View Single Post
Old 01-24-2018, 08:14 AM
Blackcat31's Avatar
Blackcat31 Blackcat31 is offline
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,393

I am in MN and this would not be okay.

ANY caregiver, emergency or regular substitute is required to have background checks and certain trainings BEFORE providing direct care/supervision for the children.

However, as a previous poster stated, two wrongs do not make a right.

Because you had already submitted a notice of withdrawal, I kind of get the feeling you are purposely looking for something that would let you "off the hook" for having to pay the final weeks of care and that the money thing is the real issue but I might just be jaded. However, my suggestion would be to remove your child immediately (which you have already), pay the remainder of the notice period, report the provider to licensing for not having an approved back up provider AND then file in small claims court to have your money refunded due to the provider's actions that caused you to no longer feel safe leaving your child thus not being able to use the final services in which you paid for according to the contract you signed.

Doing things that way shows you understand and agree to follow the contract you signed and the provider is int eh wrong. You complicate things and make it dramatic when it comes to just not paying because you think you found a "loop hole" in the contract....just pay it, and then sue her for the money back. What's the difference other than you have to be the one that waits for the refund?
Reply With Quote