View Single Post
Luna 04:54 AM 10-30-2010
Originally Posted by sbschildcare:
I'm struggling with this. Example. My bathroom is a mess every morning when my family finally leaves for the day and I'm left with daycare kids.

the bathroom is only ONE area of frustration - but it is a good example.

I can't clean my bathroom while doing daycare.
I have not had to worry too much about this in the past because none of the kids use my bathroom except for my own dd. None are potty trained and we wash hands in the kitchen.

But Monday i have a 4 year old boy starting who is potty trained and I can't have my bathroom looking the way it does.

another example is my kid's bedrooms. They were approved for daycare use. But they are not used at all during the daytime. The only reason we use those rooms is for nap time. But I still can't have the kids rooms looking the way they do. If I were to be spot inspected yesterday I would have been in deep poo!

I'm so tired of lecturing and fighting and going over this over and over again. How do you manage?
Hi, I'm new here and I have read so much good advice on these pages

I have 3 dcks who use the potty so maybe I can offer a couple of suggestions for the bathroom. The bathroom the kids use is kept as clutter-free as possible because I must clean after every use. I keep a spray bottle of bleach solution and a roll of paper towels on the top shelf of the closet (anywhere out of reach will work) and I spray & wipe the toilet while they are washing their hands, then I do the sink & countertop while they are drying their hands. There are no nicknacks around so I can do this as quickly as possible. Our toothbrushes are kept inside the medicine cabinet out of reach. Hand towels are under the sink & the kids each get themselves a fresh one each day and they hang them up on the back of the door.

I hope this is at least a little helpful!