBIE as of NOV??[/quote]

First post was in November.

Click users name, then "find all posts. Scroll down.

VictoryCare 12-07-2020 11:22 AM

What does that even mean?That I'm not a member because I haven't posted anything until November?

Seriously??? 12-07-2020 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VictoryCare (Post 724059)
What does that even mean?That I'm not a member because I haven't posted anything until November?

No but it goes to show a few things about trends with certain people.

VictoryCare 12-07-2020 11:27 AM

Trends???, lol, if you say so

Michael 12-07-2020 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VictoryCare (Post 724057)
Touche back at you Black Cat, dont assume that I'm not seeing and living with what I am seeing and living with also

You are making this about politics-its not. Itís about personal decisions regarding life and business. I say- meet this virus head on. I mentioned earlier here during this pandemic that, like the flu, everyone will ďgetĒ this virus. Itís inevitable. The difference-is how we fight it.

Some, wish to engage it and others choose to stay at home. I believe in my immune system. Iím the herd immunity type. To you, that will mean that Iím a Trump supporter. I really donít care what you think. Itís common sense knowing humanity doesnít always need a scientist or doctor to survive.

Today is Pearl Harbor Day. When the war broke out, people were not hiding in their homes. 15 and 16 year olds were lying about their ages to join the military because they wanted to fight the enemy. Yes, fighting to die if necessary to save America. Better to die on your feet then cowering in isolation.

We are losing this war to COVID-19 because we are letting the fear of it crush our way of life and economy. Yes, WE are the enemy. If you prefer to stay hunkered down in your home, that is your right as an American. But you should not tell the rest of us how to live because of your fear for dying or your fear of our ďignoranceĒ.

I have not seen one ounce of empathy from you. You are as rigid as the politics you spout.

VictoryCare 12-07-2020 11:56 AM

Now you are putting words in my mouths and thoughts in my head, I never said that if you believe in herd immunity you are a trump supporter....???????

VictoryCare 12-07-2020 12:00 PM

I never made this about politics, I dont hunker down in my house and don't live my life..lol, I am not saying anyone is not following guidelines here, what I said was the reason that it is spreading and getting worse is that people in general are not doing what they are supposed to be doing, if you think that is you, well that is on you not me,and you think I made it political because I agreed that the government is lying to us when the only government we have right now is trump and his cabinet???...lol

VictoryCare 12-07-2020 12:03 PM

Lol, reflection

Michael 12-07-2020 12:19 PM

For those of you that want to reflect back on how we felt about coronavirus earlier in February, here is our first thread. There was a lot we didn’t know and some fearful speculation. https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93085

VictoryCare 12-07-2020 12:21 PM

When you fight in a war you dont go to the front lines naked with no weapons, you have some kind of weapon, and plan of attack (strategy) to protect yourself, to stop the enemy as best as you can, or at least slow them down until you can, its not all willy nilly chaos

Blackcat31 12-07-2020 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VictoryCare (Post 724057)
Touche back at you Black Cat, dont assume that I'm not seeing and living with what I am seeing and living with also

But Iím not talking about where you live.
My comment was about where I live.

Valerie928 12-07-2020 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VictoryCare (Post 724068)
When you fight in a war you dont go to the front lines naked with no weapons, you have some kind of weapon, and plan of attack (strategy) to protect yourself, to stop the enemy as best as you can, or at least slow them down until you can, its not all willy nilly chaos

You're killing it today with all these fun ideas and such. I haven't heard the term "willy nilly" in years👍

VictoryCare 12-07-2020 12:53 PM

Lol, willy nilly is a silly phrase, lol

VictoryCare 12-07-2020 12:55 PM

Ok, you all win, I have been beaten

VictoryCare 12-07-2020 12:56 PM

I surrender

Blackcat31 12-07-2020 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VictoryCare (Post 724068)
When you fight in a war you dont go to the front lines naked with no weapons, you have some kind of weapon, and plan of attack (strategy) to protect yourself, to stop the enemy as best as you can, or at least slow them down until you can, its not all willy nilly chaos

When one wants to educate... facts, empathy and understanding of the group goes a long way

Your tone (and I assume I’m not in the minority) has simply come across as rude, condescending and better than.

That usually results in an argumentative response


Your point could have been made in a much kinder and gentler way IMPO.

A majority of providers here probably feel similar to you but it’s hard to discuss and agree when one feels ridiculed.

Most of us are doing everything possible to prevent spread as our livelihoods depend on it.
We’re not the bad guys but yet I personally feel you came out swinging. :confused:

My two cents :)

VictoryCare 12-07-2020 01:03 PM

I never said that anyone here wasn't doing what they were supposed to be doing, or that anyone here were the bad guys, but if that's how you feel, so be it


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:21 AM.