Daycare.com Forum

Daycare.com Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daycare Center and Family Home Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Would You Address This or Not? (https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88141)

tenderhearts 12-28-2017 09:09 AM

Would You Address This or Not?
 
I have 2 daycare mom's expecting right now, due within a couple of months of each other. One of the families has only been with me since September, there was no mention of baby coming so it was never brought up, then a couple weeks after they started they announced she was pregnant. I will not have an opening for this baby but I don't know if I should bring it up or wait. I know they wont need care until September of 2018 and maybe they just assume I will or aren't talking about it until closer to the time needed but I still will not have an opening. Would you just wait or tell them?

Blackcat31 12-28-2017 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tenderhearts (Post 659982)
I have 2 daycare mom's expecting right now, due within a couple of months of each other. One of the families has only been with me since September, there was no mention of baby coming so it was never brought up, then a couple weeks after they started they announced she was pregnant. I will not have an opening for this baby but I don't know if I should bring it up or wait. I know they wont need care until September of 2018 and maybe they just assume I will or aren't talking about it until closer to the time needed but I still will not have an opening. Would you just wait or tell them?

I totally understand wanting to know but honestly I see it as "not your problem".... know what I mean?

If they are just assuming that you will have space but arent asking then that is a mistake on their part.

If they don't want/need space then cool...works for you... except that you may lose a current DCK but like you said that wont happen until much farther into 2018 so I would cross that bridge when you get to it.

So that's how I'd handle it. I wouldn't.

It's not your issue so I'd let it be. If you do mention it, you'll know their plans but you might also risk losing a DCK now verses later so...there's that bridge...choose which you want to cross/deal with now. :)

e.j. 12-28-2017 09:23 AM

Personally, I would wait. You never know what could happen between now and September. You may end up with openings that you aren't anticipating right now. Also, they could be assessing their own situation. One of them may decide to quit his/her job in order to stay home with both kids. (That's what I did when my dd was born.) If it were me, I'd sit tight and wait to see what happens. I wouldn't say anything about care until they do.

lovemykidstoo 12-28-2017 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by e.j. (Post 659984)
Personally, I would wait. You never know what could happen between now and September. You may end up with openings that you aren't anticipating right now. Also, they could be assessing their own situation. One of them may decide to quit his/her job in order to stay home with both kids. (That's what I did when my dd was born.) If it were me, I'd sit tight and wait to see what happens. I wouldn't say anything about care until they do.

Exactly! I'm in the same boat. I have a new full time infant that I'm not terming, but I have 2 part time moms that are both pregnant and due at similar times. I may keep both of them and term a recent 12 month old that's 2 days a week. I have until about August to figure it all out. Too many things can change between now and then so even though it's driving me nuts not knowing how it will play out, I'm not going to lose income on losing the ones I have now.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:14 PM.