View Single Post
Blackcat31 06:43 AM 04-11-2018
....this is all said with a kind heart and not meant to make you feel bad at all but....

Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
I finally after almost 8 hours received a text back from the mother of the "victim" saying that she hopes I don't think she's a bit** but she is just frustrated that it always seems to be the 1 child that is the one doing all the damage. I totally understand her frustration, I do, but I do think she's making it more than it needs to be. I mean, they're 2 and 3 years old. I told her how I would try to be more diligent and she said she understands I cannot stop every thing 100%, that's impossible. She's not really upset with me, but rather the other child. God help me if this happens again, I will never see them again. Nothing like walking on eggshells.
I 1000% disagree.

She has every right to be upset and if I were her, I'd be super upset and to be totally honest I'd probably pull my kid from care. immediately.

Once is one thing.
Twice is another.
Three times IS a supervision issue.

Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
Not that I want to stick up for a scratcher, but he does have a tendency to egg her on. He has pushed her down, hit her in the head with a stuffed animal etc. The lasts time she did that, she was playing with something and he went up and started to yank her toy from her. She grabbed him and pinched/scratched. That's been almost 10 months ago since the last time. If I term her, I'd have to term him too. Just because it doesn't leave a mark, doesn't make his behavior any better.
The bolded above is EXACTLY why.

You are placing blame on a 3 yr old.

You are justifying a child's aggressive actions as if the other child deserves it. I don't understand that.

ANYTHING that happens on your watch is YOUR responsibility and I am not saying you aren't supervising them but I would have made a point of OVER supervising the first time this happened...the second time it happened I would have eliminated the opportunity for EITHER of the kids to have access to each other. all day. every day.

It's really the only action you can take if you are unwilling to term.

I also disagree that you would have to term them both.
The one that scratches should be terminated. Physical aggression should always be viewed as more dangerous and more of a liability than antagonizing behaviors that somewhat appropriate for that age group.

Physical aggression = NOT developmentally appropriate
Antagonizing behaviors = unwanted behavior but still developmentally appropriate.

Like I said, I am not saying any of this to be mean or hurtful but this is whole situation screams liability and as I read along with what is happening daily, it's like one of those scary movies we watched when we were younger.... I'm reading your posts and whispering to myself "Noooo, don't go down into the basement!"

Please reevaluate this situation and try to look at it from the outside. If you are going to pacify any family, it should be the victims....they're the ones that could create issues for you if they're child is injured again.

I just don't want this to end badly for you.