Daycare.com Forum

Daycare.com Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daycare Center and Family Home Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I’m Almost There! (https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46822)

Buxterboo 06-13-2012 09:33 PM

I’m Almost There!

I wanted to say: "im almost there!" and I'm super excited! happyface I finished my education hours that are required for licensing on a military base AND the first 3 modules that they wanted me to get done. My Family Child Care coordinator came over tonight to do a mock inspection and I only need to change a few things (most will be done tomorrow). Now all i need to do is CPR on friday, and my real inspection on Monday. Then they will take my info to the board of directors and hopefully they will approve my license!!
My handbook and contract is complete, but i need to get a few copies made up and ready for parent interviews.
I will continue to update as things progress!
Im so glad I found this site, I have found SOO many useful ideas:)

BumbleBee 06-13-2012 09:55 PM

Yay! I am currently in the process of getting licensed. Keep us posted on your progress.

Breezy 06-13-2012 10:16 PM

Yay! I am hopefully going to go through the same when we PCS later this year!!!

pappyny 06-14-2012 07:19 AM

Air Force Provider?

Breezy 06-14-2012 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by pappyny:
Air Force Provider?

Yes we both are I believe.

Buxterboo 06-14-2012 10:29 AM

Pappyny- Yup!

Breezy- are you FCC licensed here, or are you off base? If you are on base you can do all the education before you PCS. EVERYTHING transfers from base to base, even over seas. Then all you'll have to do is get your home inspection once you move. Easy peasy!
Can yhou tell I'm super excited about all this!? haha I feel like I have a definite job for the next 10 years, if I want it!

Breezy 06-14-2012 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Buxterboo:
Pappyny- Yup!

Breezy- are you FCC licensed here, or are you off base? If you are on base you can do all the education before you PCS. EVERYTHING transfers from base to base, even over seas. Then all you'll have to do is get your home inspection once you move. Easy peasy!
Can yhou tell I'm super excited about all this!? haha I feel like I have a definite job for the next 10 years, if I want it!

I am unlicensed (legally) off base. I will get the ball moving as soon as we get therw. I hope that daycare is not over saturated over there and I can enroll kids!

Buxterboo 06-14-2012 10:39 AM

I hope so too! the FCC (here) is extremely helpful. They even have a "lending library" so I dont have to buy anything except liability insurance. And its all free, including them advertizing on base. They even send our e-mails to first shirts for their troops needing child care. and the CDC refers parents to the home providers when the cdc is full (which it usually is here)

Breezy 06-14-2012 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Buxterboo:
I hope so too! the FCC (here) is extremely helpful. They even have a "lending library" so I dont have to buy anything except liability insurance. And its all free, including them advertizing on base. They even send our e-mails to first shirts for their troops needing child care. and the CDC refers parents to the home providers when the cdc is full (which it usually is here)

Wow that's awesome!! I am so excited!!

GoodKarma 06-14-2012 11:00 AM

Keep up the good work!

Buxterboo 06-14-2012 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by GoodKarma:
Keep up the good work!

Im trying! I got my "changing area" organized last night. And my bulletin board set up. I have tons of idas, but most of it depends on the ages of the kiddos. So Im kinda waiting to see who starts coming:)