Daycare.com Forum
First ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27  ... Last

Daycare.com Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daycare Center and Family Home Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The FUNNY Thread - What Made You Laugh Today? (https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27663)

Sunshine74 06-10-2015 12:29 PM

DCB can't possibly drink his water. Why? "Because it's full of water.":lol:

Mandy 06-12-2015 06:22 AM

Love you just like that rag doll.

I visited my friend's house yesterday to drop off a book she left at my house. While I waited for her to answer the door, I overheard her dcg , age 3 telling her "I love you just like I love my rag doll." I heard my friend tell her how sweet she was. When I talked to her last night, she said dcg has a special rag doll at home that she brings with her (It gets washed every other day at home). She has also been listening to her mother singing her newest favorite song "River Deep, mountian high" .

It was a sweet , and funny moment because of the way she said it :) . My friend wished she was her kid :) .

Controlled Chaos 06-25-2015 11:15 AM

DCG 4 wanted the other dcks to play a game with her. No one wanted to. Instead of throwing a tantrum or whining, which is her norm, she started to play by herself and softly sang "You can't always get what you want" by the rolling stones. It was amazing.

Rockgirl 06-25-2015 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Controlled Chaos:
DCG 4 wanted the other dcks to play a game with her. No one wanted to. Instead of throwing a tantrum or whining, which is her norm, she started to play by herself and softly sang "You can't always get what you want" by the rolling stones. It was amazing.

Lol, that is epic!! I've been known to sing that to my dck's, but it's so funny that a child sang it. :D

Controlled Chaos 06-25-2015 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Rockgirl:
Lol, that is epic!! I've been known to sing that to my dck's, but it's so funny that a child sang it. :D

Right?! My favorite it singing "I wanna hold your hand" in parking lots with my kiddos. They hate it :lol:

AmyKidsCo 06-25-2015 01:21 PM

3.5 yr DCG has started pointing with her middle finger, and I said "Can you use this finger to point? It's called the Pointer Finger because it's for pointing." She touched it and said "This one is for pointing..." then touched her middle finger and said "And this one is for driving. My dad told me that." :lol:

I had to bite my lip to keep from laughing!

Baby Beluga 06-25-2015 02:19 PM

3.5 year old DCG told me to call her "Elsa Blue Rainbow" from now on :lol:

mommiebookworm 06-25-2015 08:23 PM

We were talking about what the kids want to be when they grow up. One DCG was so proud when she said she wants to be a horse when she grows up! It was so cute! :ouch:

DaveA 07-07-2015 05:18 AM

Completely freaked out older brother of DCK yesterday. DCPs and DCK are a camp this week, so they had him drop by check. Just so happened that all the kids had left by noon, so I went out to shop to start putting in a paver floor. Brother calls me after no one answered the door (my kids were outside playing). When I come around I'm covered in mud, sand, and would have to dry out to be considered sweaty. I believe he thought I was burying DCKs in the backyard.:D

Onawhim 07-09-2015 10:47 AM

Dcg 3 farted VERY loudly today. I asked her if she needed to go to the bathroom and she replied "no silly I just gassed really loud" lol

Annalee 07-09-2015 11:02 AM

My very talkative-knows it all-all about her kid which goes to Kindy in the fall said: "Ya know who is boss at my house, ms.xxx"....I said "Who?" She replied "my dad says he is, but my mom says it is really me!" Well, I could have told her that.....that is NOT news to me:lol::lol:

Janiam 07-18-2015 08:40 AM

Listening to morning conversations as the kids arrive DCB 6 says to close talker DCB 7..." wow, did you even brush your teeth today"? He replies " of course I did". DCB 6 says " with what, a fish!". OMG ....I am still laughing about it:lol::lol::lol:

BumbleBee 07-19-2015 05:28 PM

2 yo dcg has become my mini me. As I was in the kitchen making lunch she was in the playroom reading books with dcb 19 months and dcb 20 months. The boys were getting rambunctious with the books and I hear dcg say:

"BOYS! Top!(stop) dat enuss! (that's enough)" *HUGE sigh* I look and she has her hand on her hip and everything. :lol:

The funniest part is both boys settled right down.

DaveA 07-22-2015 04:06 AM

My son definitely has my sarcastic sense of humor. DCG7 is sweet but talks CONSTANTLY. Yesterday we're outside and she starts freaking out yelling that "A bug just flew in my mouth!" As I'm thinking it I hear my son mutter "Maybe you should try closing it every once in a while." :lol: Kind of hard to be sympathetic when you're trying to swallow laughter.

Rockgirl 07-28-2015 08:38 AM

The look on dcks' faces when a drop-in child is unknowingly doing something not allowed. 😳

auntymimi 07-28-2015 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by Trummynme:
3.5 yo dck called her mom out today for lying. I kept a straight face but I was dying inside!

This is the dcm who "cant pay" despite the Disney cruise she's taking her 2 kids on (paid for by her) and the $500 in new clothes for her 2 kids (1/2 paid for by child support).

I ran into them at the grocery store this evening and dck ran up to me to show me her new shoes. They're spiffy. Her mom comes over and tells me dck really needed tennis shoes and hopefully they'll last through the summer because mom can't afford to buy anymore.

Dck pipes up and goes 'I got 4 new shoes!' and dcm goes 'no, you have 2 shoes, 1 pair' and dck goes 'Nuh-uuuuh. I got 2 new shoes, and 2 new shoes, and that makes 4!'

Mom was silent. I'm guessing dck got 2 new pairs of shoes. Time will tell when dcm pays up and dck comes back to daycare. I'm betting I will see 2 new pairs of shoes within the first week. No skin off my back, dcm has no daycare until she's paid up so her priorities are not my problem.

Same here. I finally had to get tough and say "no pay, no stay". I got a long sob story about "I'll have to take off of work, I guess, until I can get together the payment. How will I pay my bills now? Deep sigh" Uhhhhhh, maybe not blow 500 bucks at the state fair, forgo the brand new tablet for your 2 y/o, buy sensible CORRECTLY FITTING shoes from payless for the preschooler instead of Jordens, eat at home once in awhile. :rolleyes: Just a couple options...anyway I received a call that very afternoon that, miracle of miracles, money for care had been "found".:ouch:

Play Care 07-28-2015 01:22 PM

I have magnet letters on my fridge.
Today my one dcb had lined them up, and inadvertently spelled a very, very, naughty word. I walked by and did a :eek::eek::eek:

Then I :lol: and changed the order:lol:

Nisaryn 07-29-2015 10:12 PM

That moment when...

you suddenly realize that the most spoken phrase in your home is now: "Ok, which one of ya'll made a poo?!"

Controlled Chaos 07-30-2015 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Trummynme:
2 yo dcg has become my mini me. As I was in the kitchen making lunch she was in the playroom reading books with dcb 19 months and dcb 20 months. The boys were getting rambunctious with the books and I hear dcg say:

"BOYS! Top!(stop) dat enuss! (that's enough)" *HUGE sigh* I look and she has her hand on her hip and everything. :lol:

The funniest part is both boys settled right down.

I have a "little momma" right now too :lol: She is always bossing the others around. Sometimes is drives me crazy, but I love how the others actually listen to her :rolleyes: The probably listen to the 3yo more than me!

BumbleBee 07-30-2015 05:43 PM

I have a "little momma" right now too :lol: She is always bossing the others around. Sometimes is drives me crazy, but I love how the others actually listen to her :rolleyes: The probably listen to the 3yo more than me!

YUP! 2 yo dcg conducted an impromptu circle time yesterday with 'the boys.' It was longer than mine and the boys sat the whole time!

DaveA 07-31-2015 10:07 AM

DW was home for while this morning (she's going with her group for a race tomorrow in KY). DCG7 (the one who talks CONSTANTLY) was talking about her book on Africa and DW told her that she had spent time in Africa while in the Navy. DCG asks when. After DW says "1991" DCG asked her "You mean like LAST CENTURY? Did you ride a horse and buggy there?" :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I had my head on the table laughing. DW was slightly less amused. ;)DW couldn't wait for time to leave for some reason. :D

Maggie 08-06-2015 10:27 AM

Dcg4 told me this morning that since my own kids are all grown up I should go to the funny farm to get a new one because that's where her mommy got her.

daycarediva 08-06-2015 10:46 AM

dcm had a baby this morning and dck's have been speculating about how it got out. My favorite was "I think the baby twisted her belly button and her stomach popped open and then the baby crawled out and said WAH WAH"

Rockgirl 08-06-2015 11:00 AM

Dcg6 (talking to her seems like talking to a 40 yr old) and dcg7 (innocent) were talking about their dogs.

Dcg7: I wish my dog would have puppies.

Dcg6: Are your dogs girls or boys?

Dcg7: We have a girl dog AND a boy dog.

Dcg6: Well then, you could get puppies! My dog is going to have more puppies soon.

Me: Wow--more puppies already? Did your mom tell you?

Dcg6: Well, you know that things dogs do, where the boy dog sniffs the girl dog's butt a lot? Then they do that other thing? We caught Oscar and Abbie doing that.

Me: ..........Gulp.

Controlled Chaos 08-10-2015 07:41 AM

When a dck has an exceptionally stinky or gross diaper I say "Holy Moly!" Today when I said that, the 20m I was changing yelled out proudly to her friends in the playroom "Its a Moly!". Then all her friends yelled back "A Moly?! Hurray!" :lol:

midaycare 08-10-2015 07:42 AM

When a dck has an exceptionally stinky or gross diaper I say "Holy Moly!" Today when I said that, the 20m I was changing yelled out proudly to her friends in the playroom "Its a Moly!". Then all her friends yelled back "A Moly?! Hurray!" :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Play Care 08-21-2015 10:14 AM

Today I installed new magnet tot locks on all my kitchen cabinets (they were on the ones that they had to be on, but having forgot what the early toddler years were like I realized I had to put them on all of them:o:lol: )

Long story short, I ran to the hardware store because I thought I needed something to make the drill bit fit on the drill. Turns out I just needed to take off the bit that was already on there:o:o I had no idea:o

Thankfully I think they waited until I left to laugh:o:ouch::lol:

The good news is they are installed!!happyfacehappyface

mommiebookworm 08-25-2015 05:40 AM

We were at the park yesterday, dcb4 and dcg3 were playing that the slide structure was a space ship. They pretended to land, and dcb starts cheering and screaming, we made it! I ask him where? And he says 'merica with the biggest grin on his face!

Febby 08-27-2015 08:09 PM

I referred to one of the children today as a "little monkey." DCB3 looks at me and says, "She's not a monkey. She's black."

Sunshine74 08-27-2015 08:58 PM

My mom is working with me this week (usually she is in our infant room, but both my co-workers are out for vacation). She leaves earier than I do, and when she was saying good bye to the kids, dcg looked at me and said "Bye!" I told her I wasn't leaving yet, and she asked, "But why, your mommy is leaving?" LoL, if only it still worked like that.

ColorfulSunburst 08-28-2015 05:06 AM

Today when I have said to one DC father "have a good day" I got an answer "ok, I love you" :lol::lol::lol:

kristinhomedaycare 08-28-2015 07:46 PM

what made me laugh today

Boom chicka boom from the learning channel. That guy in suspenders and the hat cracked me up. Funniest kids video ever

DaveA 09-08-2015 04:41 AM

S/A DCB has discovered Henny Youngman on youtube and has found his role model. I've spent the morning listening to one liners & had to play along with the "3 swimming pools" bit. I must admit the kid has pretty good delivery- I'm sure the teacher is going to have soooo much fun today. :lol:

BumbleBee 09-15-2015 04:50 PM

I think it's hilarious and adorable that 2yo dcg calls Fruit Loops "Fruit Bloopers"

Miss A 09-16-2015 06:47 AM

DCB-4, to me: I know you are a mom because you have a fat belly. Me: DCB, I don't have any kids, so I can't be a mom. DCB: but you have a fat belly, and fat legs. That makes you a mom. Me: I'm sorry, DCB, I am not a mom, my body is just built different from everyone else.
How could I not laugh! He is telling the truth!

DaveA 09-18-2015 06:01 AM

Changes in routine are extremely annoying to DD10. Talked to her last night about the fact that I would be gone till Saturday night. Said something about it this morning before the bus got here and she goes "Oh Right" and begins making trips from the kitchen to her room. I check her room and she has piled the table by her bed with bottles of water, graham crackers, bananas, cheese and cracker packs, and the first aid kit ". Asked her why and she tells me "Oh-just in case". I leave for 36 hours and my daughter goes into full "Prepper Apocalypse" mode:lol:

auntymimi 09-18-2015 06:25 AM

5 yo dcb I had all summer is in dd kindergarten class. He's one of my favorite kids, funny, creative, listens well. Anyway, dd mentions that he gets in trouble in class and often has to sit out for part of recess. Me: "that's weird, he's never acted like that here"
Dd: well, that's cause your the boss
Me: isn't your teacher the boss at school?
Dd: no, she's nice.
:lol:

Controlled Chaos 09-23-2015 12:42 PM

Sometimes I have the kids have a potty buddy. An older potty trained child goes on the big toilet and a younger not quite potty training or early potty training little one sits on the potty frog on the floor. Just using a little positive peer pressure, little ones like getting to go with their big buddy and big kid likes being the teacher.

DCG3: Ms CC, I will potty train Sara for you!
Me: Really? That would be great!
DCG3: Yep. You pay me $100 and I teach her.

Honestly if she could train the little ones for real I might pay up ;):cool:

Miss A 09-23-2015 12:45 PM

Sometimes I have the kids have a potty buddy. An older potty trained child goes on the big toilet and a younger not quite potty training or early potty training little one sits on the potty frog on the floor. Just using a little positive peer pressure, little ones like getting to go with their big buddy and big kid likes being the teacher.

DCG3: Ms CC, I will potty train Sara for you!
Me: Really? That would be great!
DCG3: Yep. You pay me $100 and I teach her.

Honestly if she could train the little ones for real I might pay up ;):cool:

When she gets done with yours, send her my way!

ChelseaB 09-23-2015 05:19 PM

Well it was more one of those moments you have to laugh at yourself because you're deliriously tired, so your actions are automatic. But just this evening, I accidentally kicked a toy with my foot so that it crashed loudly AND started playing music. Instinctively I jumped and looked toward the napping area while "shhhhh-ing".

.........I am completely alone. The kids have been gone for hours. :lol::lol::lol:

And this has been happening more frequently, although this is the first time I've caught myself rather than Hubby. Lol