View Single Post
Blackcat31 07:13 AM 04-16-2018
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I will explain this best I can. I currently have a family of dcks that come 3 full days a week. 2 girls, ages are 4 and 2. I also take their 6 yr old big sister before and after school. About 6 weeks ago their mom tells me the 4 yr old will be going to an all day 5 day a week pre school in the fall. Still leaving me with 2 year old which is fine. So, I had a family waiting, wanting to bring their 2 yr old so I have them set to come starting in the fall. Well, this weekend I run into a person that knows current family with 4 yr old well and she tells me that they told her their 4 year old was now going to go to a five day 3 hour a day program, assuming that I will be watching their girl before and after preschool. Family never told me their change in plans and I already commited to a new kiddo. No room for more. What the heck do I do? How do I approach this with the family that is taking me for granted. Why assume that they could just expect me to always accommodate them. So, looking for the words I need to tell this family I took a new kid in and can't watch theirs. Hope this makes sense. Thanks
I wouldn't do anything. The family hasn't told you anything either so as far as you know there is no issue.

If DCG is going to a 3 hour program, they may have a family friend, neighbor or relative lined up to provide care outside those 3 hours so they family may not be planning to use your services at all.

If they do say anything about needing care, I would simply say I can't accommodate that as I've already filled the space according to what you (family) previously said.

Just because their plans may have changed doesn't mean you are obligated to change yours.