View Single Post
Mommy2One 11:47 AM 12-03-2012
Originally Posted by MyAngels:
All but a couple of families over the years have chosen the half-day preschool option over moving their kids entirely to a center for a full-day program.
How does transportation work for those children?

We have free (to parents) VPK for 4 year olds in my area. It's available at any preschool/day care willing to meet the state requirements/do the paperwork so there are a variety of quality programs to choose from. The program covers about 3 hours/day, and most schools are set up for something like 9:00am-12:00pm. My daughter's an only child who spends 2 days with her grandmother and the other 3 with very low ratio outside care (1:2 - 1:4 usually) so I think she'd benefit from being in a larger group in a more structured setting. I don't want her to be in a school/daycare environment the full 9.5 hours/day though and I love our current provider and the home-like atmosphere - I just don't know how to get her to/from preschool. I'd be fine with my provider transporting her, but feel that that's a bit much to ask so I'd love some other ideas.