Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
Josiegirl 03:30 AM 04-15-2018
Originally Posted by storybookending:
I am literally at the point where I would take the write up for not going outdoors on a day the temperature was fine... although if there were a licensing visit I doubt highly they would blame me as everyone is over this. I could barely plow my driveway and sidewalk this morning I didn’t even attempt the paver patio/paths in the backyard where the kids play. I AM DONE. I don’t know how much we got last night, it is hard to tell because the wind is ridiculous and the snow is all drifting but it took me 75 minutes to plow what usually takes 12 minutes for a normal snowfall. The rumblings on Facebook say we got 11 inches last night. We are supposed to be getting the worst of it tonight it just started snowing heavier about an hour ago after taking a break during daylight hours today. They say an additional 10 to 18 inches is possible according to my local weather stations latest post. I have never seen snow like this in my life. I mean it’s Wisconsin we get a ton of snow but it usually comes in 3-6 inch spurts. I feel like I jinxed it because I recall saying something to the SIL of the “I would love it if it snowed a crap ton just once because I’ve never seen that happen”. Although I said this in January when I was thinking how nice a few unexpected days off would be.. not in APRIL. This is most deff a storm for the record books.
The snow gods heard you!! I went out with my dogs an hour ago and it had only snowed about an inch and wasn't doing anything so I was thinking cool, we didn't get the predicted 6". Well, now it's coming down like crazy. Unfortunately April can bring some bad snow.
Every day is one day closer to summer. Hang in there.