View Single Post
LaLa1923 01:31 PM 05-31-2013
Originally Posted by rmc20021:
I JUST sent a letter home with the parents yesterday regarding communication...letting me know when they will be late or not coming. It's in my policy and the original reason for writing the letter was to ask the parents to READ the handbook so they know my expectations. And in the letter, I specifically noted issues that have been problems...such as no show/no call and late arrivals.

Dcb showed up two hours late, at 10 am...he JUST got up (so will not be ready for nap today), and he has not had breakfast (served at 9 am in my daycare)

Dcb's mom leaves for work before I open and her roommate brings him since getting laid off from her job 2 weeks ago...from a Headstart center. She SHOULD know policies regarding feeding kids before they arrive if they come after meals, bringing kids late who have slept in etc.

I think I'm going to just request dcm bring dcb the 15 minutes before I open in order to have some consistency. I don't like waiting and wondering if/when he's going to show up.
Did you admit him into care?? I would not have! You just showed her it's ok to break your polices. I would rather open up early to for the consistency.