View Single Post
Sprouts 12:16 PM 08-20-2012
Okay so I am in a not so good situation....

My favorite family, my main income pretty much, and the most easy going baby just told me she might have to look for another child care provider. This gave me the worst feeling in my heart....

the reason being my sick child policy...its pretty standard, i am a little more strict then some other daycares...but pretty much the parents aren't allowed many days off...so when her daughter has a cold its hard for them to keep her home. Mind you she is one, she cannot blow her own nose, if she has a lot of boogers, its everywhere, I am pregnant as well and the constant going back and forth and having to sanitize everything is not the most fun.

At the moment my two children are sick, my husband is staying with them to keep them seperate, so the only other child that I am watching today is still not sick...and I would like to try and keep it that way...so when mom dropped baby off today she says she barely has a runny nose and had a slight cough this morning but nothing serious, her family thinks its probably "allergies" but grandma doesnt want to watch her because she gets sick easily...so fine...a minute later her daughter sneezes and a clearish greenish booger comes out....her mom leaves, 5 minutes later her nose starts running and right away baby starts smearing it all over her face.

I already know how this will turn out...all day wiping, all night sanitizing...so I call mom and tell her the great news, she handles it well, comes rights back, but i know is not happy...she tells me her job is super upset and she only has one more sick day left and she hopes she doesnt get fired oh and its strange because for some reason at home all weekend her nose is barely runny at all, just when she comes her i guess....i feel bad because if i really wanted to i could have stayed with her and kept cleaning her face all day and smeared boogers until 6pm...but I do have my sick policy for a reason.

So i am stuck in a rutt, she just texts me saying she might have to look for another child care, but she would love her daughter to stay with me but she has no more sick days barely and cant stay home with her if she is "semi-sick"

She is my main income, i only watch 2 kids, 1 full time 1 part time...were about to have a baby in like 7 weeks...

any advice i would love to hear, thank you all