Daycare.com Forum
First ... 15 23 24 25 26 27  ... Last

Daycare.com Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daycare Center and Family Home Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The FUNNY Thread - What Made You Laugh Today? (https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27663)

Cat Herder 01-16-2018 09:59 AM

DCG4 to UPS guy through playground fence: "Wanna know a secret? Mrs. Cat Herder gave me cat food an' it tastes like oatmeal cookies. That's silly."

UPS guy: "Um, okay. Have a great afternoon!"

My inspection will most likely begin in 5....4....3...:lol:

FTR, we had cracklin' oat bran, sliced strawberries and vanilla yogurt for morning snack. Not cat food. :lol:

mamamanda 01-23-2018 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
DCG4 to UPS guy through playground fence: "Wanna know a secret? Mrs. Cat Herder gave me cat food an' it tastes like oatmeal cookies. That's silly."

UPS guy: "Um, okay. Have a great afternoon!"

My inspection will most likely begin in 5....4....3...:lol:

FTR, we had cracklin' oat bran, sliced strawberries and vanilla yogurt for morning snack. Not cat food. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

TheMisplacedMidwestMom 01-24-2018 12:21 PM

Playing The Floor is Lava, my dd4 thinks we're playing the floor is LLAMA. "Oh no, I stepped on the llama!"

mamamanda 01-26-2018 04:30 AM

This morning dcb 2 told me that Santa put a cookie in his eye. I acted like I was so shocked & amazed & said, "A cookie in your eye?" So he uses his little finger to lift his eyelid & in a slow, serious voice says, "Look at this." :lol:

mamamanda 01-26-2018 04:30 AM

:lol::lol:

Originally Posted by TheMisplacedMidwestMom:
Playing The Floor is Lava, my dd4 thinks we're playing the floor is LLAMA. "Oh no, I stepped on the llama!"

DaveA 02-02-2018 05:33 AM

2 DCGs- 6 months apart, nonrelated, families aren't friends.

Both just showed up wearing the exact same outfit down to the shoes. :D:lol::)

Jupadia 02-02-2018 06:22 AM

My son did this a couple years ago with one of the dkb Same shorts with weirdbzurf boarding dogs (of all things) and same blue polo shirt. It was so weird.

Mom2Two 02-02-2018 04:55 PM

Yesterday the dc kids were playing a game of zombies, and I had to laugh as I listened to them, because all the zombies were apparently from Canada. Apparently they believe that Canada is where all the zombies live and that Canada is full of zombies. :lol:

But on the bright side, it put me in the mood to watch World War Z with DH again last night. The movie is full of zombies and the family do end up in Canada--where they are safe from zombies. :lol:

LysesKids 02-06-2018 12:56 PM

Little Miss was so excited...

That when mom walked in 15 minutes earlier, she ran to the shoe box, opened it to get her shoes & dived in, right in front of mom mind you... she is only 17 months. Head first & couldn't get back up right without help; mom & I were laughing hysterically because this is a first. As Mom said, it's a new story to tell Dad when they get home. Mom said I can imagine what you go thru with all 4 being so young; YEP, never ending antics (my other 3 are younger lol)

Second Home 02-08-2018 07:42 AM

Some may remember my difficult dcm ( money order weirdness) that terminated care last June because they were moving yet still live down the street . Well she called yesterday to see if I would like to take her infant .

Um ....... no.

Blackcat31 02-09-2018 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Second Home:
Some may remember my difficult dcm ( money order weirdness) that terminated care last June because they were moving yet still live down the street . Well she called yesterday to see if I would like to take her infant .

Um ....... no.

What ever happened with the money order stuff?

Did you ever get to the bottom of her evolving stories about the weird amounts?

Second Home 02-12-2018 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
What ever happened with the money order stuff?

Did you ever get to the bottom of her evolving stories about the weird amounts?

Not really she got fired from the bank .

Blackcat31 02-12-2018 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by Second Home:
Not really she got fired from the bank .

Yikes! I am assuming her method of payment to you changed when her job changed?

I can't imagine what she had going on was on the up and up... it was just too weird.

Second Home 02-13-2018 06:03 AM

Yikes! I am assuming her method of payment to you changed when her job changed?

I can't imagine what she had going on was on the up and up... it was just too weird.

Before they left I changed my contract to cash and personal check only , she wrote in money orders on the contract :lol: . I told her no more money orders cash or check only and she lost it . She started yelling at me while outside waiting for the bus .

Josiegirl 02-26-2018 09:41 AM

4 yo dcg had a new tear in her winter jacket so I asked her how she got it.
DCG "I went to the zoo and there was this jaguar who took a bite out of it".
Me Well, you're lucky he didn't bite your nose(looking very dramatic and aghast)
dcg Well, he was a friendly jaguar so he only bit my coat.
Me What color was he?
Dcg Pink with black dots.
She was as serious in her replies as she could be. :D

Cat Herder 03-07-2018 07:25 AM

I asked them to clean up three times. Their motivation is severely lacking and I am not up to a battle of wills, today.

I placed a pan of HM cinnamon/sugar croissants to cool on top of the tallest bookshelf and helped myself to one piping hot at my desk. They are now wildly motivated.

My work here is done. :ouch:

Play Care 03-07-2018 01:10 PM

I asked them to clean up three times. Their motivation is severely lacking and I am not up to a battle of wills, today.

I placed a pan of HM cinnamon/sugar croissants to cool on top of the tallest bookshelf and helped myself to one piping hot at my desk. They are now wildly motivated.

My work here is done. :ouch:

You are the woman!!happyfacehappyfacehappyface

Pestle 03-10-2018 01:31 PM

My friend shared this video to Facebook. It's pretty much accurate.

https://youtu.be/lGvV-ha6x7Y

Pestle 03-10-2018 01:32 PM

Me to Jane, who's on the potty: "You did it!"
Jane: "No; me Jane."

storybookending 03-13-2018 12:40 PM

*moves child off my lap*
DCG3: “why can’t I sit on you?”
Me: “it’s super hot in here for some reason, I’m dying”
Different DCG3: *fanning self* “yeah I’m dying too”
Original DCG3: “me too! Baby (child with same name, always calls her baby for little B) you died too?”

Oh how they pick up every little thing hahah

TheMisplacedMidwestMom 03-15-2018 10:36 AM

1. How my DS thinks ignoring someone works:

Me: Just ignore him.
DS: IGNORE! IGNORE! IGNORE! IGNORE! IGNORE!

2. Dcb2.5 is a massive Mine-o-saur, and just got upset because another kid "took it from me". As I'm watching trying to figure out what "it" is, dcb walks over takes something invisible from other kid and walks away triumphantly.

mamamanda 03-15-2018 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by TheMisplacedMidwestMom:

2. Dcb2.5 is a massive Mine-o-saur, and just got upset because another kid "took it from me". As I'm watching trying to figure out what "it" is, dcb walks over takes something invisible from other kid and walks away triumphantly.

Claraskids 03-18-2018 11:05 AM

Trying so hard not to laugh over the phone at my sister-in-law. She called me this morning asking for any of my daycare supplies that I don't use. She is thinking about doing it herself. So here is why I think this is a hoot:
1. She loses at least one job a year for taking too many sick days.
2. My brother is the full-time parent and works full time from his home office. She has never participated in parenting tasks that aren't "cute".
3. She takes at least one nap every day.
4. She was arrested last month for breaking and entering to get narcotics.

Yep, we have a winner!!!!

Blackcat31 03-19-2018 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by Claraskids:
Trying so hard not to laugh over the phone at my sister-in-law. She called me this morning asking for any of my daycare supplies that I don't use. She is thinking about doing it herself. So here is why I think this is a hoot:
1. She loses at least one job a year for taking too many sick days.
2. My brother is the full-time parent and works full time from his home office. She has never participated in parenting tasks that aren't "cute".
3. She takes at least one nap every day.
4. She was arrested last month for breaking and entering to get narcotics.

Yep, we have a winner!!!!

She won't get past the licensing process.

Josiegirl 03-19-2018 10:18 AM

I'm trying to transition my 18 mo to a cot; today being the first day. She's extremely strong-willed but a real sweetheart. She's the dcg I'd adopt in a heartbeat if it was an option. Anyways, I set her cot out, nice cozy blanket, her stuffed Peter Rabbit she's gotten attached to here. Then I lay down beside her. Just figure it'd be a whole lot easier than getting up and down out of a chair 50+ times. I'm not sure if this child will grow up to be a dentist, ophthalmologist, hair stylist, or just a really great nose-picker because I swear she wouldn't stop touching me for 45 minutes. Took everything not to bust out laughing at her. Lol But 45 minutes later, she's a little sleeping angel.:)

DaveA 03-20-2018 05:25 AM

New line in my job description- relationship counselor for DCB11 & DCG10 (who have both came here for 4-5 years). DCG is mad at DCB because he didn't tell her he had an afternoon Dr appointment so wouldn't be on the bus to sit by her. :rolleyes::D:lol::):Sunny::p

Stressed&Obsessed 03-22-2018 11:25 AM

Look Into My Eyes

One of my DCB's came in today and I was holding him and talking to him but also looking at another child. He grabs my face and says look into my eyes, I am talking to you! He is 2 years old going on 30!:)

Ac114 03-28-2018 10:29 AM

Someone contacted me today asking for a spot for summer care. Gave them my price and they replied “that’s really out of our budget, we have budgeted 183 a month for child care. We could probably up it to 250 a month but that would be pushing it. Let me know if anything changes and you can help out”

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 ok! That won’t grt you full time care ANYWHERE. That barely pays for two weeks of in home and one week of center care in my area. GOOD LUCK!

BumbleBee 04-03-2018 03:27 PM

Oppositional defiant dcb, age 4, was the first one 'finished' with breakfast. In reality he just wanted to snatch and/or hide the favored toys so nobody else could use them. I made everybody stay at the table until everybody was done.

Dcb's response? "FINE! I'll just sit here and eat my cereal! But NOT because I'm hungry!"

ok then :D you do that dcb.

Jupadia 04-04-2018 06:22 AM

My son last night refused to eat dinner till his brother was done just so he could sit in daddy's chair cause you can see the TV screen. Sat at atbke while his brother ate them moved chairs and ate his whole dinner. Funny part TV was not on.

Cat Herder 04-05-2018 08:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
That *one friend made me spew coffee this morning. It is like he knows childcare. :lol::lol::lol:

Josiegirl 04-05-2018 02:44 PM

That *one friend made me spew coffee this morning. It is like he knows childcare. :lol::lol::lol:

OMG :ouch::lol: Took me a second but funny as he!!.

Blackcat31 04-05-2018 05:05 PM

It’s snowing here...

My 4 yr old DCG says “I wish snowflakes were glitter. So when it’s a snowstorm it will be pretty and sparkly!” :lol: lovethis

I think it’s a brilliant idea!

DaveA 04-06-2018 04:28 AM

It’s snowing here...

My 4 yr old DCG says “I wish snowflakes were glitter. So when it’s a snowstorm it will be pretty and sparkly!” :lol: lovethis

I think it’s a brilliant idea!

And you thought shoveling snow was annoying before :lol:

DaveA 04-06-2018 04:33 AM

Remember the old "Mom Curse" I hope you have a child who acts just like you? Since my Mom was my first center director I guess that carries to my professional life. DCB4 doesn't try to be rude or mean- just says the first thing that pops in his head. He was upset that another child took the toy he was playing with. I tell him "Don't just be sad. Tell x why you are sad." His response was to look at the kid and says "You're a butthead and that makes me sad!" :rolleyes::D Hard to be all "teacher-y" when you can't breathe because you're trying not to bust out laughing. ;):lol:

Annalee 04-06-2018 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by DaveA:
Remember the old "Mom Curse" I hope you have a child who acts just like you? Since my Mom was my first center director I guess that carries to my professional life. DCB4 doesn't try to be rude or mean- just says the first thing that pops in his head. He was upset that another child took the toy he was playing with. I tell him "Don't just be sad. Tell x why you are sad." His response was to look at the kid and says "You're a butthead and that makes me sad!" :rolleyes::D Hard to be all "teacher-y" when you can't breathe because you're trying not to bust out laughing. ;):lol:

:lol:I had a dcg4 in the past to call another child a "butthead"....I told her that wasn't a very nice thing to say and she replied "but she IS a butthead". and I couldn't hold my laughter either! :lol:

daycarediva 04-06-2018 09:54 AM

Dcb has been out all week with his teacher Mom, she is doing a day of planning before returning to work.

He comes in and the FIRST thing out of his mouth is

"It's still fu**ing Easter in here. Oh **** I sorry! Oh I said **** I SORRY!"

omg. DIED LAUGHING. Dcm was mortified.

He NEVER has bad language here, but I dooooo think it's allowed at home. :ouch:

alyssahenderson 04-24-2018 09:45 PM

My 8 years old daughter is very silly, I'm laughing too hard when she told me she's worried she might not have a boyfriend when she gets older.

ErnestFlores 05-02-2018 03:16 PM

I had a kindergartner say that I looked really young :lol:

Josiegirl 05-03-2018 02:39 PM

Twin dcgs, almost 4 yo, sitting at the lunch table as they were finishing up
#1 says My lips are sore.
#2 says My eyelashes are tired.
Kids are silly.:lol: